Doing a test on Serendipity skills

qamori

Stalker
Q Perv A
Got my skills thanks

Currently at 5800 points

Last edited:
Serendipity what does it do?

Most players say that this is the most useless skills in game!
Others think that it gives you good loot!

This is the FIRST time I have ever heard this accusation. If you only talk to a handful of people in game, you can't say that the skill is useless based on that handful of people.. that's like saying everybody that plays EU doesn't deposit but sweats (if you hang out in sweat camps all day and only talk to sweaters). :wise:

Anyways, Serendipity contributes to many (Hit) and (Dmg) professions as well as mining and evading attacks. If you think this skill is useless I will by all means be happy to take every single point off of you :)

~Danimal

Serendipity is probably one of the best and more important skills...

This is the FIRST time I have ever heard this accusation. If you only talk to a handful of people in game, you can't say that the skill is useless based on that handful of people.. that's like saying everybody that plays EU doesn't deposit but sweats (if you hang out in sweat camps all day and only talk to sweaters). :wise:

Anyways, Serendipity contributes to many (Hit) and (Dmg) professions as well as mining and evading attacks. If you think this skill is useless I will by all means be happy to take every single point off of you :)

~Danimal

Hello Danimal,

I've been trying to find the text that says I think it is useless!
But in the other hand you are right... i did say most players, when i should have said "some players"

What i am trying to do here is the "Mythbuster" of gains that are not on entropedia like:

Decoy Dispenser, Dodger, Evader, Jammer and all the dmg skills.

Hope i made myself clear now

Hello Danimal,

I've been trying to find the text that says I think it is useless!
But in the other hand you are right... i did say most players, when i should have said "some players"

What i am trying to do here is the "Mythbuster" of gains that are not on entropedia like:

Decoy Dispenser, Dodger, Evader, Jammer and all the dmg skills.

Hope i made myself clear now

You don't need to "Mythbust" anything... all of the skills that are helped by Serendipity that are listed on Entropedia have been confirmed... no point to waste peds. :yup:

~Danimal

You been reading lately an out dated EU guide? I'm being polite but you are an idiot for trying this. It's been very well documented that skills are in no way related to loot but dmg dealt. And if by coincidence you skill up seren & hit an uber loot it doesn't give clear justification that it was the skill seren specifically that caused you to loot well, during the process of your tests... pointless other than improving a skill.

Last edited:
Get 800 and you can start doing meph runs for sets, I'd give you good trade for Immortal King's parts. Wrong forum nvm sorry...

Serendipity works as every other skill there is. It contributes towards a profession and therefore raises the pro-standing it is contributing to. Nothing more, nothing less. The point which makes serendipity somewhat special is the huge amount of professions it contributes to. Not much myth to bust, though...

Well, I wish you all the best on your test.
Also, in this 'dynamic' universe, saying something has been proven is like looking back at Victorian times and saying cars will never replace horses (as horses drop dung maybe? ;) ).

Anyway, back to positive: if serendipity does have a small effect (just as the tier of your main weap may now do), even a 1 % difference would be very interseting news. Unfortunately, you already have 4500 skill points, and I'd expect the main part of any gain curve to be noticable earlier.

Also, a big question is how to nail the randomness. In my view, you will need to record every loot and see the line that results from normal loots. It would be a bit like slowly maxing a weap and watching as the average hit slowly rises as the stats improve... not possible to tell from a few hits, but noticable statistically over time.
It can then be hoped that the serendipity gains, if they exist, are not pooled and repaid in the globals, or so. The effect would be there, but would require even more stats to show this up! I've not put in that sort of work, I admit.... but if I were to study it, then that is what I would advise.

So, I wish you 'serendipity!'. :)

I have 7540 in the skill but i have not noticed any difference, even if MA support have told me that this game is skillbased.

Every time you get a Serendipity skill increase you are getting a % contribution to many other skills thay in some cases has nothing to do with the activity you are currently doing. How can this be useless?

Every time you get a Serendipity skill increase you are getting a % contribution to many other skills thay in some cases has nothing to do with the activity you are currently doing. How can this be useless?

If the skills had not been useless then i had noticed this by what I give and receive back.
After all like support said it is a skillbased game.

I can tell you my loot was much better in 2006 and then i did not have 100k in skills today i have about 430-440k.

Too bored and too tired to get in to details, but I do see a way
how skills can be importent in relation to loot.
But not as individual skills, but the combination of them.
This is by my own experience. Began to notice this in 2005, and it
still happens. Last time were 4th of februari.
Anyway, if you gonna do some tests (or not :D), good luck. :)

I can tell you my loot was much better in 2006 and then i did not have 100k in skills today i have about 430-440k.

430k in skills?
That is amazing!
Big gz

If the skills had not been useless then i had noticed this by what I give and receive back.
After all like support said it is a skillbased game.

I thought that the question was about the utility of the skill, not if it brings you more loot. Imho, skills just opens up new options for you to use your PEDs more efficiently - and by that it doesnt means you will, btw.

Nice skillcount, congratulations! Hope to be there someday, if ever.

Back