Question: Does Perception skill effect distance you can spot fruits (dung, stones)?

Does Perception effect distance you can spot fruits (stones, dung)?

• Yes

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 130 59.4%
  • Dont care :)

Votes: 68 31.1%

• Total voters
You could easily test this. Well....easy in theory anyway.

Get 2 people or more with vastly different perception skills.

Go exploring till one of you finds a ground spawn, a natural ground spawn, not something that has been dropped by a player. Do NOT pick up the item.

Get your friend(s) to come to your loc. Then stand on top of the ground spawn as close as you can to get its loc. Now have everyone back up till it just disappears. Take your loc, and see if one of you was fruther.

You would also need to test this with 2 other people besides yourself. You find the ground spawn and find its loc. Then have them inch towards it till they just see it for the first time. (to make certain its loc isnt cached from the first case above)

If you believe ground spawns are pre-spawned for anyone to find, this should work. If you believe that they have a chance to spawn every time an avatar stops moving, or some other method of avatar spawn, it might not tell you anything.

If any tests provide a different visible range you would know that there is some kinda influence tho.

You could easily test this. Well....easy in theory anyway.

Get 2 people or more with vastly different perception skills.

Go exploring till one of you finds a ground spawn, a natural ground spawn, not something that has been dropped by a player. Do NOT pick up the item.

Get your friend(s) to come to your loc. Then stand on top of the ground spawn as close as you can to get its loc. Now have everyone back up till it just disappears. Take your loc, and see if one of you was fruther.

You would also need to test this with 2 other people besides yourself. You find the ground spawn and find its loc. Then have them inch towards it till they just see it for the first time. (to make certain its loc isnt cached from the first case above)

If you believe ground spawns are pre-spawned for anyone to find, this should work. If you believe that they have a chance to spawn every time an avatar stops moving, or some other method of avatar spawn, it might not tell you anything.

If any tests provide a different visible range you would know that there is some kinda influence tho.

Already did it woth my disciple, but we dont have "vastly different perception skills" unfortunately :rolleyes:
Need somebody with high perception skill (I got about 800 only)

maybe u guys said it all...everyone have the questions about it...:wise:
For me always worked but i never global but the experiences for me is like i0m killing punnys (normaly a mob between 1pec to 3pec) gives me perception i kill all mobs aroun and there is one that gives me 1,75ped:scratch2: (WOW thats great for a punny)/ other experience in mining normaly taking just small claims size V gives perception and 3 bombs further i take a size XII:scratch2: back to size V give me Perception again and i take a size X:scratch2:.
I think that dont means a global but i think that can mean a better prize that the ones that u are taking but dont forget u are hunting gives to u perception and u guys kill all the mobs and dont give u anything maybe the prize is on the ground (mining) thats why i always carry bombs wend i go hunting.

May the HOF be with u guys...:wtg:

Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!

maybe u guys said it all...everyone have the questions about it...:wise:
For me always worked but i never global but the experiences for me is like i0m killing punnys (normaly a mob between 1pec to 3pec) gives me perception i kill all mobs aroun and there is one that gives me 1,75ped:scratch2: (WOW thats great for a punny)/ other experience in mining normaly taking just small claims size V gives perception and 3 bombs further i take a size XII:scratch2: back to size V give me Perception again and i take a size X:scratch2:.
I think that dont means a global but i think that can mean a better prize that the ones that u are taking but dont forget u are hunting gives to u perception and u guys kill all the mobs and dont give u anything maybe the prize is on the ground (mining) thats why i always carry bombs wend i go hunting.

May the HOF be with u guys...:wtg:

...you've said too much already!

Brick

shhh indeed.. this thread should never have been necroed.. omg now everybody will do it.. and I cannot profit anymore. Please close this thread for the love of peds!

oww and please never google "true meaning of perception"

This is the "theory" that I find most real also. Perception = Player close to be
on radar. If this really is the case, I guess it´s one hell of a PVP skill.

that is correct.. usually u gain perce right after someone appears on ur radar.. but u get em randomly also so its not rly helping u in pvp.. and ofcourse u need to be shooting to get the perception gain..

one thing can also be that serendipity helps u find dung/stones/fruits.. in one point i did a small test while trying to hunt good loots from sere gains but ended up finding quite a alot of stones and fruits

Back