• Total voters

Alex Mart

Dominant
Society
Natural Born Killers
Alex Prot Mart
Lets discus :scratch2:

Aren't we already? Ho! Ho! Ho! ...

jk/ Yes, I always wanted to test games for a living! If that's what you meant and wanted to discuss!

The things is, being a tester is not just full joy playing around all day. It requires patience, time and structure!

But yes, still would be very interesting!

Or .. DID you mean, we are already?:silly2:

And I like Beer ... GIIEV BEER!

Yes I think EU in beta stage now. As I know, they not spent any money on advertising yet, because product is not ready. But we test it and have SGA items in loot as a compensation.

Yes I think EU in beta stage now. As I know, they not spent any money on advertising yet, because product is not ready. But we test it and have SGA items in loot as a compensation.

Interesting thought :) But I do not believe MA is not advertising because they think we are still in BETA - but because new VU is not all done and finish - and hey, if people advertise for you, why spend those money? (jk ... I work with marketing, and I know that one thing you should never try and save money on is advertising ... )

It's more than okay with Beer:yay:

... Wait what were we discusing?:scratch2:

Interesting thought :) But I do not believe MA is not advertising because they think we are still in BETA - but because new VU is not all done and finish - and hey, if people advertise for you, why spend those money? (jk ... I work with marketing, and I know that one thing you should never try and save money on is advertising ... )

Absolutely, the trick is to advertise and pay for services rendered via those who deliver:)

All your Beer are belong to me!

Whatever rock you live under.

let us know so we can blow it the ***** away -.-"

Whatever rock you live under.

let us know so we can blow it the ***** away -.-"

Very clever answer. Thank you.

no I mean.. Beta?

I take it you mean that your playing now as beta still as an excuse to whine about how EU is in the current situation.

1. EU atm isent in beta, its live, theres an huge difference there.

2. less than 10% of the EU community know how to proper Beta testing goes.
by that I mean the majority who say they want to beta test and so on only want to do so because they want to play the game before everyone else, whining about bugs usually shouting at the support.

3. very few people know how to fill in an bug report in the proper way to.

if you would have said "Would you have liked to be a" instead you would be more accurate and adding some more text to in the first post as its atm just one line and has nothing related to hunting neither.

but complaining that its in beta still, amazing, yes theres still bugs, but it's far from what it was.

no I mean.. Beta?

I take it you mean that your playing now as beta still as an excuse to whine about how EU is in the current situation.

1. EU atm isent in beta, its live, theres an huge difference there.

2. less than 10% of the EU community know how to proper Beta testing goes.
by that I mean the majority who say they want to beta test and so on only want to do so because they want to play the game before everyone else, whining about bugs usually shouting at the support.

3. very few people know how to fill in an bug report in the proper way to.

if you would have said "Would you have liked to be a" instead you would be more accurate and adding some more text to in the first post as its atm just one line and has nothing related to hunting neither.

but complaining that its in beta still, amazing, yes theres still bugs, but it's far from what it was.

Do you remember first days after vu10 is out, when you almost always
tp under the ground breathed with bubbles and have 1000s others major and minor bugs?

Btw, I don't mean that we all like professional testers and
not speak any bad or something to insult me like you did when negrep me.
Not very constructive from your side.

Do you remember first days after vu10 is out, when you almost always
tp under the ground breathed with bubbles and have 1000s others major and minor bugs?

Btw, I don't mean that we all like professional testers and
not speak any bad or something to insult me like you did when negrep me.
Not very constructive from your side.

sometimes idiocy in mankind makes me want to forever faceplant.

and yes I remember that, but unlike most I didn't get flying mad and was 2 seconds from getting a shotgun, going to sweden to kill off MA as most people seemed to do.

and the fact that everyone think they know the best since most of them have played -one- mmo and base all their knowledge about games around EU and only EU, and launching an perfect update has never really happened in any game, not even "the greatest of them all that I shall not mention" most seem to compare eu like that with Console games, Xbox games, ps3 games etc which obviously will have less flaws..

the bigger companies that make the games are the less bugs etc will be found, more beta testers = more bugs found.

another thing some games have before most patches even minor ones are test servers, for EU i dont really see how that would work as its onelayerserver only but if MA did make one giving everyone 10k peds, angel or shadow and some uber weapons, would have no use as you cant depo nor withdraw from test servers, you can only run around and test. optional for every player if so, that way MA would take some stress away having us find the bigger bugs and major flaws before patches are launched making it less flawed when it does go live.

people need to snap out of mushroom land sometimes.

... another thing some games have before most patches even minor ones are test servers, for EU i dont really see how that would work as its onelayerserver only but if MA did make one giving everyone 10k peds, angel or shadow and some uber weapons, would have no use as you cant depo nor withdraw from test servers, you can only run around and test. optional for every player if so, that way MA would take some stress away having us find the bigger bugs and major flaws before patches are launched making it less flawed when it does go live...
1. So... are you saying that EU cannot be tested?
2. How do you know MA/FPC is a "onelayerserver"?
3. What does Angel or Shadow armor have to do with testing? :scratch2: Did anyone complained that their Shadow is bugged?

... and the fact that everyone think they know the best since most of them have played -one- mmo and base all their knowledge about games around EU and only EU...
I know this will come as a huge surprise for you, but not all EU players are idiots, and not everyone is under 12 years old. Heck... some even have 10 years or so experience in software testing ;), or other various IT disciplines.

... sometimes idiocy in mankind makes me want to forever faceplant.

...people need to snap out of mushroom land sometimes.
Absolutely; however, you might want to take on your own advice for a change.

its always nice to discus about beer :)

1. So... are you saying that EU cannot be tested?
2. How do you know MA/FPC is a "onelayerserver"?
3. What does Angel or Shadow armor have to do with testing? :scratch2: Did anyone complained that their Shadow is bugged?

Obviously you should read my post.

1. ofc i can be tested, and it should be tested in better ways than it is. you should have seen this if you read my post.

2. Common knowledge? theres not different servers you log into. IE you dont log onto EU and you access Server 1, and log out to log into server 2 on another avatar. nor are you able to choose wich layer you want to be logged in on, IE, you are at ithaca hunting trox, to be gone with the flood of people on your server you decide to instead of beeing on server layer 1 you just jump over to server layer 2. this is things that are very hard to do due to WoF and other events. as EU is layered you simply run from one "server" to "another" now and then as if they are all on different boxes, but its all on the same layer

3. with angel or shadow you will be able to access most of the games content without problems... you failed to realise that you cant test all of the games content running around in pixie. to be able to test everything you'd need the uber gear. and having only ubers with uber gear running around testing you wont reach the full broad of whats available. with everyone running around testing you access everything and more players can access every level of content. that way not only star, joda and stryker will be testing big dasp for example. an test server avatar should be something similar to an MA avatar...

I know this will come as a huge surprise for you, but not all EU players are idiots, and not everyone is under 12 years old. Heck... some even have 10 years or so experience in software testing , or other various IT disciplines.

As I said and have said several times before, not everyone is retards. and it doesn't mater if someone has 10 years or 6 years, I personally got just over 6 years of beta testing of games behind me. am i en expert? no. can I alone find EVERYTHING wrong in a game alone? obviously not. but if you cared to take a look around EF and look a all the godshite stupid support cases people send in, then get an retarded answer and whine about it here on EF you can see some examples of just how bad it is. I feel sorry for MA and their support team, and ive yet to have an bad auto answer from them, and they always answer cases in 1 day or less. is it because its me? or is it because I actually write an proper support case? it can't be me as well.. its me, so it must be that I know how to write the cases? most people don't. bad English is no excuse there as neither am I perfect in my English.

... sometimes idiocy in mankind makes me want to forever face plant.

...people need to snap out of mushroom land sometimes.

OK? so since I am actually openly forcing bugs and writing full and proper reports on where, when and how I find them? like duping bug in vu10 that I'm sure few knew off? and several others.. normal reaction of someone playing EU finding a bug is:

player 1 TP's to some random TP and gets stuck in the tp.

he will rage, whine and yell at how awfull EU and the game is, some cases make an ef post about it, but he will also send SEVERAL support cases wich usually are just surface supports not explaining anything others than theres a TP that is bugged. people dont realise that the more they encourage sending the same case several times they slow down everything.

like the chat being completely ******** and seemingly nothing is happening, they've known about it for some time and most likely are working on it.

then you have those who claim they are programmers and that they could do it alot better than MA, well go ahead, make a game like EU and do it better.

People think only of them self and never anyone else. in most peoples worlds they are god, no one are better than them, absolutely nothing can tell them what to do as they will only live in their own demigod worlds.

to the OP'er..

Seems that some have jumped to many conclusions about your thread.. as far as i can see it's not related to EU directly especially as it's in the off topic section, so no need for mika to be so nasty and spiteful.

If this is the case (or not the case) please could you be specific about the threads' intentions.. the OP is a little half arsed imho ;)

to the OP'er..

Seems that some have jumped to many conclusions about your thread.. as far as i can see it's not related to EU directly especially as it's in the off topic section, so no need for mika to be so nasty and spiteful.

If this is the case (or not the case) please could you be specific about the threads' intentions.. the OP is a little half arsed imho ;)

I reported it seeing it as spam. and he says its aimed towards eu here:

I dont hate or want to attack anyone as it may seem.. personally just tired of moaning people, which only deserve a foot up a place where the sun never shines. critisism is not the same as moaning btw.

I reported it seeing it as spam. and he says its aimed towards eu here:

I dont hate or want to attack anyone as it may seem.. personally just tired of moaning people, which only deserve a foot up a place where the sun never shines. critisism is not the same as moaning btw.

:) i meant it in humour.. neglected to add an emote.. i don't think your a nasty person.. and as i also say, the OP should be less half arsed in the first post instead of waiting and/or baiting people to guess he means EU. ;)

and maybe have the sense to place it in a relevant forum section?

I posted my response as an almost direct response to threads' question without reading the first page of replies.. then afterwards i read them......First impression after that was it's a way to get other people to do the complaining for him. :p

If the OP meant beta testing in general for any game then please say so and stop being so vague :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I beta tested afterworld, got alot of awesome stuff, they made a new version and all my work was lost. :(

Back