Question: Do mobs have SIB ?

ermik

Elite
ermik ermik ermik
Do mobs have SIB ?

I was thinking about this a little and thought id get it out in the open for comments.

We all know ( or atleast most ppl belive this ) , that the more peds you burn the more your skills increase ( reffering to hunting ).
But what if there are mobs that give you more skills than another mob , even though you spend the same amount of peds hunting.

Mindark stated not long ago that "Hunting within your skill level is now more important than ever."

This is what im starting to belive more and more.

Before the big change to the skill system the skills increased pretty fast and skilling was somewhat easy. Then MA changed the system to make skilling slower , but at the same time they added SIB on mobs ( hidden ).

This means that some mobs ( mobs that are within your skill level to comfortably hunt ) give more skills on the same spend amount of peds than an non SIB active mob would.

I have noticed this on several different mobs , some mobs which i can hunt with ease and "grind" give more skills than mobs i need to "fight" against using big ass high MU SIB guns.

When system decides if a mob is SIB active for your avatar it would probably take in consideration all your combat , defense and medical skills, so you cant cheat the system by thinking " i can hunt hoggs easy just cause ive got phantom armor and maxxed apis " if your hp , evade and general skills are not up to the right level you still wont get sib from Hoggs.

This has nothing to do with loot or loot theories , only skill gains.

Feel free to discuss.

cheers

ermik

I've been keeping close track of skillgains vs mobs, and yet to truly find a balance apart from 1% spend->skills TT value. An exception is Tantillion. (approx 150% of normal skill gain), but I have not noticed much on any other mobs any consistently higher gain. (there are anomalies from time to time, such as my last trip to CP the skill gained was more than 1% of my total armor+fap+weapon spend)

I don't think there is any SIB from Mobs, but I do think that the harder you are hit the more skills you will get, so you could argue that higher level mobs give more skills per hit than lower level ones, and that as you progress you wil lget fewer skills from a particular mob (which sounds pretty much like SIB to me)

No.

Small mobs give more skill due to kill bonus, that's all. You will always get more skills from Tantillions than from Hogglos.

Your style of play will also dictate how many skill gains you get in certain areas (e.g. how much you get hit or fap). That doesn't really have anything to do with the mob though.

No.

Small mobs give more skill due to kill bonus, that's all. You will always get more skills from Tantillions than from Hogglos.

Actually in my tests I haven't found any more skills garnered from Faucervix than Hogglo. Only worked for tants.

Actually in my tests I haven't found any more skills garnered from Faucervix than Hogglo. Only worked for tants.

Then you need to test more :)

I do notice that the bigger the mob the more gains I get, its funny tho I'm sure they are geared towards the mobs you 'should' be hunting

IE I used to camp dome1 cp and love the gains, now I get poor gains there

I def notice that I get more gains from SEG, Chompers and Falx than say small trox

but then again if I can kill 20 small mobs vs 1 chomper I have the extra 'skill bonus' per mob

also the gains may look the same but Im almost sure I get more on some mobs than others.

Mindark stated not long ago that "Hunting within your skill level is now more important than ever."

Ofourse, but it doesn't have anything to do with the mobs themselves. Hunting above your skills now just is more expensive then ever (too many damage on L gear makes your gear decay like icecream on a 45° day) and they basically blocked access to gear which are too high above your level. (you can use it but will get a few dozen warnings). So taking out mobs for which you need to fap regularly is un-eco, which the playerbase already knew for years but will always tend to avoid since those mobs give better drops. If they drop something ofcourse.

The only place i have noticed more skill gains is at cp, but they do hit you alot and you do have to fire alot so thats prob why.

...and they basically blocked access to gear which are too high above your level. (you can use it but will get a few dozen warnings).
Does Entropia now warn you if your skills are too low to effectively use an item?

The warning is only in the properties of the item, right? Where is says "Not Yet", "Yes", and "Not Anymore". Or is there a yellow-text style warning in the text window when you equip it?

EDIT: can someone point me to where I can read about this feature? I have yet to use an (L) item that it beyond my skill level, so I haven't experienced it yet. Thanks, and sorry for going off topic.

Last edited:
The warning is only in the properties of the item, right? Where is says "Not Yet", "Yes", and "Not Anymore". Or is there a yellow-text style warning in the text window when you equip it?

You will see the yellow text too. ;)

Back