Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

I read it as 98 out of 100 players will see better loot if they hunt wisely.

The return TT wise may stay the same, but other factors (MU for example due to new BP's or a change to crafting, or whatever replaces ammo in loot), will mean the mu loot will be better.

Yea it does make more sense actually :)

The 2% is probably those who have already achieved max efficiency for their activity..ie the 2% who have the best of everything for what they do.

Yea it does make more sense actually :)

The 2% is probably those who have already achieved max efficiency for their activity..ie the 2% who have the best of everything for what they do.

Those 2% are either abusers, or they are not efficient/smart or its me and my alikes thats the 2% :)

Impossible to speculate from given text but Im eager to see the outcome of this!

Those 2% are either abusers, or they are not efficient/smart or its me and my alikes thats the 2% :)

Impossible to speculate from given text but Im eager to see the outcome of this!

Dose that mean we might see rage threads, threats of quitting and everyone saying to you that you don't have the right gear from you, joda and Messi? ;)

At the same time the 5/10% that are profitable no longer deposit can be the new CEO you well put too :laugh::laugh:
On the other hand 90% who deposit less is more problematic :rolleyes:
Stop believing has a revolution return rating and you will be less disappointed after your deposit ;)

I would like to have a compensation of all the bp L that I can not crafter because they add more and more :rolleyes:

Oooh buffs being implemented into loot... Now I'll have a use for my thousands of neurostim Y pills! :yay:

Yea I think your right! Same here, looking forward to it! :)

The TT value of your 'expensive' items will not have changed, so MA cannot be blamed.

The expensive toys you 'invested' in are the same toys as yesterday. The extra over TT you paid, you paid to another player. Blame other players.

This is why this game is not an 'investment opportunity', it is just a game, and as per ALL games, the rules sometimes change...as do stats, eco, effects, uses etc etc etc.
Look at the ancient items, the stats were changed on the same items which came later; SGA items - stats were changed for these particular items. The stats changing meant new eco levels.

Yes, this may change the perceived value of some of the higher level toys.
The 'perceived' value.

Note to all - investments are governed by regulators. Games are not. Spend what you want, knowing there is a chance you will lose. Don't 'invest'. This is not Forbes.

If you are using the items, what does the perceived value matter?

For those who will come and say 'how would you feel if you invested a shitload and now it was worthless', or words to that effect.
Well, I would say I realise this is a game and not an investment platform...

Invest in your avatar, by all means. But realise this can and will be affected by the rules, the TOU, the budget, new items, balance etc etc etc.

Those crying about their 'investments' being affected are the same ones who cry about the game being stagnant and needing to attract new players.

*hides from the sh*tstorm...*

The TT value of your 'expensive' items will not have changed, so MA cannot be blamed.

The expensive toys you 'invested' in are the same toys as yesterday. The extra over TT you paid, you paid to another player. Blame other players.

This is why this game is not an 'investment opportunity', it is just a game, and as per ALL games, the rules sometimes change...as do stats, eco, effects, uses etc etc etc.
Look at the ancient items, the stats were changed on the same items which came later; SGA items - stats were changed for these particular items. The stats changing meant new eco levels.

The 'perceived' value.

Note to all - investments are governed by regulators. Games are not. Spend what you want, knowing there is a chance you will lose. Don't 'invest'. This is not Forbes.

For those who will come and say 'how would you feel if you invested a shitload and now it was worthless', or words to that effect.

Invest in your avatar, by all means. But realise this can and will be affected by the rules, the TOU, the budget, new items, balance etc etc etc.

Those crying about their 'investments' being affected are the same ones who cry about the game being stagnant and needing to attract new players.

No need to hide. This information is posted clearly on their "investments/opportunities" page.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/index.xml

Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see:

"Remember,
Planet Calypso is first and foremost entertainment. The Real Cash Economy and the challenge of trying to play for free or even make a profit are part of that entertainment experience."

[h=2]Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0[/h]

[*]Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors. This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization.
[/LIST]

Originally Posted Here

so we will finally see alot more weapons above level 100?

i hope so,lots of players way over level 100 nowadays

yes, and if we have a look at some hunters on twitch e.g. alot creatures are in a hp range where theres alot shooting and fapping and all that. to kill them faster for efficiency would include new weapons with higher dmg output.

if there are really so many new blueprints that could mean we see a economy boost because a new weapon market is to arrive.

The 'perceived' value.

Well since this is an RCE the "investments" should to some extend be cared for since its a big part of this game and a consciderable amount of players has items with relatively high MU.

Personally I dont care, but what I do care about is the faith and trust ingame wich is crucial to not have a bankrun.

Its easy to say like you did, to act thereafter is just plain stupidity. You want your fellow gamers unhappy and in a stroke to feel betrayed?? We all know its dynamic and evolving but I like to have more players happy not less hence all aspects needs attention, even the ones I personally dislike because in the long run a small player can become a big or reverse.

Hope that wasnt all too messy, sometimes its hard for me to make thoughts into understandable things when I write :)

Even more so... Crone believes it also reads that you ought to use gear that is at your level. How about being over skilled for your gear. Does that count as a negative as well?

What Crone tries to ask:

Crone is level 50 using a level 30 gun. Will Crone get a penalty for not using the right level weapon?

What will it do with Imk2 since it's now most eco gun. Will it still be in the future

Even more so... Crone believes it also reads that you ought to use gear that is at your level. How about being over skilled for your gear. Does that count as a negative as well?

What Crone tries to ask:

Crone is level 50 using a level 30 gun. Will Crone get a penalty for not using the right level weapon?

Who knows in future but right now you are already penalized with less skill gain and more mob regen...

No energy to rewrite this so I do some quotes instead.
It's about how I see how current system works, and also about why its good vs bad to give out
info about loot.

This one is about lootsystem

I'm too tired to explain my p.o.v of lootsystem, but to make a "short" note :tongue2::

Imo it isn't based on the damage, even though it could look like it.
It's about the value you create when equip gear and do interactions with a target.
Some say it's to advanced to use that, but it isn't, it's about using dynamic coding in the right way.
(When something is equiped, avatars interaction value is calculated from all parameters, it's this
value that is used against targets value. )

If doing so, you can create a system that use something we can call "reverse efficiency", e.g instead
of building values where highest value gives best outcome, best possible outcome is when we are as
close to the targets value as possible.
Reason for using such system is that a under powered set up creates a negative value,
while a over powered set up creates a positive value. Both are not efficient, since they are not close
to the targets value in the avatars build-up value for loot.
Depending on what are included in this calculation, chances are that same set up for two avatars
can have different values when using the gear.
I.e it's dynamic... :silly2:

There are a LOT more things that controll loot, but this "small" post were about avatars part
in the build up for loot.
My guess is that both skills and attributes have a influence in loot tables.
The higher the better *chance* to get something good, not a guarantee though.
I also believe there is a cap for this at 10k, due to how system both works now
and in the past.
So if we have high PS doesn't mean we automatically have higher chance to get the
better stuff in loot, its when we have high PS with most skills around 10k the chance
get way higher.
Then we have attributes, who extremely few will get higher than 200 in, which means
they have same influence as a skill at 4k. That's 40% of max, and when looking around
at different avatars, 130-140 is still high, that means they have 26-28% chance of
best stuff.
If it is like this, no one will ever max their chance to get best stuff in loot.
Imo this is the reason why MA more or less killed gains of attributes the natural way
when they are above 110.
This is also the reason why they want skill trading to be expensive.
They just don't want a situation where we have players in God mode when it comes
to what they loot... even though some are close to that already. :silly2:
The whole system is basically matching values with values.
Imo it's quite "simple", when you interact with a target (hunting, mining, crafting and so on)
it's up to you to figure out what value you have to use to match value of target to be as
efficient as possible.
We don't have personal loot pools in that meaning that what I spend, can only I get
my hands on.
We do have loot pools that we all interact with, but the build up for the loot is personal,
and paid out from our common loot pool.
There are however both personal and system multipliers.

When we equip something they use dynamic coding to simplify calculations in our interactions.
This value is combined from everything we equip, e.g weapon, amps, enhancers, rings, pills
and so on.

This about info:

When it comes to publish a theory that might be very close to reality it isn't
always a bad thing for MA.
It's a question about balancing knowledge and also about give and take.

If to few understand system some few who do understand will gain from it.
The danger with that is that too many might quit, or at least spend less.
If too many understand system the gameplay might get dull and boring, and
from MAs p.o.v the amount of cash deposited might not be enough.
Their solution is to explain stuff in a very general p.o.v, where some confuse
what they said with specific actions in looting.

I have my own theory, that explains some "odd" things in loot that some
can't explain in e.g the DPP-theory.
I can see why a fresh noob can hit a really big hof, I can see why "target evaded"
is not a pure lost and so on.

Basically it's just a layered system that run one value against another when we do
interactions, and the more they match the better the outcome will be.
Ofc, there are *way more* things than just the avatars build up of values, we
have also values from system that are included in how loot build up works,
but still just values vs values. ;)

I feel like a beta tester quite often... :silly2:

[h=2]Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0[/h]

Also in the Loot 2.0 Version Update will be a range of improvements to various other systems with an eye toward lowering costs and increasing enjoyment for all Entropians. An example of such are the following planned changes to armor:

Armor Changes
  • Armor now decays significantly less per point of damage absorbed.
  • Armor no longer has a minimum decay based on total protection, it will now always decay proportionally to the amount of damage absorbed.
  • Armor can now absorb all incoming damage down to a minimum of 0.1 point of damage taken, instead of the previous 1.0 points of damage.
  • Armor and armor platings now decay independently based on the amount of damage they each actually absorb, rather than both decaying as if absorbing the full amount of received damage.
  • Armor decay is now linear per point of damage absorbed, rather than increasing in cost per damage absorbed.
  • A profession level requirement will be introduced for non-(L) armors. Meeting the required level results in the armor offering full protection at all condition values. If the profession requirement is not met, armor works as before, with protection decreasing relative to condition.

That one is very welcome!

I hate that they had to announce a month before, this suspense of not knowing EXACTLY what will happen, and how it will impact the economy and the HYPE level is killing me a slow death.:ahh:

What will it do with Imk2 since it's now most eco gun. Will it still be in the future

It will be severely nerfed. In a motion of pity I will relieve you of this burden for 1000 ped (which you can pay me cash upfront or in monthly installments). I will relieve you of that hypercharged A206 too, for free.

Take care,
BBB

I hate that they had to announce a month before, this suspense of not knowing EXACTLY what will happen, and how it will impact the economy and the HYPE level is killing me a slow death.:ahh:

I feel its good that they announced it early..because now hopefully a lot of people will plan to participate in the summer events.

I dont see why people are so worried, the full list of announced ideas is great i think..and I hope MA just go with what they think will take the game to the next level while at the same time reduce the cost to play!

Without change and continuous improvement the game will definitely die out and you will have more reasons to worry...we have been asking them to focus on the core of the game for a long time and now they are doing it in hopefully a big way!

Long live entropia universe and loot 2.0 ..the hype is real! ;)

It will be severely nerfed. In a motion of pity I will relieve you of this burden for 1000 ped (which you can pay me cash upfront or in monthly installments). I will relieve you of that hypercharged A206 too, for free.

Take care,
BBB

I don't get it

Well look at this way, the inevitable crying and complaining after the vu will probably be a little shorter instead as we burn ourselves out before it.

I dont see why people are so worried, the full list of announced ideas is great i think..and I hope MA just go with what they think will take the game to the next level while at the same time reduce the cost to play!

because it's MA we're talking about. Some of the armour changes could severely affect some of us and could increase costs. I quit depositing as I refused to chase the target MA dangled infront of me so if I suddenly find all my gear costs me more to use I'm not suddenly going to start depositing again.

It may equally affect depositing players at the top end, you've spent ages and a lot of ped buying your gear only to find it's costing you more to play than it did before because MA has decided it doesn't match your level anymore.

Last edited:
... Some of the armour changes could severely affect some of us and could increase costs....

And why? :scratch2: The only thing that will happen, it will work just like every day. (when you do not have the level to use it. )

Then, it can be better but never worse.

And why? :scratch2: The only thing that will happen, it will work just like every day. (when you do not have the level to use it. )

Then, it can be better but never worse.

When the old UL guns changed, the then half expensive but uneco - and fun! - gunnery took a big hit in value. The stuff you'd used for a few uneco hunts on bigger mobs became so uneconomical these halfway guns were rendered obsolete and unsellable.

With armor I imagine if you have a few pieces of good old armor saved for having fun once in a while without great skill in hunting, you'll find those useless or entirely unsellable. The skilled will already have armor and those skilling no longer need it.

Well look at this way, the inevitable crying and complaining after the vu will probably be a little shorter instead as we burn ourselves out before it.

because it's MA we're talking about. Some of the armour changes could severely affect some of us and could increase costs. I quit depositing as I refused to chase the target MA dangled infront of me so if I suddenly find all my gear costs me more to use I'm not suddenly going to start depositing again.

It may equally affect depositing players at the top end, you've spent ages and a lot of ped buying your gear only to find it's costing you more to play than it did before because MA has decided it doesn't match your level anymore.

For the armor part, not sure where you get that it would be a higher cost?

What I see is that it will cost less and with the benefit that you are rewarded for your skill level by receiving full protection on a damaged armor after X level has been reached..

This is obviously not release notes and exactly what will be but sounds good to me on that point also :)

It will have to be finished and I do not think that is the case.
I do not see too much interest in attracting the envy of the players so long before a share to fill the chest by launching at the same time summerbox or just because it made them do more work and it is not finished
We must merited the Vu limit :laugh:

With armor I imagine if you have a few pieces of good old armor saved for having fun once in a while without great skill in hunting, you'll find those useless or entirely unsellable. The skilled will already have armor and those skilling no longer need it.

It is easy, if it is to having fun, then hunt at your level. But you can not have fun at the expense of the skilled who invested more money and time than the others.

So thats in reality 3rd main change in loot system. I remeber when last time they removed weekly 20K trox /ambu and ATH's. It suppose to bring greeat loot to everyone, at least it was advertised like that. Few years later we still wondering what went wrong.

Now great promise of better loot for all is back again. No wonder most is sceptic about that. MA has great record of screwing important things and implementations, and just few things they introduced properly.

Back