Question: Disable vehicles in lootable PvP?

Disable vehicles in lootable PvP on Calypso?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status

Kim|MindArk

Former Planet Calypso Official
As most of you probably know the vehicle system has been plagued by many problems, many of which have severely affected the gameplay in the lootable pvp areas on Calypso.

In short, would you like to see vehicles disabled in these areas until the issues are solved by platform development?

Sure, but if you decide to do this, can you change it back so tools can bypass the reload timer again while entering vehicles in non PVP areas? :D

EDIT: No, I don't VTOL hunt. But I do like VTOL mining, which isn't an exploit IMO. Just makes mining faster. And mining tools take much longer to reload than most guns.

Last edited:
Yes, tired of seeing noobs being able to mine/hunt in lootable pvp because there is almost no risk if you know how to use vehicles.

Vehicles in fort events also needs to be fixed, you can still get them on the claim rod area by using the "place" function.

Yes please!

Thanks

To be honest, I don't care much since only lootable PvP I go to is space, but if it makes a majority happy I am all for it :) if I did use lootable PvP on planet I'd vote yes.

Vehicles in fort events also needs to be fixed, you can still get them on the claim rod area by using the "place" function.

You mean in Land Grabs?

Oh, regular fort event rule settings should be changed so instead of setting a max SI you can set both that and to disallow certain types of vehicles (like "No Flying Vehicles"), just an idea :)

Hells YES!

*But please lower radar range back to 200 meters*

I will go with the flow for once.. so :yup: it is!

The PK she say yeeeeees, the miners he says noooooo, the ma mob hunter he says noooooo....what you saaaaay ?

DCF

I voted "Other, please explain" so I explain :D

Wouldn't be cool if there could be different areas with different rules instead of a rule for all pvp zones?

To remove the vehicles could be an opportunity lost for who likes them... so why not pvp3 with vehicles and pvp4 without them.. or something like that?

+rep for initiative

not that easy to solve ruleset with that one i can imagine as lots of cases can take place.

few thoughts:
to prevent vehicles used as shield by walking inside of them persons could collide with them in pvp areas.

this would enable to build a vehicle shield in landgrabs around the claim though.

landgrabs should have vehicles to allow a wider set of strategy i believe in.

so maybe a jetpack tool to jump in pvp areas could be implemented to jump over wracks?

or a damaged vehicle gets recalled into inventory when damaged and has to be repaired by assigning to the repair tool in inventory like a amp to a gun.

vtol hunting controversy - since its declared as exploit mobs could attack vehicles when a person is inside. a person inside a vehicle which gets wracked must be spawned infront the wrack then to not cause "unreachable of a mob" cause the wrack is between the hunter and the mob :D while vehicle gets attacked it cant fly cause the mob keeps it on ground.

vtol mining - same as for hunting since it maybe is not originally intended that persons flymine through spawns of mobs.

As most of you probably know the vehicle system has been plagued by many problems, many of which have severely affected the gameplay in the lootable pvp areas on Calypso.

In short, would you like to see vehicles disabled in these areas until the issues are solved by platform development?

i voted no for a few simple reasons, MA introduced vehicles while the system was "plagued by many problems" to use your words, vehicles have been around for quite a while and nothing has been fixed as of yet, and most of us are now used to using vehicles and you now want to suggest as a solution that we all just walk around again or TP in pvp? You could use your influence, as MA's main source of income, to pressure them into providing adequate resources to fix this problem A.S.A.P.
If this "quick fix" is applied where is the need for MA to prioritise fixing these problems?
Pas experiences show me that when there is no pressing need for MA to fix or reimplement something they dont really seem to make much of a effort or have that good a record, dare i say the word taming?
how long will we not be allowed to use vehicles in pvp for is the question i would like a answer to first :)

and while we are on the topic of pvp, where is the looted ammo gone, why was it removed, when will it be back??

Fallen.

and while we are on the topic of pvp, where is the looted ammo gone, why was it removed, when will it be back??

This too.. I'm sure MA owes thousands of PED in ammo from people losing toxic shots but no PED returned from them.

btw

if you disable vehicles in pvp until a solution is found. does it include vtols and quadwings in space?

I voted disable lootable PVP on Calypso until vehicles are fixed. :p

btw

if you disable vehicles in pvp until a solution is found. does it include vtols and quadwings in space?

MA has authority in space.

Kim Calypso has authority for Calypso only.

And I voted Yes.

One of the consequences I can think about is that it will make other miners go to other planet to mine for himi and pyrite and its like Calypso staffs pking their own feets.

btw

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal:

Why use a work around? Crone would expect MA to solve the problem instead.

i voted no, isnt it easier to just turn off recall vehicle thing in pvp? but still have they auto return after so much time period

That should keep miners and pk'ers happy

i voted no, isnt it easier to just turn off recall vehicle thing in pvp? but still have they auto return after so much time period

That should keep miners and pk'ers happy
I believe the reason the change was made so that you can't enter vehicles until tools have reloaded was specifically because of people using vehicles to fire their Tangos in PVP4 much faster than they are "supposed" to be able to fire them. Disabling recall would not fix that issue.

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal:

yes i read that just making sure reading about vu updates in the past :)

downloading content... and now summon into a MS to get into the station to enter a privateer.

I believe the reason the change was made so that you can't enter vehicles until tools have reloaded was specifically because of people using vehicles to fire their Tangos in PVP4 much faster than they are "supposed" to be able to fire them. Disabling recall would not fix that issue.

the tango reload thing has been fixed

what the biggest deal is miners loading ores/enmaters into vehicles then recalling them to planet storage if threatened. So pk'er pissed they getting no bounty :)

the tango reload thing has been fixed

what the biggest deal is miners loading ores/enmaters into vehicles then recalling them to planet storage if threatened. So pk'er pissed they getting no bounty :)

That and people entering a sleipnir/quad/gungnir, flying 200m into the air, and jumping out to go splat on the ground, making them impossible to kill as they fall too fast to shoot.

That and people entering a sleipnir/quad/gungnir, flying 200m into the air, and jumping out to go splat on the ground, making them impossible to kill as they fall too fast to shoot.

im sure thats a simple fix also, the system is already in place for that, you cant exit a vehicle in flight in space, they just need to implement it on caly also

im sure thats a simple fix also, the system is already in place for that, you cant exit a vehicle in flight in space, they just need to implement it on caly also
Yeah that's going a bit far...I wouldn't want to see that everywhere on Calypso.

Yeah that's going a bit far...I wouldn't want to see that everywhere on Calypso.

well why would you want to jump put a vehicle in flight?

you wouldnt do it IRL :D

kinda funny this is happening since I thought the original purpose for vehicles was pvp?!?... lol.

well why would you want to jump put a vehicle in flight?

you wouldnt do it IRL :D
Actually I do it in random spots so I don't have to wait the 60 seconds after hitting T. :D

I might even come back to caly if you do that lol

Status
Back