Do hunters pay for mining?

crazy

Old Alpha
crazy DaLegend Immortal
So my question is, are we hunters paying for all these huge mining HOF's?

I ask this because i have noticed over past 2 day 2x 15k, 24k and a 67k ATH on mining, plus we recently had the 2nd largest ever HOF in EU history mining also, plus who knows how many other huge mining HOF's recently.

Where as in hunting as i write this the largest HOF stands at only 2k peds.

I could be wrong but i would think that hunting generates and cycles more peds daily than mining, as i write this Entropia tracker stats are 2144 individual had a global at mining past 30 days and 3815 at hunting, which to me points that hunting cycles more peds and must generate more revenuce for MA than mining.

So are we hunters paying for all these huge mining HOF's?

Seems a bit unfair to me if we are......

No large HoFs in hunting may simply mean that returns are more even (less big ones, more smaller ones). This seems to be the case with my loot personally at least.

Sum of all tt returns in Mining is below 100% for shure, so in tt hunters dont pay for miners.

But crafted guns use ore and enmatter and that markup is earned by miners and paid by hunters, so yes hunters pay for miners.

Sum of all tt returns in Mining is below 100% for shure, so in tt hunters dont pay for miners.

But crafted guns use ore and enmatter and that markup is earned by miners and paid by hunters, so yes hunters pay for miners.

What i mean is, when you look at the hall of fame mining is hugely disproportionate to hunting, which is strange if hunting cycles more peds than mining

So is some of the money made at hunting being used to fund these huge mining HOF's? or does hunting peds stay in the hunting 'loot pool' and these huge HOF's are generated from mining seperatly

boom..... someone just got a 206k mining ATH

Another ridiculous mining HOF, and hunting sits at 2k biggest HOF last 24hrs still

i posted today :D

Yes its a bit fucked up to camp a mob. But i won't camp a mob except if they drop a shitload markup then its no point to lose and hope for UBER.

One more thing since we talk about big hofs.... since before mayhem MA changed something in hunting. Loots over 10k drop very rare and they are like 20-25% less then normal. Also same with hofs on drone and argo. I remember most of drone 01 hofs were 800 peds now ive seen many 6xx. In mining lots of 10-20k each weekend...

I dont know but there is another 200k mining ath now again :/

-Bemo-

Lee Zhorgul Salmon found a deposit (Zinc Stone) with a value of 206735 PED at HELL!!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY !!!

comeon there is definatly something wrong with the loot distribution.......

I ask this because i have noticed over past 2 day 2x 15k, 24k and a 67k ATH on mining, plus we recently had the 2nd largest ever HOF in EU history mining also, plus who knows how many other huge mining HOF's recently.

Where as in hunting as i write this the largest HOF stands at only 2k peds.

I could be wrong but i would think that hunting generates and cycles more peds daily than mining, as i write this Entropia tracker stats are 2144 individual had a global at mining past 30 days and 3815 at hunting, which to me points that hunting cycles more peds and must generate more revenuce for MA than mining.

So are we hunters paying for all these huge mining HOF's?

Seems a bit unfair to me if we are......

what huge mining loots???? i never got one. Maybe hunters should deposit more!!!!

:ahh:

Was with a demonic finder too. Had soc mate in hell when it happened in same dome.

-Bemo-

Thanks MA we don't have many ATHs in hunting lately, maybe that's why the common loot is so good :ahh:
as i write this Entropia tracker stats are 2144 individual had a global at mining past 30 days and 3815 at hunting, which to me points that hunting cycles more peds and must generate more revenuce for MA than mining
No, that's the answer where those mining ATHs came from. Hunting loot was distributed more evenly among globals.

at foma and hell you can use amps and get nl for 50+ times, lets see a hunter get nl on atrox, aurli, or bigger 50+ times and keep playing. thus there will never be this big of loots hunting.

Also with mining amps you can turn over way more ped then you can hunting.

and people with theories of people pay for others, the only thing in this game that is profitable is markup. The only people you directly pay is the game, and can consider share holders now.

:holyshit: What to expect for the the next BIG crafting ATH?

well if things carry on like this it will just piss off hunters more and more

All this talk of hunting loots being more even, i personally havnt seen this, i still loosing peds as qucikly as before, maybe even quicker

In the meantime mining seems like a good thing to be doing right now :D

I cycled ~1.2 million peds mining past year or so, only got back ~78% tt. That difference would've paid for a few ATHs... haha shit...

I did some feff hunting recently and made a profit from a lot of small globals/silent globals. I'll be going back to hunting soon to see if that lasts I think, if it does, that would beat the constant losses and 1-2k ped swings every hour from mining foma/hell. I think other miners have paid for those aths, tt wise, I know I paid for a couple or one of those 200kers. My loot is always best when the hof list for that profession is quiet.

When you see a lot of mining ATH's, it probably just means a lot of other miners are getting their asses kicked...

at foma and hell you can use amps and get nl for 50+ times, lets see a hunter get nl on atrox, aurli, or bigger 50+ times and keep playing. thus there will never be this big of loots hunting.

Also with mining amps you can turn over way more ped then you can hunting.

Exactly......

With a simple Lvl 3 mining amp costing 9 ped/click (Or something like ~13k peds/hour)

why didn't you ask if it was crafters that pay for mining ATHs?

Or maybe since you think hunters pay for mining ATHs, then Crafters pay for hunter's ATHs. :eyecrazy:

Stop looking for relations where ain't any.

i posted today :D
I can agree, something changed, but what i dont get how and why would MA change just hunting, they give now the impresion what the OP made clear aswel... all the hunters spending is going into mining.

as i see it MA could have done the following thing.

1. Rebalanced hunting to give a more even return ( given that you dont play stupid ) , this caused the hofs to be smaller and alot lesser but overall no difference.

2. They rebalanced mining, to give out bigger hofs, probably creating bigger swings in mining ( wich hunting had for ages now )

This is to make more ppl start to mine ( people like big ath ) , thus increasing markup on hunting loot because alot less loot on market.

better mu on hunting loot combined with a more even tt return is what MA want the new ppl arriving to entropia to feel.

or....

its just dynamic ;)

cheers

ermik

as i see it MA could have done the following thing.

1. Rebalanced hunting to give a more even return ( given that you dont play stupid ) , this caused the hofs to be smaller and alot lesser but overall no difference.

2. They rebalanced mining, to give out bigger hofs, probably creating bigger swings in mining ( wich hunting had for ages now )

This is to make more ppl start to mine ( people like big ath ) , thus increasing markup on hunting loot because alot less loot on market.

better mu on hunting loot combined with a more even tt return is what MA want the new ppl arriving to entropia to feel.

or....

its just dynamic ;)

cheers

ermik

IMHO, happened such things:

1. Hunting wasn't changed at all. It's just less active, beginning of the year, and so on. (still we have levi's ATH)
2. Much less demand of weapons and as result - crafters overstocked with stuff, crafting less, MU on major ores falling down.
3. Much less lvl2 amp crafting (major residue source) - resulting in growing residue price, thus, makeing crafting of amps more expensive, and in case of low-MU ores - players who buying amps simply suck and barely can breakeven.

Also, look at latest mining ATHs. It's shit. Big TT, small MU - meaning, there was in the system alot of azz, zinc, gold etc-etc-etc. Big duru hits, relatively big gazz - amps.

Current state of the game is close to masturbation, than to sex, I just blame beginning of the year.

IMHO, nothing happened. Same picture was in prev year, in february.

Directly, no. However, I think hunters' contributions to the loot pool are probably the highest of all professions because of armor and fap decay. However, they get more loot back on a consistent basis. Afaik, hunting has the highest success rate and lowest no-loot rate of any activity. Also, afaik, hunting has had the most number of globals on average since tracker started.

Indirectly, probably every action contributes to the loot pool, not only hunting.

Everytime I log in the first thing I open is the HOF list I like to look at who was the lucky one :)
In saying this I have noticed hunting loots the top has been chopped off, No more big ATH in hunting I belive.

But now it seems your 150 - 300ped hits are now only globals and the HOFs start alot higher.
This to me is saying they have averaged out the loot and knocked the peak off the big ones.

Everyone has an Opinion on this, TBH I was playing for the big one, and think the change has come from all the complaints on forums etc about loot.

My opinion is this its seems that the majority of the people that have hit a nice 5 figure loot sometime in the past are happy with the change as they know to get a 2nd 5 figure is hard. (this is not all)
But the good I seen from this and everyone else should is MA is listening, they are hearing the compliants (even if we dont all agree on them) and putting them to action.

+REP ma

now anyone buying a ADJ V1 or ADJ FAP? check my sales thread in selling section!

Regards Inno :)

would be nice to know if:
- loot pool is unique(shared by all player in all profession)
- there is 1 loot pool per profession

In saying this I have noticed hunting loots the top has been chopped off, No more big ATH in hunting I belive.

I think hunting is the only profession players can't affect the multiplier. In mining, players can use amps to increase their bets, in crafting, they can move the bar. The only way hunters can affect their max return is by hunting monsters with bigger hitpoints.

My thought is there is just 1 loot pool and all loots come from that. If mining results are bad and hunting is good miners pay for hunters and in this case here Í think hunters did pay for the mining ath's as well.

No and yes.

No - because in the sense you ask, you're suggesting hunters are putting TT into some sort of "loot pool" (which has never been proved to exist) that is then emptied by miners, giving the latter a higher average % TT return.

Yes - because hunters buy crafted equipment (because killing stuff is fun :sniper:), which make sure mined resources have a higher average % then looted (by hunting) resources. This means it's easier to break even/profit as a miner then a hunter. Which means people keep on mining, no matter how boring it can get. Which means a lot of money is turned over by miners, which in turn means eventually someone will hit a big hof by chance.

Last edited:
would be nice to know if:
- loot pool is unique(shared by all player in all profession)
- there is 1 loot pool per profession

Personally, I believe it's by profession. Usually the hofs are depressed for a while before a big one. Say if the average top hof is like 14k for a while, and then suddenly drops to 6k or less for a week or two, a 6 figure one is coming. However, this depressing of hofs does not occur for all professions simultaneously. If hunting is depressed, you often seen a 5 figure one in both mining and crafting, and vice versa.

Over the years there have been complaints when a 20k Atrox Young appears (and other mobs) and posts appear that MA should give out 20 x 1k Atrox as this would make 20 people happy and not just one lucky person.

Let alone 100k Levi.

Seems MA are experimenting with this (on hunting at least) and seeing if we are happier with this loot model.

I'm not sure, makes me want to go mining TBH.....

But do hunters pay for mining - no I dont think so.

Back