Question: Does Perception skill effect distance you can spot fruits (dung, stones)?

Does Perception effect distance you can spot fruits (stones, dung)?

• Yes

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 130 59.4%
  • Dont care :)

Votes: 68 31.1%

• Total voters

Taz

Guardian
Society
Cz-Sk Crows
Mike Taz Irons
If so i expect some curve limiting to zero, like many others in EU.

I don't think anyone knows for sure how perception works for sure but I would guess it has absolutely nothing to do with the free stuff MA gives away ;)

When I was young in EU, my old soc leader told me biology would help me see fruit further away... I don't think that is true either.

there are a few theories about perception, a lot of people believe that a perception gain means a global nearby, or as you said, fruit, dung etc..but the one that is most consitent for me is a green dot will appear on your radar..ofc i have globaled soon after a perception gain, but more often than not, it is nothing but a green dot for me :scratch2:

All who post here KNOW..

Look at their clothes! And their armour! they know! And they all say perception does nothing! (because they don't want mindark to know they know, because otherwise Mindark will change it again!)

All who post here KNOW..

Look at their clothes! And their armour! they know! And they all say perception does nothing! (because they don't want mindark to know they know, because otherwise Mindark will change it again!)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: true

there are a few theories about perception, a lot of people believe that a perception gain means a global nearby, or as you said, fruit, dung etc..but the one that is most consitent for me is a green dot will appear on your radar..ofc i have globaled soon after a perception gain, but more often than not, it is nothing but a green dot for me :scratch2:

This is the "theory" that I find most real also. Perception = Player close to be
on radar. If this really is the case, I guess it´s one hell of a PVP skill.

just came in my mind that there was a way to find loads of fruits/dung
fast but it was removed long ago, i asked support if they could bring it back
and they answered like they had no idea it has been there
maybe it was a bug then :laugh: but helped to get 1k fruits pretty fast
and back then even dung had a price like 5 pec each or so...

All who post here KNOW..

first of all, i posted here and i dont KNOW ...and if i did KNOW something, i would share my knowledge with the community, so everyone would benefit until mindark found out, for you to make an assumption that i or anyone that post here knows something and using there inventory of proof is absurd... tell me?? with all i KNOW why did i have to sell my shadow, adj fap, and imp2870 and now have gremlin, 2875 and emt 2350, ohhhhh hmmmm, maybe its cus MA found out what i knew and changed it again... get real

Most ppl know not to take me seriously all the time...
Some don't take me seriously at all..
Sorry if I offended you.. It was meant to be a joke, hence all the ! !

When I was young in EU, my old soc leader told me biology would help me see fruit further away... I don't think that is true either.
Biology wouldn't have any logic to it... Botany on the other hand...

Feeding the conspiracies :p

I go with the "Green Dot just on edge of radar" theory.

If there is a correlation between Perc gain and globals, I must miss the one with loot just about every time ;)

:ahh:sorry if i misunderstood you, i dont know you to know you are being a smartass, i like it!!! kinda hard to know the way people mean things through text.

lmao @ Spawn & Mega :coffee: on topic, i'm with you Mega... if this means a global nearby i'm def. on the baddest luck group in here... since i've never gotten any from it, ah well one more to feed the "pool" huhuh ... someone's gotta do it :rolleyes:

I have no idea - I've only ever found fruit or dung so few times I can't even remember the last time. And stones - I've only found stones once - just stepping out of a TP.

Maybe if these things weren't as rare as globals...

A friend finds loads of fruit and stones - way more than me. We think it may be tied to Analysis, Botany and perception, we have about the same perception (inspiring) but his botany and analysis are higher.

Fruits etc are contiguous within EU i.e. the same fruit pile can be found by different players, until picked up...

So... that shouldn't affect the number of fruit pile an ava finds...just depends where they are and walk. While mining on TI once I picked up four fruit piles in the space of a few minutes.

Not to throw a spaner in the works but after seing this I did this for a while :scratch2: then the thought came to me...

I notice that i get perception while im in battle, never pvp'ed so this info only comes from me fighting mobs. I think perception is the skill in anicipating your oponents next move, would perception, evade and dodge be linked?

What do you think?

Fruits etc are contiguous within EU i.e. the same fruit pile can be found by different players, until picked up...

So... that shouldn't affect the number of fruit pile an ava finds...just depends where they are and walk. While mining on TI once I picked up four fruit piles in the space of a few minutes.

Thats right finds are the same for all ppl ... but i was asking about distance .... can somebody with high specific skill (this case Perception) spot the pile earlier than otherone with lower skill? (they must walk both ... it is sure :) )

A friend finds loads of fruit and stones - way more than me. We think it may be tied to Analysis, Botany and perception, we have about the same perception (inspiring) but his botany and analysis are higher.

Do you both move about in the same manner? Running => not seeing fruits; 3rd person mode => seeing more fruits.

Do you both move about in the same manner? Running => not seeing fruits; 3rd person mode => seeing more fruits.

We both look for fruit quite a bit as we have a boatload of sweetstuff we are trying to make into nutrio. He finds more stones as well as fruit, yet my time looking is way greater than his, as i play many more days.
I've recently been scanning to raise botany and analysis - and i do seem to be starting to find more fruit. Nothing Scientific but i certainly have more per time looking, i'll post again in a week or two with more analysis + botany and get back to this thread. ;)
It could of course be all down to luck, but the fact he plays way less than i do kinda swings it IMO, has been doing my head in when we meet up to compare fruit finds :D.

My current skills - aprox 3.3k perception, about 300 botany, and 280 analysis (i know i shouldn't have sold it :D).

His Skills from memory are 3.3k ish perception, 600 ish botany, and i think 1k+ analysis.

And yes we walk to look for fruit, 3rd person yada yada.

Last edited:
It is still the same as it was. Just depends on how you interpret it and use it to your advantage ;).

One thing ...It does not mean global. You can get a global but all it's saying is something is out there. Many people have a misconception about perception...lol

We gotta start giving tests to these society leaders. Next thing you know they will be telling new players that you can skill Concentration by looking at your PED card balance really, really hard.

I don't think MORE perception has anything to do with finding more fruit/sweetstuff/stones etc...
Because when I first started this game I found much more then lately... ofcourse this could be because of MA... But I don't think of them that way... :rolleyes:
I always used the game in 3rd person mode... so I cannot say anything about these modes (first person or 3rd).

GL on the vote... I guess it will be a major NO if you ask me... :yay:

We gotta start giving tests to these society leaders. Next thing you know they will be telling new players that you can skill Concentration by looking at your PED card balance really, really hard.

True...I must concentrate really, really hard to see any balance on my PED card...

I don't think MORE perception has anything to do with finding more fruit/sweetstuff/stones etc...
Because when I first started this game I found much more then lately... ofcourse this could be because of MA... But I don't think of them that way... :rolleyes:
I always used the game in 3rd person mode... so I cannot say anything about these modes (first person or 3rd).

GL on the vote... I guess it will be a major NO if you ask me... :yay:

again :)
I mean distance not amount of fruit (higher perception = higher distance of finds?)... I agree with amount, free stuff is not really free in EU :)
I made a small experiment with my disciple and it seem we spot at same distance, but my perception is not much higher than his (about 600 points diference) So I need somebody with really high perception to this test (few kilos).

Will update first post with picture soon.

I would rather think, that probing gives a higher range.

Perception is the worst skills of all, without any doubt.

It's the skills
that makes people
even more addictive

It's the skills that makes
the believers believe harder
Perception, the skill that makes
you think you can break the bank,
smell the dung and eat the green fruit.

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Perception is the worst skills of all, without any doubt.

It's the skills
that makes people
even more addictive

It's the skills that makes
the believers believe harder
Perception, the skill that makes
you think you can break the bank,
smell the dung and eat the green fruit.

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

You can be addictive and do all the things you said even without this skill .. so what is the difference? :D

Back