Do you get any kind of recognizion for...

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
...getting a mentor and graduating? Like is there even a star by the skill you graduated, or anything different from never having a mentor at all?

Also, can you do the chipping that goes away when you get a mentor after you graduate?

...getting a mentor and graduating? Like is there even a star by the skill you graduated, or anything different from never having a mentor at all?

Also, can you do the chipping that goes away when you get a mentor after you graduate?

for graduating, you get nothing, but the advice and friendship your mentor has given you along the way.

Once you have graduated, you are free to chip in or out as you please.

just don't get a mentor...

Many folks, such as myself got past graduation time without any mentors. If you follow this path, I think you may be able to use chips before they want you to use them, which might make finding tps easier since you can jump.

You should ask all the questions you have been asking here to a (potential) mentor, or use the search function, in my opinion.

Many folks, such as myself got past graduation time without any mentors. If you follow this path, I think you may be able to use chips before they want you to use them, which might make finding tps easier since you can jump.

Thats a totally different kind of chip - you can insert those whether u have a mentor or not. It is only skill chips you cannot use until graduation.

I stand to be corrected but iirc I had a tp chip before I graduated. I think the restriction only applies to skill chips.

You can choose to not having a mentor, you will then be able to chip in or out skills whenever you want :wise:

When it comes to TP, healing, focus and thoose kind of chips you can use this whenever you want, regardless if you have a mentor or not :)

If I read your text correctly you were asking if you could have a mentor after chipping in skills? If that was what you were asking, then no. After you reach a certain percentage of one of the graduation skills (10% if I'm not wrong here, pls correct me), then you are unable to get a mentor.

And as you've already gone through $15 I doubt very much that you would be able to have a mentor now anyway.

You can also join our society which is mainly a mentoring society, but also takes in ppl who :

- have too much skills already to become a disciple
- do not want to be a disciple, but still want to be treated as a disciple

we also accept mentors ofcourse, but that is besides the point.

The point is: there is no necessity to become a disciple to have the same right at information and help. I am sure there are many more societies like ours where something similar is offered.

On the other hand, for a mentor to have a real disciple, it is easier to give out some freebies or some rounds of ammo, because you have a closer relationship with a "true" disciple.

I kind of wish I hadn't gotten a mentor. Now I can't do chipipng, but I haven't seen her for like a month, so I'm also not getting guidance. :-/ My advice is to just find a good soc that can mentor you themselves, but keep yourself officially mentorless.

The advantage of a mentor is basically a more personal possibility for advice and help ofc if the mentor is good
that could make quite some things way easier and especially get you the idea how to do what more effeciently, which can save quite some cash

that just applies ofc if the mentor doesn't suck or isn't there :D

what i don't understand is that the chipping is often seen as a drawback
most fresh spawned newbies shouldn't chip really, that can get pretty expensive towards skills which won't have a reason, except you got quite some advice there

also, if you have the cash for chipping in to a considerable level which gives you an advantage over natural skilling, you likely have the cash to skill it normally and graduate, even graduate fast if you put some of that cash towards ore mining say with amps

from the mentor point of view, it is a great achievement to actually find a graduater, which is why i basically mentor officially
i help newbies that aren't my disciples too, but i see it as a challenge to find a graduater and take the mentor thing quite serious with advice etc

so from my point of view it is worth having a mentor (at least me :silly2:) and i really doubt that not being able to chip skills is such a big disadvantage
you skill very very fast to graduation level if you have the peds in the hunter and mining professions, which is what 70% of the newbies want to go into, if not more
for crafters i could understand the chipping at least

but still, if you got the cash to chip crafting skills to a useful level, i doubt the (compared) few peds to graduate would really matter if you would make the mentor happy
if he helped you you might understand that ;)

i got quite some offers for gifts from non official disciples who had loved to be an official, but who i helped, after they reached graduation skills
although i am not after gifts but for the "graduater" itself, thats a more rare thing :D

as to Mindforce chips

you CAN use heal, focus, nerveblast, firestorm chips etc.
there is even a simply reason why
"concentration" is a graduation skill
the only other way to get concentration is via sweating
and graduation via sweating is quite, err, hard :)
so far i just know of one person who did it and she was even my disciple
although towards the end there was some nerve blasting too :D
still, not much, basically sweating

Back