Question: Do you like to see normal small globals posted in HOF forum?

Do you like to see normal small globals posted in HOF forum?

• Yes

Votes: 37 33.9%
  • No

Votes: 72 66.1%

• Total voters

byubi

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
uzumaki byubi naruto
I dont understand why ppl post those all the time. why would anyone wanna see a 50ped of oil drop from an atrox young?
picture.php

I check the HOF forum everyday, its a good way to see which items are still droping, and its the only chance i have to see some amazing loot windows. I dont like to see very normal oily small globals, and to make things worse, those threads usually come with 3 pages of useless gratzing posts to keep them bumped.
picture.php

I like small globals threads if they have somthing special, like a good/funny story or if its someone's first global.

Yep they are boring. The only reason to post in them is to get posts. I don't even put a Gratz on them.

On the other hand if there is a 50 ped global and its a jag harness it's another thing:)

need to make nOOb selection for globals :) I can understad when it is your first one and you so happy to share to all :laugh:

Couldnt agree more, it's totally pointless to post anythign less than an uber, unless it has a very nice item in it.

i dissagree i see no problem with people posting them its what the section is for and if i do not feel like looking at them then i just do not open that thread

sometimes i look to see what dropped
i look to see what gun they were using and what armor so if i choose to hunt that mob then i know what works well for others so base my descions on what others use

see no harm no foul in letting the globals be posted

I dont understand why ppl post those all the time.

I think people do it to increase their "achievement count"

IMO only HoFs, with the exception of firsts, should be posted.

Ive posted my first solo hunting and first solo mining globals ... and thats it. Normal every day globals shouldnt be on tehre.

You have seen how fast the globals tick over in game. Can you immagine if everyone posted every small global they ever got? Madness.

I don't mind it in the slightest :)

I think it is great that people get excited about their globals and achievements, no matter how large or small they are.

Just because you guys are jaded to what you consider now to be minor things, does not mean that others share your experience.

If it annoys you, then don't look, you can even turn them off in your View New posts etc.

there is a simple solution.

displaying average fame per achievement instead of total gratz count. it would quickly discourage spammers. ;)

FYI: average fame of posters to this thread:
byubi: 79.5
Slippery: n/a
Arthurs: 43.5
Legion: 31.5
Dragger: 24.3
Cyberpunk: 45.6
addz: 53
safara: 25.6
Drave Robber: 77.8
Futurama: 79.0

Last edited:
For a player who plays Entropia for a few days/a week to get his first global from berry or something similar is very special. Fact that you (not meaning anyone in particular) global everyday doesn`t mean everybody does so everyone experiences it differently.

everyone deserves to publish its own achivement, if it bores the ubers then request 711 to open a new category but remember when you posted your 50 or 70 ped global that make your hearth run when you where noob :silly2:

For some it might be very rare to global, and they see it as an achievement, for others it might be for some attention.
There is nothing wrong to use the forum as it was meant to be is it?

For a player who plays Entropia for a few days/a week to get his first global from berry or something similar is very special. Fact that you (not meaning anyone in particular) global everyday doesn`t mean everybody does so everyone experiences it differently.

Yeh I agree. SOmtime a global can have more meanings than an ATH....

Achievement and glorry is relative. Someone who camped trox for years and finaly gets a global that is a great achievement :)))))))

Wel you kknow what I mean, try hunt mobs with 5 ~ 10 ped a day , see how many global you will get.

I voted Yes as the option I wanted was not included. People getting their first (or indeed exceptionally large) global should not be discourage from posting. Even if it is just animal hide, it would be nice to post a Global (not HoF) of several hundred PED, just so that people could see that large globals can be had. I posted my first crafting global of 120 PED (though not my first hunting global) which just contained 1 stool and an awful lot of residue. Nothing exciting there, but it was exciting for me. I will also post my first HoF if and when I get one (Knowing my luck it will probably be smaller than my crafting global).

need to make nOOb selection for globals :) I can understad when it is your first one and you so happy to share to all :laugh:

yes np in posting a first timer or like what someone else said with nice items
but posting crappy 50 peds globals over and over is pointless

i normally only check the uberloots section but even there some ppl post their 50 pedders

i posted a long time ago in uberloots section no reason to post their recently

:mad: :mad: @ MA

I think you should be allowed to post any ammounted globals, there are probably people on there who gratz others all the time, and then once in a while, get a global and it's there turn to feel special :D

Although... maybe a separate page for them may be nice :D

i post almost all of mine... but i don't get that many, and have managed about a year in between them at one stage.

So, i like to post them, just to remind myself that i am getting loot after all.:D

Stinky:yay:

As was said - if it's of no interest, don't even open the thread.
It's been a while since I posted any global, there's been nothing worth getting excited about recently. My most notable one was 195 PED of Emik T10 and a 1 pec Longu claw - just for the difference in value of the two items in the loot window

First global, first global on a mob that was previously too tough, or a global on an unusual mob or with an unusual item - I'll post those if and when they happen. Otherwise - cba.

There's no point in limiting the threads there to new #1 ATHs only. Let everybody post their global if it makes him/her happy. They don't give EFDs anyway so this isn't to make some folks richer.

I will definitely post my third global and/or first HOF once it comes in :yay:...

Not everyone is skilling up quickly and taking on bigger and higher paying mobs, there are plenty of people who don't deposit, or are new, or who depo very little, for whom a 50 pedder Is a big deal, and good on em I say...

They can post em if they want, you are'nt forced to Gratz them, or even click on the post...

I wish I still got excited by the 50 pedders...

there is a simple solution.

displaying average fame per achievement instead of total gratz count. it would quickly discourage spammers. ;)

FYI: average fame of posters to this thread:
byubi: 79.5
Slippery: n/a
Arthurs: 43.5
Legion: 31.5
Dragger: 24.3
Cyberpunk: 45.6
addz: 53
safara: 25.6
Drave Robber: 77.8
Futurama: 79.0

Sadly Drave I think this is a bad idea. It wouldn't just discourage spammers, it would discourage people from posting Anything other than Achievements, so in the end it would actually make the situation you're trying to curb even worse...

What about people who make lots of useful information-rich posts, but don't post their globals and HoFs? Their "average fame per post" is gonna be practically non-existant. It takes a small amount of thought to realise that you actually Want a low score in the above list...

Isn't HoF section for HoF's and not globals?
I posted once and that was my first and only HoF, 133ped lyterian dust #100 HoF list for 5min or so lol (exactly 500days after I got off the ship as a funny note :D)

Only other "good" loot I got was a 158ped Emik T10(L) but that was just a globle =nothing to post if you ask me, and I still get excited by any globle I get :D
And sure if it's a globle with some uber item then it counts ofc

I rather see 50 ped globies in HoF root section than 1000 ped non-interesting oils only HoFs in uberloots sub section. I mean wtf uber 1000 peds is nowadays... :rolleyes:

Sadly Drave I think this is a bad idea. It wouldn't just discourage spammers, it would discourage people from posting Anything other than Achievements, so in the end it would actually make the situation you're trying to curb even worse...

What about people who make lots of useful information-rich posts, but don't post their globals and HoFs? Their "average fame per post" is gonna be practically non-existant. It takes a small amount of thought to realise that you actually Want a low score in the above list...

you probably misunderstood. i meant these numbers, in your case:

Fame: 1739 Achievements: 26

the latter is number of your threads in the 'Hall Of Fame' section, while the former - total number of gratz received on them.

your 'average fame' is 66.9 - on average, your threads in the 'Hall Of Fame' section have been gratzed 66.9 times each. this number has absolutely nothing to do with anything you have posted or done outside the HOF section.

Voted yes, the first ones are the special ones you go to bed with one HUGE smile on your mouth thinking about :p

as some said maybe an own section for them but its always nice to see someone else happy :) or is that only me who thinks its nice to see other people happy? :3

you probably misunderstood. i meant these numbers, in your case:

Fame: 1739 Achievements: 26

the latter is number of your threads in the 'Hall Of Fame' section, while the former - total number of gratz received on them.

your 'average fame' is 66.9 - on average, your threads in the 'Hall Of Fame' section have been gratzed 66.9 times each. this number has absolutely nothing to do with anything you have posted or done outside the HOF section.

Gotcha, sorry Bro, thought you were dividing Total posts. My Bad :thumbup:

"average Fame" is actually quite an interesting calculation.

Edit:

Dammit, can't +rep you for that yet... I'll spread some...

I voted yes, because of my own experience.

My first global was a Daikiba Mature for 192 peds, using an Opallo at the sweating camp close to port Atlantis, and i felt like a King!!! i remember the excitment and how proud i was of it.

Since then i have had many globals (specially from Atrox) but if i had known that there was a Globals thread for sure i would had posted it on it, and maybe if i had instead stumble into the HOF thread i would had posted there too.

Couldnt agree more, it's totally pointless to post anythign less than an uber, unless it has a very nice item in it.

I fully disagree with that. The fact that you do something daily, doesn't mean it isn't an achievement for someone else.

Little example: I was SO happy I could walk to the store after my knee operation. Sure, it took me an hour (it's a 5 minute walk) but I made it.

Hell of an achievement for me.

A small step for mankind, but a giant leap for a man!

Voted no; of course, special circumstances for the poster are OK.

Voted yes.
I myself have never posted any of my globals/hofs, but I can fully understand that for someone a 62 ped global can be as much of an achievement as an 92k ped hof is for others.

I am in a philosophical mood, i have to go with Nietzsche on this one.
“Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man”

The outcome is always the same and the shorter, overall less painful road should be the one we force the newbies to go.

After the rush of the first global, once a new player post here there are two possible ways the story can continue.
He might get quite some Gratz and supporting post in his global thread encouraging him to go on in his quest of becoming somebody in the dynamic world of EU.
But with every global there will be less and less excitement with the slow realization that overall a global is not much more than the bell for Pawlow's dog.
In the end isn't the added pain from the longing for the rush and the fame that was gained on this forum much worse than what honesty from the start would have created.

In the second case there might be little to no attention to the thread at all, because most of the disgruntled EU playerbase sees little value in those pseudo-achievements and just ignores them.
In this case the newcomer might retreat from the forum depriving himself from valuable knowledge he could have gained and in the end might just stop playing altogether because hope led him to believe things the reality will never be able to stand up to.

I say no more global post and a much higher requirement for a loot to qualify as uber and yet a own category for useful unlimited Items, because those are the things i never loot, but really would be happy with, even if they are worth little in MU terms and like to see and would be happy to give out Gratz for.

Back