Developer-Notes--2

Let's continue this shit.

If there is no personal lootpool, why I started to lose, lose and lose after my azz ATH + narc tower?

I didn't changed my way of mining, my "efficiency" was the same.

you must pay back to the loot pool.

MA can say it in that kind of way that there isnt any personal lootpool but its like the loot pool is a bank and the ath was a loan you need to pay back the the loot pool not to your own but to all the others bacause you took a huge part of their loot. (1 sentence FTW)

For some reason I have this irresistable desire to buy a kwabilov

For some reason I have this irresistable desire to buy a kwabilov
Yeah I felt the same way you did, but after some intense research, I found that Xigilobs might be a better bet.. :yup: The jury is still deliberating. :)

If there is no personal lootpool, why I started to lose, lose and lose after my azz ATH + narc tower?

I didn't changed my way of mining, my "efficiency" was the same.

I think your case is interesting. There are many possible explanations other than personal lootpool. We can rule that out, so it means that one of the other explanations must be true. Perhaps there are hidden attributes of avatars that affect loot, and hitting an ATH is a trigger that changes one of them, and you need to find the "new" efficient way to play.

In what way have your returns changed? Obviously, the TT return has decreased, but is that due to a lower hit rate or lower average claim size, or has the ratio of good MU to junk ores changed? Do you see the same poor returns if you mine unamped? Use different tools? Different techniques? Could it be that your change in loot is unrelated to the ATH but due to a simultaneous and unannounced change MA made to the spawning of ores that didn't affect most miners, but is incompatible with your personal mining technique? You seem to target premium ores. Maybe these have been made more difficult to find.

Unfortunately, I could go on and on with the list of possible explanations.... But if there really has been a genuine drop in loot, and it sounds like that's true in your case, then you probably just have to adjust, do a lot of experimentation and find out what method of play will return you to normal efficiency.

I could do that.

But sticking with my Opalo+A101 (which is the most eco combo I got in terms of damage/PEC) and hunting young snables/daikiba/exos, I would be barked at from the people who say that to get a good return (higher average markup), I should hunt mobs like aurli and kreltin so I get heart and brain oil rather than eye oil and thyroid oil.

I did try Longu Stalkers during SGA but apparently the SGA IMK2 was in a totally different mob.

Well I'm still/again waiting for Hunter Mentor Edition (F) footguards to turn up in auction.. :coffee:
Sentinel Armor set I gave up 5 years ago.

...(pics)

I am not suggesting a particular mob or weapon combo - and my point was not to imply that popping tiny mobs with an Opalo is the way to go - but if you had a very small bankroll and low skills it could be. Damage per pec was just one factor I mentioned - but I think there are many factors that go into determining what is eco for an individual avatar.

It is all about balancing skills, gear, mob, MU, bankroll, etc. - and there is not one answer to "What is eco?" - that is my opinion. The Dev notes don't end the debate (this thread is proof), they just refocuses it.

:beerchug:

Miles

Maybe Dev Note 3 will simply say ""All your Ped are belong to us."

Maybe Dev Note 3 will simply say ""All your Ped are belong to us."

They may delay Dev Note 3 unless they want more people selling out. I think the intention behind them was to shed some light on the interior works of Entropia but has instead caused a fair bit of
:scratch2: :eyecrazy: :duh: :grumble: & :cry:

They may delay Dev Note 3 unless they want more people selling out. I think the intention behind them was to shed some light on the interior works of Entropia but has instead caused a fair bit of

I think the intention was to stop the price collapse of (efficient) items we are facing for a couple of years now already. And probably to make more people buy (L) gear, to be more "efficient" (which is merely a joke, i get more loot back from MA but constantly spend that savings on markup instead)

That's what they tried to do imo - what they did instead is one of these countless little attempts to kill the game, just this time they appear to be more serious...

I hope they continue to post Dev Notes. Everything they posted so far is consistent from a company POV, intead of a player POV on how the company should be ran. If people can not handle the truth and are too far addicted to playing EU.. that's sort of their fault. It's like eating McDonald's every day (knowing that it's unhealthy but denying it) then getting fat from eating it and blameing McDonald's for making you fat; when the only person to blame is self...

~Danimal

I think the intention was to stop the price collapse of (efficient) items we are facing for a couple of years now already. And probably to make more people buy (L) gear, to be more "efficient" (which is merely a joke, i get more loot back from MA but constantly spend that savings on markup instead.

Regardless if an IMK2 or mod fap for that matter is 250k ped or 100k ped, it's way beyond my reach.

If it was 3 years ago, I probably would had a chance to deposit the current 4k ped for a wormhole chip. Today I've deposited way too much for that. (And now I read that all I spent so far in game was just throwing IRL money into a black hole.) Sure I've gotten skills, but those skills were gotten cheaper by the imk2/mod fap/repairable SIB-xxx people.

Maybe MA had to burst the bubble sooner or later, it was nothing wrong with the statement itself. At least now we know the rules: Any peds lost is gone forever.

Last edited:
Regardless if an IMK2 or mod fap for that matter is 250k ped or 100k ped, it's way beyond my reach.

If it was 3 years ago, I probably would had a chance to deposit the current 4k ped for a wormhole chip. Today I've deposited way too much for that. (And now I read that all I spent so far in game was just throwing IRL money into a black hole.) Sure I've gotten skills, but those skills were gotten cheaper by the imk2/mod fap/repairable SIB-xxx people.

Maybe MA had to burst the bubble sooner or later, it was nothing wrong with the statement itself. At least now we know the rules: Any peds lost is gone forever.

MA had to burst the bubble?

World record sales of virtual property / most expensive virtual items were free PR.

I seriously doubt that MA wanted to "burst that bubble".

IMHO, nobody at MA really knows what he's doing and what the effects (and side-effects) of his/her dilettantish actions will be.

I never said that there is a personal lootpool that will compensate for being stupid, just a mechanism that will insure I won't loose like hell, because that will make me leave the game

I agree. I'm sure there is a mechanism that tracks that short term. I said before that it is good to hear news from MA, but it needs to motivate people to spend, not have the opposite effect of scaring people that have experienced big losses, doing the same thing that pays well on another day.

The original post was plain hard truth, that crafting contantly with the bar in the red for example, could be very bad for your ped card.

I think after a lot of hard though regarding dev2, that as long as you approach the game in a balanced way, and continue what you did before without pushing the risks ever higher, then just maybe it will work out ok.

Rick

I hope they continue to post Dev Notes. Everything they posted so far is consistent from a company POV, intead of a player POV on how the company should be ran. If people can not handle the truth and are too far addicted to playing EU.. that's sort of their fault. It's like eating McDonald's every day (knowing that it's unhealthy but denying it) then getting fat from eating it and blameing McDonald's for making you fat; when the only person to blame is self...

~Danimal

If you were sold a dream, and it didn't come true year in year out then I think it is only right to be somewhat dissapointed.

Interesting though that those I have on my FL who did get an ATH's were the biggest risk takers and depositors. I gave MA a lot of money over the years, but I didn't give them a house, like I know some did. I probably gave them a nice small shiny boat, but it wasn't a new house.

Facts my friends tell their own story. I do have a big grin on my face right now, thinking about the BS of it all, but it still makes me chuckle, and I stil love to log in.

Rick

I agree. I'm sure there is a mechanism that tracks that short term. I said before that it is good to hear news from MA, but it needs to motivate people to spend, not have the opposite effect of scaring people that have experienced big losses, doing the same thing that pays well on another day.

The original post was plain hard truth, that crafting contantly with the bar in the red for example, could be very bad for your ped card.

I think after a lot of hard though regarding dev2, that as long as you approach the game in a balanced way, and continue what you did before without pushing the risks ever higher, then just maybe it will work out ok.

Rick

There is a problem tough if there is no long term loggin of your losses, let's say I ran out of money just before the time when the system would be good to me....and I manage to depo again in 10 days...with no long term ( here meaning 10 days) those losses will be lost

That's why it is so important to not ran out of money just before the system pays you ...very tough tho:)

There is a problem tough if there is no long term loggin of your losses, let's say I ran out of money just before the time when the system would be good to me....and I manage to depo again in 10 days...with no long term ( here meaning 10 days) those losses will be lost

That's why it is so important to not ran out of money just before the system pays you ...very tough tho:)

I think big loots are based on a formula of peds turned over, and skills gained over time, and I wouldn't be surprised if MA keeps moving the goal posts. So in 2007 you got an ATH at level 60, now in 2012 you get your ATH at Level 90, or never moving forward.....lol.

Yes it is hard to manage good budget, that is considered a very small budget playing at a very skilled level. In the same boat, take it one day at a time, dont chase...if the system is being too cruel then log off and give your screen the bird (middle finger).

GL

Rick

First, when it comes to "crafting in the red" and keeping a high budget:

If you lose 1000 ped one day and you log out, next week you do the same you did, you have the same chance/risk of winning/losing as you had when you lost the 1000 ped, if no history is recorded.

Same thing in hunting. It's just if you have a bigger budget, your losses and winnings gets evened out. If you go broke before you hit that ATH that brigs your peds back then you're a loser, if you instead get that ATH meanwhile, you're a winner.

It's like rolling a dice: If you roll your dice 3 times in a row and it's all 1-3, your chance of getting yet another below average on next throw is still 1/2.

This is if the system has no memory, and there is no other factors involved (ie "dynamics").

The other point was about the eco of weapons: If you use a below-average eco weapon, you're a loser. If you use an above average weapon you're a winner (in the long run) - if there is no sideeffects (such as skilling factor or weapon loot boost). As the people who have above-average economy gear probably don't want to get rid of them as long as they're active ingame, your chance of getting one is rather slim (you have to fight over them). When thinking of a weapon you also need to take the plausible mobs into account - what levels of markup the kind of mob you can hunt efficiently with that weapon (taken things like armor decay and fap cost as well as time availible for gameplay) into account.

At least for me this requires a new state of mind; let's say when hunting osseocollums (which hits me every time), there is a lot of fap decay. And if the fap and armor decay just vanishes somehow and aren't added to my "personal loot pool" then it's maybe best to leave high end hunting to the people who have the right equipment. Who can kill them fast enough, and whose cost for fapping is negligable (by using an uberfap). Depending on future hunting level; to just hunt for fun (not considering eco), I don't need much more skills as I maxed my 2600 long time ago and I have like 9.95-10.0 on fap5 so for that reason I don't need much more skills (and why would I bother to continue skilling to use UR-175 on which I'm 98% onto if skilling/fapping is all a cost). After all, at least in the beginning, even when I get into range of the UR-175 I would have below-average economy (and sk-80(L) are relatively rare in auction).

Last edited:

Conversely, people that get unusually high loots worth thousands of PEDs, will enjoy days/weeks/years of free access to new loots, which of course may or may not be above average.

The difference between hitting that desired tie loot and not hitting it, is huge.

Conversely, people that get unusually high loots worth thousands of PEDs, will enjoy days/weeks/years of free access to new loots, which of course may or may not be above average.

The difference between hitting that desired tie loot and not hitting it, is huge.

I know I'm the only person who thinks like this; but the reason I've been hunting has basically been the hope of looting an item that's on the mobs historical loot list, not to strike an ATH(*). After all, all loots are paid in terms of TT value, and someone getting an ATH is, one way or another, paid by all hunters.

And getting a big HOF is no guarantee that you can buy your dream item if there is none on the market or if its is priced higher than the value of the HOF at the time you get/got the HOF.

(*) Well I have done a few half-hearted tries to make ATH with the limited budget I have and aware of the resources I have for that kind of activity. I killed a few white sharks and vulcan dragons duting the space event, but I didn't get the fun in chasing proterons before the nerf. But for the space event it wasn't really the ATH itself I wanted but rather a fun repairable item.

Last edited:
They put systems in place that allow you to loose a lot of money in a very short time. Then tell us that this is a garunteed route to failure, with no hope of compensation.

I used to tell my self after heavy losses ' oh well need to build up that big HOF'

Now I know I was paying for all the noobs big Levi HOF's and ubers big prots and the big HOFs that come every event.

My own losses where never going to be awarded back to me, well I'm not giving this game any more money. I'm selling out. Re coup some of my losses, and this makes me sad. And I see more more long serving players and depositors doing the same.

I supported this game with a lot of money, but dev notes2 has killed that little bit of hope that kept me paying and playing

I think you misinterpret it. Nowhere does it say that any loss is gone forever, it says that your prior losses don't have any influence on your future results....

I have payed 75 000 danish kroner over 4½ years, my biggest hunting loot was 2800 ped ( 1568 Kroner)
Goodbye.

6 years of losing money to this game.. waiting for the "big payback".. but its nice to tell me that it aint coming.. so now i can quit and move on

Again, MA telling people it's all luck and big spending driving away dedicated players. Also, telling people that remain how to get unfair returns in the long term. Adapt or leave :)

I have payed 75 000 danish kroner over 4½ years, my biggest hunting loot was 2800 ped ( 1568 Kroner)
Goodbye.

6 years of losing money to this game.. waiting for the "big payback".. but its nice to tell me that it aint coming.. so now i can quit and move on

umad.jpg

No, they are not. You are just wrongly interpreting it as such.
Indeed, they are saying that it's just luck, but you can affect on how much you lose.

No, they are not. You are just wrongly interpreting it as such.

Maybe you interpret it wrong? Just like all those who thought there was a personal lootpool where wrong.

But I don't think it needs much interpreting, they gave us some cold hard facts, that none can argue with

No personal lootpool
No tracking of losses

You can look at these facts in a positive way all you like, but for big spending hopefuls, whose whole entropia life believed that these things where true through there own experiences, these facts are about the worst bit of truth imaginable. Fact!

No need to interpret, or to read between the lines.

Haha just had a thought

Dev notes 3

Deposits do have a direct impact on your success in entropia universe, and a at mindark we track and record all yor personal deposits. Your success can be greatly improved by depositing lots money.

Hehe that should have a more positive impact then the previous notes lol

They said there is no personal loot pool, that they don't track returns over time,
but did they say we are just lucky when we get a good loot? Nope.
They actually said something influences our return over time, that *is* tracked... :)

Back