Download

sumy

Dominant
Society
Windtalkers
Coetron Sumy Sumeck
I recently decided to come back to EU however due to my download cap (gay australian net) i decided to download it slowly over the last 15days as to not go over the cap before the month ended, i managed to get 3gb of the 4gb i needed to download, however i went to download a bit more tonight, but it keeps trying to start from the beginning any ideas on how to start it back up again from the 3gb?

Rep rewarded for a good solution

Dunno how it works, but maybe THIS can help you out? It's the vu's and downloads in sections Wizzszz made ... I have no clue if you can use it ... :scratch2:

The download should just continue from where it was. Perhaps you didn't turn your pc off the way you should? just guessing :scratch:

I usually find that although its starting from the beginning it catches itself up very quickly because its already there, hope that makes sense & gl:)

ill take a look at both of them ideas, and also it usually does just catch up really fast at 25 mbs way past my download speed and then returns to normal once it loads all my downloaded material however it refuses to do so, and turn my computer off? i dont think it has even been turned off hahaha

do you download it normally - or are you using .. mmm is it bittorrent?? :scratch2: (don't remember which downloading system is used) - but if you use that it should start up from where it came ... shouldnt it?

yeah im using the official EU downloader

cheers for the idea but im looking to continue on from the already downloaded part, otherwise im going to have download it all in the last few hours before my net resets.

I don't think there is a solution for this :S
Goodluck..

Unable to find anything on the net so far, ill keep looking for a while, but if i come to no avail ill check the download tomorrow evening and ill update this thread if it decides to kick back into action.

last bump for any info that could help me what so ever as i tried it again after 24hrs but no lunck

If you downloaded from the clientloader:

It appears to start from the very beginning when you boot it up again, however, the clientloader starts a verification system on the already downloaded part so far. It will continue where it stopped last time.
The progress bar starts over, verifies the parts and then continues the actual download, during the verification progress it doesn't download anything and you'll see the "bandwidth" show as 15-80MB/s depending on the speed of your harddrive. When it's all verified it just continues to download from where you left it.

Edit:
Can you find the actual downloaded file anywhere in your entropia folder or in C:\%temp% ?

Last edited:
If you downloaded from the clientloader:

It appears to start from the very beginning when you boot it up again, however, the clientloader starts a verification system on the already downloaded part so far. It will continue where it stopped last time.
The progress bar starts over, verifies the parts and then continues the actual download, during the verification progress it doesn't download anything and you'll see the "bandwidth" show as 15-80MB/s depending on the speed of your harddrive. When it's all verified it just continues to download from where you left it.

Edit:
Can you find the actual downloaded file anywhere in your entropia folder or in C:\%temp% ?

In the beginning it was doing that quickly verifying and jumping back up at so many mb/s and then resuming to my usual download speed, ill check in the C:\ temp in a minute, hopefully everything is there.

and also zhardon thats just another download however ive already downloaded over half so im looking to reclaim that.

Back