Question: Does using amps on mining equipments increases the skill gain?

Does using amps on mining equipment increases skill gains?

• Yes

Votes: 138 64.2%
  • No

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • Could be yes or no.. can't say.

Votes: 51 23.7%

• Total voters

mdubeyg

Old
I was wondering weather using amps on mining equipment increases the skill gains or not. Can anyone tell me?

I didn't actually recorded skill gains; but if you amp up with OA103 or bigger you gain noticeably more skill messages and skills rise faster on bombs dropped.

Can't say it is more profitable in skills to drop the same ped amount of unamped bombs versus lesser bombs but with amp.

Also note that if you use oa101 you might not note it that much; if you use OA109 you will notice it very much :)

I didnt do any detailed skill tracking on amped vs no amp; but it sure seems to be much quicker when i have amps on there.

The more peds you burn with each drop, the more skills you gain.

Well if the more ped you spend per drop equals more skill gains why not save the ped you would have spent and more likely lost on amping and chip the skills in.

Would save a whole lotta aggrivation and I think with the price of skills tanking you could move forward quite a bit by doing this vs amping.

Which takes amping straight back to gamblers or people who are poor at math to use them.

Well if the more ped you spend per drop equals more skill gains why not save the ped you would have spent and more likely lost on amping and chip the skills in.

Would save a whole lotta aggrivation and I think with the price of skills tanking you could move forward quite a bit by doing this vs amping.

Which takes amping straight back to gamblers or people who are poor at math to use them.

No doubt that it's cheaper to buy skills than to gain them youself. But also there are no doubts that more skills are not followed by better returns, so to be honest I dont know ppl who amp just to gain skills faster...

Amps for gamblers or ppl poor at maths??? Can't agree with that... I use amps for fun, cause I love swirles. Skills are just an adition to that - something that can give me some peds in hard times. Skills can also give some satisfaction when they're natural, but I'd never take a big risk just to be proud of my profession lvl...

yes, claims and skill gains are amped (fortunately) :D

yes, much more skill gains with high amps

but amping higher for those gains is not worth it

Definitely don't agree with that. Buying skills cheaper then skill up yourself, probably in most cases.

But mining amped for those who are poor at math. I completely disagree. Ive used plenty of amps and not regretted it a single time. Amps used correctly are quite nice. Yes on a per ped return basis, they can do nothing but drive your return down.

Amps or more decay per see (not sure if that's how you say that in english though) does not really give more skills as most ppl think. However the CHANCE to get a skillgain increase goes up.

Also getting skillgains is dependant on more than just decay, it's dependant on if the area is in the good loot period AND if there is actually anything near you.

To actually measure if amps does give more skillPOINTS is another thing though, but that would require to measure like after each skillgain to see how much you gained sort of.

Amps or more decay per see (not sure if that's how you say that in english though) does not really give more skills as most ppl think. However the CHANCE to get a skillgain increase goes up.

Also getting skillgains is dependant on more than just decay, it's dependant on if the area is in the good loot period AND if there is actually anything near you.

To actually measure if amps does give more skillPOINTS is another thing though, but that would require to measure like after each skillgain to see how much you gained sort of.

According to Legion, anyway. :rolleyes:
Legion are you saying amps don't increase skillgains? Can you back this up with evidence or is this just another statement you pulled out of thin air?
At your school, do they test you or just take your word that you passed?

Please dont say anything about mining and mining theories before you do anything to prove them :rolleyes: The theory you're trying to force is not really unproven, but just wrong - if you mined at least a bit you'd knew that very well... You had your chance, you made a lot of noise, that wasnt followed by any action, but by your exceuses that 1. you dont have time, 2. your coder screwed your software, 3. bla bla bla.

I'm looking at your EF signature now and what do I see? 1 mining global :laugh: And what rank according to Tracker? 1581 of 3366 :laugh: This signature gives the best reason why noone should listen to your theories :laugh:

Please dont say anything about mining and mining theories before you do anything to prove them :rolleyes: The theory you're trying to force is not really unproven, but just wrong - if you mined at least a bit you'd knew that very well... You had your chance, you made a lot of noise, that wasnt followed by any action, but by your exceuses that 1. you dont have time, 2. your coder screwed your software, 3. bla bla bla.

I'm looking at your EF signature now and what do I see? 1 mining global :laugh: And what rank according to Tracker? 1581 of 3366 :laugh: This signature gives the best reason why noone should listen to your theories :laugh:

Yep, and every time he replies he goes "every time I try it works 100% of the time" :laugh:

I'm sure he'll reply here saying he can't mine because he does not have time or money :laugh:

I think it does but have never cared enough to research it.

The theory you're trying to force is not really unproven, but just wrong - :laugh:
And you know this for a fact?
Ive been mining 4 years following the skill gains and i do fairly well so how can you say hes wrong? (Prove that hes wrong)when it works for me?
And no im not going to prove anything:rolleyes:
OT as far as i see from 104 amped mining i dont belive that you get more gains from amped mining but the value of the gains you get is increased,
example ( not to scale) unamped 1 skillgain = 1 point, amped 1 skillgain = 1.1 point etc ofc the higher the amp the more value the gains are worth :twocents:

if you mined at least a bit you'd knew that very well...

While his theory might be just that, a theory, you're not in the position to question wether Legion mined or not.

I'd like that people would keep more in mind that PE exists since 2001 whenever they have an urge of superiority impulses.

Ive been mining 4 years following the skill gains and i do fairly well so how can you say hes wrong? (Prove that hes wrong)when it works for me?

Define 'doing fairly well'. You do make a profit? Well that's not the point of the theory. You have about 25% hitrate? Gratz are doing as well as any random miner. Legion's theory was about increasing (!) the hitrate which obviously did not work out for him or anyone tried his theory [at least anyone who posted about it]

While his theory might be just that, a theory, you're not in the position to question wether Legion mined or not.

I'd like that people would keep more in mind that PE exists since 2001 whenever they have an urge of superiority impulses.

I think it is pretty wrong to base a theory on data from 2001.

I think it is pretty wrong to base a theory on data from 2001.

Absolutely, in this period I think is wrong to base anything on preVU 10 data even. I was strictly reffering to Legion's past activity.

I always made fun of skillgain theory but I don't find it nice to disconsider somebody. That's all.

Define 'doing fairly well'. You do make a profit? Well that's not the point of the theory. You have about 25% hitrate? Gratz are doing as well as any random miner. Legion's theory was about increasing (!) the hitrate which obviously did not work out for him or anyone tried his theory [at least anyone who posted about it

Profit? sometime yes sometimes no
Have a squizz at the tracker;)
My aim is to find the claims that the gains indicate are there.

Kerham;2463599 I always made fun of skillgain theory .[/QUOTE said:
maybe because you dont understand it:(

So what is your hitrate following this theory? If it is about ~25-27% or even at around 30% it is worth to be talked about. If it ain't you get the same hitrate as everyone else and so the theory obviously doesn't work.

So what is your hitrate following this theory? If it is about ~25-27% or even at around 30% it is worth to be talked about. If it ain't you get the same hitrate as everyone else and so the theory obviously doesn't work.

Im not going to argue or prove anything to you as i dont have to.what works for me might not work for you.
and "if" i do have a system that works for me why on calypso would i tell you anyway:)

Firstly I have to apologize for hijacking this thread but since the initial question seems to be solved [ignoring Legion] and the Off-topic discussion already started I will post once more.

Im not going to argue or prove anything to you as i dont have to.

That is right and I did not ask for a proof. I was just asking for your average hitrate that's all.

and "if" i do have a system that works for me why on calypso would i tell you anyway:)

And again I did not ask about your system. I don't want you to explain it to me just state your hitrate if you are saying it 'works'.

I guess you did not gather any data just as Legion. You have a feeling and you are theorizing but without any hard data it is quite impossible to draw ANY conclusion. Not saying you ain't doing good but questioning if you are doing better than any miner not following any theory i.e. who is random bombing.

Firstly I have to apologize for hijacking this thread but since the initial question seems to be solved [ignoring Legion] and the Off-topic discussion already started I will post once more.

That is right and I did not ask for a proof. I was just asking for your average hitrate that's all.

And again I did not ask about your system. I don't want you to explain it to me just state your hitrate if you are saying it 'works'.

I guess you did not gather any data just as Legion. You have a feeling and you are theorizing but without any hard data it is quite impossible to draw ANY conclusion. Not saying you ain't doing good but questioning if you are doing better than any miner not following any theory i.e. who is random bombing.

you ask about my hit rate.but as i stated i aim to find the claims that the gains indicates are there and you can "Guess" as much as you like as to what data i collect.
back to mining...

According to Legion, anyway. :rolleyes:
Legion are you saying amps don't increase skillgains? Can you back this up with evidence or is this just another statement you pulled out of thin air?
At your school, do they test you or just take your word that you passed?

Well it depends on what you mean by skillgains. Some ppl say that skillgains are the amount of actuall green lines while some say it's the value of the green line. For me i do surely belive amps does up the value of each green line. And i also belive they up the chance to get an actuall skillgain but not by much. For example say your in a slowdown period for a skill, if you then use an amp it becomes slightly easier to get an actually green line. And no no numbers but an observation.

So you say globals are the only thing defining if anyone is doing well?

But for your information.. I have been playing this "game" since beta, started doing research on the lootsystem about one year after launch by observing how the system works. So who is more likely to have the most knowledge? Well i dont really care but i can say this.

The basic system how EU works has never changed!

What has changed is that MA fixed the bug with straight veins, they also slightly changed the distribution once where it made more clusters and then nothing in between, but i think that was a bug to and then changed to what we have today. What else has changed is when an area is good, this has now been changed two or it might be three times. First time it changed due to me finding out and being to proud about it so i had to blab about it and well mr marco was there and i also said straight up to him "nice timer you have there" and well a week or two later poof it changed. Then i figured it out again and i let my soc know about it for some to use, i got kicked and removed their access to it and poof two weeks later it changed again :p I got it somewhat figured out again already but this time it stays with me.

Only other things that has changed is average lootbalance and such, in all other aspects the basic game mechanics work exactly like they always have. :)

And sorry for OT but oh well. :)

And no im not going to prove anything:rolleyes:
OT as far as i see from 104 amped mining i dont belive that you get more gains from amped mining but the value of the gains you get is increased,
example ( not to scale) unamped 1 skillgain = 1 point, amped 1 skillgain = 1.1 point etc ofc the higher the amp the more value the gains are worth :twocents:

yep that's how i belive it to work, but i also as i mentioned think it slightly increase the chance to get an actuall green line.

Prove that hes wrong

No one needs to disprove any of Legions stuff*, he does an fairly good job at that himself:

...during january to late march/april something, i depoed over 18k ped now, most of it in january/february. And i just depoed 500 ped last night, i have absolutely zilch to show from all that ped. Sure i gotten quite a few globals on those 15k ped and one was a 1k one. However i still lost everything.

Doesn't mean that you haven't figured out a way that works for you.

* I use the word "stuff", because nothing Legion ever published comes even close to an solid theory in an methodical sense.

Back