Dmatrix was hacked

Are you able to change password through Virtual Tycoon? If so may have gotten in through there then changed password then logged into game and did the trade.

Are you able to change password through Virtual Tycoon? If so may have gotten in through there then changed password then logged into game and did the trade.

No you cant change password in Virtual Tycoon. Only on website (you can do it with your mobile if you want, but not through Virtual Tycoon)

So we can assume the username and password were obtained either by phishing or direct via trojans / mitm .

Nothing new here then.

FYI - I ran MBAM and Windows Defender - entire laptop came up clean

I don't use same login and PW on any site, game, email, etc...

My laptop only used for one thing - gaming. Only sites I go to are yahoo mail, pcf, entropedia, Entropia life

Only site i don't use on that list is yahoo, i'll spend couple hours combing system with av software just to make sure.
I'll post again if i find anything.

If your yahoo mail is linked with EU account maybe email been hacked? Don't answer in thread ofc as is info that could be used, just maybe change paswords on email to be sure man.

When you logged in did you have to reset password again to gain entry to account? If not then can't be yahoo. I would advise everyone without a gold card to change EU account password just in case is some kind of data loss @ MA, and before anyone says can't happen .... Sony.

Last edited:
Yahoo mail is one of the hardest hit with hacking attempts.

FYI - I ran MBAM and Windows Defender - entire laptop came up clean

I don't use same login and PW on any site, game, email, etc...

My laptop only used for one thing - gaming. Only sites I go to are yahoo mail, pcf, entropedia, Entropia life

Never logged in to your EU account on the website to check account, support or inventory from a different computer/phone?

I am really sorry this happened to you mate.. I hope it can still get sorted out somehow..

But, it's extremely scary to see how many people have no GC.. Like do you remember the bug where people with Gold Card could not login at all? One uber kept streaming his hunts (as you had to disconnect first in order to not being able to login back).. You would be fucking surprised how many high skilled avatars were logging in and out, meaning no gold cards.. I was shocked..

I saw this too and had the same shock.

So to the OP, did your soc mates or soc leadership (you are in a top 17 most skilled soc after all) know you were playing unprotected and possibly were risking items you loaned from others?

/Slupor

Never logged in to your EU account on the website to check account, support or inventory from a different computer/phone?

Do you hiding in the dark place while typing passwords?

Just in case, all can be connected:

OT9E0Ac.png

P.S.: for those who didn't understand - CLICK HERE TO UNCOVER THE TRUTH

Last edited:
Fred says he didn't have to request new passord after hack, so has to be keylogger, data theft directly from MA, or psychic Hackers to best of my knowledge.

For those without gc's i would suggest immediate change of passwords just in case, free and quick to do.

Last edited:
Fred says he didn't have to request new passord after hack, so has to be keylogger, data theft directly from MA, or psychic Hackers to best of my knowledge.

For those without gc's i would suggest immediate change of passwords in case has been data breach.

Also it could be INSIDE JOB, so even no GC will save our asses - somebody sweating now like me?

Actually now that its been mentioned, it is very probable that the new gold spammers bought a giant list of compromised email or forum usernames/passwords and have been going through them seeing which ones work.

Can dmatrix/fred/others confirm if they used the same combo of username/password for any other site or email as they did (ya'll did change them after this right :laugh:) for entropia?

Hmm ok then there goes that idea.

I sent this in a PM to dmatrix, but I probably should post it here too.

Try running an antivirus boot disc, I recommend either or both of these:

http://www.avira.com/en/download/product/avira-rescue-system

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/viruses/rescuedisk/

Burn those each to their own cd, then tell your computer to boot from it. It will run in a Linux OS outside of windows and can usally catch the more nasty things.

If that still catches nothing, then run through this guide:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

and make sure to put the logs to their forum like they ask and let them know that you had an account get compromised and need help double checking that nothing is fishy.

Lets take facts, and please correct me if I am wrong!

* Of course this was made on a PC!
*We don't know the origin of "security fail" - what i mean is an Hacker most of the times uses PC to hack others devices, even if security fail is on Virtual Tycoon app the hacker would be using a PC to explore that security fail! So try to test safety of login in app is not really smart!
*Not for sure, but we believe the the Hacker is somehow chinese or at least know the language!
*It was made by a group of hackers because if it was just one why use chat?

Is anyone updating MA with this informations?

Hope this will be stopped as fast as possible!

Last edited:
Does MA have any players from China or can anyone in China play this game ?

If not ban the whole bloody domain / IP range , thats what I did a long time ago on my own website as I got fed up with chinese based IP addresses causing me admin work.

Does MA have any players from China or can anyone in China play this game ?

If not ban the whole bloody domain / IP range , thats what I did a long time ago on my own website as I got fed up with chinese based IP addresses causing me admin work.

There are lots of players based in China (not all of them are Chinese, I know of at least two expats living there and playing EU).

I've been administering a couple of websites, too, and while there are of course issues coming from China-based IP addresses, relative to the population they're actually waaay more peaceful than certain other countries (I do not wish to discuss specifics to avoid this getting further off-topic).

There are lots of players based in China (not all of them are Chinese, I know of at least two expats living there and playing EU).

I've been administering a couple of websites, too, and while there are of course issues coming from China-based IP addresses, relative to the population they're actually waaay more peaceful than certain other countries (I do not wish to discuss specifics to avoid this getting further off-topic).

ahh ok then , sorry im flying off the handle a little here with todays events.

Hey guys, thank you to those of you with kind words and those who are trying to help. By the way almost 48hrs since the incident and no response from suppor(typical i suppose).

Here are a few facts that need to be cleared up:

* I have never used a virtual tycoon app/nor have i ever downloaded it.

* I have never clicked on a link to a website that sells cheap ped, i guess they advertise that on rookie channel? I never have rookie chat open so i have not see that.

* I have used a website to make a couple ped when i first started, but this was over a year ago. Where you watched a videos or whatever, i think its a webiste many people have used, i cant even remember the name though. My password was different on that site than my log in in game.

* I have never had another person play my account or ever shared my password.

* I do have a a yahoo email that is attached to my EU account but the password is not the same, however it is an old email and i do get alot of junk mail in it, some said these are often attempted to hack?

* ONE MORE IMPORTANT ONE, something i just remembered when i presumably was being hacked. When i was getting many DCs all of a sudden. I play in windowed mode, and after 2 of my DCs i noticed something odd, the size of my window i usually play in was changed after i relogged or crashed(cant remember) twice. This has never happened before and seemed very unusual. As in the actual window resolution was changed.

Please keep up with the good ideas guys, now waiting for MA to maybe do something about it, EVEN A GENERIC EMAIL SAYING THEY RECEIVED MY TICKED WOULD BE NICE!!!!

This is what was typed from my account to another person though a PM, since the name was removed from my original post. NO NEED to remove what was said though:

Shì wǒ (是我) - Its me

Rén ne (人呢) - Where's the person? But can also mean where are you?

I will add this into to the original post for those who may miss this post.

Last edited:
Hey guys, thank you to those of you with kind words and those who are trying to help. By the way almost 48hrs since the incident and no response from suppor(typical i suppose).

Here are a few facts that need to be cleared up:

* I have never used a virtual tycoon app/nor have i ever downloaded it.

* I have never clicked on a link to a website that sells cheap ped, i guess they advertise that on rookie channel? I never have rookie chat open so i have not see that.

* I have used a website to make a couple ped when i first started, but this was over a year ago. Where you watched a videos or whatever, i think its a webiste many people have used, i cant even remember the name though. My password was different on that site than my log in in game.

* I have never had another person play my account or ever shared my password.

* I do have a a yahoo email that is attached to my EU account but the password is not the same, however it is an old email and i do get alot of junk mail in it, some said these are often attempted to hack?

* ONE MORE IMPORTANT ONE, something i just remembered when i presumably was being hacked. When i was getting many DCs all of a sudden. I play in windowed mode, and after 2 of my DCs i noticed something odd, the size of my window i usually play in was changed after i relogged or crashed(cant remember) twice. This has never happened before and seemed very unusual. As in the actual window resolution was changed.

Please keep up with the good ideas guys, now waiting for MA to maybe do something about it, EVEN A GENERIC EMAIL SAYING THEY RECEIVED MY TICKED WOULD BE NICE!!!!

I will add this into to the original post for those who may miss this post.
Going off of the size difference, this can also move or change the location of icons on your desktop. I play between two computers. My main machine which is 24 inch and my laptop which is 15 inch. Every time I go between the two I have to move my icons around, and that's even if if don't change or touch any of them between the two. So going from larger to smaller, my icons get messed up when I go back to the larger screen even if I don't touch them on the smaller screen.

Going off of the size difference, this can also move or change the location of icons on your desktop. I play between two computers. My main machine which is 24 inch and my laptop which is 15 inch. Every time I go between the two I have to move my icons around, and that's even if if don't change or touch any of them between the two. So going from larger to smaller, my icons get messed up when I go back to the larger screen even if I don't touch them on the smaller screen.

You may have miss understood what i said. I didnt log into my account on different computers during this time, i do once in a while on my laptop, but very rarely. I wasnt talking about any icons, i was talking about the size of the actual window i play my game on got much smaller, and graphics resolutions in the game itself were changed.

You may have miss understood what i said. I didnt log into my account on different computers during this time, i do once in a while on my laptop, but very rarely. I wasnt talking about any icons, i was talking about the size of the actual window i play my game on got much smaller, and graphics resolutions in the game itself were changed.
No I mean who ever has, not you, has a different resolution then yours. ;)

WOW ballsy! I just sent a PM to the person i had an open chat window after my hacking.

here is a copy:

Dmatrix: are you there?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: hi
Dmatrix: Do you know what happened 2 days ago?
Dmatrix: my account was hacked 2 days ago, and alot of ped stolen, when i logged back in i had a chat box open with your avatar.
Dmatrix: I have everything recorded, so you either helped hacking or are also a victim, do you have anything to say to that?

No response since.

Everybody would feel better if MA would take measures if something similar happens.

More than the details in investigations (it shouldn't be that hard to understand when an account war hacked), the important is to make this a default service from MA, of course under request, and with a cost as it is the TT item recover already.

My 2 pecs but if something like this happens to me (I HAVE GOLD CARD!) I'd love to be able to recover back everything at a cost like 1000-2000 PED.

Please PM me names too.

One thing that could add some additional protection for people that don't use Gold Card and would be to add the possibility to add a second password that must be used if the IP your are logging in from are different from the IP you normally play from, or each time you add a new IP-adress to your list of "pre-aproved" IP-adresses. Or if you could allowed logging from IP-adresses from your own contry only.

Or if you login from a different computer you have to authorise that computer with a code emailed to you (like steam does)

Food for thoughts concerning these recent hacks : Interesting the hackers sending mail to set up trade were not in the same "room" aka hacking headquarters when they accesed said accounts.
If MA headquarters was hacked ? Its quite possible that these two accounts were a simple test by the hackers to see if they had access to customer accounts with a :value" because we all know theres millions of account made by millions of people who simply passed in and then out of Entropia,s doors.And if thats the case and they now know they have infiltrated MA customer accounts and not just old data. . . my guess would be that things are about to get ALOT WORSE for everyone here !!! They could DEMAND from MA $$$ or they will destroy MA code for Entropia? Or they make the loot pool even worse! And piss us off even MORE!!! :holyshit:

I think you are going a bit beyond hyperbole with your comment. Come off the ledge and think a bit logically.

Back