Skillin' Villains
Jessie -a Star
did anyone go to CND for ND's wedding?

How was it?

Do you have any pictures to post?

Jessie :girl:

i couldnt care less tbh ;)

The first LAG induced wedding in the history of RL and the virtual world!!! :D

I'm pretty much planning on keeping my feet on dirt for the vast bulk of my life on Calypso, so no, I didn't go.

AG

RL bed & beautysleep was callin, so i had to miss it =/

Due to my fear of flying - especially through space at night - and the lack of interest I only created a "temp-ava" starting at CND to take a look. It was nice, it was new (for me watching a virtual wedding / virtual weddings had happened before)... and that's it.

Jac

Hm, should have taken some beauty-sleep like Nea... damned.

F1r3 said:
i couldnt care less tbh ;)

But apparantly you care enough to tell us you don't care. So, your desire to have people know of your dispondency is greater than your interest in two people making one of life's biggest decisions, and doing it InGame?

is that a cry for help ;)

I went...had a lot of fun.

The Lag was not bad at all...and there were about 2 dozen avvys on the dancefloor at the peak. I had some fun chats all day long while there.

Mindstar did a great job with those pics.

CND is really also starting to look nice too....little by little.

The music was very unique...a great mix of modern stuff I never heard of before (mostly house I think), and some oldies. The quality of the music stream was outstanding.

I would say definatly keep CND in mind for future events.... I had a lot of fun, and didn't spend anything, in this 3d chatroom with streaming music.

Fade said:
But apparantly you care enough to tell us you don't care. So, your desire to have people know of your dispondency is greater than your interest in two people making one of life's biggest decisions, and doing it InGame?
is that a cry for help ;)

Hehe, I don't think so :laugh: . Perhaps it's only a counterbalance to some of the people (in another thread called grunts), that in combination with ND are only able to use vocabulary like "so nice", "awesome", "groundbreaking", "exciting", "amazing", "lovely", "cute" ...

Jac

Well, part of the fun is sharring the experience with friends, or people you hear a lot about, but rarely talk to. If you are relatively new to EU, or anti-social, then it would not appeal as much.

I went had a great time! The music was awesome and Sheba even did a live song for us... so it was cool :).

Hoot also forgot to mention that she had a chance to chat with me, too. She was probably just trying to be humble ;)

It's not for everyone, and we can respect that, but I don't understand why it's necessary for some to express their opinions with cutting remarks. Oh wait ... yes I do!

ON TOPIC:

The event was "all those adjectives" mentioned previously, and then some. It was unique, and the first of it's kind. For those of us who were there to share in this uniting of two ppl in marriage both IRL and in the virtual world, it was an experience we won't soon forget.

The Club is usually pulsating with streaming sounds that don't keep you still for long, and this event was no exception, until it came time for the exchanging of vows. We heard EVERYthing from the Minister conducting the ceremony, to ND and Sheba pledging their love and life to each other. Even ND's son was a very important part of this ceremony bcuz it wasn't going to continue until he verbally gave his blessing to the listening audience that indeed, it was a big "yes" for the two of them to joined together in marriage.

When the ceremony concluded, it was a continuation of the celebration CND-style, and I'm happy to report that many new faces stated that they didn't know we had so much fun "up there" ... but were truly enjoying themselves.

You don't have to go to CND, or even like that it exists, but it doesn't mean that you have to be so cutting in your remarks when you've never experienced it. Differences of opinion can be respected, but how you express them is very telling.

Thx to all of you who joined us for this special occasion, and for sharing your "surprise" fun inspite of what might have been apprehension to go. There was a respectable showing by the community, and I can tell you that ND was very pleased and honored that you were able to join him and Sheba and his son during this unique event.

missed it!!!

AHHHHHH...I thought it was on Sunday :dunce: !!! IDIOT ! I even bought the bride and groom some flowers. Bugger (can I say that on the forum).

You don't have be a grunt to show support to what others are doing.

Trust me... I am no grunt for ND....if we met in real life, we would probably have little regard for eachother's 'culture' (of course I am assuming this)...we are likely that different from eachother.

In spite of that, I can respect him as a person, a businessman, and a gamer....and more importantly for our current discussion, as an Entropian. I can also value the creativity and effort he applies to CND.

Yes, there are some folks in ND's inner circle that he uses to help him manage this huge undertaking that he is involved in....nothing wrong with that. There is also nothing wrong with him wanting to get a return on the most massive investment that anyone has made into EU.

But there are many more of us, who may not be as energetic in our support...but it is sincere nonetheless.

If you have never chatted with him...let me tell you one thing... he is one of the nicest and approachable folks you will meet....even though he is probably overwhelmed with pms everytime he logs on... he has never ignored a question that came from a relative nobody like me or hesitated to let me add him to FL. If you think about how busy he must be with all he does in game and IRL, this says something about the man.

That is part of why people are happy to support him in this endeavor.... he is a good example of the kind of folks you want in EU.

And just so you don't think that I am kissing his backside....

ND.... I don't care for the hedonistic focus of the disco.... naked statues and all (even though I had fun joking around with them).... You Perv!

Fade...sorry no I really intended to go !!!!!! I agree with your analysis of ND and wanted to show some support - he seems to be all the things you state below - more importantly he seems to have had a lot of pain in his life and come to a much better place. Like you, I have only spoken to him on a couple of occassions- he seems a really nice guy.

hehe...P-J...none of that was directed at you...it was a boot to the head for that other guy.... you didn't say anything wrong....relax man..... smoke a cigar.

Jac said:
Hehe, I don't think so :laugh: . Perhaps it's only a counterbalance to some of the people (in another thread called grunts), that in combination with ND are only able to use vocabulary like "so nice", "awesome", "groundbreaking", "exciting", "amazing", "lovely", "cute" ...

Jac

Jac... that wasn't directed at you either.... it was for the F1ysomething guy... they guy that cared enough to tell us he didn't care.

hey...pass that stoggy over to Jac. ;)

Edit:... ah wait... I understand... you were not agreeing with the guy.... just adding some perspective.... I can be slow at times...sorry....and there I went and made a whole hot and bothered post about not being a grunt....as the man with blood spirting into his face once said....'Is my face red!"

hey...pass that Ceegar over here....

Back