Gazzurdite Stone	1 357 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:18:27
Gazzurdite Stone	1 357 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:50:09 

Aurli	Weak	  2 011 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:49:39
Aurli	Weak	  2 011 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:18:28

Kreltin	Young	1 732 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:59:59
Kreltin	Young	59 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:54:33
Kreltin	Young	1 732 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:47:09

etc.

In the end Tracker is doubling total amount of PED in globals.

Is it just me who see it?
Why this bug is here so long? Is it intentional?

Last edited:
Reactions: das
Since a week or so ago I see many double entries in all 3 categories, like:

When you check avatar's profile you can see that only difference is time, eg:

Code:
Gazzurdite Stone	1 357 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:18:27
Gazzurdite Stone	1 357 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:50:09 

Aurli	Weak	  2 011 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:49:39
Aurli	Weak	  2 011 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:18:28

Kreltin	Young	1 732 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:59:59
Kreltin	Young	59 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:54:33
Kreltin	Young	1 732 PED	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:47:09

etc.

In the end Tracker is doubling total amount of PED in globals.

Is it just me who see it?
Why this bug is here so long? Is it intentional?

I simply had not noticed it.. Sorry...

I have added a hotfix to the database maintinance - thats where I THINK the bug was...

Sadly .. the double entries that got added, needs to be removed manually since the system has set them to "I believe this is a genuine global".

What could have happened was that the people that this happened too got the 2k+ hof or whatever and then copied and pasted that message into soc chat and the client loader picked it up a second time. I suspect this is what happened..

~Danimal

What could have happened was that the people that this happened too got the 2k+ hof or whatever and then copied and pasted that message into soc chat and the client loader picked it up a second time. I suspect this is what happened..

~Danimal
I doubt that. Would be silly to look for strings without /^/ ...
I'd guess a synchronization problem with different clients sending the same data too far apart, welp, guess starfinder is on it.

I doubt that. Would be silly to look for strings without /^/ ...
I'd guess a synchronization problem with different clients sending the same data too far apart, welp, guess starfinder is on it.

I don't know what you mean ... because whatever is typed into chat is picked up from the client loader. As was in the past when kimmie posted some wierd discovery message in global chat and a bunch of clients picked it up. I'm not sure if that issue was ever fixed but from what I recall the client picks up the global messages in the chat text log...

~Danimal

I don't know what you mean ... because whatever is typed into chat is picked up from the client loader. As was in the past when kimmie posted some wierd discovery message in global chat and a bunch of clients picked it up. I'm not sure if that issue was ever fixed but from what I recall the client picks up the global messages in the chat text log...

~Danimal
Wow... that can be abused a bit too easily then.
/^/ is a regular expression, the ^ meaning "Start of the line", imagined that it'd be a no-brainer to look for global/hof messages only from the beginning of the line...

~Danimal

That bug has been fixed quite some time ago.
I "suspect" that some clients experience a sort of "lag".

I see this normally.. Some clients sometimes takes +30 min to report a global.

BUT.. The maintinance job would accumulate the "error" globals and say "hey, this happend too far from the original global in terms of time - thus, this is a new global.. lets insert that" ...

That bug, hopefully, has been corrected now.
Now, a global/hof/ath has to have at least 3 clients report it + it can not be 80% less reports than the previous global.

in the database i could see:
40 reports
41 reports
40 reports
3 reports
40 reports
41 reports...

Now, with the old system with only the "3 clients rule".. the 3 reports global would be inserted.. now the system will say "hey, thats not normal..".. and not insert it..

I also have duplicated HOF's... :(

Starfinder worked on this and the duplicate globals will not be counted in the total overall loots. Many stats are pulled from multiple strings. The lag issues are something beyond the control of Entopialife, they are what causes the duplicates. I assure you we are on top of the issue and reporting any issues you may have by filing a support case on entropialife.com will certainly help us resolve any bugs much faster!

Thanks for all the comments!

Salty

Back