Discussion about entropia

There is no discussion, you need 2 people to both talk ideas back and forth for that.
Is just some guy offering his take based on limited information with different experience.
Not good, not bad just exposure in a negative light.Is whatever.
i fking hate that guy he rolls his eyes every 5sec ....

I don't get the hate, both of them make very good points even if they obviously lack hands-on experience with EU in particular.

This game is not fun, true.
It's all about the money, true.
Game mechanics are dated and boring, true.
It's all a big grind fest, true.
MA is constantly trying to sell the next big thing, true. (compet, crypto, deeds, deeds, more deeds, shares, more shares, ..).
And like them, I also cannot believe sweat gathering is still a thing. It's beyond self inflicted slavery at this point.

etc.... watch the video if you havent, before joining the hate train.

There's things to love about EU, but most people don't get past the big wall of mediocrity the video describes.

We should be mature enough to take some criticism, and MA should try to improve on so many things but they simply don't care because making a good/fun game is NOT their business model.

Hate me now if you want, I think 15 years is enough time to have formed my own opinion.

Last edited:
It isn't the 25 minute Youtube review you need to be concerned about, its the comments below you need to read.... :computer:

Last edited:
This video is beyond idiotic , its one guy who clearly doesn't understand what he is reviewing. Then another guy critiques from a 3rd person perspective.

I have waited, I have watched who has read this thread and all of their 'mostly' non-reactions. Even some who were featured in it.

I dont smell 'markup.'

I smell fear.

Your eyes may deceive you. Your nose never will.

You should have taken the money *****.

I can understand some of their points but it seems like a very shallow look at EU. I had a friend who sold WoW accounts back in the day and he made some extra cash but he invested a lot of time in the process a lot more time than I spent in PE making more value in my account. MMOs have always been time sinks and what is entertaining for one person may not be entertaining for another. I've spent a lot of time playing other games and while I enjoyed that time, PE/EU was the only one that paid for a new desktop(+upgrades) and some landscaping on my house over the years. EU has always been entertaining to me (albeit a bit frustrating at times). The grind is only one aspect of the game there are other ways to make PED but they aren't always obvious. On the plus side these guys decided to make videos about EU and its a 20 year old game that is still chugging along. I would hazard a guess that even if the Unreal conversion added in a bunch of new core mechanics there would still be people crabbing about it.

both of the guys in video didnt know the specifics about entropia, yet they somehow described the issues of games like entropia spot on, this game is alive for 20 years now, there hasent been any real invoation in gameplay.. the big diffrence that comes to mind from the early years of the game and now is vehicles, and buffs, and fine il throw instances aswell

they talk about how you could make 50 cents an hour in EU, they dont even know that most of the people here are far away from profiting anything :D
the comment about sweat farmers.. it is ironic, how fitting and silly the name is

and ofc at the end the comment about you beeing insignificant if you play the game "for free", how long would it take a player playing the game to accualy earn something in it, without depositing money from the outside to start at least with some chance of sucess

in conclusion, the video is a warning of the games fate, and thats not even adressing the issue of bots, and those that blame the video for not knowing more about entropia, well whos fault is that really

Bro that was the most advertising Entropia got in awhile.

One true thing is those games really sell that "You can earn money" and thats the biggest issue i see with new players because we really want them to keep playing and 99,99% of them fail and we see all those comments on reddit/youtube/other forums saying this game is actually a scam. With 0 experience they do stupid stuff from selling in auction without noticing the fee, using unmaxed weapons, crafting without understanding you need the proper level for a bp (i say crafting can do the most damage to small unexperienced players).

Last edited:

Henrik. Check Your Privilege. 👍

MindArk current valuation (likely dropping):
$9,973,756.04 USD

Calypso sold in 2011(?):
$6,000,000.00 USD

12 years later (60% of lifespan), more planets, development and other ventures, valuation has increased by 60%

The video was a fair critique and I believe MindArk already knows these things, hence finally listening to my suggestion and moving to Unreal Engine (Thank you again!).

They very much need to address the population of the universe. It's the one area which cripples Entropia and I fully believe they need to move from 90% player retention and 10% player acquisition and reverse those numbers. If that means moving from the afk-grind to an active gameplay model, so be it. We need some WoW/CoD/Fornite/LoL/PlanetSide 'feel' in The Entropia Universe to entice the younger generations with their low attention spans.

Another issue is the 20 year gap in skills and gear that exists. PVP is a massive draw for the new generations and sadly a casual new player has absolutely no way to participate in PVP unless they, as said in the video, drop 10s of 1000s of $ to TRY to compete. I must admit though, MindArk is addressing this with all the skill boost/codex/etc being added, so maybe they see this too.

If we want the universe to grow, there needs to be cross-platform play (mobile, console, PC), more active gameplay and the ''ubers" need to take a backseat for a while in terms of development. Adding more and more top end gear and content only serves a very small portion of the population, however, they are the biggest economic contributors. This needs to change so that there are smaller contributors but A LOT MORE of them.

Last edited:
index.php

I think it is pretty weird I never saw this picture on the forum. Well, until now. When I just did it.

Everyone's happy right? :)

The biggest problem with EU is the bar never stopped moving, and likely never will. When I started, you could get the best guns at the time (mod merc/imk2), and a (mod/imp) fap for under 1k USD. The cost of the highest-level guns is now the cost of a down payment on a fairly nice home. As well to compete at even what is now a "medium" level you're looking at cycling in the hundreds of USD per hour. It was fun when I started, it's now a job... look at the 20-hour-per-day cyclers, it's shameful what these products can do to our monkey brains.

The notion of 'investment' in EU is a lie sold to you by whatever title you'd like to call them ... I thought crypto bro was funny. This is one of the most volatile markets I've ever seen. You have to be Nostradamus to make an informed decision unless you're playing with insider knowledge...*wink*. Sure, there are ways to scrape out a few dollars but all of them are surpassed by any meaningful real-life activity unless you live in a country where income is impossible, or you're one of the lucky 1%.

Why do you think there are specific individuals here, no matter how blatantly obvious a fact is, who will still ignore or defend MA or simply deflect and try to make you feel small? How can you invest in a place where MA can flip a switch and turn on SIB guns, or anything similar in the future, and make your last 10 years of investments basically zero? How can you invest in a place where they make massive mistakes and print money for specific avatars? (if that happened in real life in a bank or lottery, they take it back, not sure about your country but that is the sane thing to do). I also know a very juicy secret about an exploit that MA swept under the rug 10 years ago (they fixed it, they just never told you), that is still causing the market to fail in one area.

The fact is, EU is rotten to the core, and what we actually need is new management. We need management who is transparent, who communicates, and who are actual game developers. It's fine to have "high roller" areas, I would never tell an individual person how they can enjoy the life they live. In fact, we need to all stop bickering like we do irl against each other, come together, and take back the game we all loved to play. Even if you love the current state, you need to fight with everyone who cares because you will be left all alone in the sandbox one day wondering why no one wants to play with you and your 100k USD gun.

(Yes, this is littered with hyperbole - don't confuse my passion for anger, however. I still love this game, and I love all of the players, just not whatever disfigured creature MA has become)

Last edited:
The fact is, EU is rotten to the core, and what we actually need is new management. We need management who is transparent, who communicates, and who are actual game developers. It's fine to have "high roller" areas, I would never tell an individual person how they can enjoy the life they live. In fact, we need to all stop bickering like we do irl against each other, come together, and take back the game we all loved to play. Even if you love the current state, you need to fight with everyone who cares because you will be left all alone in the sandbox one day wondering why no one wants to play with you and your 100k USD gun.
Whatever happen to our player representative President of Virtual Reality?

In my opinion, that was supposed to be a position for the players, a union if you will...

Maybe it's time for a new vote and system in place to force some transparency and accountability from our overlords.

Whatever happen to our player representative President of Virtual Reality?

In my opinion, that was supposed to be a position for the players, a union if you will...

Maybe it's time for a new vote and system in place to force some transparency and accountability from our overlords.

Look around you, what you see is what is left of the Entropia playerbase.

No real need to implement new stuff if you can crank out the same old Mayhem four times a year and the Pavlov's dogs will lap it up. 🐶

Look around you, what you see is what is left of the Entropia playerbase.

No real need to implement new stuff if you can crank out the same old Mayhem four times a year and the Pavlov's dogs will lap it up. 🐶
I will choose to not take this in an insulting manner , as I am sure it was given in jest , but damn bro we are all people here and this is just relaxation and fun.

I will choose to not take this in an insulting manner , as I am sure it was given in jest , but damn bro we are all people here and this is just relaxation and fun.
It's not though and really hasn't been for years. It's a business and if you're not treating it as such you're literally giving away your time and money to those who are.

So youtubers comment games they never played :)
I am just glad they included me in the video with that nice guitar axe :)

What's real disturbing is knowing how big of an audiency Asmon has, and the views/opinions that was shared about this game....

Just listen what they say about sweaters... Or what's being said about the sale of Calypso

An outsider view / understanding of this game is far from reality and it is possibly damaging Entropia as a game.

All those viewing that video, that dont know Entropia from before, are probably never gonna touch Entropia because of the opinions in the video...

It's not though and really hasn't been for years. It's a business and if you're not treating it as such you're literally giving away your time and money to those who are.
You are correct that I am literally giving away my time , since this is a game and not a career for me.
If some choose to make Entropia into a revenue stream to pay their bills , more power to them , but this for me is a game.

Oh! So that's what happened!

Was wondering why we are seeing an influx of new players right now... sales have been on the up and up lately, but didn't know what happened exaclty.

Well thanks Asmongold!! ;)

For those who comment 'he interviewed a guy who doesn't understand Entropia'...

David | Mindark was interviewed in 2021 remember.

No one understands Entropia better than him, he was recovering from an unfortunate 🚲 accident however.

Back