Votes: 35 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 97 55.4%
  • IDK

Votes: 43 24.6%

• Total voters

K-roll

Mature
i've been sweating a while now and even though my sweat skill goes up I dont get anymore per hour.:( What do you think?

IDK, seems like it but never kept track of any results

There have been extensive experiments done by many players that prove that SG skill changes nothing, whereas defensive skills make you more efficient.

only thing that SG does is when you have really big skill in it it means that you also have big defensive skills :D

otherwise SG is just a counter:wtg:

yes

to me it matters

Bones

not noticing any diffrence ...
mob size does matter though.

No, it does not matter. You have a fixed 20% chance per attempt to get any. The SG skill was introduced to limit sweatgathering. After a certain number of skillpoints you would get a message 'You are too intune with the universe to gather any further sweat' or something similar. This limit has now been disabled, but the skill remains. Mob maturity and mobtype does influence how much succesfull 'pulls' a mob has, for instance, a snablesnot male young has 1 pull, a daikiba young has 2 pulls, a daikiba mature has 3 pulls. isn't this a faq by now?

what shadowcatcher said...

the best u can do is be more efficient with it.
focus will drastically increase your sweat per hour, so will higher hp and higher evasion skills. anything that makes u get interrupted less or die less will help you, but the SG skill itself is only for cool points ;)

yes

to me it matters

Bones

I think it matters to a extent. I have 983 sweat gather skill. I sweat very often. I don't have data, but in comparison to when I started Sweating seems easier. Dunno could just be my mind playing tricks on me. I agree with Bones. But generally speaking the skill probably is just something to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside for this boring activity we call sweating.:silly2:

By itself it doesn't give you a better chance of getting sweat, but at the same time as you are gaining sweat skills you are also gaining Evade skill. Evade makes it les likely that you will be disturbed and so you can get more sweat in a given period of time.

As Kosmosz and David wrote I think its the evade skil that does the trick.
Just played 4 weeks now and have been sweating some 275 in skill, as the mob hits me less I dont get interupted so I get sweat more often nowadays comparing to the beginning. But I dont get 5 - 600/ hour as some do :scratch2: I'd like to have that much :yay:. But sweating at the right spot is important too. Mostly I sweat at Neas nowadays.
Kosmosz I'll try to catch your skill in 6 months :D :rolleyes:

I have yet to find any conclusive proof that SG does anything other than help raise your Evade skills and other skills.

Mob choice and area seems to matter more than skill.

You learn how to do it better.

I sweat berys in remote areas to keep sweating interference down. If I have to, I lower the MOB's hit points to below 50 percent to keep focused on the task on hand.

I also skill first aid and biotropy with sweating. I get 1k each session I sweat, and to me it doesn't seem to take all that long. But then again, I am very patient. I also walk to gather fruit and stones while sweating.

To sweat, you have to be stoic, and very willing to do things slower then you'd like. That's just how that activity is.

sweat gatherer improve your total skills!

I was unable to find any market value for Sweat Gatherer skill implant neither in peauction nor in other sources. so i assume the skill doesn't matter. :)

This topic should not even have a poll. This is one thing that can be definitively answered about EU (that is a rare occurence). The sweat skill was put into existance to cap the amount of sweat you could gather. This is the reason why it is the only skill that can not be chipped out. Sweat was not supposed to be a way to exist it was supposed to be a way to try before you buy. Sweat skill has no effect on the amount of successes you get or how much you get per pull period. Anyone who tells you differently is experiencing perceptive reality (they believe it so they see the proof instead of believing because you see the proof).

MA lifted the sweat cap in all likelihood to get the price down so MF would develop more interest. The problem is it did not work.

What rly matters in sweating is Lag... when lag is low sweating is good but when lag is big /for example at swamp camp/ sweating is bad.
I noticed this on plenty of times when I used to sweat.. now I dont sweat that much only sometimes anyway..
I still think that there should be cap for amount of sweat that 1 ava can pull in 24h...- sorry for offtop.

Does the Sweat Skill Matter?
Absolutely! It raises your total skill count! But nothing more. Also, I think it would be unfair if an old player would be much better at sweating then newbies, as most of them are dependent on the sweat.

No, it does not matter. You have a fixed 20% chance per attempt to get any. The SG skill was introduced to limit sweatgathering. After a certain number of skillpoints you would get a message 'You are too intune with the universe to gather any further sweat' or something similar. This limit has now been disabled, but the skill remains. Mob maturity and mobtype does influence how much succesfull 'pulls' a mob has, for instance, a snablesnot male young has 1 pull, a daikiba young has 2 pulls, a daikiba mature has 3 pulls. isn't this a faq by now?
The ratio is not fixed, but it averages out to about 20%. Can't find the link to the post right now, but extensive research has been done and published. Ah, found it:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/sweating/51794-sweat-science-experiment.html
I think the sweat cap was not on skill level, but on professional level. In the past people got capped at different skill levels. But this is history :D
I believe Akbar has a thread stating the number of pulls per mob/maturity... Yes:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindforce/41143-sweating-attempts.html

I was unable to find any market value for Sweat Gatherer skill implant neither in peauction nor in other sources. so i assume the skill doesn't matter. :)
Ah, that's because you can't chip the sweating skill. I am sure people would buy the chips if they were around, if only to boost the skill count.

I am sure people would buy the chips if they were around, if only to boost the skill count.

And what does a high skill count get you? Bragging rights? Is that all? People would waste peds on THAT?

Reactions: Fin
And what does a high skill count get you? Bragging rights? Is that all? People would waste peds on THAT?

ermmm...I would :D
Would not mind having 2k SG.
the "real skill level" is shown with INT, Psyche, AGI,STA and STR anyway.

I think I have 1041 points in sweating and the only difference I see is like the others said, I don't die as much so I get more sweat per hour and thats about it. I have timed myself for 1 hour and I think my avg is about 350-450. Sometimes a lot better but hardly ever lower than 190-200. Never get 1K consistancely.

Each pull is 2-22.

It's worth re-iterating that. ;)

Sometimes it's low:

Sometimes it's high:

Overall, I dont think sweat skill matters, just defence skills, HP, agility oh and an endless supply of Cola / Coffee.

:sweat:

A lot of societies base ranks on total skill level. There are times when I've been 20 pts short and stood in PA and scanned everyone repeatedly.

it is quite unlikely that the sweat skill matters

i have 2400 pts in SG and i can't see a difference in getting that

the last experiment i did with ~1600 pts, and counted 10k successful pulls

i came to pretty much 20% success rate, and 12 average per pull (i had 12632 sweat or so after that)

what helps, is imo
-evade skill
-HP
-buddies, in team you can share hits and live longer and who can kill the mob
-focus, maybe one of your buddies can do that
-heal, also buddy maybe
-useful mob, for example chicken, with acceptable spawn

i am generally more into tactical and intelligent team sweating (i know that the abbrevation of that is tits, but it wasnt 100% intentended) than a friend of swamp camp (chaos) or neas (more organized, but still crowded, no useful chance for evade gain either)

either way, happy :sweat:
...it is the only skill that can not be chipped out.

MA lifted the sweat cap in all likelihood to get the price down so MF would develop more interest. The problem is it did not work.
it still has a horrible eco :p

even with ME at tt it had a pretty bad eco #D
yes, higher focus chips too, since they have SIB and you are far away from a useful damage interval due to that

besides, mentor skill cant be chipped either :D

SG skill does matter

..for your total skills, nothing more :)

ermmm...I would :D
Would not mind having 2k SG.
the "real skill level" is shown with INT, Psyche, AGI,STA and STR anyway.

yeah i think it does... but then again since i have started i used to only get about 250-500 in a day ( 4 hours max, normal 3) so that was what i aimed for. no adays i can aim for 1k-1.5k a day and get it so it must be something.

will edit this post later with more.

I think the help comes because you don't die as much when you get to the higher lvl because of the other defense skills you have aquired along the way. I am a lvl 11 and the only difference I see is more attempts per hour because of what I mentioned above.

certainly with higher skills you can get more per hour/day. what skills they are is another matter.

Yes, the sweatgathering skill does matter.
The more - the better.

Because this skill is one of the few that cannot be chiped and the high skill of sweatgathering means one thing - practice. If your skill is high then you certainly have a lot of experience in sweatgathering. And experience does matter. A lot !
Right now i think i'm far better sweatgatherer than i was an year ago, or two months ago. Chasing the mobs like a madman with a green ray gun helped me learning the dynamics of swetgathering, the mobs, tactics, prices, eco calculations, locations, skillgains, equipment and much more. All this is valuable experience and it's made with practice. It can't be learned only by reading strategy guides. Knowledge is one thing, experience is another. It's best if you have them both of course ;)

The boost of the other skills while sweatgathering is a nice thing, but it's not all that important. The skills can be boosted in other, more effective methods. But to be a good sweatgatherer - you need high sweatgathering skill. If you sweat 3-4k for one year even at 800 sweat per hour ratio - you'll have like 200-300 skill max. Are you an effective sweatgatherer then ? I don't think so. If you need larger amounts of sweat - you'll still have to buy it. If you make it by yourself - your skill will go up. It's as simple as that :D

On the other hand, all the people with high level SG skill say that it does not give direct bonus to chance of success or quantity gathered and they are better now because of the more evade and HP. But as we know EU is dynamic, so nobody can tell if the situation will be the same when someone hit 10k SG skill :coffee:

My 2 pec :twocents:

the last experiment i did with ~1600 pts, and counted 10k successful pulls

if we could compile a list of all the skills we thing that matters in SG then perhaps a few of us (more the better i would think) could repeat your experiment. if we knew there skill point in all the skills we think count towards SG then we can see against it the amount of successful pulls out of 10K each person gets.

then buy cross matching the different skills and success (like high concentration but low evade against some one with opposite) we can see what really makes a differences

we would also be able to see clearly if skills matter to success by looking at the persons overall skills (out of the few we choose to look at because we think/no it makes a difference to SG) and see if people with higher skills get more sweat ect.

Back