Do you make music?

Badger

Prowler
Society
Supremacy Reign
Xavier Badger Reise
Hey all, this is call for all music producers who would like their music played on Entropia Radio to post here and PM me, i'll provide you with my email address and will listen through it and select tracks. Hell if its really good i'll play it on my uni radio show :)

EDIT:

If anyone feels up to making jingles for Entropia Radio then please get in contact as a variety of ones will be needed + backing music to talk over

EDIT2:

All genres welcome

Last edited:
My dad always said I should sing on the radio - then he could turn me off :laugh:

I can not carry a tune in a bucket, but this is a great idea. I really like the idea of player music on entropia radio.

Nice one Badger, I was thinking about doing something like this but didn't really have the time so I'm glad to see that someone else is :)

You can hear some tracks by my band The Resplendents at http://www.myspace.com/theresplendents

We've also just recorded our new single which will be coming out at the beginning of June, so you can play that when it's ready too :)

Nice one Badger, I was thinking about doing something like this but didn't really have the time so I'm glad to see that someone else is :)

You can hear some tracks by my band The Resplendents at http://www.myspace.com/theresplendents

We've also just recorded our new single which will be coming out at the beginning of June, so you can play that when it's ready too :)

nice! :D it puts a smile on my face listening to it. i'll listen to the lot tommorow, you got MP3's i can request? And what do you play? :)

nice! :D it puts a smile on my face listening to it. i'll listen to the lot tommorow, you got MP3's i can request? And what do you play? :)

I think you should be able to download the MP3s on MySpace, or if you PM me an e-mail I'll send some over. I'm the piano/keys player.

Glad you like it so far :)

Buuuuuuuuump :)

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump :yay:

cool

Neat Badger,
I have one song ready to go (made btwn Romano - on fuzzy guitar and drums and Slack doing lead guitar done across the net as one is in S. Africa and the other is in Canada) and about 6 others in the pipeline, one of which is 3/4 done - just need to redo the final vocals on it, and the other 5 are vocals with just a backing beat or something to keep time. All songs are about entropia and life there. I have also made 4 jingles so far. One was for Bartolo when he had his shop to the tune of 9 to 5 (this was the one that started the whole thing off), one for PA Mall, to the tune of All That Jazz and one for my own decorating business to the tune of Love to Love u baby. So jingles are not a problem. Will send you what I can.
Anyone who is up for helping with backing (especially drumming) for my other songs pls contact me.
xx Silva

I have created some tracks with octamed soundstudio on the amiga in the
90's . So it's not "real" music, but if you like breakbeat 90's sampled sounds, then i do have some jazzy, funky tracks available.

James brownnnn!!

Hi
I have some tracks I've made and that can be listen here:

My music

If interested by some, just tell me, I will send you the original files.
Cheers!!

:)

Hi
I have some tracks I've made and that can be listen here:

My music

If interested by some, just tell me, I will send you the original files.
Cheers!!

:)

Hey man, your music is totally sweet. You need to send me "Au dela des mers" it is totally sweet. xD

Are the other songs in the playlist yours?

Like...

"Fool, Running Against the Sun, etc...?"

Anyways, Badger... I sent you a pm. I'm not sure how to send music... but I have a few songs I made screwing around with the fruity-loops demo.

Edit: Here we go... I actually forgot about this, but there was this site I used to upload my music to show my friends but I couldn't figure out how to make it so you can lsiten to the WHOLE song. Instead of just 30 seconds.

Anyways... heres the link, I figured it out.

Band - Onciest

Last edited:
TY guys this is looking really great, i'll contact you when we actually record the show *pokes Dion and Eps* ;) so we can work out how much time will be allotted to music.

sent you one of mine too ;)

TY guys this is looking really great, i'll contact you when we actually record the show *pokes Dion and Eps* ;) so we can work out how much time will be allotted to music.

What about me? *poke*

nice thread :)

I play guitar,flute and an old 60's valve powered philips electric organ that really captures the sound of the 60's.

gl with your search :)

Hi !
PM sent.

I professionally compose and record music for radio, TV, production companies, theatre shows. I also make a lot of music for my own pleasure. Check out the Jamhot Records thread for a couple of my songs.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

I'd love to help out.

And get in touch with Wiseman also ... he is very gifted, and a seriously great guy.

Last edited:

I REALLY enjoyed listening to your myspace, big gratz on great tunes.
Oi , you other people .. get you asses over to Oleg's myspace, his band is great ! You must contact Jamhot. If only you had a trumpet with those saxophones...

I love soul music ! Sam Cooke, Solomon Burke....
Peace, and big respect.

I REALLY enjoyed listening to your myspace, big gratz on great tunes.
Oi , you other people .. get you asses over to Oleg's myspace, his band is great ! You must contact Jamhot. If only you had a trumpet with those saxophones...

I love soul music ! Sam Cooke, Solomon Burke....
Peace, and big respect.

Thanks very much, glad you enjoyed it :D

I do a bit of the media stuff like you btw, mostly library music.

Dion and Eps are the ones doing the chat show, not the music :).

Lol, oh! Terribly sorry about that, I should learn to keep myself more informed. xD

I should note, that if you are under contract with anyone, or any company, we can not use your music. If you are a member of any music industry organization (i.e. RIAA) we can not use your music. If your music is copywrited, we can not use your music.

We do not wish to violate any laws, or copywrights.

~Red

I should note, that if you are under contract with anyone, or any company, we can not use your music. If you are a member of any music industry organization (i.e. RIAA) we can not use your music. If your music is copywrited, we can not use your music.

We do not wish to violate any laws, or copywrights.

~Red

I never accept exclusive contracts, so that wouldn't be a problem.
But I am a member of a mechanical-royalties organization, yes.
However, I would like to raise a point about this.
All the music on your playlists is probably created by people who are members of such an organization, and any one of them could kick up a fuss, but the fact is there would be no point in this, so no one will. The same laws apply for original music created for a show as for playlisted music.

The same applies to somebody like me making jingles for your radio station. Technically I could go to SACEM here in France and inform them you were using my music, but it would be completely pointless and horrible of me. It would make me no money and you would just be stuck with a big bill payable to RIAA, or SACEM, or whatever.

So where am I going with this ?
Two different directions actually. Firstly, I would have been thrilled to help out your radio, I wouldn't have required to put my name on things or to declare them, and I wouldn't have caused you any trouble. I have done this in game in the past.

Secondly, I would like to open the real can of worms here. You are right to bring up legal issues this way. How come you have a radio station running that does not pay any mechanical royalties? If you had paid an annual contribution as do other radio stations, there would be no legal problem for composers, and nothing extra for you to pay for using their work.

We do not publish any authors that require royalties, simple answer ;)

If you listen to my radio shows, I have 0 music, which is why Badger asked... I would LOVE to have music, I even compose my own music, and play my own music (on most instruments), however, I just don't have the time... between running a multimillion dollar busines, a family, and many many other things on my plate, music is something I just can't do...

Sorry if it offended you to put that warning out there, but the simple fact is, I have been directed to not publish any music that can potentially levy a fine. The radio station is not mine, the website is not mine, and I do not like jeopordizing things that are not mine. I'm fully aware of all the laws of copyrighted music (both for composers and musicians), which is why I put it out there.

On a personal note, I think authors of music should get paid, however, the advertisers of their music (radio stations) really should get to publish it for free. I don't pay to listen to the radio, I pay to advertise on the radio. If I were still a musician, I surely wouldn't be charging a radio station to play my music... kinda silly to me :scratch2: I want people to hear my music...If listeners really like my music they'd buy my cd's, mp3's etc. The whole 'can of worms' about musicians and money really ticks me off, as I used to be a musician. I played because I liked playing, not because I wanted money for playing. I played at friends parties for the fun, friends weddings to help them out, and in the symphony because I loved it... not once did I play becuase I wanted money (even though I often needed money).

My apologies if I came off rude on either post, but, I really don't want to open the 'can of worms' of copyright laws and such. I'm not a lawyer, so I need to make sure everyone understands, you are not going to get paid by us. You will however get a LOT of exposure.

EDIT: Lastly to you shadow catcher, I will gladly use your music, as long as you gaurantee that you will not run to whichever organization you are with asking for us to pay fees ;)

Last edited:
On a personal note, I think authors of music should get paid, however, the advertisers of their music (radio stations) really should get to publish it for free. I don't pay to listen to the radio, I pay to advertise on the radio. If I were still a musician, I surely wouldn't be charging a radio station to play my music... kinda silly to me :scratch2: I want people to hear my music...If listeners really like my music they'd buy my cd's, mp3's etc.

If there was a radio station playing music that you wrote, 24 hours a day, with only adverts in between, and making big money from advertising, wouldn't you feel entitled to a share of that income?

This fallacy about artists needing to get exposure for their music in lieu of getting paid is the reason why most starving musicians remain starving, but don't always remain musicians.

In some cases I'm happy to let people use my music for free, either as a favour or as a publicity, but if anyone ever uses my music without my express permission, they need to pay me or they'll be hearing from my lawyers.

The EntropiaRadio example is a perfect one - I am more than happy for the station to use my music in this show, and I won't ask for any money for it. But if I asked you to stop playing it, and you kept on doing so, then there'd be trouble :)

I draw the line in situations like the one I encountered a few years back, where a guy wanted me to spend 6 months full-time composing a score for awful low-budget film, without pay, just to get my name in the credits of a film that only a handful of people would ever see :laugh:

The whole 'can of worms' about musicians and money really ticks me off, as I used to be a musician. I played because I liked playing, not because I wanted money for playing. I played at friends parties for the fun, friends weddings to help them out, and in the symphony because I loved it... not once did I play becuase I wanted money (even though I often needed money).

That just demonstrates the difference between you and Shadowcatcher (and myself). You are an amateur, a hobbyist. Shadowcatcher is a professional. If he doesn't get paid for his music, he can't pay the rent.

I'm not having a go at you Dion - I think your 'disclaimer' about the copyright is perfectly reasonable, as is the model in which you operate in terms of music royalties (it's a pretty standard model for small Internet radio stations, and as I've already said I'm happy to give you permission to play my stuff). I just think that, in your response to Shadowcatcher, you are being rather naive about the realities of a working musician's life. If it's any comfort, almost every film producer, multimedia developer or game designer that I've ever met has been similar :)

I appreciate your words Oleg, and completely understand. Working on both sides of the coin (yes, I was in a symphony orchestra, and worked at a radio station), I have the ability to see both sides of the coin.

I used to love working on computers, then I became a network engineer... I hated working on them once I starting 'working' on them.... none the less, I only work on them now when a friend asks, and I am no longer in that industry... so, it's not just music that I feel that way about... I now work as a COO.... none the less, I hate math now... I used to love math....

So, if someone wants to get paid for something they enjoy, they can do that and I'm glad it makes them happy, but for me, it just doesn't work. So, getting paid for music isn't something I could do. Now, paying for music is something I do quite regularly.

That all being said, the interviews and radio show are fun for me. A 'hobby' like you said. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay me, nor would I expect anyone to get paid from the show. If it evers becomes work, I will take a deep look at whether I will continue to do them.

(sorta rambling here)
It's like EU... I had a bout with EU and 'making money'.. once I thought I was 'working' to play, I quit, for 6 months.... then I came back, and realized, I was (and should be) paying for my entertainment, not working for my entertainment. I am a much happier person now.
(end rambling)

But, thanks to both of you, I'd love to have both of your music in the show, but please realize, I hafta put a disclaimer up saying we can't pay any sorta fees for the music. So, if you'd still like to donate some music, donations are ALWAYS appreciated :)

~Red

Back