Double Standard

Status
1st this post goes against forum rules by attacking another player on a personal level!

what proof do you have that this is not Akozes sister? before you going on a public forum and attack him like this?

No where does it say on the eula of MA that family could not have their own accounts, Akoz has made his sister hold onto the assest for reasons he don't want me to speak of, and frankly only his bussiness.

1st this post goes against forum rules by attacking another player on a personal level!

what proof do you have that this is not Akozes sister? before you going on a public forum and attack him like this?

No where does it say on the eula of MA that family could not have their own accounts, Akoz has made his sister hold onto the assest for reasons he don't want me to speak of, and frankly only his bussiness.

I'm fairly sure that the abusive -reps are evidence enough.

And to those who say that noone's been banned for two avatars - I was, my second avatar was closed after MA found out I'd reverted to using my first avatar again. I can never log in to Monet Babyback L'Epitome again.

Bah who cares? I don't.

Anyway I believe the rule is in the EULA to protect MA, in the end it doesn't mean you will get locked due to holding two accounts, as long as you don't cause any trouble with them.

Probably they just do it to avoid scammers and such. The fact that a company has a rule stating they don't allow duplicate accounts just give them the right to close those accounts at their discretion.

Probably they will analyse the activity, and if nothing goes against rules they'll just let people off with a warning. Or if it is justifiable the same.

I think the need to keep business apart from leisure is perfectly justified. People should be entitled not to have their beer money and their house rent in the same pocket, if they choose to do so. :D

Akoz was/is famous for using auction bugs....
Back in 2006 MA caught him using the ''101'' auction bug
...2) When the bug got public, akoz moved all this equiptment to my friend DuLi. Land deeds, modfap, imk2 etc... in fear of beeing banned. It ended with a 10day ban I think. After that Mindark announced that all avas using the bug for profit would be redflagged for future. So he did what any other person would do, and made a new ava.
All those involved in this activity were temporarily locked out from Entropia.The accounts involved are also officially warned and are red flagged for future reference..

So a scared Akoz ended up with a temporarily locked and redflagged avatar.
An avatar with many LA's in its possession and skills worth thousands of dollars. Like in football a player who receives a yellow card he wont risk his game cause if he receives a second one he is out.
At that point, if i was him i would have tried to sell my skills/items and transfer the money to a new clean avatar...

Akoz chipped out ....Cheerz,
Atami

And then i would have tried to secure my LA's with a/the new clean avatar...

Hello everybody!
Today I'm taking over Akoz land areas...

Mind that i dont care/criticize if Akoz has more than 2 ava's.
As i said if i was him i would have done exactly the same things to secure my assets in the game...

Sil$

Last edited:
My only problem with things like this - outside the fact that if MA are lenient with a select few on this, they could just as likely be lenient on other things - is, would I get in trouble if I openly ran two avatars?
I think so.
Double standards, not fair.

Well... about special... I dunno if it's a fact, but I was told Quetesh bought all his LA's for just a few ped exploiting a "max number of bids" bug on auction at the time (127 or so), continuously overbidding himself till the max was reached and a temp ban followed...

thats very much not true. Akoz did get involved in the "101" bug, but its wasnt for land.

We all know this game is totally unfair, loot system is there to learn us this statement day after day.
But the rules are the rules, otherwise, no need of them. Furthemore when there is same real cash economy involved.
For me, this kind of attitude brakes the credibility of MA. If i was an investor, this would really scared me.
I dont care that players have 1 or x avatars, I care about the difference of treatments of "equal players", and care about - i repeat myself - the credibility of MA/FPC announcements.

My issue is this: either you ban second avatars or you don't. If you ban them, like banning women to vote, and it holds across the boards, well then, that is the law and until it changes, that will be the law. I may or may not agree with the law, but until it changes, I uphold to obey it.

If the new TOU agreement says "you may not have a second avatar unless you are rich and we see a percent of your profits but if you are not rich and we do not get to share your profits, no second avatar for you" well then, I wonder if I would click "yes" to continue.

Now I read the story I finaly understand why you can have twoo avatars...
if you did something unforgiven and scared to be hold responsible....
Maybe that is why we have now MA and FPC as wel :))))))) huhuh

If shit may hit the fan -> split in twoo and increase survival rate!

No, no and no. I disagree.

This was discussed at length concerning the out-of-the-blue renaming of an avatar with a sleazy name: having the rule in there enables them to enforce it when needed. Sandbox - do whatever you want, we have guidelines - if you don't attract notice you can do whatever you wish. If caught and deemed against the terms of use, they can and will enforce...
Right. "Murder is a crime - unless it was done by a policeman, or an aristocrat." (The Clash - Know your rights)

Such rules are usually not considered fair in the real live - forbidding something, but just punishing special people in special cases, when usually the offense is tolerated?

Since this opens the door wide to any sort of explicit suppression of "not-liked" individuals this usually is considered a characteristic of so called "rogue states", dictatorships and other malefactor communities.

"The law has to be obeyed by everyone, and in court everyone is equal" usually is seen as a foundation pillar of any civilized community. (Even if it's not always conducted this way ...)

What you describe is not what I'd want in an RCE-game that I'd invest my money in
- I'd like clear, indisputable rules that would be enforced and sanctioned, for everybody!
I'd like to know what I can do safely, and what not. And I'd not like to suffer any drawbacks when obeying the law to the letter, because others will not be persecuted violating this law - as long as whoever at MA doesn't want to hurt them ...

Also: company avatar needed? Contact support, explain, get a yes or a no.
Where's the problem? Why shouldn't there be a possibility for everyone to have a second avatar for commercial purposes only? An Avatar that wouldn't be able to "wield and/ or use" any item, and that would only be able to "operate" auctioneer, TT, stores, banks, and such? And that would have an approbate name, like "Xandra's salesman" or "Anshe's banker".

I think it's a very good thing that the game isn't policed in that manner.
I think it's a very bad thing, because clear, understandable & enforced rules would help any honest & respectable participant, while shady & nebulous rules, enforced at free will, like you are supporting, will in fact only help the borderline evil-doers. And they will create a poison plume of suspecting, conspiracy theories, and unhappiness in the community all over. As we see here.

There should be clear and indisputable rules that have to be obeyed by everyone:
  1. A special kind of legal second avatars might be possible, but restricted to certain tasks, clearly named (maybe revealing the real name of the owner in a dummy-Soc?), and available to everyone that needs. Maybe even for a fee.
  2. The use of illegal second avatars without malevolent purposes/ activities, like having a second avatar that is used to sweat when the hunting/ mining returns of the main ava are down the drain, should be punished with a short time ban of the main ava, and the deletion of the illegal second one (with all property held).
  3. The use of illegal second avatars for malevolent purposes, like to escape a ban (it's what is topic here, right?), to double the time for activities (using both at the same time, for instance crafting with one, hunting with the other), to hide the true owner for scamming, or similar should never be allowed. And should be sanctioned with a perma-ban of both, with the deletion & penalty of losing any property of both avatars.
    Such actions are hurting us all badly, and should never be tolerated.
  4. This rule should have no exceptions. In #2 the length of the ban should reflect the severity of the crime - giving the returns from the illegal second to the main without compensation ("farming for the main"), for instance, would be more heavy sanctioned but a trade with correct daily MU's ("just playing with another ava").
IMHO.

Have fun!

You're interested in the rich guys vs us regular gamers-discussion, one I'm not taking part in. Quote someone else.

I don't see the problem with someone contacting support to bend a rule, my statement in a nutted shell.

WTF you people still have with rich people...

Everyone sister, grandmother can play, so if you really desperatly want that second avatar, create it and STFU !!!!

I dont see any "Double Standard" here, no one cant prove its you playing instead of your sister, so where is the problem?

If someone has second avatar i dont really care and i dont see a problem in this....

E-drama :woohoo:
internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

Last edited:
You all seems to have double standards aswell

Why are you bashing at Daniel Steps??
Hes right, that guy is breaking the rules! So what if everyone else does it? One step at the time! If someone is breaking the rules he should be stopped!

It pisses me off to see people defending that other guy just because he perhaps is richer/more well known. I bet if Star started this thread you'd be all hating on Akoz instead. For this being a game full of grown ups you're all very childish. Reminds me of gradeschool.... Just follow the most popular kid!! GJ :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter if by breaking this particular hurts anybody or not.

Hypocrites!

Hes right, that guy is breaking the rules! So what if everyone else does it? One step at the time! If someone is breaking the rules he should be stopped!

It pisses me off to see people defending that other guy just because he perhaps is richer/more well known. I bet if Star started this thread you'd be all hating on Akoz instead. For this being a game full of grown ups you're all very childish. Reminds me of gradeschool.... Just follow the most popular kid!! GJ :rolleyes:

Hypocrites!

Can you prove he is breaking rules? Maybe it is his wife, sons or others relative account, you dont know :rolleyes:
And that doesn't matter who created thread. :rolleyes:

Hypocrites!

Read my comment above noob !

I will now quote every retard who will try to say something about rich kids omfg

Especially because EU is an RCE and therefore RL legal issues can begin to come into play:

A company is a legal entity sometimes known as a "corporate person" (IIRC) with most of the rights and obligations of a real person. There are some differences, obviously, such as jury duty, and the rules won't be the same in every country. The company is a separate entity even if there is only one member of it.

Given that, it might be possible to argue that a company has a right to an EU account of its own - in most cases, this would be for the purpose of holding assets (LAs and banks, for example).

Only Akoz can say it for sure but i think the following situation is there:

Akoz is the privately owned avatar.

Qetesh is probably owned by a company (most likely with some other investors in it besides himself) where the the person playing Akoz is part owner/employee and as such uses Qetesh only for LA ownership/maintenance/tax collection. This separates all income and cost so that it is possible to keep the books and pay RL taxes over the income but also deduct expenses like buying DNA. I would not be surprised if Akoz asked MA before if this was an acceptable setup and that MA said it was.

This would make the avatars owned by two different legal entities. And as such it would not be against the EULA.

The line between the two avatars does not seem to be completely sharp and as such i can imagine that it is unclear and seems like double standards.

Cheers
Siam

Hmm Siam, that to me sounds completely reasonable if its true :)

People with 2 avatars generally lose twice as much money as the rest of us.

People with lots of avatars lose lots more on average.

It's only if they use those avatars in conjunction (such as using one to auto-heal the other during hunting) that it becomes an issue.

I've never seen the point of having more than one avatar, but maybe it's just because I don't care enough.

People with 2 avatars generally lose twice as much money as the rest of us.

People with lots of avatars lose lots more on average.

It's only if they use those avatars in conjunction (such as using one to auto-heal the other during hunting) that it becomes an issue.

I've never seen the point of having more than one avatar, but maybe it's just because I don't care enough.

Maybe you just don't know how things work.

A player with 2 avatars can manipulate the auction by doing shill bidding.

A player can use a second avatar to buy up a certain resource to be resold by the primary avatar. This helps to keep the main avatar's reputation 'clean.'

A player can use a second avatar to scam players without worrying that their main (and more skilled avatar) will be locked.

Etc.

A Korse

Akoz the cheat having an 'instrumental' 2nd avatar....no I wouldn't worry....because I'm not so naive.

The only people who lose because of the rules are those that obey them and expect others to do the same. MA are the worst in this because Akoz should have been perma banned as a warning to others not to actively pursue 'cheats'. Not subtle cheats either, full on stealing cheats. MA have no integrity and ultimately this limits their credibility and participant play.

In case you were not aware: Akoz = Qetesh.

You're wrong. MA's standard is same for all. Respectively the IRL person called Jon Doe who lives at address Fantasy City, Street 2, No. 110, Apt. 5, City Whatever, Some Country, identified by National ID XXXyyy555111a can register only and only one account into EU.

If his mother living at same address might have another avatar, and that mother's avatar might be controlled by said Jon Doe, is entirely possible but is impossible for MA to prove.

A double standard for me would be that say Akozsson Somethingsson (presuming he's Swedish, hope he likes this naming) would be allowed to have two avatars/accounts for ONE IRL person.

So.. fail.

I don't know about this specific case, but if MA have a rule that only one avatar is allowed they also should enforce the rule and give out warning and as a second step ban players if they have more than one avatar. If not, way have a rule? Can't be that hard to trace and find players with multiple avatars with help of IP adresses and transfers between them. Like repeatily transfers of items without payment between avatars.

Enforce the rule, or don't have the rule.

I once had a warning for multi avatars... they asked me kindly to tell them which avatar to delete, or all my avatars would be deleted :laugh:

You're wrong. MA's standard is same for all. Respectively the IRL person called Jon Doe who lives at address Fantasy City, Street 2, No. 110, Apt. 5, City Whatever, Some Country, identified by National ID XXXyyy555111a can register only and only one account into EU.

If his mother living at same address might have another avatar, and that mother's avatar might be controlled by said Jon Doe, is entirely possible but is impossible for MA to prove.

A double standard for me would be that say Akozsson Somethingsson (presuming he's Swedish, hope he likes this naming) would be allowed to have two avatars/accounts for ONE IRL person.

So.. fail.

Sorry to say but you fail.. Akoz isn't a person but an avatar :)

Which means that the same person owns the two avatars:
Quetesh and Akoz.

Yes as you say they could be registered in someone elses name, yet it is widely known that the same person is behind these avatars.

Last edited:
I once had a warning for multi avatars... they asked me kindly to tell them which avatar to delete, or all my avatars would be deleted :laugh:

Realy?

I play, my wife plays and my oldest daughter plays. Hence I have 3 avatars on my computers. I have never recieved a single complaint from MA.
Only problem is that my wife or I have to logg on with our daughter since she doesn't have a credit card registered.

Realy?

I play, my wife plays and my oldest daughter plays. Hence I have 3 avatars on my computers. I have never recieved a single complaint from MA.
Only problem is that my wife or I have to logg on with our daughter since she doesn't have a credit card registered.

Well there was some person from the society i was in at that time who knew and told support.. Yes the account was registered in my brothers name lol, yet i just let them delete it since it had only been used for some random stuff :)

Sorry to say but you fail.. Akoz isn't a person but an avatar :)

Which means that the same person owns the two avatars:
Quetesh and Akoz.

Yes as you say they could be registered in someone elses name, yet it is widely known that the same person is behind these avatars.

Edit it three or four times {removed} but read siams reply before you do so

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Back