Votes: 54 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 38.9%
  • I dont know

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • I dont care

Votes: 16 12.7%

• Total voters
If you dont want others' opinions, maybe your poll should have only had 1 option.

Reactions: EMW
If you dont want others' opinions, maybe your poll should have only had 1 option.

I do want other people's opinion, except I want it on this topic.. some of this other stuff, we might as well be talking about UFO sightings, sasquatch, and chupacabra because none of it has anything to do with the topic of the thread or the poll.

I dont always want to be at the edge of the mob spawn. Sometimes I prefer to kill the whole spawn, other times Ill target specific mobs in the spawn for specific reasons.

Mesh, you dont hunt, ever.. dont give me advice on how to hunt.

So to summarise... you're hunting like a retard, crashing into areas where there are likely to be heaps of respawns/ wandering mobs, and instead of listening to the advice of fellow entropians which would solve your problem you are discounting their opinion because of their stats on the tracker?

:dunce:

If you're going to make a thread to solicit the opinions of others you should at least pretend to listen to what they are telling you. Then if you chose to ignore it (even though they are right) it's your own problem. I don't think Mindark should change the way the game is to suit your stupid play style

I do want other people's opinion, except I want it on this topic.. some of this other stuff, we might as well be talking about UFO sightings, sasquatch, and chupacabra.

Not really since you have put everyone down who has had another option or for some reason showing their EL stats thinking that means anything since it seems you are more of an AFK hunter in that you like to shoot the mobs that do nothing but stand still so you can grind them all day long in hopes for that ATH. Yes, I guess that is fun..but well, I have always liked a little more action with, yes before you say it, low lvl mobs that agro on me and make me have to think how I can get them not to agro on me as much.

So to summarise... you're hunting like a retard, crashing into areas where there are likely to be heaps of respawns/ wandering mobs, and instead of listening to the advice of fellow entropians which would solve your problem you are discounting their opinion because of their stats on the tracker?

:dunce:

If you're going to make a thread to solicit the opinions of others you should at least pretend to listen to what they are telling you. Then if you chose to ignore it (even though they are right) it's your own problem. I don't think Mindark should change the way the game is to suit your stupid play style

Addz, you must run a lot of stop signs because your reading comprehension level is really fucking low.

What I've been saying over and over here, yet you fail to understand, is that "advice" from people such as yourself who barely hunt and are arrogant know-it-alls, does not apply and/or it does not solve the problem.

Not really since you have put everyone down who has had another option or for some reason showing their EL stats thinking that means anything since it seems you are more of an AFK hunter in that you like to shoot the mobs that do nothing but stand still so you can grind them all day long in hopes for that ATH. Yes, I guess that is fun..but well, I have always liked a little more action with, yes before you say it, low lvl mobs that agro on me and make me have to think how I can get them not to agro on me as much.

Well excuse me but I'm trying to have a discussion about a specific topic here. I really dont care to hear theoretical "advice" from people who dont even understand the subject matter.

Yes this issue is very irritating. More so on some mob spawns than others.

I'm guessing the people who voted "No" haven't hunted mobs big enough to experience this problem or they are just plain :dunce: and like a few extra ped armor decay for no reason

I voted no simply because of the OP's 'discussionary tactics'

I voted no simply because of the OP's 'discussionary tactics'

Great.. now put my "tactics" and lack of patience with some people in this thread into context and consider the back story between some of these people and myself.

But with you specifically... Its a little bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

yes. pay the eff attention. it makes me laugh.

you dont know me. quit assuming. it makes an ass out of me (questionable) and u.

cheers

edit: oh, and uh, fuck you too.

I laugh at all of these types of threads. seriously....pay the EFF attention

I have no patience for arrogant condescending people. None.

Last edited:
Yes this issue is very irritating. More so on some mob spawns than others.

I'm guessing the people who voted "No" haven't hunted mobs big enough to experience this problem or they are just plain :dunce: and like a few extra ped armor decay for no reason

Absolutely.

I would not be bothered (or less bothered) if i had 2 exaro or argo on me.

Taste it with 1-2 more LT or eomon, and you'll know the feeling.... (and this over and over during your hunt session)...

Yeah a real pain, an even more when you realise the mob-models have been designed in this purpose...

Max HardWrath Mayhem is a member of Apocalyptic

Berycled Young 13 PED Wed, 28 May 2014 02:05:49

You mean this mob stalked up on you? NOOB!

Oh oh oh oh do me next! ...... Wait ...:scratch2:... that didn't come out right! :eyecrazy:

Oh oh oh oh do me next! ...... Wait ...:scratch2:... that didn't come out right! :eyecrazy:

Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,2) 128 PED

You hunt mobs that are impossible to find! I don't dare to speak to you, mighty uber finder of impossible mobs

(bows in awe)

Apparently I don't hunt, excuse me for a minute while a page a surgical consult to remove HardWrath's head from his ass.

Just because I may hunt less than you do doesn't mean that I'm not hunting the same types of mobs as you are, nor does that make what I say any less valid. Seems like your most fulfilling conversations are between yourself and a mirror, at least nobody there will disagree with you.

The fact that you chose to not address any of the points I made about your hunting style and instead chose to address my comments by attacking my reading comprehension just shows that you really aren't interested in hearing anything but the "yes men" who are going to agree with what you say.

Seriously don't even make topics or put more than 1 option in your polls if you're going to do shit like this.

Apparently I don't hunt, excuse me for a minute while a page a surgical consult to remove HardWrath's head from his ass.

Just because I may hunt less than you do doesn't mean that I'm not hunting the same types of mobs as you are, nor does that make what I say any less valid. Seems like your most fulfilling conversations are between yourself and a mirror, at least nobody there will disagree with you.

The fact that you chose to not address any of the points I made about your hunting style and instead chose to address my comments by attacking my reading comprehension just shows that you really aren't interested in hearing anything but the "yes men" who are going to agree with what you say.

Seriously don't even make topics or put more than 1 option in your polls if you're going to do shit like this.

As I already pointed out, your post was full of erroneous assumptions. I'm not going to sit here and correct you on everything... or anything for that matter.

My hunting style is just fine and I dont need (or want) your advice.

Moreover, since your hunting globals for the current VU are ONLY on migration mobs, how could you possibly know the difference in other mobs now versus the last VU? As a matter of fact, you just returned to the game after a long long break.

As I already pointed out, your post was full of erroneous assumptions. I'm not going to sit here and correct you on everything... or anything for that matter.

My hunting style is just fine and I dont need (or want) your advice.

Moreover, since your hunting globals for the current VU are ONLY on migration mobs, how could you possibly know the difference in other mobs now versus the last VU? As a matter of fact, you just returned to the game after a long long break.

Since I apparently know nothing and never hunt the following proposition should be a no brainer for you.

Tell me exactly what mobs you are hunting and where, ill go make a video of me hunting those mobs for at least an hour and ill never pull more than 2. Then you promise to bugger off and stop complaining about this forever, and never make another bullshit thread like this again. If I cant deliver ill never post in one of your threads again. Deal?

Since I apparently know nothing and never hunt the following proposition should be a no brainer for you.

Tell me exactly what mobs you are hunting and where, ill go make a video of me hunting those mobs for at least an hour and ill never pull more than 2. Then you promise to bugger off and stop complaining about this forever, and never make another bullshit thread like this again. If I cant deliver ill never post in one of your threads again. Deal?

Beyond taking a few seconds to reply to your posts, Im not going to waste my time on you. Its pointless simply because you fail to grasp what the topic of this thread is.

The topic of the thread has NOTHING to do with hunting styles. What we are talking about here is a change that was made.... it doesn't matter if you are in the middle of the spawn or on the edge.. it doesn't matter how much DPS you have, or what kind of range your weapon is. None of that matters.

Beyond taking a few seconds to reply to your posts, Im not going to waste my time on you. Its pointless simply because you fail to grasp what the topic of this thread is.

The topic of the thread has NOTHING to do with hunting styles. What we are talking about here is a change that was made.... it doesn't matter if you are in the middle of the spawn or on the edge.. it doesn't matter how much DPS you have, or what kind of range your weapon is. None of that matters.

First of all :chicken:

It does matter, we're acknowledging that a change was made. But rather than complaining about it we're looking at your play style and trying to find ways around the change.

If you don't want to listen that's fine. But IMO taking a proactive stance and changing your play style to adapt to the changing conditions is a far more effective way to deal with things than making a thread bitching and whining about. Clearly from past experience you would know the chances of MA changing this back the way you want is less than 1%

If you don't want to listen that's fine.

May be you should learn to read before expecting people to listen to you.

You did the right quote above, but did you read at least ?

One thing that happened yesterday I didn't like too much was mobs in a wave(!) spawning next to me.

With limited ammo supply, I shot at a longtooth stalker at the edge of the wave. Then all of a sudden, two more longtooth stalkers appeared next to it.

Imho, this shouldn't happen in a wave spawn.

(For me, killing a longtooth stalker takes sometime, and as the fap I have right now isn't really eco I don't like excessive fapping. And when the third started to attack, I more or less gave upp, having the armor I have.)

Noticed recently that as soon as I target a mob and turn auto-use on and my avatar starts moving toward the mob to get in range the mobs instantly start to walk away. With how auto-use works you slow to a walk when getting close to in range to attack for either ranged or melee. So with the slow walk the mob is doing away you just keep walking....slowly........slowly......slowly walking. Not attacking. It gets very irritating when you are getting that happen every single mob. Either the auto-use needs to be adjusted to stop the slow walk before the range is close enough or the mobs need to stop constantly walking away when you get close to them.:eyecrazy:

One thing that happened yesterday I didn't like too much was mobs in a wave(!) spawning next to me.

With limited ammo supply, I shot at a longtooth stalker at the edge of the wave. Then all of a sudden, two more longtooth stalkers appeared next to it.

Imho, this shouldn't happen in a wave spawn.

(For me, killing a longtooth stalker takes sometime, and as the fap I have right now isn't really eco I don't like excessive fapping. And when the third started to attack, I more or less gave upp, having the armor I have.)

The wandering mob problem is excessive with the shared loot Longtooth spawn.

I'm a melee hunter so during the wave spawns I'm doing my own thing away from the group of people. After each wave, I make a point to run outside of the event area, otherwise I'll have to deal with 3-5 Longtooth... We aren't talking about the little ones here.

The other day I was there, on the other side of the spawn was about 15 hunters, and then I was solo on the side opposite from them. One of the last waves started and I was working on 2 LT when I noticed the entire spawn, not just a few, but the entire spawn started moving away from me... The whole spawn literally moved together at once, flooded the group of 15 hunters, killed almost all of them, and then all of the Longtooth wandered back to the center.

Nope don't hate it..... dislike it maybe.

Sure it would be fun to have all mobs stationary, no ninja spawns etc. But while were at it, hills are annoying too, so are trees and bushes that get in the way, these make it harder for me to use my max distance and eco as well.

If you keep trying to go for what's easy, you'll end up in a square box, perfectly flat ground with no visual stimulus clicking a slot machine.
Economy wise and when in my grinding mode I'd of course prefer the above scenario due to the fact that I'd get the most bang for my buck.
But it'd get boring quickly... It already is a bit too easy with the super spawns as of late (IE Feffox).
To where your just set autoshoot on and just flip your crosshairs between mobs.

Back in my day (read this in an old grandpa talking about the golden days voice), you actually hunted, usually you had to run a radar between mobs sometime. Some like longu desert where they had 4 longu's surrounded by about 100 merps. Hunters would have to run the merps off but leave the 4 longu's to have a hunting area.
And we would hunt those 4 longu's having to run around and find the respawn inbetween kills.
(or 1 Tantardion xD)

Now we have super spawns, hunting profession kind of turned into the grinding profession, it just doesn't require thought anymore.

Even though I'd prefer to save every pec I can when hunting, I see mobs roaming around and coming on you mid kill is part of hunting, its a natural occurrence that provides some thrill, maybe a bit of challenge or unexpectedness to the grind.
IMO mobs don't move enough / need more AI, as much as it would suck to hunt smarter mobs, It'd make it a lot less boring. I'd like aggressive mobs, mobs that would help out fellow mobs, mobs that move in packs, so you would actually have to start dodging some slow moving swarms.
Some other variables to consider when selecting a mob besides how much hp does it have and how much dmg does it do.

I've killed feffox's of all maturities, its easy to avoid roamers, again what some other people pointed out, hunting smart does matter. I can do 4k ped of ammo on big feffox and only ever find myself getting hit by more than one due to roaming is maybe a total of 3 or 4 times the entire hunt.

TL'DR: No I do not hate wandering mobs, I think they should wander more / act smarter.

PS: Everyone is welcome to check my Entropialife to confirm I have indeed hunted big feffox's :p

Valid points Da... It enhanced AI does make it more dynamic.

The problem for me is I'm usually multi tasking.... Soc chat, juggling PMs, etc.

I thought people wanted more realism, animals irl don't stay static they have to move around to gather food.

And ninja mobs are a different problem. And Da has a point, it started with the sweat camps where mobs where the spawn was in the middle of the area although we did have super spawns of atrax in the middle of Calypso.

One thing I've noticed: when I'm mining along the edge of a mob spawn (I do so often), mobs tend to wander away from me. I guess they're programmed not to leave the spawn area and hence have only one way to go. So if you're just outside of a spawn, you're pretty much safe.

As for increased resource consumption, not sure about it. I'm playing on a low-end system and haven't noticed much change. Sure, 50+ mobs on radar induce some lag, but it's always been that way.

And finally, there might be some connection between increased wandering and ninja spawns, after all. Since the change I've been spotting unreachable mobs more often, including areas where this wasn't a problem before. So at least some of 'ninja spawns' might in fact be unreachable mobs teleported around.

edit: voted idk - not yet sure of all consequences of the change

Ohh a challenge, everyone loves to see a challenge... C'mon HW, do it... In fact you don't actually have to DO anything, just tell addz what mobs and where and he will do all the hard work for you. BONUS! :yay:

The problem for me is I'm usually multi tasking.... Soc chat, juggling PMs, etc.

Maybe, as others pointed out, you need to change your style with the game.

Adapt and survive.

Oh, and

ME said:
Pay the EFF attention

:thumbup:

I agree this new mob AI is a bit over the top, annoying and expensive.

Not all mobs seem to have the updated AI, as many still just stand around, or perhaps do only slightly more wandering than before. The mobs that are affected move way too much imo especially those that have fast run speed, to the point that it does feel like a feature designed to increase defensive costs.

And yes I also get the ninja spawns that seem to be agro'd on me already when they appear. Oratan are a good example for this, since they have very low agro range the change was quite noticeable. Before VU it was very rare to get agro'd on by 'new' mobs spawning around me, and even more rare for an existing mob to wander into my agro range. Now when a new mob spawns it will usually be right next to me and already attacking. Or if it does spawn outside agro range, it will soon wander into agro range, as if programmed to do so (ie not random movement)

So I feel your pain, though perhaps less pain because I prefer to hunt smaller mobs. ;) But regardless of the HP of the mob you are hunting, if this is happening to you none stop during your hunting run, it is NOT fun.

I know exactly what you are talking about.
The mobs are moving too much , too quick.

I just came back from Vacation and did a few LT on the shared.

Before I can kill the one on me, 3 others are already eating me ( and I use a >100 meter main gun)

I like to drag health bars for the next 2 or 3 mobs im gonna kill, and while I kill one the next one is sometimes out of my tagger range!

It can be annoying. With 100m agro mobs it sometimes isn't enough to tag and walk back 50m because they will wander within agro range.

However if you fly into the middle of a spawn, you can expect to attract some attention, even if other hunters aren't in the area killing things so they spawn on you. It's not easy with today's spawns to find a totally clear area.

Tbh it's alright, mobs used to roam a bit back in the day anyway. It should end with this though, after seeing what constitutes as AI in EU at the smuggler event lol. The game is laggy enough as it is.

I miss the old small spawns, especially when it comes to araneatrox.

A lot of immersion has gone missing. I'm glad they don't have all those real world adverts now because that really ruined immersion.

At the end of the day, don't fly into the middle of a spawn and not expect to get attacked by respawns. The existing mobs there might roam enough for you to have to worry about respawns as well.

Back