Do you think the lag will get fixed ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
This lag has been going on for quite some time and, to me, it seems to be getting worse. I see that MA has posted a poll. You would think that they have been getting enough support cases that they wouldn't need one.

I remember when I first started in late 2007 and there was no lag to speak of. I think the only time that I did it was my ISP and only last a minute or two and that happen very, very seldom. I don't remember the year but MA said the were changing their server provider and as I recall it was in a different nation. Anyway that was when it started. Not too bad at first but kept getting worst and then when MA went to the Cry engine that, to me, seemed to be the start of the downfall. Oh and the server tests MA did a time or two didn't seem to help anything.

Just wondering what you think.

This lag has been going on for quite some time and, to me, it seems to be getting worse. I see that MA has posted a poll. You would think that they have been getting enough support cases that they wouldn't need one.

I remember when I first started in late 2007 and there was no lag to speak of. I think the only time that I did it was my ISP and only last a minute or two and that happen very, very seldom. I don't remember the year but MA said the were changing their server provider and as I recall it was in a different nation. Anyway that was when it started. Not too bad at first but kept getting worst and then when MA went to the Cry engine that, to me, seemed to be the start of the downfall. Oh and the server tests MA did a time or two didn't seem to help anything.

Just wondering what you think.

I hope so, but the great news is that MA posted a Poll on the loader asking all to give a poll on their lag.

I hope so, but the great news is that MA posted a Poll on the loader asking all to give a poll on their lag.

just to bad the poll question and answers are to vague.

It misses a time indication.

Is the question about today? This week? month?

Because I've experienced massive lag.
Then the lag got less.
And the last week(s?) I seem lag free.

What do I fill in?

Lag and Performance Poll

I did not experience any lag at all

I experienced some lag a few times while playing

I experienced some lag most of the time while playing

I experienced lag all the time during my game session

just to bad the poll question and answers are to vague.

It misses a time indication.

Is the question about today? This week? month?

Because I've experienced massive lag.
Then the lag got less.
And the last week(s?) I seem lag free.

What do I fill in?

Lag and Performance Poll

---- I did not experience any lag at all ----

I experienced some lag a few times while playing

I experienced some lag most of the time while playing

I experienced lag all the time during my game session

Well, it is very simple. They do not want to hear about the lag you had last month, but the lag you may have now since the last update of last week. But you are right, most likely everyone is saying lag sucks of last month but not giving the lag status of now. But to answer your question, it sounds as if you no longer have the lag issue so I would say you pick the first option. But of course give it a few days to test before answering.

May be obvious... but I only lag during peak times or times of high activity.

judging by the poll reward " 100 peds shrap to one lucky submit" they dont think the lag is very important. they should pay at least 10 peds to the top ten submissions and one grand prize of a thousand peds. bare minimum.

Is there a "I stopped playing due to constant lag" option?

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/5.3
Lag/stability fixes

Several server and client updates have been applied to reduce lag and performance slowdowns. The system login process is enhanced, as well as how a participant performs – an avatar performing a lot of activities may experience “lag” him-/herself, but other participants do not get as affected as prior to VU 5.3.

If they ever find out what causes it. The latest poll apparently is an attempt to figure out what distinguishes people who are having severe lag from those who are having not much or any of it - RL location, preferred time of playing etc, - as they easily can pull all that data from their databases and discover patterns and correlations. Then they might decide to relocate their servers somewhere with better uplinks to certain locations, or even install additional servers at those locations (unlikely).

Alternatively they can just ban everyone who mentioned having lag, preventing any future negativity :cheer:

Experiencing lag all the time, never had this issues last year and this is on 40/15mb net

It time for Mindark to remove pentium 4 servers and buy new ones ,lagg is horrible :mad:

Was watching a US streamer and the lag was horrible. I live in Sweden and didn't even have that kind of lag back in 2005.
Is the ping the problem? When I play other games it starts lagging very bad when I have around 200 and above in ping.

Was watching a US streamer and the lag was horrible. I live in Sweden and didn't even have that kind of lag back in 2005.
Is the ping the problem? When I play other games it starts lagging very bad when I have around 200 and above in ping.

It seems to be mostly server side.. I've had latency of 50ms - 100ms for ages and no matter the value, I have consistent lag.

I don't experience lag now, but I experienced lag most of the Times ( in the weeks before the updates)

Back