Download sizes for noobs

Dr Teath

Hatchling
Hello people

I am Dr Teath
Yes I know its spelt wrong.
I went hunting for free MMO the other day on Google and one of the three most interesting MMO I found was Project Entropia.
At this point in time I’m not interested in ‘how to play the game’, what I want to know is how large is the download?
I have looked two or three time and I cant see a size. I have seen people complaining that its to slow or takes to long and I know that the installer is only a couple of megabytes. But what I need to know is how big game files are.
I don’t know about people in other countries but here in Australia our ISP’s give us download limits and unfortunately ours is one gig per month.
I NEED to know how big the file is AND can I suspend the installers download?

I guess that I don’t sound very friendly, and I apologise but download sizes and cost cripple my previous MMO experiences and I really want to have a crack at this one.

Dr Teath: a member of S.N.Inc.

not sure of the exact size, but it took me 4 hours on a 600k coonection when i downloaded it - on my hard disk the mindark forlder is 1.14gb.

not much help i know - sorry.

They really need to make the downloadable file in a way that you can save it to your hard disk

It's hard to tell because you download the installer first witch is about 1.5MB. After installer is installed, it starts to download the actual game files automatically.

As a rough guess it's about a 700MB download. I reinstalled completely recently, and I downloaded 736MB total that day, so it should definitely be less than that ;)

And yes, it does resume the download. Just hit cancel, and when you want to continue, run it again. This doesn't apply for the smaller files like PE.exe.

Good luck!

Only 700MB?
I was worried that it would clock in at over a gig.
700 is reasonable for a full game.

Thanks for the quick responses to my query.

This game is looking more and more appealing…you might have another member for the game community soon.
All I need to do is make sure that they have actually fixed our ADSL

on the offchance you ever read this again... the answer to the second question is: yes, you can suspend the installers download, just exit and when you start it back up it will begin where it left off.

Dr Teath said:
are.
I don’t know about people in other countries but here in Australia our ISP’s give us download limits and unfortunately ours is one gig per month.
I NEED to know how big the file is AND can I suspend the installers download?

There are many ppl from down under playing... so I assume you'll be fine ;)
Welcome aboard :girl:

the PE installer that you DL from the main PE website is i think 8mb, then you DL the game files when you run it... takes up about 980MB on my machine

The executable for 6.4.5 is 630MB. Then you have all the updates to 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and the miniupdate 7.3.02

I don't seem to be able to see any updates later than 6.4.5 on their ftp site, but assume between 650 and 700MB

It’s nice to know that the community is so active.
Thanks for all the replies!

If the files are up around that size, then it looks like I’ll need to wait and start the download at 9pm on the 31st so that I don’t go over my download limit.
I’m getting more and more excited about this game, which is always a good thing.

I don’t know about anyone else but I prefer to download while sleeping.

Anyway Thanks again for the quick replies.

Dr Teath: a member of S.N.Inc.

Took me 52 minutes at 237.7kbps, which works out to approx 750mb in size.

I luv my Broadband :D

ures only went to 237.7? man mine gets up to around 500 but by that time its done ur broadband is a noob mine is leet! and what are you taling about broad band limit? you have an ammount of stuff you can download? that truly is noobish!

Back