fix divine proteron spawn

• fix it

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • fix it

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • fix it

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
there where some more just before i arrived :D and i bet next week there will be 10 more new faces waiting for the kill :/

There is nothing to be "fixed". It is pretty obvious that this spawn is set up this way to control chip quantity.

The lack of consistent spawn is obviously done on purpose to keep divine chip supply slow.

This is why it is a RARE item.

It will never be "fixed" because there is nothing to fix. It is operating as intended and should absolutely stay the way it is.

This thread sounds very much like complaining because you cannot earn a divine chip with an opalo and pixie.

There is nothing to be "fixed". It is pretty obvious that this spawn is set up this way to control chip quantity.

The lack of consistent spawn is obviously done on purpose to keep divine chip supply slow.

This is why it is a RARE item.

It will never be "fixed" because there is nothing to fix. It is operating as intended and should absolutely stay the way it is.

This thread sounds very much like complaining because you cannot earn a divine chip with an opalo and pixie.
glad i safed my opalo and pixie for this

Considering other numerous problems and bugs I would be careful with "it is obvious" statements, specially that it wasn't communicated this way from what I've searched.

That sounds very much like your private opinion. I've seen many posts which mentioned different respawn timers, so I would assume it should respawn every X time. And even if it doesn't and the limit is 1 per week, then having this only on server reset (so fixed time, obviously because of very bad coding) when many people have other responsibilities is not the best way.

Sure, and free pizza too please.

Considering other numerous problems and bugs I would be careful with "it is obvious" statements, specially that it wasn't communicated this way from what I've searched.

That sounds very much like your private opinion. I've seen many posts which mentioned different respawn timers, so I would assume it should respawn every X time. And even if it doesn't and the limit is 1 per week, then having this only on server reset (so fixed time, obviously because of very bad coding) when many people have other responsibilities is not the best way.

Sure, and free pizza too please.

This is all common sense and logic.

There is a reason the Divine chip is specifically labeled "Rare" in the item info.

Again, no supposition here, this is completely obvious based on information in the item description.

There is no need for MA to "communicate" this.

This is all common sense and logic.

There is a reason the Divine chip is specifically labeled "Rare" in the item info.

Again, no supposition here, this is completely obvious based on information in the item description.

There is no need for MA to "communicate" this.
Let's not forget the sheer cost to unlock the mission to even try acquire the Divine Chip. (I recently did it myself, and the cost of getting to the mission was in the region of 6700 Peds). That coould explain why it's "Rare", it's also a pain in the ass to fly around numerous different planets, searching for monsters that spawn once every X hours, that could mean it's "rare" since only a handful of players are passionate or stupid enough to do such a thing.

Now drifting back to above for a moment, you know why I did the mission myself? So I can get the divine chip. However it appears that was a total waste of an extra 200$ because the divine proteron is BUGGED.

So as the OP says, please Mind Ark. Fix the damn spawns.

Has anyone seen the Proteron since the update?

Would be interesting to know, I tried on a few occasions, but didn't find it so far.

I caught it on server restart today. I'm not seeing the Kalmadon anywhere on Arkadia though since I landed.

I wasn't the only one there and it looked as if it was being lured away from the spawn location. I assume to hold it hostage for a fee.

it looked as if it was being lured away from the spawn location.
How does it look like when it's looking like as if it was being lured away? Is there a trail on the ground? Smoke? Broken trees?

How does it look like when it's looking like as if it was being lured away? Is there a trail on the ground? Smoke? Broken trees?
I saw three guys dragging a huge black bag and tossing it in the back of the truck, tires smoking, tire tracks and the smell of cigars and semen in the air!?

I saw three guys dragging a huge black bag and tossing it in the back of the truck, tires smoking, tire tracks and the smell of cigars and semen in the air!?
NOW THAT is solid proof!

It's true! I was there too !

Shooting it once, running further away, shooting it once again... Repeat. It is a slow ass Proteron afterall...

Not until I started blasting it did they try and actually kill it.

I thought you knew how the game mechanics worked? Dragging mobs isn't difficult. It happens frequently with Barthoon from the Feffoid pit to Fort Fury (although they use vehicles in that scenario).

fix the divine proteron spawn

atm it spawns only once a week

I been wanting to kill the Divine Prot for 6 months now. Does MA not realize how much less money they get by wasting players time waiting and waiting to spend PED? Every planet the spawn is instant or almost instant. Except Calypso which just makes me leave the planet and go to other planets. Just have the Divine Prot spawn every 5 mins. Not sure what the hold up is.

Thanks

I'm prepared for that. next week I'm trying mud geyser farming with double legion (scarab and kirac mod only), with 8mod maps, with only compass being 'possessed monster drop gilded scarabs', and total investment under 25c / map.

I'm doing map in under 2 minutes, get like 2 div profit / h from gilded scarabs alone, all the benefit of legion, and probably around 2 currency-touched mobs per hour.
netgear login

streaming app

Last edited:
a week or 2 ago i logged in immediately after server restart and the proteron wasn't even there. so either it moved or doesnt even spawn now...

I'm prepared for that. next week I'm trying mud geyser farming with double legion (scarab and kirac mod only), with 8mod maps, with only compass being 'possessed monster drop gilded scarabs', and total investment under 25c / map.

I'm doing map in under 2 minutes, get like 2 div profit / h from gilded scarabs alone, all the benefit of legion, and probably around 2 currency-touched mobs per hour.

You may have ended up in the wrong forum. This is not about Path of Exile.

I wonder if it is artificial control for chip creation. But being on a set time to respawn and all is lame. I agree, make it dynamic at least.

Took my soc mate only 2 years to finally kill divine prot and only thanks to a player who dragged it away and PM my friend with location.

a week or 2 ago i logged in immediately after server restart and the proteron wasn't even there. so either it moved or doesnt even spawn now...
There is a guy from Sweden I can't name that has a habit of hiding the proteron and asking 200-250 peds for pos.

There is a guy from Sweden I can't name that has a habit of hiding the proteron and asking 200-250 peds for pos.
That's sounds like a nice account banning offence. Extortion is against ToS. What's their name, I want it.

I wonder if it is artificial control for chip creation. But being on a set time to respawn and all is lame. I agree, make it dynamic at least.
Of course it is, that's all it ever is. This is a 2 second fix. If they haven't done it by now they have no intention to because it's meant to be yet another bottle neck to control availability of certain items. We really don't have as much chance to loot things that we like to think we do. Even item generating missions have a hidden hard limit set where after a certain number of avatars complete it will no longer be completable or a required loot will reduce to only dropping at a rate for 1 person a year to be able to complete the mission. They pull this shit ALL the time.

I guarantee you if they fix the spawn rate something else would become the bottle neck.

Tip; go hunt for it when the "unexpected" server resets happen. Like we have with almost every mayhem or big event.

Back in Times when i did it there where like 10 other people Camping it , i was lucky that i reloged in range of it

Bashed everything i had on it
After i killed it another 5 people loged in

That's sounds like a nice account banning offence. Extortion is against ToS.

Lets also add that hiding mobs is also against the ToS. MA has specifically stated you can't relocate mobs for personal gain and is a direct violation of the ToS.

So by MA not fixing the spawn of this mob people are exploiting and breaking ToS. This isn't complicated put the Divine Prot on a 15 min timer. I can kill Divine mobs on other planets multiple times an hour. Caly is the only planet that is broken. It's bad design that is now causing exploiting.

Lets also add that hiding mobs is also against the ToS. MA has specifically stated you can't relocate mobs for personal gain and is a direct violation of the ToS.

So by MA not fixing the spawn of this mob people are exploiting and breaking ToS. This isn't complicated put the Divine Prot on a 15 min timer. I can kill Divine mobs on other planets multiple times an hour. Caly is the only planet that is broken. It's bad design that is now causing exploiting.
Even better, why not have paid spawn similar to the street king spawner on Rocktropia where you pay a very small amount of a common looted item to spawn one in a fenced in area on demand? MA can actually make a little extra peds this way, everyone can easily generate the mob to kill at their leisure.

Or they could have a wave event which eventually spawns one.... I mean there's a ton of mechanics to make this a much better experience already in the game but this isn't generally the way MA works for whatever reason. It's always band-aid solutions in spaghetti string code, make a tweak and break something else which gets fixed 3 updates later only to break something else. It's never about player experience it's all about maximizing their bottom line.

Fixing this means more divine chips, more divine chips means more availability, more availability means lower markup as more people choose to earn their own rather than just buy on auction, lower markup and less auction sales means less auction fees and profits in MA's pockets. Not to mention how the use of the divine chip affects earnings off payers (lol I meant to type "players" here but it fits). All these subtle tweaks leads to major impacts on monthly profits when looking at very large numbers which is why this type of stuff is kept under very VERY strict lockdown. Of course the illusion they maintain is that it's a free, open opportunity world and all these happy accidents aren't by design but don't kid yourself - loot is NOT random. Nothing drops until they get PAID for it to drop.

Back