Does anyone like the new VU?

dlspiderdmb

Guardian
Society
Peaceful Torture
Dielle Cookie Spider
I can't really find anything positive about the new VU - and being at work - I am just hoping there is SOMETHING to look forward to. Trox are my general "go to" mob - can't say I like what I am hearing so far. Do any of the mobs LOOK different?

I like the fact that so far, I haven't seen any fubar (yet)

Rip Eu

Thats how i feel about this NEW EU. And i strongly daubt its going 2 be better. MA is probably aiming HIGHER then the $5/Hour they said in xfire chat a while agoo they had as goal EVERY player would generate/pay SO RIP EU. The greed will eventually kill this game :confused:

Nothing to complain about here :D (noticed a minor bug though, might be my computer thats messing up again :rolleyes:)

Well, i didn't see anything negative so far.

Mob changes are quite ok, makes hunting revamped mobs more interesting. Tons of new items (and i mean tons, only for crafted weapons, there's 20 slots of unlimited BPs). Also new loot added, for example cb26 to atrox.

Redesigned interfaces look cool, the only drawback is that they've screwed up skill capturing programs. New login is nicer as well, well, anything is better than that parade of make-up victims ;p

Many small, but long awaited bug/feature fixes. New ores, and other resources.

Rx base looks promising in regards to future events.

Overall everything is pretty positive, aside from lag and minor glitches (which plague every VU and should be fixed during the next few days), everything is ok.

Dunno yet still cant get loged in 10 hours later

Thats how i feel about this NEW EU. And i strongly daubt its going 2 be better. MA is probably aiming HIGHER then the $5/Hour they said in xfire chat a while agoo they had as goal EVERY player would generate/pay SO RIP EU. The greed will eventually kill this game :confused:

I doubt that. Everyone haven't quit so far ;) why should they now? :D

Well, my first funny lag happened 30 minutes into the game when my weapon got stuck and i skipped around as a old longu slowly took chunks out of me.....

And just after I finally died, I got thrown out. Logging in found myself at a revive ........

:D

Heh, if only i would get a penny or 10 cents...everytime i heard this tone 10 minutes after new VU, ...it is too early dudes, take a break and wait a bit... I am pretty sure things will be more or less same after few weeks, and the fury is settled by then, and youll be clicking happily again...

or quit alltogether...i have seen that too...:silly2:

I personally think that the new vu is one of the better ones that I have seen thus far. The mobs may regen and have more hp but they don't hit any harder from what I could tell. Thus making it possible for team hunts on these mobs more interesting. I hate team hunting and only getting in one shot on a mob like atrox or feffs. Yes they cost more to kill but I seemed to get better loot than the "normal" loots I got before the VU. I hope they do get the lag under control soon because it almost made it impossible to do anything in certain spots. Funny thing is when I finally got logged on I went and killed a couple feffs, then headed straight to Ithica. I ran all the way to the bottom and back up and didn't see a single mob. Then I received a messege in red saying that entropia would be offline for a few minutes that i had 3 minutes to log off. when I came back there were mobs everywhere lol guess they forgot to code in respawns or something. Eitherway I like the new Items, the mob makeover somewhat, and new bps always rock although it will be a loong time before i can use them. I know several ppl will not like the new VU, but personally I do.

Heh, if only i would get a penny or 10 cents...everytime i heard this tone 10 minutes after new VU, ...it is too early dudes, take a break and wait a bit... I am pretty sure things will be more or less same after few weeks, and the fury is settled by then, and youll be clicking happily again...

or quit alltogether...i have seen that too...:silly2:

And here comes the sky is falling/whining.

I like the new VU :yay:

Checklist....

Do I hunt trox - No
Do I hunt Feff.Maff - No
Do I go to CP - Only enroute to CND
Do I hunt Combibo- yes sometimes but i can do without

Only a little lag and disconnects bothering me - good VU :wtg:

I love the new VU. :yay:

Just need to work a bit on the lagg, some very nice new toys introduced. :wtg:

I like that we get short names back. And that we get new paints, especially Dark Umber, something that I dreamt about for a long time (I'm a bit obsessed with the Umber :silly2:).

I don't like that I can't kill a feffoid with my breer anymore, it regens too fast. I also wonder how noobs will deal with Combibos, since it's now takes 1.5 times more ammo to kill one with an opalo because of regen.

I'm afraid of what they're going to do with my primary hunting target - an Argo - in future VUs.

I like the new vu so far got a 415 ped hof and can now edit name back to way it was before plus i heard we have L-mindfoce stuff now.
so looking good so far except for the crashes but not getting any lag and some new emotes cool to play with.
Very pleased so far with vu.

Yeah, it's good all over. Lag is a bit mad - I had the same "No mobs anywhere" while looking for Feffs, and when they suddenly all appeared, they started "vanishing" half way through me killing them, so I ran them back to Fury Turret, but the turret didn't shoot....

Anyway, all this sort of stuff is common directly after a VU, give it a mini-patch and let the lag chill out and overall I think we got a good VU.

bad lag at moments, and constant disconects drive me nuts, about 20 times in 40 mins

1 point so far! i like the new auction! lol

but then again, the plants, or maybe it were just all the people testing the new VU brought a huge lag to Twin.. i hope that is temperary..
the new "k" interface is nice, but harder to read..

oh i also like that you can change your name now,

soon i am going to test some troxes,, look how much more hp+regen they got now and what the change of the loot on that is.. (as with ambu's, i know they started giving better loot after the change)

I like the new VU :yay:

Checklist....

Do I hunt trox - No
Do I hunt Feff.Maff - No
Do I go to CP - Only enroute to CND
Do I hunt Combibo- yes sometimes but i can do without

Only a little lag and disconnects bothering me - good VU :wtg:

"they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

When they first did this to ambu, allo, etc., I said they could very well (probably) do this to all mobs eventually, and many said "Nahhh..." :rolleyes:

I hope eventually (almost) everyone is happy having to use L weapons with high markup and losing their asses. If MA doesn't somehow bring down the price of higher dmg/sec L weapons (X1 at 270%? LOL), the future looks pretty pointless to me. Or maybe there are more people willing to deposit lots of money per month than I think...

i hate this VU... sure Feff, Maff give better loot.. but loss will be very bad... in a bad day...

nope... I don't like this shit...

just a couple complaints really...

1. Fix the god dam lag... christ MA makes millions a year you think they can afford some servers that can handle the population of EU? STOP BEING SO CHEAP!!!

2. Yeah... absolutely brilliant idea making the refiners look the exact same... that's not confusing at all... :rolleyes:

3. WTF is with the increasing the regen of all the fucking mobs in game? Like shit... it's to the point now where you can't hunt jack shit with a mid range gun anymore... I mean I used to be able to take out trox's with an ep32 but now... I might as well be smacking them in the nose with my dick cause I can't deal enough damage to lower it's health... unless I wanna spend like 20 ped in ammo doing it...

This bullshit of "balancing" these mobs is a crock of shit. It's just MA's way of forcing people to deposit more in order to buy a bigger gun that deals more damage...

Christ MA if you want people to spend more money have the balls to say it to our face... don't do these little covert raise the regen lvl of mobs and call it "balancing"... we're not stupid, we know what you're doing.

Those are my biggest complaints so far about this VU although I'm sure there will be more...

I like the name change.

I found some bugs though.

If you open inventory and move an object to re-arrange it (without taking it "out"), two things happen:

1) it will lose any key assignment it had.
2) it will remove any icon from your desktop that it had.

This wasn't the case before the VU, and it's downright annoying because I like to put things in a certain order in my inventory. I haven't checked to see if the same thing happens when you repair objects, but it does happen when you "autoarrange" them as well.

Also, moving items from storage to inventory seems to take forever. Opening BP books up seems to take forever. This is beyond any normal lag on the server, it seems.

None of these bugs are so bad that they can't be fixed quickly though. :D

Lag fest 2008 version 9.3

Holy friggin L A G batman...
So far that's my only complaint since I can't get out of my own way to see anything else. I may have been ingame for all of 10-15 minutes before I got so fed up:mad: I know with each VU comes it's glitches and they will be worked out in time.... I'll try logging in later to see if the lag issues have been resolved...

The mob changes are just a big cheat and totally ridiculous. It didn´t say anything after the Ambu change but I have to say it once just to feel better...

They nerfed so many weapons with this change it´s a real shame. After all the the mobs have been adjusted a Maddox IV + Beast will just be a shitty little noob weapon.
Especially the fast regeneration sucks and is totally unrealitic.
I really skilled a lot the last month and now Im asking for what? My target was to use a unL weapon once and have some fun but all unL weapons in a reasonable price range are totally worthless soon.

Bah.... nothing more to say.... (well, actually I have a lot to say but it´s not worth it....)
The VU had a lot of bugs for me (repair terminal, rubber banding,...) and was almost unplayable for me today but that doesn´t really bother me.

The mob changes are just a big cheat and totally ridiculous. It didn´t say anything after the Ambu change but I have to say it once just to feel better...

They nerfed so many weapons with this change it´s a real shame. After all the the mobs have been adjusted a Maddox IV + Beast will just be a shitty little noob weapon.
Especially the fast regeneration sucks and is totally unrealitic.
I really skilled a lot the last month and now Im asking for what? My target was to use a unL weapon once and have some fun but all unL weapons in a reasonable price range are totally worthless soon.

Bah.... nothing more to say.... (well, actually I have a lot to say but it´s not worth it....)
The VU had a lot of bugs for me (repair terminal, rubber banding,...) and was almost unplayable for me today but that doesn´t really bother me.

SKY IS FALLING! I repeat SKY IS FALLING!

with the extra peds on mobs.. i lost my feeling "i progressed in game"... now its more like "I lost 2 years of progressing in game".. and why these fucking nerf?!... if we get too skilled.. on what is bad for MA?!? we would just spend more money on bigger mobs and buy better weapon, armor... Now what will kill EU is another MMO "Real" Economy... would been better if MA just added new mobs or increase maturity in Some Area

Well the Lag is just because of the mass of players online, checking things out. It will be better soon. Same happened with the silly, drop mass mobs in piles event.

I only had time to shoot some trox and a few feffs.

Can't really say I enjoy the high hp on small trox, makes them pretty damn boring now. Sure, more hp is SUPPOSED to mean higher average loot, but what it really amounts to is a higher average gamble. So basically it puts trox, which were always a fun, lower level mob, into a more expensive category. Just means I'll probably be hunting them less now. :(

I was however, glad to see trox Doms and such to still be rather easily kill-able. I was figuring the hp would be so high as to require a pretty big dmg/sec gun. A pair of korss+104 did fine.

Im really suprised to see the regens on trox and feff aren't the same as the allo's, esto and ambu. Wonder why they didn't make them super-retarded fast like them?

Back