• Just voting for EFD

Votes: 68 20.3%

• Total voters

Sibolovin

Alpha
Society
Aussie Entropians
Mandi
Trying to explain to a new person if Ubers make more money. I personally think no and yes.

ie Higher evade get less armour damage so decay bill lower than someone hunting same mob

But money put into game by deposit not going to make them money

Am I correct/incorrect or just confused

a n00b loosing 50 bucks and then getting a global and getting 48 bucks back is not much different then an uber loosing 5000 bucks and then getting 4800 back...

i'd say that explaination is about spot on.

I voted no, because you still have to know what your doing and just being uber doesnt mean u know :)

There are no ubers...!

It's exactly the same percentages as any player.

If you know how to profit, you can profit.
Just with low skills you have low turnover, example 5% profit = 100PED each month.

With high skills you have much higher turnover, 5% profit would be 10000 PED each month.

So yeah in the end if you compare a low skilled profit player with an uber profit player, they make more money.
But then again, comparing a low skilled "loss" player to an uber "loss" player, the uber loses much much more than the low skilled one.

So I miss the option:
Everyone makes the same amount of money :)

Ubers can hunt mobs that drop high MU items; noobs can't.

Overall they have more chance to break even or profit.

dandy

Ubers dont make more money. Investors do. :rolleyes:

Some ubers do make 40,000ped a month from hunting, 4-5 for sure.

:lolup: :laugh: :lolup: :laugh: :lolup: :laugh: :lolup:

That was the funniest comment this year...omg I think i wet myself.

Please tell me you where being sarcastic, if not please ask the most uber player of all time Yoda how much he earned from hunting :hammer:

Yoda didn't make any money in EU. He trained jedi down in dagobah just to pass the time.

Reactions: das
Its like poker, you play higher stakes you stand to win more albeit you stand to lose more.

Some do and some don't. But skill level don't mean you make money here. I meet people with practically no skills that low end grind that make more (or break even) more often than mid level (and upper mid level) people I know. Its about the grey matter between your ears.

kosmos

if there was 100million peds ingame and all of them very recycled once, there would be 97millions left and if all were recycled once more there would be 94.09millions left, if all were recycled once again there would be 91.27millions left, MA takes 3% everytime, in the end no one will have profitted, if none depositters all items lose value and everyone owning items lost the mark up and in end there will be no peds left. no one is profitting, but it is possible to play for free and withdraw other peoples deposits before they end up in MAs hands.

They probably could make some peds by sticking to LA events and from the events that MA runs from time to time which have the prizes more weighted for the high level player.

If they stuck to these types of events yes I think they could make some peds by hunting. Regular day to day hunting I have no idea but I kind of doubt it.

Trying to explain to a new person if Ubers make more money. I personally think no and yes.

ie Higher evade get less armour damage so decay bill lower than someone hunting same mob

The part about having higher evade giving u less damage due to armour & so is more eco for ur decay bill is wrong. Ubers use armour with high protection points or above mid-lv sets, which means its minimal decay rate goes up for each hit.

Another point is that all mobs have an evade threshold, so no matter if ur lv 100 in the evader profession the mob will always land a % of hits on you. At a certain point your evade will cease to work as all mobs maybe lands 25% of the time or a minimum of 20% like an exasaur. As you go up the mob ladder to stronger mobs like Proteron the evade doesn't really do much for you. Marco even said that with proterons, you cannot evade them due to their sheer size or even Eomons :laugh:.

Having lv 100 evader on those types of mobs is like going back to when you where a new player hunting snables :D. Well only I think it is... I could be very wrong thou, any uber players out there want to comment or whether or not you are profiting? :)

So my guess is they don't profit, much. But they can due to getting bigger loots due to cycling more peds than a normal player would. But anything in this game is a gamble...

A similar question came up in our soc chat last night, so I'll give the same reply.

Yes, some of those guys make a profit, and some of them are professionals, i.e. make their income from EU and nothing else.

Most of them don't, and are 'uber' precisely because they don't - through major depositing and/or high-spend but low-eco play.

That's how I perceive it anyway, and I think it's probably somewhere near the truth, but I can't say for sure that it is.

99% of people in this game lose money and deposit like everyone else.
Don't think RCE is about making money, it isn't for the majority of people.

Unless your both lucky & smart at gameplay, you will not come out ahead as a depositor playing this game.

It is nice to think you will but unless you fit into the above 1% you won't and sooner or later you will find that out as a depositor.

Last edited:
Some people already touched on it, but ubers have the OPPORTUNITY to make more money for a number of reasons.

First of all, the gear and the skills for that gear make them more efficient than most. Decay bills are less because they can kill a lot faster. Of course, the bigger stuff you can kill, the better items you can receive in loot as well. Looting stuff with a really good markup can make all the difference.

It's also about knowing what stuff to hunt and when too. Long time players have a lot of experience with this game and have been able to spot trends. They hunt around these trends.

Don't forget trading as well. A lot of players that actually play this game professionally don't necessarily get all their money from the three professions. Some of it is from making good trades, and having enough money in game to facilitate the purchase of high dollar items.

Many of these players have also purchased land areas that give them income as well, to continually fund their play, even through the bad periods.

:lolup: :laugh: :lolup: :laugh: :lolup: :laugh: :lolup:

That was the funniest comment this year...omg I think i wet myself.

Please tell me you where being sarcastic, if not please ask the most uber player of all time Yoda how much he earned from hunting :hammer:

i did and the answer was alot.

Of course they make money, they have experience. There are other players except ubers who makes money as well.

The answer depends about what we understand for the meaning of word "Uber". Uber could meaning only an avatar with at least 250 HP. If only means this definition; then the answer is "no". But if besides from his capability to use UL weapons (100%), and an excelent mining skills; the player has a good knowing of Mathematics of Entropia Universe design (TT Mathematics) and Mathematics of Supply and Demand (MU Mathematics); and all this combined with a common sense and good intuition; The answer is "yes". ;)

I would say insurance agencies and the like are Ubers since they screw the crap out of you and make tons of money, but that's my opinion and you'll have to define what an "uber" is cause just because I've played since 03 and don't have shadow and mod fap does that make me uber or just a old noob, or none of the above?

Basically; bigger mobs drop better L gear with bigger markup, so I'd say ubers have at least small advantage over peeps rubbing small mobs. :)

well, I'm an uber (lvl 21 pew pew) and i make so much money in game that Marco got me #1 in speed dial. When i neez some noob aths, when i scratch lyst prices rise, when i stand up, Skalman logs in (almost never).

My 2 pecs,hope that helped

i dont give a damn , i voted

but can say this with it.

ur nothing worth to FPC / MA / Rocktropia if u invest less then lets say 100.000 dollar.
u will be chewed on and spit out.
it's as simple as that.

those people will make proffit.
and hey some need to bring that proffit in.

happy playtime :silly2:

MA make everyone think ubers can make more money , so everyone try to go uber

at the end MA make more money :)

i did and the answer was alot.

Thanks, but what for to me skills? Here they are not necessary - good they do not bring anything, except satisfaction of own ego. With mine skills I lose many money each time, with each hunting. Therefore I consider to preserve unreasonably money in game. And I think that having got rid from them, is possible МА will give to me though any + :)

Funny how his answer to you differs from his answer to everyone else .
Saying that any of the ubers are making 40k profit from only hunting is :bs:.
The ones making a living on EU make their profit from LA's, renting out equipment and services etc. not from hunting.

[/QUOTE]

skills and gear alone dont make profit. noobs with cash who just buy heaps of chips and fancy gear without a sense of the game are bound to lose a lot. people who think and research some may profit. brain and ingame experience paired with skills and gear may lead to higher profit.

Back