• Sometimes

Votes: 63 27.5%
  • Didn't used to, but I will now

Votes: 11 4.8%

• Total voters

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Firstly, sorry for making yet another thread on our new favourite topic, but I thought this was an interesting question :)

Do you read the confirmation window when selling stuff to the TT? Will the whole OA-105 story change your behaviour?

In the past I have always given it a cursory glance, and if I'm TTing a bunch of crafted items I check the whole list.

I think from now on I will be more careful, even though I don't have anything valuable that I would ever be likely to TT by mistake (my FAPs would probably be the most likely candidate).

How about you?

Nope, I never read it, becuase I know EXACTLY what I am putting in the TT when I put it in there. I always double check BEFORE dropping it in the window ;).

of course... heard too many stories about tt'ing something of uberness... and, well, not like I have that much uber gear but rare materials i definitely don't want to TT...

dont look really .. animal oil is not too exciting

Bones

Since I heard of a bug, that made it possible that you drag an item into TT window but another item slips into TT, I always read the confirmation screen.

This bug never happened to me, maybe it is just a rumor, but who knows? Safety first!

I do read the list, but like Kaiser I already know what I am going ot TT. I use the mouse-over to verify what items I am about to drag over to the TT. I thought the list and the confirm were great additions, as did most of the community.... until now, that is.

Yep, I always read it. One time I had a lag drop of another item in the window. I saw it and did not TT it, but from that point on I do not overlap any items in the TT window and I read the confirmation list.

only takes a second and a second isn't too much. I am suprised at the early results, I polled my society mates once several months ago and I was in the minority for reading the screen. I kind of expect that was the norm - at least until recently.

I try to read it most of the time. Though i must admit, sometimes I forget to read it because I want to go too quickly.

I don't think Joe's "accident" will make me read the confirmation window more or less. I already know that I should be reading the confirmation window all the time, but sometimes the finger is faster than the brain ;).

read over the complete...

Hehe, I rmbr a teacher who used to drill it into our heads that we 'read over the complete paper before taking the test'... man, he was such a bastard!!

I am so glad I took his class; Yer, I read over the TT list before clicking confirm ;)

<somewhat on topic>

Dragged my MOD FAP in there one time (OK, it was a FAP80 ^^) not paying attention, thinking I was at a repair terminal, good thing I alway slide the slider (as an on purpose habit), coz it wasn't until I realized there was no slider that I realized, CRAP! this is the TT.. CLEAR!! CLEAR!! :laugh:

</somewhat on topic>

Ossi!

attasment always on most expensive items of my inventory.... so "pfiou" i cant TT them
no i never read list

No matter what reason I'm at the TT ... I'm always making sure exactly what's sitting in the sell window before clicking, and after VU 9.0, I also double check the list before confirming. That's because before VU 9.0, I was crafting a weapon that looked just like my MKII and I almost TT'd it. :eek: I did however in the past TT a FAP I didn't want to TT with a bunch of others, but it wasn't something of value ... just the same, it made me aware of being more cautious during this process. :wtg:

Nope, I never read it, becuase I know EXACTLY what I am putting in the TT when I put it in there. I always double check BEFORE dropping it in the window ;).

i voted yes but this is more likely what im doing ... knowing whats going in before hand ... and if i dont damn right i double check

No matter what reason I'm at the TT ... I'm always making sure exactly what's sitting in the sell window before clicking, and after VU 9.0, I also double check the list before confirming. That's because before VU 9.0, I was crafting a weapon that looked just like my MKII and I almost TT'd it. :eek: I did however in the past TT a FAP I didn't want to TT with a bunch of others, but it wasn't something of value ... just the same, it made me aware of being more cautious during this process. :wtg:

:laugh: I tt'd my EK-2900 last year, thinking it was a FAP-5. I freaked. Luckily, it was my first (and last) bit of tt stupidity and MA gave it back with a stern warning. Since the new confirmation screen and "no returns" policy, I have been extremely careful to check every time.

Still pisses me off that they use the same inventory icons for everything.

very, very carefully everytime. I don't own much and I don't want to lose any of it, especially for tt value.

Always.

Well since I TT'ed a couple of things I shouldn't have after VU9.0 one being over TT+1k.I learnt my lesson. I didn't send a support case as I knew the rules. That may come back to bite me.

Of course !!
I have more issues sometimes when I'm really tired and think I'm at the repair terminal, but am at the TT.
So, I try not to visit any terminal when I'm really tired !! :wise:

i know what i am tting but even so i always double check.

I am always extremely careful about what I put into the TT and I always read the list through (normally twice) before I confirm. I never actually TT'd something I wanted to keep but I can't afford it so I always check and double check.

Lily

I tend, like you, just to give it a cursory glance

I always check my window.. always. I also never even touch tt when drunk or really tired as i do not liek to play unless i am fully awake anyways. I don't see how it is that easy to tt items like this. Really is simple to see what you are putting into the tt at any given time as you are the one who confirms what the screen says.

i always double-click and check every single item i intend to tt, after droping it in the tt window, and i always read the list afterwards.

i think i've never dropped the wrong item into tt, but i remember at least once going to the tt instead of the repair terminal and almost tt'ing a bunch of items that i wanted to repair.

imo, setting the slider to 100% repair by default was not a good idea. in the past, when you had to move the slider from 0% to whatever you wanted to repair, it was much harder to confuse both terminals, because their operation was more different. now, it's too similar: drag item, click, accept... easy to confuse when you're tired, sleepy or whatever.

I always read the list before the final click. Just in case I made a mistake or a bug pops up. You never know.

I am bad for dragging and dropping items into the sell pile. And never really check the conformation. I don't really have anything uber. But did make a mistake a few nights back. ANd tted some ematter that had a high markup. I was wanting to sell some of my low price stuff, for more probes. And was not till last night I reliased my mistake. After that and reading the post on the other item. I am now going to be more careful and check the conformation window.

Never say never

Never ever say never had this problem with TTing valuable stuff. Sh!t happen when you less expect it. After all we are only human and human prone to make mistake. There is always the "Human Factor" that screws things up. -:wise:

yes

when i go to tt, and tt ammo i looted

i equip my embra sword, all the time, just to be sure
most other weapons are amped or have another attachment (except one opalo and m2100, the 2 tt guns), so those are rather save as well

then i check the list, if there is JUST ammo
usually i just light, medium
if anything starts somehow else i read again with more attention

i rarely tt oil after a hunt, usually i stack it up in storage first
and just if i need the cash quickly (or markup is crap) i tt it, but it wonders from storage to a, pretty likely, clear inventory section with stackables
even that list i check

what i check close all the times, is the tools sections
i mine as well, but more a hobby, so i just have 1 used up L amp, sometimes 2
i check if JUST amps are in there (if i had some unL one there, you can bet i would check if there is a (L) too, can't be that hard to do so)

if i tt L faps, i check the list very closely again

if i go to repair terminal, i tend to repair something i can equip, equip it, and repair that first
it is save, since i equipped it, so tt is unlikely
yet i always check if it sais "repair"

even if the repairing worked, and i repair my weapon amps, i check again if it sais repair

i try to be as careless as possible if it comes to that
those terminals are very dangerous places, gotta watch out around them

Look Before you leap!

Mirror Signal Manoeuvre.

Serious lack of common sense these days imo

I try to read the list, but occasionally forget. Normally I'm just tt'ing looted ammo after a hunt anyway, but if I'm putting a broken L item in there I normally double-check it just in case.

If I tt loot such as tt-food faps or armor I always bring up the markup history just to make sure I don't make a blunder.

but i remember at least once going to the tt instead of the repair terminal and almost tt'ing a bunch of items that i wanted to repair.

Yeah, I've come close to that too. I think they should remove the confirmation for repair, as it doesn't really matter if you accidentally repair something you didn't mean to. That way the confirmation for tt would have more impact.

I would like to see lockable items tbh, even if its just in the form of an item you can attach to anything but serves no purpose.

Well like so many others I used to just drag drop and know what I was TT'ing until I accidentally TT'd a good focus chip when trying to drag the moderate focus chip I had just looted which was to the right of it.

It was only worth about +100 at the time and it came from a globaling beacon and was my little trophy that I kept.

I felt gutted when I realised what I had done and it has haunted every transaction with the tt since....

I have heard the screams of anguish over ventrilo when a friend who was using the TT as a calculator sold all his high market ores to the terminal on instict.....he added them up and instead of clicking the clear button he did the whole double accept without thinking....it is much easier to do than many people here may think.

I understand that Squall thought he had the amp in question on his finder...
Has anyone here gone out for a hunt and wondered why he was taking higher hits than he should only to realise that the plates he had put on his armour had not attached? The item turned green and the plate never went on!
I have had this happen many a time and I am so pedantic about things like this now because I dont have much ped to spend and cant afford stupidity or small bugs to cost me the little I do have.

I keep plates and attachments on all items that I dont want to tt..

If I am tt'ing faps I have looted or crafted I always equip my most expensive fap and double triple quadruple check what I have done incase my backup fap happens to end up there aswell....I do this because I have already lost something...

I have read a lot about the idea's people have had for crafted locks etc and think that the best idea I saw was for a tick box on the item info page that would only take a few lines of code to create would certainly be the easiest option......

GL with your future TT transactions and may noone else have to suffer a loss of this magnitude again...

Echo

I read the confirmation window messages. Not when I tt some oils, but of cause when I tt some stuff that I crafted. To prevent from surprises.
;)

I think they should remove the confirmation for repair, as it doesn't really matter if you accidentally repair something you didn't mean to.
Well it does matter, if you repair some expensive armor or so to 100% except of 15%, because you forgot to move the slider, and then have no money anymore on the ped card...

Back