Dmatrix was hacked

Well my account has been locked for investigation. I checked under my list of support cases and my support case says was updated couple hrs ago, meaning they looked at it finally? But there is no response to it yet other than my account being locked. Is it normal for my support case to get an update date/time without any kind of response from support? Otherwise i have only seen the date updated before when either i added another note, or an actual answer by support was written.

If you gained access to account info you might have to try hundreds of accounts before you find "active " players .I mean if you take into account all the people who tried out Entropia and then quit to never return , You as the hacker might have to login to alot accounts before you hit a good one?

If you gained access to account info you might have to try hundreds of accounts before you find "active " players .I mean if you take into account all the people who tried out Entropia and then quit to never return , You as the hacker might have to login to alot accounts before you hit a good one?

Yep, what was it, a million registered accounts MA said once? Probably only a few thousand of them active daily. maybe 10000 monthly, optimistic guess with those activity numbers. Then how many of them are active forum users?

So i have heard some people suggested i should file a police report. I guess in my own eyes that seems stupid and i feel like nothing would get done about it, but maybe im wrong. I wonder what you all think about that? I had aproximatly 17k ped worth TT stolen, and with MU lets say roughly 20k so 2000$.

Would anyone file a report?

So i have heard some people suggested i should file a police report. I guess in my own eyes that seems stupid and i feel like nothing would get done about it, but maybe im wrong. I wonder what you all think about that? I had aproximatly 17k ped worth TT stolen, and with MU lets say roughly 20k so 2000$.

Most likely the police where you live can't do much, but I Think MA would want a police report Before they do anything serious. For USA, I Think FBI has a report form for "White collar crime".

Maybe not under "stolen", but "fraud" or "computer intrusion" (or what it's called in your country).

If you report it:

1) MA will take it more seriously. Having the FBI (Or whoever) make even basic contact will get MA to take your case, and other people's, much more seriously.

2)This would get rid of any fear MA may have that you are trying to fool them. I am confident this is not the case, but it's a general precaution companies take. I lost a cell phone and had insurance on it a few years ago. Before I could get a replacement I had to file a police report.

3) You would be much more likely to get MA to reverse any actions the hacker did. Having an actual legal authority looking into the case gives MA more authority to interfere with other accounts.

4) The police / FBI may just find the criminal. This could get all of your valuables returned, and punish the ass who did this. It would also make other people less likely to try hacking accounts.

5) You'll give a rookie investigator a relatively minor case to cut his / her teeth on. Even though $2,000 isn't a huge case, in comparison to others, your taxes go to support these people in catching criminals.

I'm not sure of what all would be required but looking at www.justice.gov for USA citizens would be a good start. It's not the type of crime local Police Departments are trained for.

Even if it doesn't help in your case, the more people report crimes like this to the authorities, the sooner we might get to the point where they actually start taking cybertheft seriously when the victims are ordinary people rather than multinational corporations. I would therefore encourage you to report it.

Sorry for your loss.

Hey guys. Unfortunately my avatar "Dmatrix" was hacked last night. I did not have a gold card, i know im a dumb ass for that but if that is the only way to keep my account safe, why is that an option and not requirement when people create an account? I never really looked into it frankly because i didnt even know exactly what it does because it was never thrown in my face when i started the game like hey this game is NOT SAFE unless you have a gold card. Although according to their TOS you are still not 100% safe even with a gold card for those who are wondering, since i have read over that shit.
[...]

How come you say GC was never thrown into your face?
Few years ago everyone who deposited certain amount of PED (think it used to be 1000 PED) got one GC free of charge.
Did:
- MA change that now and it's not shipped anymore unless asked?
- MA failed to send one to you?
- you did not deposited that amount??

Didn't we or PCF have a discussion on this in the past regarding virtual property and the IRS in the past? I know that the IRS has given guidance regarding Bitcoin and virtual currencies recently - I wonder if it extends to EU?

While it's most likely as illegal to steal bitcoins as it is to "steal" virtual property, bitcoins are desgned to be Anonymous and if your bitcoin wallet (or your bitcoin provider) is hacked there is no way to get it back, while "virtual items" in fact are registered somewhere to specific users, and possibly also have their transfers logged, so it is in fact possible to reverse transactions (at least technically and if policy allows that).

A police report will help if you can eventually identify the person responsible and also if they live in a country in which you can pursue legal recourse in court.

Beyond that, a police report wont do much for you.

Sorry for your loss.

How come you say GC was never thrown into your face?
Few years ago everyone who deposited certain amount of PED (think it used to be 1000 PED) got one GC free of charge.
Did:
- MA change that now and it's not shipped anymore unless asked?
- MA failed to send one to you?
- you did not deposited that amount??

I have played this game for 18 months and no they do not automatically send you one anymore. I did order one and it was free but that's after browsing their website and finding out about that. Again, that's not exactly thrown in my face is it? I was here to play the game and not search for extra security measure they may or may not provide on their site. I guess now I know better to trust the game as is lol. Why would they build in max security into the game originally?!?....guess that would make too much sense for them.

8+ days now and not even an intial response of any kind. This is fucking unacceptable for a theft of close to 2000$. I know it took Fred 13+ days to get an initial response which asked him to send in identification. So basically it took them 13+ days to just really start looking into his case. I am furious beyong words with support in this game, eventhough i have forced myself to stay calm. Also their one and only phone number on thier website (which is only for corporate communications, so it really doesnt matter i guess) DOES NOT work. I tried calling it several times and every time it gives message that this number doesnt work at this time please try later. Kepp in mind i did call during their office hours. How do people keep huge sums of money in this game, when their 1 and only phone number on their site doesnt even work is beyond my understanding really.

8+ days now and not even an intial response of any kind. This is fucking unacceptable for a theft of close to 2000$. I know it took Fred 13+ days to get an initial response which asked him to send in identification. So basically it took them 13+ days to just really start looking into his case. I am furious beyong words with support in this game, eventhough i have forced myself to stay calm. Also their one and only phone number on thier website (which is only for corporate communications, so it really doesnt matter i guess) DOES NOT work. I tried calling it several times and every time it gives message that this number doesnt work at this time please try later. Kepp in mind i did call during their office hours. How do people keep huge sums of money in this game, when their 1 and only phone number on their site doesnt even work is beyond my understanding really.

Your anger and frustration is very understandable Dmatrix. I hope you get unlocked tomorrow.

I hope you get a GoldCard and recommend others to do so when you do (immediately).

Maybe work with others who also were hacked to work out how you were hacked, because so far I've only read of 3 on the forum (I know only a % of Entropians use forums, but when serious issues occur they become very vocal)

It shouldn't be long now I'd have thought, but you really want to be unlocked knowing that someone else can gain access to your account?

Your anger and frustration is very understandable Dmatrix. I hope you get unlocked tomorrow.

I hope you get a GoldCard and recommend others to do so when you do (immediately).

Maybe work with others who also were hacked to work out how you were hacked, because so far I've only read of 3 on the forum (I know only a % of Entropians use forums, but when serious issues occur they become very vocal)

It shouldn't be long now I'd have thought, but you really want to be unlocked knowing that someone else can gain access to your account?

You have completely misunderstood my frustration. I dont expect to get unlocked right now or tomorrow. What i was frustrated about is the lack of comunication in a serious matter such as this. Account was locked about 5-6 days ago. Ok so they saw my ticket, but now a week later not even a simple message saying we have started looking into this matter. NOTHING, absolutely nothing. And the fact that the phone number listed on the website doesnt work is pretty worrysome also.

Last night I saw the latest ****g**ds bot spamming the Rookie. As the ava name looked vaguely familiar, I googled it and saw it was the ava of a player who played at least for some time, was the member of a rather well-known soc and who posted on one of the Entropia forums.

Since I do not assume he is part of the spammers' organization I believe there is another hacked account.

Wonder how many there are.

Last night I saw the latest ****g**ds bot spamming the Rookie. As the ava name looked vaguely familiar, I googled it and saw it was the ava of a player who played at least for some time, was the member of a rather well-known soc and who posted on one of the Entropia forums.

Since I do not assume he is part of the spammers' organization I believe there is another hacked account.

Wonder how many there are.

Have you informed the society leader ?

Raised support case?

One thing that always surprised me,,,if i steal 5 music cd:s in a store " its about 800 SKr value " and the TT-value of it is about 50 SKr - It gets really upsetting, the store calling on the police and so on.......

But if i steal a gun here in the game who has a value of 80K SKr,,, no one cares not even the company is helpfull......:wise:

because the store owner dint click <removed> twice :yup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you informed the society leader ?

Raised support case?

Could not find the name on the current soc list, so 'former member' is more accurate.

And no, I did not write a support case, because MA is removing those spamming avas anyway, and they know a whole lot more about those accounts than I do. I do not see a point in writing a ticket about a situation they are aware of.

...and they know a whole lot more about those accounts than I do. I do not see a point in writing a ticket about a situation they are aware of.

I hope you're right. I dont check rookie chat much, but if everyone sees a housefire and assumes "someone else will have rung the fire brigade" then the house burns down. :(

I reported one recently.

Based on their response, Support is aware it's an ongoing issue:
Hi Serica,

We handle them daily so it comes and goes, if no one is online at the time of us at support they get to roam free for a little, otherwise we shoot them down pretty quick.

Thank you for your report.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

I hope you're right. I dont check rookie chat much, but if everyone sees a housefire and assumes "someone else will have rung the fire brigade" then the house burns down. :(

I see your point, but if you check this post, you can see that they say that this kind of spamming is the reason the other account was locked:

Your situation is like this; Your account was locked for being one of the accounts advertising the site OKAYGOODS that allegedly sells PED.

Considering the complaints about many unanswered support cases recently, my ticket will probably be old news for them by the time someone reads it.

How fast did you get a reply?

We're probably going a little off-topic here, but it took two days.

A quick "Thanks for reporting" reply probably doesn't take the same sort of time as one that requires some investigation before responding though.

We're probably going a little off-topic here, but it took two days.

A quick "Thanks for reporting" reply probably doesn't take the same sort of time as one that requires some investigation before responding though.

You are completely correct that a reply which requires investigation should take a decent amount of time. Having said that however, if you had 2000$ stolen from you, you personally WOULD NOT APRECIATE if whoever is investigating your theft waited a month before calling you back to say your theft is being investigated. It may and likely should take sometime to investigate, HOWEVER it is completely piss poor customer support to not send an initial reply and say" We are looking into your matter" how long do you think that takes really? 30seconds to 1minute to put a person at peace? Yeah that makes no sense to do, now does it. To put a customer of your company who may or may not be an investor who may or may not have deposited 1000s of dollars into your company, at peace.

PISS FUCKING POOR MANAGEMENT.

This is not a shot at Serica by any means however if you are defending MA's customer support in anyway and their ways of dealing with these matters. Its my response to that.

Last edited:
Dmatrix, I don't know why you haven't had a response from Support yet.

I don't send many in, and when I do, they're pretty straightforward.

I know they don't send emails in response to support cases (other than the automated one saying there is a response on the site).
Bear in mind though that someone else will have access to your support cases on the website - ie the person who has hacked the account - and maybe there is some reluctance to put anything in writing that might tip off the people who are doing this.
Or maybe it's simply that there is bit of a backlog due to staff having been on leave over the holiday period.

I hope you receive a response soon though, as I'm sure this whole situation must have you tearing your hair out.

Dmatrix, I don't know why you haven't had a response from Support yet.

I don't send many in, and when I do, they're pretty straightforward.

I know they don't send emails in response to support cases (other than the automated one saying there is a response on the site).
Bear in mind though that someone else will have access to your support cases on the website - ie the person who has hacked the account - and maybe there is some reluctance to put anything in writing that might tip off the people who are doing this.
Or maybe it's simply that there is bit of a backlog due to staff having been on leave over the holiday period.

I hope you receive a response soon though, as I'm sure this whole situation must have you tearing your hair out.

I was at that point a few days ago. Now i am calm but still pissed about it, however my interest to continue playing and skilling my avatar is dissapearing with eachday i hear nothing from support, and thats whether they help me recover anything or not. I know many of you have no idea who i am. But those who do know me, know i have been one of the most active hunters in this game since i started 18 months ago. EL would certainly show you that if anyone carred or wondered, just look over the last 360 days. My point being is i LOVED grinding away and heavily skilling my avatar but knowing if/when something goes wrong this is the kind of help a player receives really makes me wonder if theres any point to continue what i have done over the last year.

Sorry to hear that Dmatrix, sucks that you got hacked. Based on the amount of times I've seen your name in the past year, I thought your ava was a lot older than it is :eyecrazy:
After reading through every post on the 19 pages (currently) in this thread, I am posting here for two reasons:

1) When I got my gold card back in 2010, I got an email saying I'd reached the deposit amount to get a free gold card (5000 ped back then, which is what is now for those who mentioned 1k earlier), which reminded me of the offer and is probably the reason I got the GC to begin with (when I started, never thought I'd depo that much :eyecrazy:). Did you not get this email? More to the point, can someone who's gotten their GC recently (last 1-2 years) through the free offer verify that MA still sends this email? I'm just curious.

**Apologies, this question was previously answered.**

2) Everyone here keeps talking about "why would they not just remove the attachments"...did anyone stop to think that time is of the essence when doing this sort of hacking? Yes, it's just two clicks, but I imagine Dmatrix has a fair number of items with attachments on them...those 5 seconds add up. Just my :twocents:

Torene

P.S. One last thing, these "should've had a GC" in these types of threads really need to stop...I'm sure the OPs regret not having one, and kicking people while they're down is just uncalled for...saying they should've had a GC doesn't change anything.

Last edited:
this is NO LONGER a safe environment for my money even if i get a gold card, so there is no way i can bring myself to make a depo

Sorry to hear, but... Question - yours bank account got one simple password too? Nothing like golden card there? :laugh: If YOU dont care about yours safety - why others should care about that? MA got golden card system YEARS ago, didnt hear about anyone hacked while use GC. Ofc, there is no 100% safe system in world... Dont forged hackers break in eBay, NASA, Pentagon, Sony Pictures and so on. Noting in internet is safe So... Thing is that without GC it is "easy" and with GC it is "little harder". Someone gonna work "harder" to get to GC protected acc, while they can get to less protected acc with a lot less work?!

P.S. My advice is - go and buy Golden Card right away. You can buy it here - https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/ Or you can use FREE GOLDEN CARD OFFER here - https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/free-gold-card-offer/

P.S. One last thing, these "should've had a GC" in these types of threads really need to stop...I'm sure the OPs regret not having one, and kicking people while they're down is just uncalled for...saying they should've had a GC doesn't change anything.

Complaining about being hacked and quiting because of that do not change anything too, right? It is too late. A lesion for others.

Sorry to hear, but... Question - yours bank account got one simple password too? Nothing like golden card there? :laugh: If YOU dont care about yours safety - why others should care about that? MA got golden card system YEARS ago, didnt hear about anyone hacked while use GC. Ofc, there is no 100% safe system in world... Dont forged hackers break in eBay, NASA, Pentagon, Sony Pictures and so on. Noting in internet is safe So... Thing is that without GC it is "easy" and with GC it is "little harder". Someone gonna work "harder" to get to GC protected acc, while they can get to less protected acc with a lot less work?!

P.S. My advice is - go and buy Golden Card right away. You can buy it here - https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/ Or you can use FREE GOLDEN CARD OFFER here - https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/free-gold-card-offer/

Complaining about being hacked and quiting because of that do not change anything too, right? It is too late. A lesion for others.

Stating it once is a lesson for others. Multiple people stating it in PAGES of threads (this and Freds), is just obnoxious, and hinders people like me who are actually interested in knowing the situation. And, for the record, OP said they have ordeded a GC: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...x-was-hacked&p=3333359&viewfull=1#post3333359

Torene

Back