Do you feel your overall loot returns have improved significantly?

Subject

• Yes

Votes: 64 27.7%
  • No

Votes: 167 72.3%

• Total voters
This is considered a casual level of gear for a casual player? The average joe?
One grand for the gear in online gaming is nothing special. The numbers go way higher in many subscription based or "Free2Play with the Pay2Win option" games...
Might not be something for the "casual average player", prolly more like the goal for that casual average player to strive for.
Once you have it you'll become the new normal, the average medium level player (a middle ground between beginner/casual player and the uber). AFAIK, that's indeed how it works now, nothing too crazy there, IMHO.

well, I do have to agree with Evey on that one with one addition. Not so much the casual player, but the casual hunter.

Sure, yo don't have to get those items perse, but for the casual hunter those items are surely a good base.

I guess I'm always going to see Entropia as a game where you log in and go hunt stuff. It's what I always did. It's what Entropia teaches the new players to do at first. Hunting is, IMO, the main profession and all others are to aid hunting. There can be good arguments against this, but, as I said, it my opinion, being the profession where most people play, especially when there are evens, the number of players doubles at least, quickly.
Yeah, you don't have to have that stuff, but if you're a hunter, you will want to start with an ares ring, especially since the L ones can be traded.

Regards

One grand for the gear in online gaming is nothing special. The numbers go way higher in many subscription based or "Free2Play with the Pay2Win option" games...
Might not be something for the "casual average player", prolly more like the goal for that casual average player to strive for.
Once you have it you'll become the new normal, the average medium level player (a middle ground between beginner/casual player and the uber). AFAIK, that's indeed how it works now, nothing too crazy there, IMHO.

lol, indeed, Have you ever seen how much some people spend on some "simple" mobile app games like for example clash of clans (just to name one)? :eyecrazy:

And to think that each dollar you spend there is a guaranteed 100% write off!

So spending money in Entropia is indeed not that crazy.

I guess I'm always going to see Entropia as a game where you log in and go hunt stuff. It's what I always did. It's what Entropia teaches the new players to do at first. Hunting is, IMO, the main profession and all others are to aid hunting.

Yes, and that explains most of your posts. " if you dont hunt enough you cant say anything about the game". That turns out to be your point of perspective ;)

I joined the game after the TI deal, considering EU to be a game where you could invest and trade and make money. And then spend that money on playing (like hunting)

That's my point of perspective.

Yes, and that explains most of your posts. " if you dont hunt enough you cant say anything about the game". That turns out to be your point of perspective ;)

I joined the game after the TI deal, considering EU to be a game where you could invest and trade and make money. And then spend that money on playing (like hunting)

That's my point of perspective.

Not like that, but more like, if you're an actor and acting is the only thing you did in your professional career, please don't give medical advice... near a hospital... saying doctors are morons.... because the right to personal opinion, even if 100% wrong...
Well, I joined about the same time as well. TI was bought because, well, hunting grounds :)
Trading is mostly for hunting gear, hunting loot etc. :))
Ofc I now have to re evaluate how I hunt since my results are pretty much shit atm :D

Well, I joined about the same time as well. TI was bought because, well, hunting grounds :)

for the sake of keeping the discussion going :tongue2:, no, it was bought because, well, property and real estate which could be traded and managed.
(we dutch are known for our trading spirits. it's in our blood ;) )

Those hunters were just playing around there ;)

But funny to see how we all have our own expectations of the game, each looking at it from our own perspective.
And that imho makes this game so great!

Congrats!
DoA - the casual player now has: adj resto, imp ares (or mod), adj mk2 or adj EP41, a106 or imp a105. (If you add his up you get around 10k ped in medium gear). This is new gear. You always had to improve the gear to be able to keep up. In Entropia you do have to (you're not forced tho) to constantly upgrade and evolve. Some can do it without depositing, some deposit a little (10-20 $ once a month), some get it all in one go. Rings were 5k ped not long ago, adj resto was 6k, now 4,8 and still several hundreds sold. Over one million ped in TT sold via AH in BIO ID (over 300 chips worth of BIO ID). All these items constantly devaluated but all of them, used by an average hunter, payed for themselves in savings over the course of few months to a year (savings in markup not payed for L weapons, savings in heal per pec saved, savings in DPP increase > less cost to kill)...

If you were just sarcastic, sorry for not getting the joke, and went the extra mile to explain basics in hunting - but hopefully it helps other new players :D

I thought you promised to ignore me. :p

But, anyway, no, I was not sarcastic, I was actually as serious as possible.

What i was saying was that any items pay for themselves only once you manage to cycle a critical amount of PEDs with them, so if there is a constant deflation then only people affording to cycle quite a lot would manage to get said "payment for themselves" for their items, while someone playing casually (just a few hours per week) would never get to that point, so unless you play/cycle a lot you would end up in a lose-lose situation: either you constantly buy new items and you upgrade your gear, accepting that this means that said items will never pay for themselves before the time for the next upgrade, so you'll end up losing money OR you don't upgrade your gear and then you lose because you fall behind other people.

In my vision, once you invested in an item that item should remain competitive for your level of playing for years to come and not lose much of its value, so the reason to upgrade should be because you want to move to the next level (like hunting bigger mobs), not because you need to constantly invest and upgrade your gear in order to stay competitive at your level and if you won't do it you will just fall behind.

Now, obviously, the game can't be stagnant and new items have to eventually be released (either more of the same type or new ones) to accommodate for the (eventual) grow of player base and keep the ubers something to keep going for, but I think that any such release of new items should be made with very careful consideration and MA shouldn't hurry up throwing new and fancier toys every few months, basically making the old gear obsolete in a matter of months or years.

Last edited:
MA shouldn't hurry up throwing new and fancier toys every few months, basically making the old gear obsolete in a matter of months or years.

I too (and EVERYONE else) would prefer not to loose too much or any value at all on their investments, but, we actually know we will loose when we buy the gear. My gun costed me 40k PED. Now it's several K less and I am OK with that. (this is a matter of perspective actually, I would feel bad if it would crash to tt+10 but not that bad... I still love it).

About new stuff, it makes sense what you're saying but, new content has to be released frequently. New content costs, boxes did good to MA as a business and to the community - a lot of UA that was added to the game as collateral, people were buying boxes for rings and buffs. Hundreds of thousands of PEDs worth of red and blue pills must sit in ppls storage, judging by the amount of boxes people open during seasonal boxes. That is a big plus to MA and a negative thing to the players. All this was a great idea from MA but they need to compensate now. They are adding lesser rings but somehow they still have to make the boxes desirable...
Loot 2.0 changed the game a lot. We all wish it changes to adapt everyone, not crash one side or the other as we need both, badly...

... the casual player now has: adj resto, imp ares (or mod), adj mk2 or adj EP41, a106 or imp a105. (If you add his up you get around 10k ped in medium gear).

Not casual, not average. not at all.

Thank you for clarifying your perspective a little bit, in this and a couple other statements I haven't quoted.

Evey you're showing a hunting rank of 13th right now. Even taking an assumed player base of only 5k players, this puts you in something like the top 3% of the top 1% of players in hunting. Since I don't know you in game at all but only have your forum posts to meet you with, I'm assuming you would refuse to even speak to anyone below that top 1% lol.

In any case it puts you WAY UP into the territory of those that can probably expect to see returns diminished by loot 2.0. Holding up near 93% is still impressive and some say the tides are turning.

I think that, for better or for worse, your opinion is a little bit skewed where the normal 'hard core' gamer looks like a casual to you. Congrats on your success and achievements but this is not normal at all.

Thank you for clarifying your perspective a little bit, in this and a couple other statements I haven't quoted.

Evey you're showing a hunting rank of 13th right now. Even taking an assumed player base of only 5k players, this puts you in something like the top 3% of the top 1% of players in hunting. Since I don't know you in game at all but only have your forum posts to meet you with, I'm assuming you would refuse to even speak to anyone below that top 1% lol.

In any case it puts you WAY UP into the territory of those that can probably expect to see returns diminished by loot 2.0. Holding up near 93% is still impressive and some say the tides are turning.

I think that, for better or for worse, your opinion is a little bit skewed where the normal 'hard core' gamer looks like a casual to you. Congrats on your success and achievements but this is not normal at all.

You would be surprised.

Most hunters -including me- will start to get pissed when other hunters are hunting next to him in a large, empty spawn. Not Eve. I happened to be hunting the same mob as him around oct/nov last year, I knew him by name (forum, etc) but never talked to him or anything.

I also had no gear whatsoever. A small level 50 no-name using his LC-100 or LC-120 Limited depending on MU on them, imp ares and mod hermetic.

After some hours, and entering his radar from time to time, guess what ? He talked (and he started the conversation ofc), to an average random, which was me, just like that. Not asking me to f*ck off his mob or GTFO his radar... just casual talk, being friendly.

It seems to me you're having a flawed image of him, maybe because he's level 100, or has that gear, or does sound harsh on forum every so and then, yet so does everyone...

To get back on the subject, ares imp or even L (since they're tradeable now) is really basic. For the sake of naming good weaponry he named Adj mili and adj MKII, but you can take some L equivalent if that's already too high for your definition, or grab a smaller one UL (L1000, frontier, zero-three...), there's many choices, though few of them are good...
If you thought he listed his gear here... Just check any of the pic in his gallery...

Regards,
Inistae Sephoris.

You would be surprised.

Most hunters -including me- will start to get pissed when other hunters are hunting next to him in a large, empty spawn. Not Eve. I happened to be hunting the same mob as him around oct/nov last year, I knew him by name (forum, etc) but never talked to him or anything.

I also had no gear whatsoever. A small level 50 no-name using his LC-100 or LC-120 Limited depending on MU on them, imp ares and mod hermetic.

After some hours, and entering his radar from time to time, guess what ? He talked (and he started the conversation ofc), to an average random, which was me, just like that. Not asking me to f*ck off his mob or GTFO his radar... just casual talk, being friendly.

It seems to me you're having a flawed image of him, maybe because he's level 100, or has that gear, or does sound harsh on forum every so and then, yet so does everyone...

To get back on the subject, ares imp or even L (since they're tradeable now) is really basic. For the sake of naming good weaponry he named Adj mili and adj MKII, but you can take some L equivalent if that's already too high for your definition, or grab a smaller one UL (L1000, frontier, zero-three...), there's many choices, though few of them are good...
If you thought he listed his gear here... Just check any of the pic in his gallery...

Regards,
Inistae Sephoris.

^^ well hello there :)

Your attitude and achievements have actually impressed me since the day we met. I don't consider you to be average or normal either but very impressive dedication and willingness to do what it takes to prevail. Never met Evey in game as I stated above but with only forum posts to judge by he seems a bit intolerant.

Obviously with Evey's stats that's nothing near the top end of his gear. I would still object to anyone calling either of you 'average' or 'normal'.

I also see with the HUGE SURPRISE of MA posting some actual statistics about loot and returns today, that Evey is probably missing something (not his fault we are all trying to figure it out) in the new system as in light of the published numbers a 93% average is a little low for players at that level.

Who would've thunk it?

EDIT:
Actually it's not impressive at all, rather depressing for such a level:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...298944-Developer-Notes-13-Loot-2-0-Statistics

Yeah I'm still taking that in. Considering those are given as 'averages' and with the number of players that certainly do the gummy bear thing, it seems some players must be doing very well.

In any case glad to see the numbers and already pointed out that I'm reconsidering some of Evey's (and others) statements regarding that data.

Last night was the best night for me in a long time. I am glad I stuck around last night and kept shooting. So far, migration has helped, I'm not sure if I want to change my vote yet, the jury is still out.

I was pretty pissed about post 2.0 when things took a significant dive. I took some advice, logged out, took a break, played some music, got my attitude adjustment, got back in, reluctantly dove in for migration to see how things would go, and haven't been disappointed.

I was worried my Mod Merc got nerfed, but my faith has been restored, for now :handgun:

Good luck everyone :wtg:

Last night was the best night for me in a long time. I am glad I stuck around last night and kept shooting. So far, migration has helped, I'm not sure if I want to change my vote yet, the jury is still out.

I was pretty pissed about post 2.0 when things took a significant dive. I took some advice, logged out, took a break, played some music, got my attitude adjustment, got back in, reluctantly dove in for migration to see how things would go, and haven't been disappointed.

I was worried my Mod Merc got nerfed, but my faith has been restored, for now :handgun:

Heheh gz saw you nice hof ! Well see loot 2.0 is not so bad and you will see in future even , hope for you that lootius will be with you

Reactions: Mac

hey mac,we have bene hunting eomons since friday and the swings are very large,its literally like -6/7k 1 day and then the next day +6/7k

overall i think we are about breakeven,but losing 6-7k in a couple hours is demotivating as hell

hey mac,we have bene hunting eomons since friday and the swings are very large,its literally like -6/7k 1 day and then the next day +6/7k

overall i think we are about breakeven,but losing 6-7k in a couple hours is demotivating as hell

One has to wonder if it is even appropriate for one or two people to be hunting mobs of these magnitude. Not saying you shouldnt be able to but if everyone is doing small mobs and youre soing mobs 5 to 10x higher per dice roll, you have to think the odds are really in the small mob grinder's favor than yours since it is zero sum.

TT my life

Hallo alle i think this is a good place to tell my story for 2.0

Just a little info before the important part. Playing from 7-8 months lvl 53 laser hit 33 lvl evader. Total 1.4k $ depo-( i have only a 500$ gun in my ava now)
I am killing only Longtooth Yong now which are lvl 12 as you all know and sometimes i do atrox yongs and mature. (trying not to hung above my level)

So overall 200-250 $ lost in around 2-3 weeks. Wasnt the new loot was supposed to be better with better returns. Returns will improve. How? I tried with armor, no armor, with healer no healer with kiting no kiting still same foking sht.
I can deff confirm this was the very very bottom of the most ridiculous thing i have ever saw during my playing in tihs so called Entropia Universe. Using Maxed UL adj EP 41 mili adj with amp a106 and its 64 economy doesnt even know what does this means.

So basicly i depo every day 20-30$ and i loose them in about hour or two. ( from a lvl 12 mob)
This is beyong insane scam ( talking from my own experience).
Before loot 2 i was rly happy that somehow MA will managed to do something for us ( newbies) to survive and have fun, but no. Its been worse and its getting worse.

I lost hope and you know that hope dies last.

GL all and take care.

KIT KAT

Hallo alle i think this is a good place to tell my story for 2.0

Just a little info before the important part. Playing from 7-8 months lvl 53 laser hit 33 lvl evader. Total 1.4k $ depo-( i have only a 500$ gun in my ava now)
I am killing only Longtooth Yong now which are lvl 12 as you all know and sometimes i do atrox yongs and mature. (trying not to hung above my level)

So overall 200-250 $ lost in around 2-3 weeks. Wasnt the new loot was supposed to be better with better returns. Returns will improve. How? I tried with armor, no armor, with healer no healer with kiting no kiting still same foking sht.
I can deff confirm this was the very very bottom of the most ridiculous thing i have ever saw during my playing in tihs so called Entropia Universe. Using Maxed UL adj EP 41 mili adj with amp a106 and its 64 economy doesnt even know what does this means.

So basicly i depo every day 20-30$ and i loose them in about hour or two. ( from a lvl 12 mob)
This is beyong insane scam ( talking from my own experience).
Before loot 2 i was rly happy that somehow MA will managed to do something for us ( newbies) to survive and have fun, but no. Its been worse and its getting worse.

I lost hope and you know that hope dies last.

GL all and take care.

KIT KAT
You maybe should stop depositing 20-30 € a day , do 1000€ in a month in a single day , maybe you should upgrade , and if you see that at a mob you lose daily , take a break, change the mob , hunt something big maybe it hunt something small with a lower weapon, maybe you should try a sword . Depositing 300 ped a day and loosin them doesn't help you. You need more ped to have a longer run so your Hunting can have a relevance . It's just like hunting 10 mobs a day and getting 50% return because you didn't had luck to get a global or some decent loot, you lost and you will continuously lose in this way.its not an insane scam , it's just you not knowing how to play or wait no... playing insanely wrong . Sorry

Agreed, I have been up and down quite a bit trying everything from old to old alpha ( only old and above count for silver mission), night before last was harsh.

Last edited:
You maybe should stop depositing 20-30 € a day , do 1000€ in a month in a single day , maybe you should upgrade , and if you see that at a mob you lose daily , take a break, change the mob , hunt something big maybe it hunt something small with a lower weapon, maybe you should try a sword . Depositing 300 ped a day and loosin them doesn't help you. You need more ped to have a longer run so your Hunting can have a relevance . It's just like hunting 10 mobs a day and getting 50% return because you didn't had luck to get a global or some decent loot, you lost and you will continuously lose in this way.its not an insane scam , it's just you not knowing how to play or wait no... playing insanely wrong . Sorry

Well i cant rly depo a lot because of my sallary. I wish i had an endless debit card but life is hard here in Bulgaria.
I do tired all the things you said and i do appreciate your advise and will to help but nothing works brotha- nothing.
I did even went back to berycled lvl 3 and 4 with small gun then with big gun and all the way to proterons yong or mature with buffs no buffs. Same loosing streak doesnt matter what i shoot or what i do they are going down the sink. I hit 1k hof from proteron and the next day all was gone back :D

So the best way will be just to go and play a non money related game.

insane scam no because of rule number one is not to depo money you cannot loose i can loose them but its insane home slot machine.

Thank you again and sorry for my spam sad story.

Cheerse:smoke:

The average hunter. Someone that is hunting a few hours a day... not an hour per week.

If you don't know me at all in game, why would you assume I would ignore you? Did you have bad experiences in the past with high skilled players? Maybe you asked stupid questions? :D Sucks, but life is harsh, not everyone wants to ne best buds, not everyone has to be best buds, especially the ppl you don't know :D
I tend to go afk or just not see a local chat, but not because of the reasons you think, I have 2 kids, job, I multitask and I also got a lot busier in the game than I planned to, rcently
d8LSTEh-TYqLaZKKV_EGIQ.png

either way, after this comment, which has 0 relevance to the topic, I would most likely ignore you in game :D

The average hunter. Someone that is hunting a few hours a day... not an hour per week.

If you don't know me at all in game, why would you assume I would ignore you? Did you have bad experiences in the past with high skilled players? Maybe you asked stupid questions? :D Sucks, but life is harsh, not everyone wants to ne best buds, not everyone has to be best buds, especially the ppl you don't know :D
I tend to go afk or just not see a local chat, but not because of the reasons you think, I have 2 kids, job, I multitask and I also got a lot busier in the game than I planned to, rcently
d8LSTEh-TYqLaZKKV_EGIQ.png

either way, after this comment, which has 0 relevance to the topic, I would most likely ignore you in game :D

LOL I didn't think you would ignore me in game, I've never come across you in game.

As stated, your treatment of others on the forum is - well let's say a bit harsh. This post does nothing to mitigate that judgement.

Use of the term 'normal' can be kicked around but stating that you do not represent the average is simple and clear. You're well up into the top fractions of the top 1% of players in game. How does it offend you when I say that this is 'not average'? Is being considered average important to you? Because your actions indicate that you strive to be better than average.

It's not even your lack of interest in input from normal people that has got me on you. It's your tendency to not only discard, but berate those who you have judged to have lesser value than you based on the desire or ability to throw money at EU. These factors have absolutely nothing to do with an individual's ability to understand math, statistics, or the bounds of a computer simulation in real life.

Thanks for hammering that point home and if you need to pre-ignore me in game my full avatar name is in the sidebar.

Happy Hunting!

Reactions: DoA

It is hard to throw more money when you are losing you butt. Kind of trying to get out of debt by borrowing more money. I know his frustration as I have been going through the same thing but I just keep getting smaller and smaller mobs where you can kill many for a few ped until you feel your luck is changing. Like I have said so many times I like to play and I am far past another 5 digit HOF so I go smaller. I get just as happy with a 10 led global as I do any other and usually when I get one it 20 to 50% of the outlay for that hunt.

I say to him hang in there and go smaller and just have fun.

Back