Discuss claims that this game is a scam.

Will they never learn?

:(

They have learned that it is a successfull and complete legit way of doing business. They won't tell "the truth, the whole thruth and nothing but the thruth" in their adrvertising campaigns. Which commercial company does?!

Will they never learn?

But also this! =
The journey to the Oil Rig is not an easy one. For the first time traveler, it is probably best to use a teleporter and head for Jason Centre and then continue until the ground takes on an alien blue hue. Any raider's biggest concern quickly becomes the Wastelanders (picture) and other bandits in the area. They will do whatever they can to stop anyone from taking "their"oil and money.

Also note that everyone can easily calculate that 9000/365 are only about 24$ each day, which translates to a dollar per hour.

This announcement sounds nice and such and has catchy lines, but its really one of the most honest ones I read by MA/FPC.
I think its a pretty good press release.

If your read the press release without thinking, it sounds like a great and easy way to get some free money...

...of course if you read it with your brain turned on you can easily see that the wording was cleverly chosen and is completely truthful. It is marketing speak and actually well written, you just have to understand what is written.

Pirx brings up a good example.

But also this! =

Also note that everyone can easily calculate that 9000/365 are only about 24$ each day, which translates to a dollar per hour.

This announcement sounds nice and such and has catchy lines, but its really one of the most honest ones I read by MA/FPC.
I think its a pretty good press release.

$9000 sounds like a nice amount until to calculate how it will be divided among the days of the year and avatars trying to get some of it.

This is the kind of marketing we see all the time for many different products and services. Those that do not read them properly will be dissapointed when the product or service does not meet up with their "understanding" of the marketing.

Cheers :beerchug:

If your read the press release without thinking, it sounds like a great and easy way to get some free money...

Exactly!

So many people do a lot of things in EU without thinking.

I just know a lot of people will see $9,000.00 and free and the rest will be ignored.

:)

Exactly!

So many people do a lot of things in EU without thinking.

I just know a lot of people will see $9,000.00 and free and the rest will be ignored.

:)

Exactly, just in fewer words. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

Really, who cares. 3 articles written by who knows who. At the end of the day, I could leave EU and get back close to what I've deposited after selling my skills and and in game assets. Couldn't do that with a game with a monthly subscription. And the friends I'v made and the entertainment i've gotten - priceless.

Really, who cares. 3 articles written by who knows who. At the end of the day, I could leave EU and get back close to what I've deposited after selling my skills and and in game assets. Couldn't do that with a game with a monthly subscription. And the friends I'v made and the entertainment i've gotten - priceless.

Everything in life you have your supporters and haters. Yesterday, as I was seated next to ND as he did his pitch to some potential investors for an affiliate of MA in the process of developing planets for EU, I found myself in complete agreement with him even though I've read many of the negative threads on this forum. He wonderfully compared EU to WoW and HL, the two leaders of MMORPG at the moment, and showed why he feels that EU will be amongst the leaders some day

For WoW, he explained that many of the individuals have invested so much time and effort in that game that they are trapped. First off, there isn't enough time in the day for those players deeply involved with WoW to branch off to another game. Secondly, while secondary black market exists for their time and effort, there is no REAL return on their investment in WoW except basic entertainment for the monthly fee. Additionally, when they are finally done with the game, most likely they'll be so fed up with MMORPG that they will never pick up another one.

For HL, he explained that creations can be done with photoshop. If you want to make a coat with fabulous patterns, once it is photoshopped you can upload in game and sell a million if you want, since it doesn't require actual fabrication. Therefore, items are not valuable in HL. If you want to make something, with a wave of a magic wand, it is done.

He artfully explained that in EU, everything takes time, effort, and money. Every product crafted requires multiple people putting in multiple hours of their time to create something that may or may not be highly valuable, but it requires time and effort and real money. He even logged on for a brief moment to explain the basics of the game to the investors and basically, left us that have not ever played the game greatly impressed

Bottom line is this: There is a reason many big companies are lined up to partner with MA on this EU venture. If MA was running a scam, this game would not have been in existence for so long. Additionally, it appears that FPC has been relatively on target on their promises ever since the CE2 "soon to be released" debacle. We have yet to see anything solid on the market from MA's affiliates, but rest assured. 2010 will be a big year for EU. Most likely starting with Planet Cyrene from CK, and hopefully a major announcement from another MA partner that I'm associated with regarding blockbuster titles coming in 2010!

Back