Votes: 95 35.1%
  • no

Votes: 138 50.9%
  • I don't care, i am done and selling out anyway

Votes: 38 14.0%

• Total voters

Zorg

Old Alpha
The mining event with "the 2x skill" was programed from the 13 march to the 23 March 2009 and for a period of 10 days.

One month and 3 days later, this event is still ongoing.

A simple question for the fellow miner of Entropia Universe.

Do you want the mining event continue ?

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

This question is also valid for the crafters, what do you think ?

Last edited:
No, No and .....heeelll NoooOOOoOOooOooOoOOOoo :banghead:
you should add a poll btw...

Why should it not continue?

Perhaps the prices are falling because miners are out mining rather buying the skills? (Decreased demand leading to a lower price...)
If that's the case the prices will/should go back up once the event is over.

MA are obviously happy with the way it's going, or they would not have extended it, and ultimately what's good for MA can't be all bad for us.

Why should it not continue?

Perhaps the prices are falling because miners are out mining rather buying the skills? (Decreased demand leading to a lower price...)
If that's the case the prices will/should go back up once the event is over.

MA are obviously happy with the way it's going, or they would not have extended it, and ultimately what's good for MA can't be all bad for us.

Why shouldnt?...well not just that skills and every resource MU is so low now that wont, in most cases, let you to break even; but in top of that, like on every event, there is a major nerf and crappy hitrate and shit loot ect ect ect....exept few (comercial purposes, publicity ect) huge ass HOF`s ATH`s

Im really curios who and how from minners, will comment his/her "Yes" in vote poll.

edit: in long run, there is at least one positive thing. Yes, skill gain. After CE2 there will be probably lot of newcomers here. And some of them will buy minning skills too and skills will go probably up in price.

Last edited:
Cheap mining skills = cheap hp skills :yay:

Hell yeh, I just bought 3k peds of prospecting at 2300%! Plus I like the 2X skills, haven't seen it yet but I am sure it's there ;)

(...) ultimately what's good for MA can't be all bad for us.
this reminds me of the famous 'General Motors' line, which is misquoted 90% of times. :D

Voted yes because I want to unlock extraction and had some nice globals/hofs in the event.

And if everyone's mining....mining loot goes up....simply...loot up..skills up...MU down...skills MU down

HP goes up for pvp and I need to skill surveying....

we whined when the skills got nerfed now they unnerf them and we whine again... I only voted no because it feels like the loot got worse since the event started. If it was only a few who felt the loot going down it would be ok, but it seems like 98% thinks that the loot goes down during events.

we get more skills but we also pay more for the skills. evens out

Voted yes because I want to unlock extraction and had some nice globals/hofs in the event.

And if everyone's mining....mining loot goes up....simply...loot up..skills up...MU down...skills MU down

you miss understand one thing....the loot part...globals, hof`s, ath`s doesnt mean loot up, that means gamble and publicity up....average loot DOWN during events...thats a fact trust me..

well I want to skill up and unlock CGA, and I'm not planning to sell my skills... so yeah ;) lol

EDIT: Also, I haven't really noticed the lower loots ppl complain about during events :rolleyes:

Why would loot go down during events?

I would think that MA takes a % of all circulated. So if you mine/hunt/craft more then you will in the long run lose more, it that has nothing to do with any event. (Now it is possible that the looting system works in more mysterious ways but as with most things in EU we can only guess).

I do think MA get more out of us during events but I think that is only because we cycle more PEDs.

/Dendron

PS I haven't noticed any real change in loot during the events, but the loot have never been that good to start with. DS

I do think MA get more out of us during events but I think that is only because we cycle more PEDs.

...dream on, dream on....who do you think is controling the return % of the lootsystem?...NASA ?...dont mean to be rude but some1 with more than what?..10-50K bombs/probes droped and more than 5 months - 1 year of mining would know better about average return in specific location`s ect ect...no offense meaned to any1..

There is a mining event? I didn't notice anything really.

F*ck I messed up and voted yes. I want this event to be over now. I have stop all mining activities since a few days ago due to the horrible % return.

I want to go mining again but will not do it until this event is over.

hmm...mining event?:scratch2::scratch2:

i may have to dust off the old finders.

I'm a devoted non chiper, so I'm happy with the increased skillgains. And as for loot, I've never noticed any corelation between events and average return rate.

Funny to watch this thread: They are forming 3 groups of ppl here:
1.) Majority - characterizied by very bad % return from minning
2.) Skill addicted - characterizied by skilling at all cost(doesnt matter i pay 3 x more - important is Im skilling 2x faster)
3.) Fallen from sky - there is any event outhere?
and maybe...
4.) Lucky - clear minority who get lucky and found one of that propaganda Hofs/aths or are in such a good loot period they can be + also in this event(they are propably forgeting they should be much more in plus if there wastn this event btw)

we whined when the skills got nerfed now they unnerf them and we whine again... I only voted no because it feels like the loot got worse since the event started. If it was only a few who felt the loot going down it would be ok, but it seems like 98% thinks that the loot goes down during events.

we get more skills but we also pay more for the skills. evens out

Cant agree more, with 1st 3xskill bonus I had some suspitions. After many such events Im sure loot goes down when skills are x2,x3 etc.
And I think many people know it now.

Someone wrote a equation explaining this behaviour, was simple, but Im bad in math, so Ill not try to reproduce it....

have to agree, had the best returns ever from mining durring this event (no globals just frequent good sized strikes), and a hell of alot of skills.

I voted yes, because I actually have the same average crappy loot as usual now. But I do agree that loot goes down in these "events" as when I was hunting(when that was the event) everything was REALLY bad for me.

But also, the event still going :scratch2:, maybe thats why I see my skillpoints increase alot even increase for drilling :yay:

And I want to get as close as possible so I can use lvl25 matter finders, as % are crazy on Tik finders, hope the one I have will last alot more tho ;)

Why shouldnt?...well not just that skills and every resource MU is so low now that wont, in most cases, let you to break even; but in top of that, like on every event, there is a major nerf and crappy hitrate and shit loot ect ect ect....exept few (comercial purposes, publicity ect) huge ass HOF`s ATH`s

There has been no nerf or worse hitrate, you hit just as much as before.

I voted yes because skills are good, makes you hit better stuff and use better equipment. And i hit just as much stuff as i did before the event.

I drop a minimum 1000 bombs a day and there has been no difference in tt return for the last 1.5 years. And certainly no difference in events

As for the poll i vote yes, damn i want miner soon, large skill gains rock

Rgds

Ace

I missed the option for "I don't care." My hit rate is close to the same as it was before. Not getting quite as many bigger ones, but I'm just about the same TT return. The skills are decent, too. Eh.

[off topic] Is there any chance of someone actually putting objective choices in a poll here on EF? Or is it always going to be biased negative or biased positive?[/off topic]

What event? Do we have any event? I didn't notice...

This thing happening in EU atm never was close enough to smell like event. Maybe during announcment day, but all storyline has been cut away after that. It's like saying: "Hey, it's great. Go grind for month or so, ok?".
Surely for people who find these parts it will be great event even if nothing actually was happening during the event.
Good thing is that this "event" was created with miners in mind. Few UL mining amps were dropped too. Bad for ppl who were counting on markup to break even.

You can throw everything you have in the fridge to the cooking pot and sometimes the outcome may be even tasty. Do it everytime you want to eat something and it will become dull and boring.

F*ck I messed up and voted yes. I want this event to be over now. I have stop all mining activities since a few days ago due to the horrible % return.

I want to go mining again but will not do it until this event is over.

Dude, there's like three buttons there. How the heck could you mess up the vote? :scratch2: I'm dying of curiosity, please tell me. :laugh:

As for an answer the the thread starter question, I have to say I like this mining/crafting event because it gave me the opportunity to find the most amount of dung in a lot of time in EU. I'm so happy.... :yay:

Funny to watch this thread: They are forming 3 groups of ppl here:
1.) Majority - characterizied by very bad % return from minning
2.) Skill addicted - characterizied by skilling at all cost(doesnt matter i pay 3 x more - important is Im skilling 2x faster)
3.) Fallen from sky - there is any event outhere?
and maybe...
4.) Lucky - clear minority who get lucky and found one of that propaganda Hofs/aths or are in such a good loot period they can be + also in this event(they are propably forgeting they should be much more in plus if there wastn this event btw)

If im counting right thats 4 groups :D
But well put in cathegoryes, fully agree with ya +rep

Voted Yes. I am new to crafting and that event allows me to skill up really fast. I do not need buying skilles any more as been planning to do before the event. And for sure I lost during event much less than I was planning to spend on skill chips.

So longer event last more I skill up.

Back