does MA make a profit on returning items TT-ed by mistake?

is it fair and good customer support to ask 1K ped to return TT-ed items?

• price seems fair but i think its bad customer support

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • pprice seems unfair and i think its bad customer support

Votes: 68 34.7%
  • the price seems fair and its your own fault!

Votes: 85 43.4%
  • this is boring i want some EFD

Votes: 32 16.3%

• Total voters

FallenAngel

Stalker
Society
Free!
Fallen Yours Angel
I'm wondering, how much time and effort does it take to return a tt-ed item?
how much does a support monkey cost per hour? (no offense to monkeys or support ppl)
if a support employee would cost MA $45 a hour and they figure about $5 costs (wear on chair,server strain etc) is it really taking them 2 hours or more to process a request to return a TT-ed item?

I have been lucky so far, but have had a few close calls, including lag being a factor.

Knowing that the community has been asking for a locking mechanism to prevent this for as long as i have been on this forum, considering the game isnt perfect do you think it is fair/good customer support to handle this issue the way MA does?

I would estimate it would take about 5minutes to confirm the item was tt'd, and another 5 minutes to return it. :)

So yes, the do make profit on it :)

This service must be paid to prevent excessive usages.

But $100 is very expensive IMO.

I consider the price under cleint perpective, not MA cost. (And I don't care if the tech guy needs 2 hour SQL'ing his DB or only 1 min clicking the line on its DB tool, it's MA problem to develop their interface.)

When I buy a car, if I have a minor problem with it, I expect the seller to repair it for free the first time. :)

When I buy a car, if I have a minor problem with it, I expect the seller to repair it for free the first time. :)

Yeah, but when you buy a car and drive it to a wall, should the seller pay the repair? ;)

Yeah, but when you buy a car and drive it to a wall, should the seller pay the repair? ;)

Of course not, if the car is totally destroyed. :banghead:

But all of us are tiny particles from MA eyes, so an amp is nothing (read 0.00) for them.

Yes, since it was lagging ;)

That I was drunk had nothing to do with it!!! :rolleyes:

Cant vote.

Price is too expensive even if it's your own fault. ;)

1000 Peds is a lot when you think about it.
At that price, I'll assume someone does not make the mistake 2 times.

Maybe 500 Peds would be enough.
Even if it take 1 hour to give back a single item to a single Avatar, 100$/hour is too expensive.

Last edited:
I wish i had 1k PED :(

But seriously, it's user fault that the item was tted, so is logical that the player has to pay to Mindark, but the 1k PED are there because it's supposed to be used on really expensive and necessar items.

Ex: 1k PED for a Mod FAP is nothing (a small fraction in fact).

I thought this is a temp solution anyway...

and remembering that they once replaced a (non-L) Korss by mistake, an item that wasn't even ingame yet, it... well... let them have plenty of time to do their research :p

They told us they would never allow anyone to get anything back that had been TT'd for any amount of money, so I think it's good that they changed there mind and now you can.
1K ped is nothing for the people that genuinly need this option.

the Price of Stupidity is...........1000 peds :) (or lag if u want it that way) :)

Some things to remember.

1st, MA does not have as big a staff as some of us might imagine. Their labor force is quite small, so every extra action that the support staff has to do increases their workload quite a bit. (btw, we want them to keep a small staff. The more MA keeps their costs down, the better our loot. ;))

1000 peds for returning a kobold harness you accidentally TT'd seems harsh because you can just go buy a new one. But accidentally TTing your shadow harness, and suddenly, that 1000 peds seems more than fair for 100% guarantee you get it back.

Also, they had to make a fee large enough to both cover expenses, plus discourage over-use. For reasons, see my first point above.

I say 1000 peds return fee is fine. Just be v-e-r-y careful around the trade terminal :D

There was that huge tt egg that dropped from spiders. 3.4k tt in a decoration.

Was some talk back then that would be better to tt it and pay 1k peds to get the egg back. (Then you get it at 0 tt)

Sure you loose 1k peds but you get 2.4k peds on your card that u can actually circulate.

Now assume that the fee was lower, then it would definetly be exploited. Alot of the big ul tt weapons would be cashed in.

Some things to remember.

~snip~

1000 peds for returning a kobold harness you accidentally TT'd seems harsh because you can just go buy a new one. But accidentally TTing your shadow harness, and suddenly, that 1000 peds seems more than fair for 100% guarantee you get it back.

Also, they had to make a fee large enough to both cover expenses, plus discourage over-use. For reasons, see my first point above.

I say 1000 peds return fee is fine. Just be v-e-r-y careful around the trade terminal :D

i understand what your saying about the shadow and it does sound reasonable, but im sure there are many players on a budget, and $30 dollars for a game per month could be quite alot of money for some ppl/countries.

and then TT-ing your a104 amp will feel like TT-ing a shadow part, and if you are then charged $100 dollars with say 50% or more of that being "discouragement" i think you would be extremely unhappy, even if it were ones own fault, and if as has almost happpened to me, due to dragging one item and finding something completely different in the TT alot more than just unhappy? :)

and if they charged what it costs, and it was used alot, then they could hire a extra employee?

or they could code a item lock?
as requested by many? :)
that can hardly be rocket science,a "do not tt" flag on every item.

I don't like this policy at all. If the player can prove they accidently TTed any item of any value MA should return it at 0.00 TT. This will get the equipment back to the player and MA will get compensated when the player has to repair his item after stupidity.

Was some talk back then that would be better to tt it and pay 1k peds to get the egg back. (Then you get it at 0 tt)

Sure you loose 1k peds but you get 2.4k peds on your card that u can actually circulate.

Now assume that the fee was lower, then it would definetly be exploited. Alot of the big ul tt weapons would be cashed in.

the egg I can see as an issue but MA can tag items that can't be TTed just as they can tag items that can't go in the auction.

IF you TT something worth 1200PED and playing this game on $15 a month......

It would only take you 67~ Months to save up pay the fee and get your item back !

If such a service did not exist, it would take you 80 months to save up and buy a new one !

So clearly, this service is awesome and a fair price.. saving you 13 whole months (in this example:))

I wouldnt call it income - its punishement for not being attentive solely implemented because of Joe Jeff xxSquallxx who TTed his 35k$ (discutable :scratch2:) amp. And that after they announced that under any circuimstances (spelling) noone can get their item after they TTed it.

Get it? Or not? And which part you didnt catch if you dont get it :laugh:

I.

It's like all other things here.

For Uber with Uberstuff very good.
All others can pay for their "shit" stuff again.

Falke

Item Lock :yay: as discussed many times :D

The situation has changed imho in 10.0/10.1

The accidental repair /tt mistake cannot be made anymore, because the repair terminal now looks totally different compared to the trade terminal.
Accidentally tt-ing your shadow harness?? I don't think so. the repair terminal is the small thingy now.

So the only way to tt stuff is when you actuall want to tt stuff.
Just be careful, especially when there is lag.
check, check again, check to make sure you checked, then hit the button

dumbasses pay the fine.

The situation has changed imho in 10.0/10.1

The accidental repair /tt mistake cannot be made anymore, because the repair terminal now looks totally different compared to the trade terminal.
So the only way to tt stuff is when you actuall want to tt stuff.
Just be careful, especially when there is lag.
check, check again, check to make sure you checked, then hit the button

dumbasses pay the fine.

This is actually wrong.

I am actually raising ped to cover the lost of a item that have been tt'ed which is caused by a somewhat bug/issue in VU10. Donate and receive

And the bug that occured there is being explained by the one who have it there : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/167723-bug-dragged-item-swapped-another-one-tt-storage.html

MA is making people pay for mistake we are not 100% making which is a bug in VU10 so far. (if you dont have it, fine for you, some are having it its a bug tho)

I dont think they should ask for a fee to return item while VU10 is still buggy.

On my case i could prove it by fact what happened, and some more are claiming about the same issue in the specified thread.

Its like you just swing your finger foward and back and then someone puts a trigger gun while you do that then you endup shooting a bullet that kill someone. Are you a murderer? Is it the fault of the one that put the gun there or its your fault since u had to verify what u are doing everytime you swing your finger?

You see what i mean? im ok in taking a % of the fault. but not 100% NO WAY! Not in VU10. Ma put a item in the trade terminal because of faulty code and then i sell it... but i never put that item there i just confirmed. I shoulnt assume 100% of that mistake because the 1st part of the problem wasnt caused by me.

Last edited:
Item Lock :yay: as discussed many times :D

Everything on this forum has been discussed many times.

The only new one is "Is sweat getting too expensive?" :D

(just a joke)

Nah, Since u can decay them, and they cant be lower then 50% of their TT so u will have to repair it back to 50% before beeing able to use them.

Whilst if you just hunt with it its np.

About the That decoration egg, yeah its only worth to do that IF u think its Mu is more then +1k else just tt it and keep the 3,4k ped instead of 2,4K.

MA is making people pay for mistake we are not 100% making which is a bug in VU10 so far. (if you dont have it, fine for you, some are having it its a bug tho)

If you did not look at the confirm box before you clicked it, that's your problem. Even with tons of lag, that box should still have come up and listed everything in the TT that you were selling... If you did not take the time to read that box and all the stuff in it, that is 100% your fault.

dumbasses pay the fine.

Imo dumbasses forgot that MA stated the 1000 ped fine was a temporary solution ;)

FFS MA, Just put a freaking lock on items and put this one to sleep already MA.

1k is fair for to pay for an personal fuckup :p if its a bug one shoulden't be charged and its bad and all, so it's abit touch and go really

The title of the thread does not match the poll. I came in to answer the question, no, MA does not profit from the the fee charged as the money is put into the economy. However, this was not a poll option and really not what the poll is about.

Thus, is it fair? Yes, for anything worth paying 1000 ped to get it back.

Good or bad customer support? They have a return policy. You accidently throw something away in real life, the dump doesn't return anything for any price.

The title of the thread does not match the poll. I came in to answer the question, no, MA does not profit from the the fee charged as the money is put into the economy. However, this was not a poll option and really not what the poll is about.

Thus, is it fair? Yes, for anything worth paying 1000 ped to get it back.

Good or bad customer support? They have a return policy. You accidently throw something away in real life, the dump doesn't return anything for any price.

do you have a quote from a MA official to back up that the peds return to the economy?

as i dont post that many polls or start that many threads i didnt realise the thread title/poll title would work the way it did.

Back