Question: Depth Tracking

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Has anyone tracked claims via depth ?

It should be the same as other depths it only effects what type ore you get. The only time you get decreased claims is because another miner possibly been through area at same depth.

Literally a whole website dedicated to mining.

Littlebigmininglog.com

It shows min and max depth for resources as well as avg depth for last 90 days, plus maps of each enmatter and ore in the game.

It should be the same as other depths it only effects what type ore you get. The only time you get decreased claims is because another miner possibly been through area at same depth.
Bingo except that it doesn't need to be the same depth. If you mine at say around 200m and "deplete" the area by dropping until you get a miss (full radius), then come back within a few minutes with say an 800m finder to drop at the exact coordinates again, you're going to find very few if any claims. Depth basically has no influence on if a claim is found, only what the specific resource is after the claim is found.
Literally a whole website dedicated to mining.

Littlebigmininglog.com

It shows min and max depth for resources as well as avg depth for last 90 days, plus maps of each enmatter and ore in the game.
Just FYI that part is busted right now (service provider broke part of the updating function with a new "update"). Last manual update was last May, and it's likely looking like it'll be awhile before auto updates to the website are back. Ido is slowly working on that and a bunch of other problems it caused in the background though. The depth ranges on the website will still be pretty accurate though aside from those with low sample sizes.

Just FYI that part is busted right now (service provider broke part of the updating function with a new "update"). Last manual update was last May, and it's likely looking like it'll be awhile before auto updates to the website are back. Ido is slowly working on that and a bunch of other problems it caused in the background though. The depth ranges on the website will still be pretty accurate though aside from those with low sample sizes.
Oh shoot, did not know that. Thanks!

Bingo except that it doesn't need to be the same depth. If you mine at say around 200m and "deplete" the area by dropping until you get a miss (full radius), then come back within a few minutes with say an 800m finder to drop at the exact coordinates again, you're going to find very few if any claims. Depth basically has no influence on if a claim is found, only what the specific resource is after the claim is found.
Not sure if you know or tested but have you ever gone back to that area amped up and noticed if their was lack of claims? I had weird theroy in that claim is by size so if you over mine an area say unamped but go back amped it would allow you to sorta access the bigger claim sizes.

Had other theroys was testing like the finder acts in a 2d way and certain situations not explaining to much increases radius was going to approach ma but their think I'm prolly crackers and that it's auto-generated right and doesn't work in a 2d way.

no i feel like its a waste of time lol , as long you are at proper avg for the minerals you seek ya again waste of time

Not sure if you know or tested but have you ever gone back to that area amped up and noticed if there was lack of claims? I had weird theroy in that claim is by size so if you over mine an area say unamped but go back amped it would allow you to sorta access the bigger claim sizes.
I haven’t seen any indications that amping changes what’s available like that at least with somewhat similar HR testing.

Part of that idea comes from flavor text or old guides that made it sound like amps let you detect larger claims. In reality, it’s just increasing the drop cost that is used for a base for calculating claim size. The only thing there’s really been indication so far of what’s “in the ground” is just what you could call a claim node that indicates a hit.

Back