Does Agility impact on your Evade/Dodge?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
A bit of a noob question. I have spent the last 3 years hunting with rifles so close combat is usually just as the mob is close to death. With natural skilling and the odd skill chip swallowed my HP sits at 220, Evade 51 and Dodge 44. Yet my agility is a disaster at 63!

Will it benefit my ability to Evade and Dodge if I work on my close combat/melee skills and improve my Agility to say 100.

With those missions about to change soon, I have some work to do I think!

Cheers
Bjorn

Agility contributes towards 3% of your Dodger level and 8% towards your Evader level.
So by increasing your Agility skill you'd have a slight gain in both professions (Evader more than Dodger) but only slight.
One reason why your Agility is such a disaster as you put it could be because of the bit of melee that you do.
Generally, Melee combat will gain you mainly Strength skill ups and Ranged combat will gain you only Agility skill ups. Melee only gives you Agility skill ups from the fact that you are being hit by the mob, unless you are using a Powerfist, which gives you both Agility & Strength skill ups from using the weapon (this is what I have been taught/what I've learned).
And ofcourse, ranged weapons don't give any strength skill ups at all from use or being hit by the mob.

So if you wish to increase your Agility you may want to use only ranged weapons and maybe something with a shorter range so you can be hit by the mob more often, although to save on costs I'd keep using a long range weapon to reduce armour/fap decay.

Good luck. :)

dang... you need to hunt more Bjorn! I'm at 80 :/ anyways yes it does.. agility contributes to evader and dodge (small percentage)

~Danimal

Edit: apparently I was completely wrong about that.

dang... you need to hunt more Bjorn! I'm at 80 :/ anyways yes it does.. agility contributes to evader and dodge (small percentage)

~Danimal

When was this changed/implemented?
EDIT: ergh, never mind, I'm a bit rusty, I was thinking of something completely different.

HP 213, Rifle Hit 78 and Agi 63 ?

hee hee hee, wasn't exactly "an odd skill chip" u have swallowed there! ;)

Also you might benefit from doing as many Agility missions as you can if you don't mind missing out on some skills after the mission rewards are adjusted, because it would seem that Attributes will be handed out less.

I'm really astonished that some people who are so active in this forum are asking such questions...
And you asked your question in the right forum, you just had to watch the sticky threads to find the answer.

Clic on the GREAT thread impact of skills on professions, made by Jimmy B
Which is for me the best reference about skills.

And you'll find ;

Dodger

Code:
Agility*20        3%
Combat Reflexes   10%
Alertness         5%
Dodge             31%
Athletics         12%
Courage           6%
Serendipity       7%
Combat Sense      7%
Avoidance         5%
Quickness         9%
Intuition         5%

Fully resolved, but the higher level unlocks require some confirmation.

If you have quickness or intuition and would like to contribute please let me know in the chipping thread. Your relevant skills and profession level is all I'll need.

Evader

Code:
Agility*20        8%
Combat Reflexes   11%
Alertness         5%
Evade             25%
Athletics         14%
Courage           7%
Serendipity       5%
Combat Sense      6%
Avoidance         7%
Quickness         9%
Intuition         3%

Fully resolved but requiring more data to confirm.

If you have Quickness or Intuition and would like to contribute please let me know in the chipping thread. Your relevant skills and profession level is all I'll need.

Want agility? Pick up a pistol, with a high rate of fire. Also found that melee does contribute to Agility though slightly. Those would be whip, powerfist & shortblade (light melee). In that perticular order of highest contribution. Whip is a pain since hardly any sib progression, Powerfist is limited in DPS so your left with shortblade, those have decent weapons & (heavy melee) would make your strenght pick up.

~Mark~

I'm really astonished that some people who are so active in this forum are asking such questions...
And you asked your question in the right forum, you just had to watch the sticky threads to find the answer.

I wasn't quite getting at the contribution percentage which I am very much aware of the sticky threads and Entropedia.

I was more considering that if say you have Evade 100 and Dodge 100, while your Agility is low, say 60, would your ability to not be hit be reduced compared to someone with an Agility of 100, who with the same Evade and Dodge levels?

I am not asking what percentage they contribute, rather the role of Agility in enhancing Evade and Dodge skills. Ie, If I buy a 1200Ped TT Evade chip tomorrow and increase my Evade to say 100, is having an Agility of 60 going to impede me or should I get my ass away from my guns and hack some mobs in good old melee fashion :p

I was more considering that if say you have Evade 100 and Dodge 100, while your Agility is low, say 60, would your ability to not be hit be reduced compared to someone with an Agility of 100, who with the same Evade and Dodge levels?
afaik, the actual result (ability to avoid being hit) depends only on prof lvl.
if you are lvl 100 Evader it doesn't matter if u have heaps of Agi, or none at all.

No, it only depends on your prof level.

I am not asking what percentage they contribute, rather the role of Agility in enhancing Evade and Dodge skills. Ie, If I increase my Evade to say 100, is having an Agility of 60 going to impede me or should I get my ass away from my guns and hack some mobs in good old melee fashion :p
afaik, the actual result (ability to avoid being hit) depends only on prof lvl. If you are lvl 100 Evader it doesn't matter if u have heaps of Agi, or none at all.
Having a lower agility is in no way saying your at a disadvantage to someone who has a higher rating. So your lvl 100 evader the other is lvl80 you should evade better than him even though his agility is higher. Agility overall just helps give evade "pro" a short boost.

~Mark~

Just to explain the quote from my thread which says Agility*20 contributes 8% to Evader clearly:

If you have 100 Agility, this is like having 2000 of a skill that contributes 8% to your Evader Prolevel. Which would give you 1.6 Evader levels. Your Agility is 63, so moving it to 100 would gain you 0.59 of an Evader Prolevel.

Agility has no known impact on your ability to Evade beyond that.

So, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Back