News: Disturbance notice regarding Inventory and Storage, Resolved

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The bug which was causing issues with Inventory management and Storage making items revert position after organizing has been fixed and players should not be encountering this issue further.

Should you encounter any residual problems we kindly ask that you file a support case with as much information as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Originally Posted Here

Awesome, now please can you activate the new Armor plate upgrade mission on Cyrene?

sweet!!

can we get a new storage solution altogether. now that you notice. it really doesn't work very well.

thanks for the quick fix, btw.

Fingers crossed that not opening my storage yesterday prevented it from beeing messed up.

Yes, thanks to all who opened the storage yesterday and posted the result here in the forum!

I did not open my planetside storage yesterday and when I logged in today, after MA fixed it, I opened it and it was'nt messed up at all!

So tanks to all the persons who posted here and made the community aware of this extremly bad bug.

Once again proof that the forum is the best way to inform the community about bugs or exploits as when you post a support case no one would have known it and everyone would have messed up it's storage as MA did not bother to inform us via client loader or Message after you logged in.

Same with exploits, post to support and it will not be corrected(Yog exploit), post here in forum and everyone knows it and MA cant ignore it anymore.

As sad as it is it seams the only way to force MA to correct exploits or bugs is to let everyone know how to not fall victim to it(bugs) or how to use it(exploits).

Last edited:
Yup I waited until that VU upload STFH storm passed and logged in once PCF made the all clear signal and viola - all my stuff was still organized!! Sure does pay to follow the news on PCF.

Yup I waited until that VU upload STFH storm passed and logged in once PCF made the all clear signal and viola - all my stuff was still organized!! Sure does pay to follow the news on PCF.
I hope this means all my other planet inventories will not be effected.

I hope this means all my other planet inventories will not be effected.

As long as you didn't move anything, all items in all storage areas will be exactly where they were before the VU.

If you moved something in a tab in your current inventory just after the VU, items might not be able to go to their original position prior to the VU so they may be moved in THAT TAB ONLY.

will never understand how bugs like that can get through testing...Had my inventory rearranged roughly every 30 mins....
Not to mention that there are people in which this untidyness can produce real stress.

My best guess is that the latest VU already contains code for the new UI and I think I read that the items in containers and such weren't messed up. Now, the inventory and storage are organised as a grid in contrast to the containers, which seem to store the locations of the items as coordinates. If you forget to check that a position is not a coordinate but a location in a grid, things start to get messy when everything is supposed to be stored at a "huge" grid position. Rendering them would put them way outside of the grid => position is invalid and auto-location is triggered => "mess".

In fact, we can be lucky that the items did appear at all...

will never understand how bugs like that can get through testing...Had my inventory rearranged roughly every 30 mins....
Not to mention that there are people in which this untidyness can produce real stress.

Yep.

Back