Question: Do preamped finders change resource composition

afreeti

Provider
Several times ive had it happen to me i find a nice consistent section of moderately high mu materials i can mine planet side but the second i amp all i hit is lyst or some other low mu resource, im aware amping changes resource find types but has a study ever been done linking the size of the amp with the amount of the change?So i was toying with the idea that higher efficiency = more variation in claims which lead to a theory about pre amped finders and whether or not they also affect resource composition.

I dont think it changes but for sure the big win hits always to the lowest MU..

It depends...

Drop cost changes resource composition... hence why lvl 2 UL amps have any value at all (really though...)

If your drop cost exceeds a certain amount you're unlikely to hit the resources you're targeting.. Good luck hitting dianthus at 6 ped/drop enmatter.

You're onto the right concept, but asking the wrong question :silly2:

It depends...

Drop cost changes resource composition... hence why lvl 2 UL amps have any value at all (really though...)

If your drop cost exceeds a certain amount you're unlikely to hit the resources you're targeting.. Good luck hitting dianthus at 6 ped/drop enmatter.

really the question would be then whats the max you can increase your drop cost without changing the resource composition or does each resource have a max drop

Last edited:
really the question would be then whats the max you can increase your drop cost without changing the resource composition or does each resource have a max drop

It's rather "each resource has its maximum size". It's nigh ridiculous at times - you get III...IV unamped something, and with a lvl 2 amp you get III...IV, too - but not V or VI.

Said maximum size changes over time, however. Noticed there were no dianthus globals for ~three months but now they're happening again?

Also, waves sort of still happen. If you mine half an hour unamped and then half an hour amped, the change you see may be an effect of time, not of the amp. Having two people mine in parallel (one unamped the other amped) might yield better data.

Depth is important + skill if i use a DSEC Seeker L12 (L) where i know Ing is. Iwill mainly get Lyst, but if i use my fav tool ROCTEC M1-LF Finder (L) i will find more Ing and less Lyst, but sometimes Kirtz too.

It depends...

ive hit dianthus several times and with normal hitrate with lvl 13 amp on RT landarea. i think you know which one i am thinking of. every amp at least 1 hit of dianthis, usually capped at +-20 ped though

ive hit dianthus several times and with normal hitrate with lvl 13 amp on RT landarea. i think you know which one i am thinking of. every amp at least 1 hit of dianthis, usually capped at +-20 ped though

Yes I do and i'm sad it got nerfed :(

Last fall you could hit ubers of dianthus there lol... was epic.

but in most cases for a lot of resources if you go too big in drop size you lose out on frequency and hit more TT trash.

Yes I do and i'm sad it got nerfed :(

Last fall you could hit ubers of dianthus there lol... was epic.

but in most cases for a lot of resources if you go too big in drop size you lose out on frequency and hit more TT trash.

Resources are tt trash mostly because you can hit a lot of it.

Resources are tt trash mostly because you can hit a lot of it.

thats correct. in the early days the MU on many mats was a lot better as there were no amps for mining. less supply = higher price on same demand. now with all those heavy amp miners (which all complain about the bad MU :O) there is just a lot too much supply and the demand doesnt follow quick enough...

Depth is important + skill if i use a DSEC Seeker L12 (L) where i know Ing is. Iwill mainly get Lyst, but if i use my fav tool ROCTEC M1-LF Finder (L) i will find more Ing and less Lyst, but sometimes Kirtz too.

Cant agree more :)
That's the reason why its so important to use different (L) finders or UNL finders + depth enhancers
Also spending time trying things out. but off course there is always the factor it can change depending time.

Last edited:
thats correct. in the early days the MU on many mats was a lot better as there were no amps for mining. less supply = higher price on same demand. now with all those heavy amp miners (which all complain about the bad MU :O) there is just a lot too much supply and the demand doesnt follow quick enough...

Sooooooooo true :)

You forgetting the most important part.

There is nothing worth crafting........nothing to use resources on.

Rgds

Ace

You forgetting the most important part.

There is nothing worth crafting........nothing to use resources on.

Rgds

Ace

I agree with this, amps have really affected mining negatively. Almost all the resources I currently mine, end up in the tt. That is a balance issue that MA really needs to address, as well as "explosive projectiles"

Some minerals are set to never global/find above a certain threshold.

Tridenite.
Dunkel.
Dianthus.

MA had to change the Dianthus thing when they realised that cheap acc enhancers were robbing them.

Then they did exactly the same thing with crit buffs :laugh:

Back