Do you use skill implants or are you a manual skiller?

Do you chip or skill manually?

• Total voters
I am not afraid to chip in/out if I am sure it will give me an advantage. I ate some Courage chips for HP and it helped a whole lot on Feffs. On the other hand, I max out the 211 mining finder and sell extra skills to have some money to blow hunting ;)

I'm on the roids!

Once I graduated I chipped up a bunch of evade/athletics to lower my overall cost of hunting. Also some BWT to improve the efficiancy of the Manis(L). I still get hit a good amount and am tempted to deposit about 1K to be an uber evader.:D But other than that have no need to chip anything else, cause my gun's all maxed now.

Emery

first i chipped out and now i have chipped so that i get back the skill i have had..... so i'm natural but not natural... i haven't chipped more skills that i would have natural way... :confused:

I have chipped in and out several times both changing fields selling out and focusing so im a heavey chipper but only like 150k skills atm

All natural by choice but I admit to being tempted to chip evade and dodge.

Could but....nah.

btw choose the banana option because i could

I have played many RPG's before (big fan of Morrowind/Oblivion) I know at the start it's very slow dull and boring becuase your skills suck, you're slow, you have no health etc. I found the same with entropia.

Before entropia, I would spend 80-100 bucks on a game which would take me 10-60 hrs to complete. If instead I now use that money in Entropia into things I want to do (i.e. hunting) and to quicken the process and the types of mobs I can defeat effectively(becaue profitting from hunting in the early stages is a loooooong process), that means chippinig. I currently have an imbalance in my hit/dmg on laser. I could wait for it to upgrade so I can use the isis I want to buy at full damage by spending 240 hours in the wilderness, or I can invest some in weapons handling + other skills that contribute to my damage ratio. I tried some crafting the other day at zero level. I burned through about 60 PEd of materials in no time (that took me hours to mine). Alternatively, I could have invested in low level crafting skills for the same cost. It's an economic decision for me where I need to balance time, PED and fun.

all natural . . . mmmm yes ;>

i like the idea of my character as an extension of me
therefore it is all real, all me . . . all wonderful

chipping isn't a bad thing . . . just a personal choice

like life isn't all about your own choices

makes us who we are . . . here or in rl

;>

I never chiped and don't think I ever will. Even if i get a 100k HOF.
I find it much more funny to go out to the woods and meet some troxies or argos :D

when chipping first started i said no way will i ever make eron pumped up with skills i didnt earn .... needless to say eron loves chips, they go great with argo salsa.:D

I haven't chipped in earnest (chipped a little Aim about fortnight after joining EU just out of curiosity, and some tiny ones a while back for the skills research). Its always something I've considered though, I'm tempted to eat a few chips to push me to avoidance at the moment but well first there's jag gloves and foots, then a decent tp chip, then whatever else I *must* have. And the sneaky public poll leaves me a bit strapped for cash now anyway :D

Actualy think I have chipped out more than I have chipped in over time... But I do chip - And I'm gonna chip again...

It will cost me about 50K peds to get to commando - And thou I believe I could unlock commando before I have lost 50K with the way I hunt, I just don't think I wanna wait the year or more it would take... If I had the 50K peds to chip for that is...

I voted nahhh. because I feel chipping would imbalance my skills. On the other hand, I am very hungry, so if somebody would give me some chips, I'd eat them, no matter what flavour they had. After all, don't look a given horse in the mouth. Darn, I wish it was daytime and not the middle of the night, so I could go to a supermarket!

chipped once a little dexterity on a cheap chip, would consider chipping again if i found more cheap chips chipping about.... after all its not cheating, right?.

Banana's are high in potasium. :wise:

(... and I chip as much as I can afford without getting my vehicle repossesed :p . )

No it is not cheating. Its a game option given us by MA, and its free to use it or not.

yes, i was trying to get past this sort of stance of chipping vs. unchipping, like, sometimes it seems that chipping is like something to be ashamed of, like, not natural, or something like that....

And the sneaky public poll leaves me a bit strapped for cash now anyway :D

Surrey is only 60 miles from me mister!

*jumps on bus to collect Jimmy's debt* :D

I choose no...it's to expensive stuff for me :(

yes, i was trying to get past this sort of stance of chipping vs. unchipping, like, sometimes it seems that chipping is like something to be ashamed of, like, not natural, or something like that....

Two things.

1. The people who are dead serious with calling people who eat chips a cheater are just jealous they cannot afford to do the same thing theirselves. Or at least 99% of them.

2. The people who call people eating chips cheaters, are the people who make your skills worth less money. By over and over saying chiping is cheating, this makes people less willing to buy chips.

Chiping is not cheating. If you want to chip, by all means... if you dont want to no ones forcing you. Buying a skill implant is just as much cheating as buying a set of armor.

Are you sure that's a banana on your head and not a bad hair day ponytail?:banana:

I have chipped in the past and I'm pretty sure I will do so again at some point. My previous chipping has been done in a balanced manner and at certain points in my overall skill advancement when I considered it both beneficial and cost effective compared to manual skilling.

Heya !

Well, after reaching a certain level in some professions, for exemple after playing some years actively without chiping, u start to feel what we call "the nerf".
For exemple u are naturaly at level 39.6 Laser Pistolerer. U know u will unlock coolness at level 40, and this new skill will give u one more HP every 400 points.
A little hangun chip or others will push u to level 40 and u will be cool.
But, unluckyly, this is not the only skill to unlock. At a certain level, u cant reach some higers levels without chiping in. If u dont, it will take u many many many years of very active gameplay. Even with chiping, its close to impossible to reach some levels like Arch master in Laser weapon Technologie for exemple. In my part, i chould invest an amout "little car sized" to have this level lol; and im gentle.
MA nerfed the skill system, they will probabely restudie this system, but for now, chiping is usefull for players who are one the way of uberness.

Good point too, if u reach a nerfed level without chiping in. More honour.

Regards.

Hi....I chiped about 30% and natural 70% it was " and it is " my way to be able to hunt bigger animals faster so i have a chance to get some peds because sense about Agust-06 Has MA allmost stopped the good items in the loot and if i had more money i would chip more is also a way to not lose so much money because the items are so poor today in the loot you make.

( And "we" all knows that MA tryes to nerf. The skills because they make it harder and harder to skill all the time so nowdays if you want to get higher skills you are forced to chip ).

Last edited:
The only things I've chipped were mining skills and a little bit of BLP weapons tech (so I could use my 147 a little more eco). I brought my mining skills up to about 800-900 with chips. I was profiting at mining until I unlocked CGA. :confused:Then profits dried up. I'm now thinking about chipping mining out and then reunlocking CGA completely natural. Hopefully I would go back to profiting. :scratch2:

I am 99% natural, my arse is made out of plastic, ehhhh.... i mean i once bought small HG chip, which i also ate :ahh: , but i see no problemo in chipping, i would prolly eat more, if i had the peds...

I prefer natural skilling. Id rather not use chips at all, it just ain't natural.

Then it wouldn't be natural to chip it out and sell it either if you stopped one day ?

most of my skills are natural.. but prolly <5% are chipped

I only chip rifle, HG, MMS, Courage,Anatomy,Evade,RDA and FA. Have no use for the others :cowboy: But I must say I was all natural until I could no longer have my avatar logged on for 24/7

never chipped, so manual skiller here ;)

Back