Diminished shots feature?

Have you lost PED's in the last 1-2 weeks by diminished shots?

• Total voters
Had a issue on a TP drive last night, fish that seemed to be almost perminately "unreachable" but still attack, related?

Last edited:
I noticed it too. That's why I haven't bothered to log in for about a week now.

Noticed it on steelbirds, but no others yet. It seemed to be when it got right over my head that it started, like there's some kind of blind spot. Moving around seemed to fix it.

Happened to me just now on igni. I found a workaround: turn on sights, press "5" on the numeric keypad, and aim for the flying creature with your sights by pressing down on the scroll wheel.

Noticed it on steelbirds, but no others yet. It seemed to be when it got right over my head that it started, like there's some kind of blind spot. Moving around seemed to fix it.

Noticed the same thing.

Happend to me often i hunting Corns just now with mindforce and this happends to me about unce for every 3-4 Corns i kill.

Like allways poor MA needs more money.:smoke:

I think is only on steelbirds, is for how they move when get a hit.

miss the target every time they swing from one side to another.

I think is only on steelbirds, is for how they move when get a hit.

miss the target every time they swing from one side to another.

No. I had it with argo.

I had it on a few mobs large and small - steel birds aswell.
Combined with miss and failed messages has made for some suckky hunts recently

Same here:
- missing shoots without message
- frozen screen
- really much Steel-Birds stock in trees after you shoot him 50% ore more down = Ammo complete lost , from Decay i dont speak .......i think i am then another one really angry.

- after the 50 first Steel-Birds i go back to the 10000 Daiki-Mission. It`s also really nice, if u want kill them with low-melee-weapons. Many times he have phases , in there she run "miles" after hit him. Notice - pick your Opalo or MF in your Inventory or otherwise you run arround.
(Ok - its nice for a observer - he mean here run a complete idiot under drugs arround)

So there was an update and I'm wondering if the problem still exists or is sneakily "fixed".

Anyone still had this issue? And if so or you have had before did you bother to write a support case and refer to the thread? Coz if noone does support won't act for sure (a bit their natural behavior I start to think).

So there was an update and I'm wondering if the problem still exists or is sneakily "fixed".

Anyone still had this issue? And if so or you have had before did you bother to write a support case and refer to the thread? Coz if noone does support won't act for sure (a bit their natural behavior I start to think).

No, I can still shoot into air with autoaim (move to target). One of these days I'll take a video of ten shots in a row of it and send it to MA.

no - nothing change :/
Case are send. Before nothing change i stand a step away from Missions :mad:

Okay, I've sent a reply to the attempt to clase my case again. Used all names I could recover from the poll, perhaps it helps. This is what I sent:

Hello,

Well I think that certainly is a most easy way to do away with a complaint, isn't it? To me and the rest of the community it's not most important how this would show up in your logs. What is most important however, is how you will take care of this and what you will do to investigate and in the end how you will make up for this as you've received money (lots of ~) you weren't entitled to.

Mind you, I'm not alone in this. As I feel this issue isn't taken seriously I will give here a list of people that have reported the same thing I reported, in my thread. Please do note there's plenty well-respected people on this list, also by you if you realise where your salary comes from (not meant insulting, but we are the reason you people are employed).

Anyways look at these names and consider seriously to have this issue sorted out for all of us:

Avery Howell ASH
Lexus Axel Laonna
ol jedimaster bogdan
TrisBruce Bolivar diGriz
Carmen Dosia Ciuciulix
Clytemnestra Cly Darksteel
Themodius craw Craw
Aadu dRifteR Asi
Edward Ed Moloch
FruSnabel FruSnabel FruSnabel
George Ace Skywalker
Hagbard Mytr Celine
Black Blacky Heartwood
Haxxorzon Krille Haxxorzon
Ivan Mystic Rider Cormack
Jaivako ur4life CyberStar
Callum Mac MacKail
JJ Ony Matrix
TCNL JoseM TACORAL
Jura Raz Tura
Karyn Kary Haussman
Velikii Komby Kombinator
Larkin Snipes Smith
Iam Flatline Legion
toe lonerstoner moss
Mark Rufen Power
Marcus Kaine Kaine
Joe Mr-Joey Force
Nero Pelleman Wolf
Rhagnar Rhag Thormilium
Sheina Lee Silva
Mister Smooth Music
Susan Summergirl Wheizel
Sue SuNi Nighthawk
Teiwaz Storm Ing
Arnold Terminator Swarzzy
Aj the-unknown Henry
Wilhelm Wille Ung
Jerry Wollo Wollongong
Marie T'pol T'pol
April Raven Phoenix
CHRIS CHOPPER CHOPSTER
chris enzo enzo
Mr Droops Rob
Paavo PP Pesusieni
Keyser Keyser Soze
Enigma Jaguar Lee
Tom lockhear Lockhear
Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand
Mariko Ninja Torranaga
Siobhan Siam Ameno
david sidxx new
Wishmaster Spikey Spikey
Perfect asiL Silver
Benjamin Beni Badboy
Dark pelloch Pelf
Cedric Dreicc Hafgolf
ETOPIA BOZZO PARACELTZ
hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
Hope WolfGang Mono
Joker Poker Uber Smoker
Andrew kikaha Pivovarov
Maid MaidMarion Marion
PopFuzz Poppy Fuzzy
Armin Tarjan Arrakis
STRIAX STRIAX SX
Toggle Togglesaurus Toggleoid

So far these have all confirmed the issue in the thread I linked to previously.

Support is here to support no, or has the entire department lost all her privileges needed to aid their customers by the latest decisions of Mindark??

Cheers,
[IRL name removed]

As with most cases about money I expect 0 cooperation, but never fired is always a miss they say here...

Same here, guess they just found a new way to make us loose and blame it on our connection. I'm sick of you bullshit MA/FPC/Support.

In what world is a bank allowed to go "yeah, your money was in your account but it got lost due to some new bugs we introduced in our vu's and due to your connection in withdrawing or paying with it"?!

Fix these bugs AND compensate us for the losses OR close your business down.

This 'feature' was so bad for me on the steelbirds that I quit hunting them and didn't finish the mission due to it.

Happens on other mobs too so.... killing small stuff and overall not hunting a lot.

The kill box of the steelbirds is just out of whack. Just fire a rocket at them and you'll see. You have to aim high or if right above you.... slightly ahead or at the nose of the bird. With a rocket you have to aim WAY high.... as in.... any higher and the hp bar wouldn't light up.

Menace

Someone else told me about this bug, and yesterday I saw that it indeed happened...

Had a nice fight with a mob, and shot several (more then 5 times), with ammo gone, but no miss, failed or dmg message... And no... I didn't have any messages in chat disabled!

Is this the way MA wants to get even more of our money?! Sure, I can quit... but then ofcourse there is that possibility that I miss that ATH that they have reserved especially for me! So PLEASE MA... no more games... Get these bugs out of this game! This is not funny anymore! You take our money away from us without giving us anything in return (except a headache!!!)

Now go fix!

I hope really that she fix it today !!!!
After the last update are Harbinger, Daiki and other Mob also "implement" with Shoot loss!
From all the other new Bug`s in this update i dont talk.

I becomes after my last Case only a 08/15 answer for close the case. Horrible

Well had a few more of these during the weekend, and two times this morning on Ambulimax.
So far seen it on, Atrox, Leviathan, Hoggglo, Feffoid and Ambulimax.

Spiders definitely have this issue as well...

A real ped waste if you're not paying attention.

FIX IT FFS!

Let me update the story on this.

Support cannot verify this in the logs still so will not compensate. We can write a letter to the usual address we also get when we deposit. :S

Let me update the story on this.

Support cannot verify this in the logs still so will not compensate.

Wouldn't expected any other answer from support :silly2:
This "feature" still exists so if Logs cant verify this i suggest an Ma/FPC Avatar needs to do some shooting for verification ;)

happened 12 times to me today on droka hunt. 200 ped ammo cycled. Isis lr48.

This happend to me a lot on all mobs and no its totally different to lag.

Either you dont use ammo or you get it back or the damage comes later with LAG.

Theres seems to be a "blind" spot, generally for me around the center of the mob, once you hit this spot, if the mob stands still and you dont move your mouse then you can quite easily shoot all day and lose all ammo without damaging the mob....

A large improvement i have found is to keep the courser (not crosshair) away from the center of the screen, (being a little ocd i always used to have my cursor dead center over the crosshair before going into shooting mode (space bar))

Moving the cursor away from the crosshair, down towards your hp bar for example has drastically reduced the amount of lost shots for me.

Give it a try....

But yeah to be honest i dont know how MA can get away with bugs like this when they are aware of them :rolleyes:

I don't know about anyone else but this problem reappeared for me after the last update.:mad:

i get this for months i have to be careful all the time , u only need to re-equip weapon sometimes , thing is on flying mobs with scope on my handgun i can't shoot them at all lol wtf

This happend to me a lot on all mobs and no its totally different to lag.

Either you dont use ammo or you get it back or the damage comes later with LAG.

Theres seems to be a "blind" spot, generally for me around the center of the mob, once you hit this spot, if the mob stands still and you dont move your mouse then you can quite easily shoot all day and lose all ammo without damaging the mob....

A large improvement i have found is to keep the courser (not crosshair) away from the center of the screen, (being a little ocd i always used to have my cursor dead center over the crosshair before going into shooting mode (space bar))

Moving the cursor away from the crosshair, down towards your hp bar for example has drastically reduced the amount of lost shots for me.

Give it a try....

But yeah to be honest i dont know how MA can get away with bugs like this when they are aware of them :rolleyes:
MA appears to have a very different philosophy than I (and the MMOs which have subscriber bases of any notable size) have re: how to write a good game. They do seem to understand banking rather well however. They should stick to what they know and let someone else write the games.

Said bug came back for me during the recent update as well. It seems to be an anti-botting feature. It follows the cursor. If the cursor is idle or in a dead zone for too long, Silent Miss Mode triggers on. The fix is to move the cursor as if it were involved in some way in shooting.

In my experience, any notable activity via the keyboard also ends Silent Miss Mode. Do dancing or chatting work for anyone else experiencing this feature?

~Medb

I don't know about anyone else but this problem reappeared for me after the last update.:mad:

What the hell? I always thought I was dreaming. lool
Well glad to see others experience this too.
Is it possible that it is still arround today? I know this thread is 1month old...
but would be nice to get a confirmation if this can still happen right now or not.
ty

Of course its still here, I miss approx 10-20 shots each hunt with no damage dealt, ammo IS consumed and NOT returned, the problem has been here a long time.

Some don't notice it, others don't complain, but you can bet everyone suffers from it at some point...

Last edited:
Back