Do you trust US$ = PED

Status

Igorl

Stalker
Society
Victory
Igor Nikola Lucky
To get my mind off notes and such...

Ive just read newspapers and seen that US market is looking realestate price crash.

It is due to low liquidity due to high mortgage credit APR and high insurance prices due to recent events that prooved that Bin Laden bloke is not really the greatest threat to US, the natural phenomenons are. And their govt. still doesnt get that.

Their foreign debt. is aproxed at ~3E15 $ (3000 billions - dont what that # is called)
Their realestate market is looking up to a 4E15 $ drop in value.
Their largest industries are moving East (or west relative to them) to China and they expirience the greatest deficit to that trade route in decades.

+ USA is generally warmongering nation afterall.

So: why is PED still tied up to US$? ... and it is not originally from US? :scratch2:

I.

* Please note: I did not make up the numbers written... read those in newspapers. All newspaper # have to be taken with a little reserve.

why is oil traded in $? or gold, or most other commodities? its the largest currency, and relativly the most stable. its really not somthing to worry about.

+ USA is generally warmongering nation afterall.

Riiiiight.... thousands of years of wars and empires in Europe/Asia and the US is the "generally" warmongering nation :dunno:

I have no problem PED tied with $, for four years I have played, the EUR € has become stronger contra USD $, so my EU bills have gone smaller.

More PED's for less RL cash, so I am happy!!! :cheer:

:kos:

Yup it's the largest currency, and this is the problem. The US will do absolutely ANYTHING for it to remain so, ever remember when the sanctions were in place and Hussein was threatening (and was through the back door) selling oil in euros? Another reason the US invaded Iraq, to maintain global dominance of the $. You should read more about this, it's a shocker and will open your eyes at the lengths this nasty evil nation go to in order to maintain $ as the global denomination.

Sounds like this thread is going to have to go to the other forum to be discussed at length. Political potshots aren't allowed at this one.

Yup it's the largest currency, and this is the problem. The US will do absolutely ANYTHING for it to remain so, ever remember when the sanctions were in place and Hussein was threatening (and was through the back door) selling oil in euros? Another reason the US invaded Iraq, to maintain global dominance of the $. You should read more about this, it's a shocker and will open your eyes at the lengths this nasty evil nation go to in order to maintain $ as the global denomination.

ROFL lol some sort of backwoods anti us media got into your head?

I'm happy now, since I've played EU so very long the American dollar has always been worth more than the Canadian dollar usually around $1 Canadian = $0.85-$0.90 American. And now the Canadian dollar is worth more then the American dollar, makes deposits cost a little bit less now :yay:.

Sounds like this thread is going to have to go to the other forum to be discussed at length. Political potshots aren't allowed at this one.

"Other" forum? RCE Universe? They like finance talk

Riiiiight.... thousands of years of wars and empires in Europe/Asia and the US is the "generally" warmongering nation :dunno:

Relative to the lenght of their existence? Yes but lets not keep going that way.

Last edited:
I've avoided the whole issue and just converted my entire life savings into PED. Then I invested it all in the R&R fund.

lol warmongoring thats cute coming from someone posting from a country smaller than most of the 50 states in the US. Someone has to police this world from all the lesser minded people who still wage wars in the name of false gods.
The US just happens to be one large enough and scientificly advanced enough to do so. All of these third world country's and their religious wars are comical at best.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, the US dollar will fluxuate and if it didn't there would be more of an issue. The US isn't going anywhere and if you get more bang for your buck in PED's then good for you.

lol warmongoring (i really do love it. so cute. o how the lesser minds amuse me)

Go watch some more TV becuase the education your getting from it is priceless :rolleyes:

Political and economical climates can change in a matter of years, there is a huge difference between now and 7 years ago with a certain president in a certain country

why is oil traded in $?[...]

Because the US did and do everything possible to "persuade" the oil sellers to only accept the Dollar as currency.
Saddam Hussein was the first (or one of the first?) who wanted to trade his oil in Euro. His plans, as we all know, didn´t come true because he had too much weapons of mass destruction... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dont get worried over it, im quite sure if the US dollar died they would just make it 10 (some other currency) = 100 ped. Well at least i hope they would, but im quite sure if the US dollar crashes to be worth absolutely nothing or drops really low, entropia will probably be one of the last things we worry about, since that would cause alot of problems world wide. As for me the canadian dollar is going up = ). But thats not good either alot of ppl go down to the states now to buy stuff cuz its alot cheaper on many things.

dollar goes up, dollar goes down - I trust it (implicitly, it probably doesn't surprise you to know) ... things will improve at some point - and regardless, I get the same amount of peds for the same amount of cash :)

Political and economical climates can change in a matter of years

but we can always count on the UN to be worthless - ahh, stability :D

old news , plz move on . This is goin on for 5 years now....... where;s the news ??? :confused::scratch2:

dollar goes up, dollar goes down - I trust it (implicitly, it probably doesn't surprise you to know) ... things will improve at some point - and regardless, I get the same amount of peds for the same amount of cash :)

but we can always count on the UN to be worthless - ahh, stability :D

UN is not democratic enough

Veto by seating nations to stop help where it is really needed.

It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic... people whose freedom of speech was given to them by the sacrifices of lives and money of a foreign country, then they use that freedom of speech to bash that country and call it "warmongering".

Good thing the US "warmongers" have been hanging around Europe for the last 90 years or so. Otherwise most of you would be speaking German or Russian.

There we go, that oughtta get this thread locked! :laugh:

Simple US Dollar isn't trustworthy currency at the present moment.

First it is based on nothing but trustworthyness of the ability of the Federal Reserve to maintain stability of prices products and services and the payouts to the workers, well no problem there since the other currencies follow this example.

So you have a country goverment that has their debts in astronomcal figures that can change laws on how to receive long terms loan in that currency without public knowledge.

And a huge drop on the perceived value of the properties which required the issue of lots of new currency to which there is little doubts that the market would not absorb such flood estates to be sold so the banks even if the people can't payback their debt in the terms of the original contracts it is in their best interest to renegotiate a new deal so that those persons can payback in a more easy way so that the market isn't flooded and that those who they think won't pay the debt are taken of their properties and those are sold to cover the costs of the debts still left to be payed.

The banks were quite wise and distributed the risk very well unfortunatly it was unprofessionally done and many funds and bank profits will plunder and if this is happening faster is because there were created tools to soften the current situation of the US currency faces at the moment.

So yes I expect the US to continue to decrease in value for a few months more (it doesn't even more because the real estate risk was cleverly distributed also to foreign investment funds)

The bubble won't really burst but it will brake the growth.

More over labour that is one of the main backbones of the value of current currencies is being relocated to foreign countries which are increasingly making it harder for the profits generated in their territories to return to USA. (it wouldn't be really a problem for US economy to pay cents per hour to the chinese workers if they took 95% of the "profits" that still were generated there back to the colonial metropole, basically they would be working for free due to the constant devaluament of Dollar, for example although price of oil is reaching every month new record prices the truth is that in 1981 it was much more expensive because now the dollar isn't worth nothing near to its value then.

The only security that people had when using US Dollar was that in the worst case scenario they could take them and go live in a country where good and products were available in decent quantities and where being very good in their line of work would be rewarded with a salarie which allowed to keep a very reasonable life stile. (that's why mexican what to go live in USA and why people take the chance of loosing their life in dangerous travels to move to it, from southern america to USA and from Africa and Middle East to Europe.

Well since I never really consider that I would withdraw PEDs, I guess that it is quite indeferent that the dollar slowly bleeds out of its overrated value.

(The use of dollars preassume that those who handle it are contributing so that the interests at which the dollar is issue are payed to the Federal Reserve so basically the Third World Countries are being scammed when they are forced to pay their debts in Dollars, of course that they aren't innocent either and probably the population of such countries is even being more scammed by the central banks of such countries, to levels that are plain ridiculous such as when the prices of goods in markets in the morning are increased by the hour). I trust Euro much more since I believe that Germany make sure that it follows honourable and trustworthy practices on its lending protocols and won't allow French pretentions to devalue it due to the change of value of other currencies, because in the nineteen twenties there was an huge crisis in Germany that made them learn the hard way the importance of the trustworthness of the currency which in that time was lost and ultimatly led to the rise of demagogic politics that almost led Germany to its total anihilation).
When central banks devalue currency by decreasing the tax rates they are basically saying that your salaries just decreased a bit since you were earning to much wealth when compared to the wealth that was required to be payed for such service in order that such product or service supplied could compete with the price of similiar foreign products. I find the French claims absurd since the fact that the US Reserve issued many more dollars than it should is no reason to accept that "almost fake" currency for the same exchange rates that would be accepted when it still was honourable and trustworthy. It's not by accident that we don't accept 3rd world currencies payments for the same value that they are worth at that moment but for the value that we expect to get when we trade them back into products, services or other much more stable currencies that we need. Because in the real world there is no TT and everything is sold at markup.

So I think that EU is a very nice place for people to understand the notion of markup and that the ammount of wealth in a given moment can and most likelly will change over time even though noting has changed in the composition of what is being evaluated.

In conclusion I don't trust in the current value of the Dollar but I assume that it may be fixable, and I trust that MA will keep providing content in a fair and resonnable affordable way to their costumers and still allow to the most effiecient enterpreneurs to have a prosperous existance will experimenting the tools that are provided to them ingame so that their services look attractive to others who won't mind to pay in other to receive them.

Seems that it didn´t help a lot because I´m indeed speaking german... :scratch2: :laugh:

You "arguments" are not really worth discussing... :rolleyes:

Seems you miss the point since you are in Germany already. :rolleyes: And you are indeed speaking English too. And reading the internet. And posting your thoughts freely. Things that would not be possible for Europeans today without US "warmongering". :rolleyes:

Just get to the point. We DO need better leadership in the US. And the same as anywhere else. Less greed. The only value money hath is that which we give it.

The only value money hath is that which we give it.

Very true. The entire world's economic system is based on fiat currency (the dollar included). Currencies are not backed by anything anymore. That is FAR more worrisome than what is going on with one particular currency relative to the others.

people do have some funny ideas. the US doesnt go to war in Iraq to prop up "dollar dominance", its simply to secure the source of a resource. doesnt matter if the actual trading of oil is done in $, £, Euro, Yen, or Yuan, the futures market is based in the US, so the headline line price is in $.

as for "warmongering", come on, you are proud of your nation, but you cant deny there has been a penchant for involvment in conflict since abandoning the pre 1930's isolationist policy. for what ever reason, good or bad, just or unjust, the US has a mighty war machine and those muscle need flexing to remani supple. But then it nothing half the countries of Europe havent done for the previous 2000 year, so no one really is in a place to judge.

Political and economical climates can change in a matter of years, there is a huge difference between now and 7 years ago with a certain president in a certain country

haha, +rep

Just scan them and get Rich.. Simple

last year I purchased a really nice scanner.. Thought I'd test it out and scan a few £5.00 notes...

They came out really nice and I gave them to the kids at Birthdays and Christmas.....

Is that what the Goverments do - they press print and away the machine goes and piles of cash stack up on pallets.

_38038022_fiver300.jpg

Well i might try £10 notes this year or Even $.

Seems simple to me
name with held :cool:

Last edited:
Their foreign debt. is aproxed at ~3E15 $ (3000 billions - dont what that # is called)

in the US, 3000 billion is 3 trillion. the rest of us would say 300 billion (UK billion = 1e6 * 1e6, or one million million)

Their largest industries are moving East (or west relative to them) to China and they expirience the greatest deficit to that trade route in decades.

in my opinion, this is the root cause of their problem and will continue to be so. it will only become worse, as they continue to move production "off shore".

So: why is PED still tied up to US$? ... and it is not originally from US? :scratch2:

mindark has gone to a great effort of "americanize" EU. all spelling in game is the of american dialect (there are odd exceptions like "jason centre"). I can only assume this was done to make everything more palatable for what is seen as the largest consumer market in the world - the USA. pegging the ped to USD is a psychological gimmick to pander to US citizens. basically, its easier for them. that, and much international trade is conducted in USD.

personally, I think it was a huge mistake on MA's part. they may collect USD, but the still have to pay their expenses and taxes in SEK. that makes them subject to exchange rates. with the decline in USD vs. SEK, MA must find a way to charge more to make up the difference to meet their original finanical objects.

pretty nasty, no?

its the largest currency, and relativly the most stable.

no. after the second world war, the united states made a huge effort to have their currency be seen and accepted as the de facto international currency. they used efforts such as the marshall plan to to achieve this. another was the move from the gold standard - which was followed by almost every nation with a stable economy.

the advantages of having your native currency as the world trading standard should be rather apparent.

Status
Back