Developer Notes #14 - Loot 2.0 Update

We know new rules now :

You want MU : try to acquire the best eco gear as possible.
You want more loot (according to the 7% bonus) : Try to acuire the best efficiency gear as possible.
You want Both : buy an Imp Mk II or built your gear with both, best DPP and best Efficiency.

It's still possible to have 100%+ TT loot, what is wrong ? I don't understand ?

Ahahahahahaha , if it's a dangerous path , you should know that it's not MA fault , and if the game will go to hell it's not MA fault it's the fault of all you big Uber's , because for you was never enough , everytime asking more and more and changes over changes you complained that MA didn't made any changes , well they did one.
I want to remember that you Uber's were always there squeezing the system , exploiting everytime , wanting more and more , exploiting waves , exploiting everything was possible to exploit and getting more and more money from the system , and still you wanted changes ... damn . Everybody thinks that if you get a 20k € gear you should profit automatically, no damn no ! Why should be only 10 players that should win always and the others 5k no because they don't have your gear ? I'm just asking how far this thing will go ? Till when you will complain? You don't like the changes just quit nobody wants you here. If not just play smart and stop complain.
And remember it's all you Uber's fault.

Uhm no? This is because of stupid suggestions by the mid range that don’t get the big picture. Please quote me or other people than smilgs making ridicilous suggestions. The ones profiting where those shutting up adapting to changes and not wasting time on forums.

If you don’t get why this is a dangerous path I will just waste my time trying to explain it to you so I give up already Now :D

It's like soko said. 2.0 is an empty shell until markup 2.0 arrives. Still no word on the mining and crafting updates. Would be nice to know if they at least have some sort of roadmap in the works.

This I agree with completely and would be great to have *any* communication on the matter.

We know new rules now :

You want MU : try to acquire the best eco gear as possible.
You want more loot (according to the 7% bonus) : Try to acuire the best efficiency gear as possible.
You want Both : buy an Imp Mk II or built your gear with both, best DPP and best Efficiency.

It's still possible to have 100%+ TT loot, what is wrong ? I don't understand ?

Just one question: Why would you invest more money in something that says only 97-98 percent ROI is possible ? To me that is what MA is saying. To me its kind of like buying a piece of land and the seller says if you do this and that and the other thing you should never loose more than 2 or 3 percent, unless the market falls (Which for us would be a bad run of luck) then nothing is sure. If you just enjoy playing then a 3% loss is fine and you still have entertainment and fun at a reasonable cost. I would rather lose 3% on 10K ped than on 100K ped. IMO I think that you only ones that have a good chance to make money are traders but where is the fun in that ? The ones that have know work a lot harder at trading than I do at hunting.

Uhm no? This is because of stupid suggestions by the mid range that don’t get the big picture. Please quote me or other people than smilgs making ridicilous suggestions. The ones profiting where those shutting up adapting to changes and not wasting time on forums.

If you don’t get why this is a dangerous path I will just waste my time trying to explain it to you so I give up already Now :D

Well I wasn't accusing you , just quoted , I know some high end players that for example were surfing everyday the waves but they were asking this to change(Joda for example ) , we know smigls and what he asked , I respect the players that adapted at everything and found the good path ingame , but to be honest i don't know what suggestions were asked by the mid players and implemented also. Everything that was implemented was by the ask of the high end players ...
I know why it's a dangerous path as you say , and I don't like it either , but it's not my fault , and I don't see a big fault from the side of MA tbh, I just know that are some that pretend that MA make this game to fit to them like a glove and everything should work perfectly only for them, but all this tooked the game from bad to worst .

Just one question: Why would you invest more money in something that says only 97-98 percent ROI is possible ? To me that is what MA is saying. To me its kind of like buying a piece of land and the seller says if you do this and that and the other thing you should never loose more than 2 or 3 percent, unless the market falls (Which for us would be a bad run of luck) then nothing is sure. If you just enjoy playing then a 3% loss is fine and you still have entertainment and fun at a reasonable cost. I would rather lose 3% on 10K ped than on 100K ped. IMO I think that you only ones that have a good chance to make money are traders but where is the fun in that ? The ones that have know work a lot harder at trading than I do at hunting.

This is average return. That mean and according to some ubers said it's still possible to hunt at 100% TT+ if you use the right gear. So, if someone have 107% return, if there is 2 players in game the other one have around 89% return. Like before loot 2.0.
What's wrong ?
The guy who invest in FB will have more chance to loot items than the one who don't use FB, best DPP give less shrapnel and more items.
The guy who invest in high efficiency gear will have better loot return than a player who have a bad one.

Now i agree, items before loot 2.0 and now have not the same markup value, because not the same effect. But they still work !
As i understand, it still happened in the past. MA still changed/improved system and alot MU was fall.

So what wrong ?
A guy who don't buy a UL weapon, will lost more than a guy who have a UL weapon, because he will pay high MU on L items and according to MA said MU is not a part of loot calcultation.

System work fine actually.

Why should you buy a 20k€ car when you know that after a day you cannot sell it with more than 18k€ ? But off this is a more complex idea of how everybody sees the things. MA said that you "Jim" if you roll 50k and using the right gear that you need for what you hunt you will get a average 97% ( no big multi included) now you need to use a little the brain and find over this theoretical 97% the MU from the loot( you can say where? Well you should find the way to get it) and therehow you get even and profit even .

Effects of Critical Hits/Damage on Loot
Finally, we have noticed several misconceptions in recent community discussions regarding Critical Hits that we would like to clarify. Critical Hits do not have a direct impact on loot value calculations per se. Since loot is now based on the actual cost to kill a creature in Loot 2.0, dealing more damage via critical hits (or by having higher damage per pec) does result in smaller loot events for a given creature, but this effect is directly proportional to the lower cost to kill and allows more creatures to be killed (i.e. more loot events) for a given amount of PED spent. Also, the composition of loot improves in such cases and results in a lower proportion of Shrapnel in loot. In other words, the use of items or consumables that provide increased Critical Hit Chance or Critical Damage can never have a negative effect on loot returns.

you are the most stupid company i ever saw..

you are playing with us, your customers, and you treat us like we are stupid kids..

why the hell we were paying thousands peds to buy eco items, scopes and rings and now you tell us that as more eco set we use, as less loot we get (from the certain mobs)..?

what the fuck are you telling us exactly? that we are so stupid to pay thousands of our real money to get items just to kill the mobs faster??

let's examine one example:

there are two hunters that hunt small ossecollums

first one use supremacy armor with 5b plates and hunt em with one old non-sib uneco pistol..

the second hunter use EST armor, has scopes and rings that give critital buffs and he use one eco long range weapon, so he can kill the mobs before they reach him..

according to what you told us.. both avatars will have the same return with the only difference that the second avatar will kill more mobs after recycling same peds

THAT'S STUPID!!!!

I think some people are perhaps a bit biased in their perspective. Not all people play to profit, in fact many do not. The vast majority of complaints was that the game was too expensive, not that they couldn't profit. Many just want to be able to play a significant number of hours, have fun, progress and not lose their shirt. This does in fact appear to be the "Robin Hood Update".

Why should you buy a 20k€ car when you know that after a day you cannot sell it with more than 18k€ ? .

This goes for nearly ANY car you buy.
As soon as you drive a 20k car out of a showroom, it will be worth 18k the next day.

And the reason you would buy it, maybe because you like that car?

I dont see how a car and Eu is related

the translation of the post MA,
thank you for giving us your money during the summer in view of the massive abandon of the players we will try to take less or not
see cld return :laugh:

I think some people are perhaps a bit biased in their perspective. Not all people play to profit, in fact many do not. The vast majority of complaints was that the game was too expensive, not that they couldn't profit. Many just want to be able to play a significant number of hours, have fun, progress and not lose their shirt. This does in fact appear to be the "Robin Hood Update".

Exactly!!! That is my thought and I like the others just want to play for a reasonably amount for the fun. Everything one does for fun usually cost money and this is the same. Yachting is very expensive and doing needle work is far less but to each his own. IMO way too many are trying to earn money and I think for vast majority that is not going to happen and I, for one, do not want to invest any more than I have to for all the crap that has been mentioned that you would need on the off chance I will "Hit it big".

No, there still is no personal loot pool.

No, DPP and Efficiency are not the same thing. DPP affects loot composition and critical hit/damage etc affect the DPP. Efficiency directly affects average TT return by 0-7%.

The amount of turnover isn't very relevant to the average return or volatility in return for any individual player. To reach a stable average return it's really the amount of loot instances or creatures killed that matters. As an example, if a player kills 2 Sand Kings spending about 5000 PED to do so the expected loot returned on those 2 kills can vary greatly. If instead killing 200,000 Punies also about 5000 PED the expected loot return is going to be very close to the expected average of 96%+ seen in the 2017 group. A more realistic example of this is perhaps spending 300 PED hunting Proterons vs spending 300 PED hunting small Argonauts where the Argonaut hunt will usually yield similar results and the Proteron hunt results can be all over the place since the loot events are so few.
The reason turnover is chosen as the metric to present these statistics is because number of kills doesn't really say much about which level of players are in which category since anyone can kill a large number of mobs if they are small enough.

Turnover or PED "Cycled" is all PED decayed/destroyed/spent on killing a creature, this means decay for weapons, armor, ammo, healing, attachments etc. It has nothing to do with deposits, trade terminals or repair terminals etc.

These numbers are averages, most players in each category are going to be either above or below said number.

As mentioned in a previous answer, the most important part for stable returns is the amount of kills or loot events not the amount of turnover. Most new players have very low turnover but hunt mobs like punies and therefore kill a large amount of mobs, like 1000 as you mentioned. This does produce results pretty close to the average for most new players.

Most of the decay from healing and using armor is now compensated for in the loot of the mob. On top of this the actual amount of decay to the armor per damage absorbed was reduced greatly. Overall the cost for healing and armor usage is less than 5% of what it used to be.

Yes it is still ongoing and we hope to be able to keep it this way.
As mentioned earlier it includes all decay of weapons, ammo, armor etc associated with killing the creature. Repairing simply moves PED from one place to another much like buying/selling things from the TT, neither has an effect on loot or MindArk revenues.
The loot system never accounts for markup. Not on markup spent on things like enhancers or limited weapons, nor on markup gained from loot such as oils, items and ESI etc, markup values are just transactions between players. It is always TT in vs TT out. These statistics also do not include any loot that was paid as tax on land areas, so the returns are actually slightly higher than stated here.
If those tests of using/not using crit buffs were done during the last two weeks it would have coincided with the increase in overall loot returns and any result would have been skewed by that.
As for your personal returns I will not answer that here but you already have those answers in a support case and will have to post it yourself if you want it shared.

Correct.

How does this work when hiring a fapper? Does the hunter still receive this compensation or has this now effectively minimized the usefulness of hiring a healer?

Thanks for your response in advance.

Because of the same reason why some people play $100 slots while some place .25 slots. The thrill of variability.

Over the long haul the $100 slot player will lose more money than the .25 slot player. But over the short term the $100 slot player may see a huge loot thanks to variability.

The uber HoFs on the smallest mobs is one of the worst strategies of PR.
It's making a lot of hunters think - should I have killed kerbs for the last years instead of evolving, skillig and gearing up?
I'm happy for the guys that get those, but, really now, can't you figure out a smarter strategy than this crap?
It discourages a lot more than it encourages people to hunt...

please, it is not the same as slots. here the ones with high turnovers in fact have less chance for variability, except for item drops - and even those are adjusted to fall to avatars just arriving / coming back from inactivity. the chance of ATH for high-rollers in hunting is all but gone.
the system rewards noobs, low turnovers, returning inactives and walk-by's which are all patterns that can and will be exploited - remember all those noobs with same name patterns catching the atrox hofs some years ago?
Because of the same reason why some people play $100 slots while some place .25 slots. The thrill of variability.

It's making a lot of hunters think - should I have killed kerbs for the last years instead of evolving, skillig and gearing up?
I'm happy for the guys that get those, but, really now, can't you figure out a smarter strategy than this crap?

you do know, that you can just take your huge ass gun that you would use on uber mobs and just blow away kerbs with them, right? overkill is a thing if the past so nobody forces you to exclusively use your equipment on big mobs.
and next thing is: how many ESIs (just an example) does the average kerb killer joe loot per year? on average through all of em it might be a little over 0. maybe 0,05 ESIs per kerb hunter per year. and even that might be too much. and on top of that kerbs dont drop ANYthing of value. those big mobs do pay ESIs a lot more frequent per peds cycled, and they offer the opportunity to drop other valuable stuff as well which can make up for the tt loss.
kerbs is pretty much a losing game now with 98% average tt return long term and 101% MU max on them. and everyone will sooner or later get to the 98% (at least mathematically), at least thats what the ubers always talk about. that you have to see the longterm average after a huuuuge kill sample.

Of Course

please, it is not the same as slots. here the ones with high turnovers in fact have less chance for variability, except for item drops - and even those are adjusted to fall to avatars just arriving / coming back from inactivity. the chance of ATH for high-rollers in hunting is all but gone.
the system rewards noobs, low turnovers, returning inactives and walk-by's which are all patterns that can and will be exploited - remember all those noobs with same name patterns catching the atrox hofs some years ago?

No one but you and your merry band of whatever you want to call them think "HIGH ROLLERS" still deserve it all... You constantly claim losses but ignore the numerous items and wealth you have picked up from the game of the years. Your years of pumping the game dry to your satisfaction is OVER! Get it! I for one am not impressed by the numbers you post because you never post them in comparison to the amounts you have received...

Adapt and stop crying, or pack it up and take a hike. Thats really your ownly two options.

From what I've been gathering, reading, talking to people, still seems its rather possible to profit.

Just you cant faceroll on your keyboard all day, manipulate markets and exploits and expect large profits. Cant just expect TT profits ALL the time simply because of invested time and money. Mind you, there needs to still be a carrot of some kind to chase.

Seems You now need to take more advantage of efficiency, dpp, increased turnover over other hunters and therefore more chances at loot and more loot with MU, looking for whats needed in supply and for demand, avoiding oversupply, etc...

In other words, you have to play the game more as it should be.

To be fair, MA still hasn't rolled out everything they announced related to loot 2.0, hunting specialization, market overhaul with hopefully needed crafted items and so fourth.

Making the game more based on cost to kill I think may just allow MA to do a lot more with EU than they could of before.

For example, they could now include weakness' and resists in enemies where you do bonus or less dmg and would allow for more variety of gear choice, since the model has switched to cost to kill. The system is somewhat in place already with matching armour to enemy damage, why not our damage to enemy weakness' and resists with some kind of bonus for hitting with weak dmg similar to crit? Put more of a use to the variety of weapons and armour there is while also allowing more weapon types?

Last edited:
So tired of this "adapt or die" - as mentioned many times, went barely breaking even to losing around 2016 April not yesterday. Then, start of 2017, tried to adapt by changing a gun to one with buffs (viridian), buying modified viceroy. And for a moment it seemed it was helping

After loot 2.0 my hopes got crushed, tried to adapt once more by buying the easter ring 2016, bringing the total volume put in buffs this year to ~240k peds.
So I did try to adapt, but instead of "adapt or die" it was "adapt then die" in terms of returns. And now I am stuck with worthless items that cannot be sold, just can continue using and hope for a fix. Could have insisted profiting more than ever thanks to the buffs and sold them, just like the tt profiters. But I am not that kind of person.

I am a paying customer with ~105k euros and good amount of effort put in the game. My tt return never went above 100% (around 98% currently overall) - probably because I refused to abuse EST as opposed to tt profiters.
Sure would like to be able to break even @ hunting instead of losing every month with equipment that was considered one of the best and skills that can as well be described as one of the best in the game.

Unreasonable? I don't think so. "deserve it all"? Nop. Pumping the game dry to my satisfaction? Nop.
Though thank you for your knowledgeable insight, I value it a lot.
No one but you and your merry band of whatever you want to call them think "HIGH ROLLERS" still deserve it all... You constantly claim losses but ignore the numerous items and wealth you have picked up from the game of the years. Your years of pumping the game dry to your satisfaction is OVER! Get it! I for one am not impressed by the numbers you post because you never post them in comparison to the amounts you have received...
Adapt and stop crying, or pack it up and take a hike. Thats really your ownly two options.

Last edited:
you do know, that you can just take your huge ass gun that you would use on uber mobs and just blow away kerbs with them, right? overkill is a thing if the past so nobody forces you to exclusively use your equipment on big mobs.
and next thing is: how many ESIs (just an example) does the average kerb killer joe loot per year? on average through all of em it might be a little over 0. maybe 0,05 ESIs per kerb hunter per year. and even that might be too much. and on top of that kerbs dont drop ANYthing of value. those big mobs do pay ESIs a lot more frequent per peds cycled, and they offer the opportunity to drop other valuable stuff as well which can make up for the tt loss.
kerbs is pretty much a losing game now with 98% average tt return long term and 101% MU max on them. and everyone will sooner or later get to the 98% (at least mathematically), at least thats what the ubers always talk about. that you have to see the longterm average after a huuuuge kill sample.

It's not about me man...
My gear and my skills allow me to kill a wide variety of stuff and going for the high hof was not my goal, ever since I learned how the game works. Next guy getting 300k HOF does not make me salty or anything. I'm just saying this is a stupid setting in the code, made to serve as publicity and it's affecting the game as a whole and I wish they would revise and adjust, faster, when a bad decision was made. We all make mistakes and we as a community were and still are pretty understanding with the service provider - and they were, on occasions, pretty receptive, NOT just to ubers, as some idiots imply. The whole 2.0 loot update came because people refused to listen and to be more eco, mainly. Ppl were going "eco smecko" left and right, advising others to do the same, refusing to just listen to the ones that were doing it for a longer time on a whole different scale. But, what's done is done and we hope everything will fall back into place and the game will be, once again, a great game for a much larger community - but that cannot happen with bad decisions that are not revised.
Also, fix the damn servers, the game cannot be played, even as a chat software, it sucks big time atm :D

So tired of this "adapt or die" - as mentioned many times, went barely breaking even to losing around 2016 April not yesterday. Then, start of 2017, tried to adapt by changing a gun to one with buffs (viridian), buying modified viceroy. And for a moment it seemed it was helping

After loot 2.0 my hopes got crushed, tried to adapt once more by buying the easter ring 2016, bringing the total volume put in buffs this year to ~240k peds.
So I did try to adapt, but instead of "adapt or die" it was "adapt then die" in terms of returns. And now I am stuck with worthless items that cannot be sold, just can continue using and hope for a fix. Could have insisted profiting more than ever thanks to the buffs and sold them, just like the tt profiters. But I am not that kind of person.

I am a paying customer with ~105k euros and good amount of effort put in the game. My tt return never went above 100% (around 98% currently overall) - probably because I refused to abuse EST as opposed to tt profiters.
Sure would like to be able to break even @ hunting instead of losing every month with equipment that was considered one of the best and skills that can as well be described as one of the best in the game.

Unreasonable? I don't think so. "deserve it all"? Nop. Pumping the game dry to my satisfaction? Nop.
Though thank you for your knowledgeable insight, I value it a lot.

so to get this straight in a timeline: Loot 1.0 where eco matters -> MA announces loot change 1 months before loot got changed -> Loot 2.0 change where MA states that the loot calculation is now based off of cost to kill and NOT dpp -> you buy easter ring, despite MA telling you everything you need to know -> you blame MA for changing the system after you purchased dpp items AFTER loot 2.0 change?

why didnt you read the loot 2.0 announcement and patch notes? and if you did, why did you buy a very very overpriced item that just had huge value because it increased dpp after you knew that dpp doesnt matter as much anymore, especially not in terms of tt return?

intentionally stupid? there is no other reason why someone would do that. you want to feel bad and lose. why else would you do such stupid shit?

pick up a part of the story and ignore the rest, how typical
again, I have been down since April 2016 - somehow it happened after loot 2.0 and easter ring it went way way worse than before. viridian gun was issued this year as the top prize of the main event. mod viridian peaked this year
i was just trying to say that I did try to adapt contrary to what the rats are saying
it is true buying easter ring 2016 was an act of desperation - but it is only a part of the story
you blame MA for changing the system after you purchased dpp items AFTER loot 2.0 change?

Last edited:
Its just back to the old times where everyone has a chance to hit big... it wasnt exciting hunting 2k hp mobs knowing you can only loot 2k max from them

pick up a part of the story and ignore the rest, how typical
again, I have been down since April 2016 - somehow it happened after loot 2.0 and easter ring it went way way worse than before. viridian gun was issued this year as the top prize of the main event. mod viridian peaked this year
i was just trying to say that I did try to adapt contrary to what the rats are saying
it is true buying easter ring 2016 was an act of desperation - but it is only a part of the story

you say that buying easter ring is adapting? because that seems to be the only change that you made after loot 2.0 to adapt to loot 2.0. or what is your adaptation? increasing your dpp while still in loot 1.0? well you said it was better after that so the adaptation worked. and what exactly have you done now to adapt`? and where are the results of each of these adaptation tests? i dont see any data regarding different tests

doh... what I said was
* easter ring 2016 was an act of desperation - in any case yes it is an adaptation attempt, be it a very poor one
* (showed a trendline of tt return) it was better for a moment after viridian and modified viceroy
* it became worse than ever (comparing to previous migrations) adding easter 2016
and yes I did tests referred to in this thread trying to go with minimum buffs, which showed way higher return than with buffs but (quite magically) happened to overlap exactly with MA's change mentioned above - MACharles even referred to it in the response

p.s. adaptation @ high turnover needs quite some amount of peds / valuable items, as explained by my returns and what happened to crit items, both are not an option anymore
If those tests of using/not using crit buffs were done during the last two weeks it would have coincided with the increase in overall loot returns and any result would have been skewed by that.
you say that buying easter ring is adapting? because that seems to be the only change that you made after loot 2.0 to adapt to loot 2.0. or what is your adaptation? increasing your dpp while still in loot 1.0? well you said it was better after that so the adaptation worked. and what exactly have you done now to adapt`? and where are the results of each of these adaptation tests? i dont see any data regarding different tests

Last edited:
doh... what I said was
* easter ring 2016 was an act of desperation - in any case yes it is an adaptation attempt, be it a very poor one
* (showed a trendline of tt return) it was better for a moment after viridian and modified viceroy
* it became worse than ever (comparing to previous migrations) adding easter 2016
and yes I did tests referred to in this thread trying to go with minimum buffs, which showed way higher return than with buffs but (quite magically) happened to overlap exactly with MA's change mentioned above - MACharles even referred to it in the response

p.s. adaptation @ high turnover needs quite some amount of peds / valuable items, as explained by my returns and what happened to crit items, both are not an option anymore

Random 500 PED gear people always searched for markup, always. They will do even better now.

Maybe adapt means, try different mob? Go hunt markup? At your volume, 105% would be fucking epic amount of PEDs :laugh:

I understand what you are saying, but people with a lot cheaper gear are doing better. Maybe game knowledge > VISA?

EDIT: Almost forgot. Maybe shooting same mob @ your LA isnt the best way to play the game? Quantity (big volume, lots of globals, nr1 hunter) vs "quality" (shit loot, shit markup, shit rares, total shit mob nobody else would hunt)

1. like 75% of loot is crapnel, 105% is quite difficult to imagine on decent turnover
2. my tt return in September was below 91.88% before adding the tax taking into account the below statement, which is another galaxy than the mentioned 98.6% average...
3. as for osse stalkers, after "enjoying" 91.09% tt on "untaxed" eomons, even the 95% tt including tax seems like a dream - it is a very practical choice considering I have had similar experience before on "untaxed"
The loot system never accounts for markup. Not on markup spent on things like enhancers or limited weapons, nor on markup gained from loot such as oils, items and ESI etc, markup values are just transactions between players. It is always TT in vs TT out. These statistics also do not include any loot that was paid as tax on land areas, so the returns are actually slightly higher than stated here.
Maybe adapt means, try different mob? Go hunt markup? At your volume, 105% would be fucking epic amount of PEDs :laugh:
I understand what you are saying, but people with a lot cheaper gear are doing better. Maybe game knowledge > VISA?
EDIT: Almost forgot. Maybe shooting same mob @ your LA isnt the best way to play the game? Quantity (big volume, lots of globals, nr1 hunter) vs "quality" (shit loot, shit markup, shit rares, total shit mob nobody else would hunt)

Girts, don't forget, MA said fee from taxed land are from your loot.
It mean, if you are 96% return and 4% Taxe on LA, you have 100% return. Add 1% from shrapnel.

But i'm sure, if you stop to play everydays on LA maybe your income will be better.

Back