Question: Do we need CLD's owner register ?

Do we need CLD's owner register

• Total voters
Rather than a register which would be a constant drain on resources (as clds change hands a lot sometimes).

Why not just have a serial number on each one on the info page. #1 of 60,000, # 4323 of 60,000 etc.

This is a good idea.

The rest of this thread is overflowing with stupid.

couldn't care less who and how much CLDs someone else has.

and .. if they are fooling us about the numbers of CLDs created/sold
you think they would not fake the register if there was one?

I guess you either have to trust or :banghead:

Right. And you are sure of this why exactly?

For many years now summer has been a period of low player activity in Entropia, while the autumn-winter came with a boom in activity. Why would this trend shift now after the CLD sale? The fact that revenue doesn't even match summer activity is really strange. It should be at that level the very least.

While you have no proof to backup your speculation, I have none to back up mine. Both can be correct or wrong at the same time. I`m not sure mine is correct same as I`m not sure yours is. Fact is more transparency would help put such concerns at ease.

Also, when those voting rights will be enforced... think about that. At that point it would be mandatory to have a share registry of some sort to see who has most voting power and such, otherwise people won't really trust a voting system.

Your thoughts on player activity are indeed based on speculation.

The fact that revenue is down means exactly that there is less player activity.

I have exact proof of my position that there is no dilution of the land deeds. Take the land deed percentage of revenue and divide it by 60,000 and you get the payout to each deed. If it doesn't match what you actually get, something is fishy. If Mindark was creating more deeds, payouts would be lower than they are now.

Rather than a register which would be a constant drain on resources (as clds change hands a lot sometimes).

Why not just have a serial number on each one on the info page. #1 of 60,000, # 4323 of 60,000 etc.

yea why not...sounds cool! :thumbup:

...however imagine checking that info reading #666... :eyecrazy:

Wow, thats one of best constructive idea I heard lately on forum. It makes all we need with minimal work !

*No need hold and manage names ( privacy saved )
*There is no possible to add more deeds in that system (if ever No. higher than max deed count see light - that would mean new max No. of deeds)

There is problem however with making unique items stackables, but for sure smaler than register similar to mentor one.

and .. if they are fooling us about the numbers of CLDs created/sold
you think they would not fake the register if there was one?

Almost not possible , as everyone even with minimum activity ingame has someone who seen or know him. Except case when deeds are bought by 2nd avatar of someone noone buying them without even basic knowledge about game.

U get that "basic knowledge" by playing game - and it 's not possible to not met anyone during process. Even if u buy CLD's as 2 day sweater newbie u have been seen at least once by someone.

I guess you either have to trust or :banghead:

...it's not so easy. Take me for example, i am not sure. I am somwhere in the midle between trust and luck of it.

[sarcasm]
MA's programmers can't even update the estates to show current deed holder since they rely on the old 'claim' process. Do you really think they could create a live database that accurately shows current owners of the clds
[/sarcasm]

The fact that revenue is down means exactly that there is less player activity.

Maybe people are playing on other planets?

If it prevents fraud, then yes. :wise::wise:

Who is this "Max Hammer" guy selling 100's of CLDs on a daily basis? Do you realize how much he pays as listing fee for those, every day, since the CLDs "sold out"? How many 100-stacks get sold each day anyway?

Unless ofcourse he is an insider.... and listing fees are of no concern. :confused::confused:

If it prevents fraud, then yes. :wise::wise:

Who is this "Max Hammer" guy selling 100's of CLDs on a daily basis? Do you realize how much he pays as listing fee for those, every day, since the CLDs "sold out"? How many 100-stacks get sold each day anyway?

Unless ofcourse he is an insider.... and listing fees are of no concern. :confused::confused:

Yea, the 10 ped fee is a big concern when you sell 100 clds.

Wow, thats one of best constructive idea I heard lately on forum. It makes all we need with minimal work !

*No need hold and manage names ( privacy saved )
*There is no possible to add more deeds in that system (if ever No. higher than max deed count see light - that would mean new max No. of deeds)

There is problem however with making unique items stackables, but for sure smaler than register similar to mentor one.

Yep. Great idea. I totally subscribe to it!

The transparency would be nice, but I think it would target too many players for account hacking.
:wise: Agreed. Over the wire hacking could be somewhat mitigated by the Gold Card, but that does not stop real-life hacking if someone knows where you live etc..

I think all CLDs should be in the the register with a Quantity next to a "name". And if we want privacy, the default name should be "Anonymous" (setting could be found under options). That way all 60000 CLDs could be accounted for.

Back