Question: Do skill pills stack with random boosts?

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
Say I pop a 10% skill boost pill while hunting, then I get one of those random "free skill boost" powerups for 40%.

Do I now have a 50% skillboost to that skill? Or does the 40% just overtake the 10%?

I realize this is hard to confirm by players, so just wondering if MA has said anything about this. I know ring buffs don't stack with pill buffs, so I was wondering if maybe the same mechanic applies here.

One doesn't replace the other on the buffs strip (like 2 consecutive random boost of the same skill do, for example), so I'd say they stack, although no one can be sure without a comprehensive testing.

Well you would not get 50% skill boost for that particular skill so to say.

The 10% is for any skill associated with your activities so while hunting it can be for evade or dodge, weapon tech, weapon hit or dam or just about any other skill that could pop up, you are just 10% more likely to get a skill boost total amount of skills gained in that amount of time.

A boost hunting that is like 40% as you said just gives you a 40% boost if getting those particular skill increases during that time period.

Now the 10% will effect the same skill as that but it will not raise it to 50% as that 10% can be applied to many many other skills to be gained but yes it should give it a small partial percent boost I would think.

Unless I do not comprehend the system right.

In which case if I get 300% on sword and us a 100% skill boost pill I should be skilling in all skills fast and extremely fast in sword and I never see that happen. Skill gains still seem random with the pills and not targeted to all skill gains at once, I do get more skills faster but never equal increase of all skills. The sword boost hunting however does seem specific and I do get more skills associated.

Well you would not get 50% skill boost for that particular skill so to say.

The 10% is for any skill associated with your activities so while hunting it can be for evade or dodge, weapon tech, weapon hit or dam or just about any other skill that could pop up, you are just 10% more likely to get a skill boost total amount of skills gained in that amount of time.

A boost hunting that is like 40% as you said just gives you a 40% boost if getting those particular skill increases during that time period.

Now the 10% will effect the same skill as that but it will not raise it to 50% as that 10% can be applied to many many other skills to be gained but yes it should give it a small partial percent boost I would think.

Unless I do not comprehend the system right.

In which case if I get 300% on sword and us a 100% skill boost pill I should be skilling in all skills fast and extremely fast in sword and I never see that happen. Skill gains still seem random with the pills and not targeted to all skill gains at once, I do get more skills faster but never equal increase of all skills. The sword boost hunting however does seem specific and I do get more skills associated.

You actually bring up an interesting question for me. Do skill boost pills increase the amount of skill gained from a skill gain, or do they increase the CHANCE of getting a skill gain at all? Or both?

This is too complicated. I definitely see more frequent skill gains when using a pill. Sometimes even double gains.

From my understanding the amount of Green lines means nothing,its the value of each green line that changes but again its gonna need some confirmation from MA.

Though I have seen posts from lvl100+ players that say they just don't see green lines so I may have that completely arse about.

This is a great discussion. I'm curious myself. I was hunting on CP a few days ago, and I'm using the 100% skill boost pill that lasts hours....well, I got a skill boost bonus for laser weapons damage...for 200% (5 min). Wow. I expected to seen a swarm of green lines pop up...but I didn't. If they stacked, that's a total of 300% boost, no?

The idea that the "value" increased makes sense...can MA or someone verify?

I see double green lines on one click for the same skill when I'm using a pill, never seen that while unbuffed. But it's still hard to draw any concrete conclusions...

Back