Does typing in wrong password lock account?

well, on the original deleted thread when it turned into a dicussion on the liability of MA and what they may or may not return, someone suggested one reason they wouldnt reverse trades was incase someone decided to chip out, sell everything and wake up the next morning and change their mind. no doubt this thread will be deleted soon.

well, on the original deleted thread when it turned into a dicussion on the liability of MA and what they may or may not return, someone suggested one reason they wouldnt reverse trades was incase someone decided to chip out, sell everything and wake up the next morning and change their mind. no doubt this thread will be deleted soon.

The other thread was deleted by request of the thread starter, not because of any forum rules.

No reason for this thread to be locked or deleted that I can see.

i realise no rules were broken, i was rather thinking that the thread starter will ask for this to be deleted too, and the whole story disappear into EU folk lore.

Ok maybe I need to clarify a few things here.

I believe MA does have a certain liability when it comes to hackings, accidental TT'ing of expensive items etc.

Do you really think its alright if you tt a mod fap one day and MA refuses to give it back? That is something that if ever brought into court would turn agains't MA's favor very quickly.

Now lets say, someone hacks your account somehow, drops your items on the ground and another avatar picks them up. You contact support saying items are missing etc. Support would say "well items were dropped and then picked up by another avatar"

Lets say those items were Mod fap etc.

Do you really think the person who's just been robbed of a $35,000 + item would just take it as a loss? Especially when MA has all the power to rectify the situation? Hell, even in WoW, my wife deleted my account because I was playing too much (or so she says!).. I simply called blizzard up and they restored the account. Ofcourse they gave me the "don't let it happen again" speech but it wasn't over $50,000 in items that I had recently deposited into MA for.

I am apalled at the way things are handled at MA especially when this came about.. It happened on a weekend for one, so NO one was at MA's office to handle the issue, there was no kind of account lockout system that I could initiate.. I mean what if someone started chipping skills out? That would be a horrible mess.

I think we can all agree that theres a huge problem with trust and Mindark. And IF mindark wouldn't return my items to me, or to someone else if this happened to them, then thats just wrong. After all, there just pixels.

Ok maybe I need to clarify a few things here.

all that other stuff aside, do mind clarifying if you were hacked, if so how you believe it was done and what happend with getting back in OK as someone reported above?

it would be hard for MA to repay items though... lots of Fraud and such could take place... people saying...my account was hacked... now pay me back... when in actuallity it was their friend holding on their items or something... so now they have double the money they orginally deposited...

I am not saying this is what happened to you... i am just saying this would be one of many problems for MA...

If you were hacked you have to take the legal routes IRL.. FBI... internet crimes division... if this is a true case of hacking will be your best route... 35k usd is nothing to sneeze at...

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
National White Collar Crime Center
FBI — Federal Bureau of Investigation Homepage

that is if you cant get resolution through MA... i think they are reasonable people though...they are very understanding... give them a call on monday...

written support isnt much help you much call

Agreed with Joker here: that much much money should start raising a lot of questions for any company, regardless of EULAs and such.
They at least have to investigate; and yes... while you have an obligation to protect your investment the best you can they still have some liability.
Call them and see what they can do. Oh... and please let us know.

just to get it all back on topic!

Did SammySosa get hacked?
Did he get his avi back?
How - it is still a weekend?
Is it (avi) empty - no skills/items?

Did he get his avi back?

I'm curious too. The avi was logged in, going from storage to tt multiple times, I scanned it and saw champion laser sniper and med health, freelancer, it had burgandy coloured clothes and shades on. I tried to initiate a private chat and called its name but no response. This was at 5.26pm yesterday gmt - how long is this after he first made the origional post about being hacked!!! I cant help but think what is going down here. On the thread he asked to be closed he stated he did contact ma who told him to log into eu site and send a support, he logged the conversations and posted them, and he seemed to poo poo this advice, the thing is, he got to speak to someone somehow, cant remember how exactly, but due to his high net worth, if he had sent that suport - the acct woulda been locked down for sure cos someone at MA knew about it! So what happened, did he not send the support? If he didnt, then 1 why the hell not - disregarding the advice given surely jeopardises everything? and 2 he could have logged back into his avi at 5.30 pm yesterday cos it logged out moments after i posted - and didnt log back in for at least 30 mins cos thats how long i waited. I was browsing this thread at the same time as sammy, when i posted he was browsing this thread, he didnt post asking me something like'hey if it logs tell me stright away'. I would have done that if 60,000 was on the line. Hell i woulda done that if it was a day 1 account.

And wheres sammy's m8's? People who have him on their FL, posting about his ingame whearabouts like that poor dude robullo or w/e the name? People rally round when the shit hits the fan, and try and help, however small or meaningless it might be. But nothing here, not a single post just curious onlookers like myself waiting for the truth to emerge. This is fishier than Cap'n Birdseyes fingers.

The shit hit the fan... big.

Sam, its common sense you buy a 20$ gold card when your investment in the game is over 100$...

Either you don't seem to worry much about cash, or you are too illuded about the real nature of people.

Besides, the feeling we get from you, here in this forum, is that you are a target that came in to the game and bought your way up.

That in itself makes you a bigger target, and it really doesn't surprise me you got hacked.

Anyways, sometimes, the real thief isn't an online person, but a close "friend" IRL.

Take your time to analyse if someone you know might of done it, ask MA's for IP records, etc...

Wish you luck on recovering your account and items... with MA.... you'll need it.

Surround the avatar with 8 or so people so it cant move, then move a bunch of large pets around the avatar! Jail for you my friend :)

On a serious note, please update us on what is going on! I really hope everything is going ok...
Andy

I'm doing a little 'detective work' on the subject of hacking, can you share details of this? Lots of hack reports since XFire...

XFire does not send the userid password of EU anymore as a bug report.

Surround the avatar with 8 or so people so it cant move, then move a bunch of large pets around the avatar! Jail for you my friend :)

On a serious note, please update us on what is going on! I really hope everything is going ok...
Andy

Only works if you also surround the revival. Otherwise you can get out in a minute by pressing T.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

First of all, scammers/hacker suck big time and should go to RL jail. :(
I hope very much that your account is ok and nothing is lost.

Apart from that, I kinda disagree with most of what you have posted in this thread:
I believe MA does have a certain liability when it comes to hackings, accidental TT'ing of expensive items etc.
TTing expensive stuff by mistake, yes.
Hacking no. That's police business. MA must ofc cooperate with the police.

Now lets say, someone hacks your account somehow, drops your items on the ground and another avatar picks them up. You contact support saying items are missing etc. Support would say "well items were dropped and then picked up by another avatar"

Lets say those items were Mod fap etc.

Do you really think the person who's just been robbed of a $35,000 + item would just take it as a loss? Especially when MA has all the power to rectify the situation?...
Why blame MA if your computer is hacked? They're not responsible for the security on your computer.

MA will ofc eagerly cooperate with authorities (police) if requested.

Maybe you suggest that MA hire 10 private investigators to find out who did what in all reported scams/hacks they receive?
Or maybe they should just hand back items, when someone claims they were robbed, without a thorough investigation? (MA, Sammy stole my imk2... Please give it back to me)

Nah, you're in charge of your computer, and if a crime is committed you report to the police and MA, and help them to (hopefully) catch the mean little creep who did the crime.

I think we can all agree that theres a huge problem with trust and Mindark. And IF mindark wouldn't return my items to me, or to someone else if this happened to them, then thats just wrong. After all, there just pixels.
Nope, I don't see any problems with trust and MA.

I sure hope MA don't give back any items to anyone, just based on a claim that they were stolen.
I sure don't hope MA hire a security team to investigate all scams/hacks and then decide who should get/lose which items after a scam/hack.

Tell me, why is Entropia Universe so different from other games that it absolutely REQUIRES a 'gold card' ?
It doesn't REQUIRE a GC.

It's your computer, you're in charge of the security.
You decide whether you need a GC.

It does however seem, that a lot people are unable to make a good decision on their own, and then blame MA...
So... Maybe it's time for MA to enforce GC on accounts with 1k+ peds. :scratch2:

Last edited:

Andy

Of course if you have a teleport chip, that wouldnt work.

Update:

All items have been returned to me. I am now just awaiting MA's response to change my email (my email was closed - gg google :(

Update:

All items have been returned to me. I am now just awaiting MA's response to change my email (my email was closed - gg google :(

so... you were hacked and how, this is still unclear? how have you got your items returned, via MA or by others catching them in the market? was this a prank by someone you know?

Update:

srry just to be clear.. who returned teh items? mindark?
and was that just items or were extracted skills envolved? and if so was there a 10% loss for chipping out?

Sammy, that's good to hear.

We'd like more details as to how things were returned, etc. Please let us know how MA handled this, and what has been discovered about the incident.

AG

Good to hear you got your items back.

Now get ya self a Gold Card! lol

Maybe they weren't really gone? A bug maybe? :scratch2:
Explain please.

Oh right... And go get that GC! :laugh:

Tell me, why is Entropia Universe so different from other games that it absolutely REQUIRES a 'gold card' ? I have accounts with major investing brokerages and have hundreds of thousands in them, yet I don't need a damn security card.

HELLO SIR, MY NAME IS AHMED MAHULLAH SCAMYOU FROM NIGERIA!

I AM THE EXECUTER OF THE WILL OF THE LATE OHNOESMYPEDS WHO DIED BEFORE HIS TIME AND LEFT FIFTEEN MILLION DOLLARS IN AN ACCOUNT WHICH I HAVE THE ACCESS CODES TO

I NEED YOUR HELP MY FRIEND TO TRANSFER THESE FUNDS! PLEASE SEND US ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS! IN EXCHANGE YOU CAN KEEP 1% OF THE TOTAL SUM!

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR SPEEDY REPLY!

Reactions: dj.
Just happened to see Sammy in the auction house at Ithaca. Sammy gots some skills. :)

Did he get his avi back?

How did he get his avi back?
How did he managed to have items/skills intact/back?

I bet the answers will help this guy a lot Robullo

Sammy... please explain what happened so we know WTH is going on.
BTW... gratz on getting your stuff back though at this point I'm not sure anyone really understands what what was happening.
tx

Why again do i own an goldcard? is it for show as i can get my items back without it...and i could use the 200 peds for ammo as my ped card shows 100 ped

Yes SammySosa,
Would be nice to get in touch with you
to better understand about this matter.
Please, if possible, send me a pm to
discuss about what happened to you and
if i can take advantage from your experience.
thank you again

Robullo Catullo

Back