[dps : mob : loot : profit] correlation

mastertigra

Young
Hello,

I watched many youtube videos and streams where people were hunting tough and high level mobs and fire about 30-40 shots before killing the mob.

I can not understand, why they prefer to spent such amount of ammo instead of hunting creatures of the same level firing only 5-7 times per kill.
Is this a real strategy? Won't they spend all their peds hunting such way?
Do they expect to loot something valuable or receive more valuable global than they can receive on mobs of the same level?
Do they rely on good armor and evade skills in this case?

As far as I know, the most common hunting strategy is making a good budget, choose mobs with high MU items, adequate HP level (according to your dps) and hunt them for a long time.

I will be very grateful for the answer.

Cheers

I'm sorry, I forgot to change the title of the article.
Came up with it at the very beginning, but then more clearly formulated my question

As far as I know, the most common hunting strategy is making a good budget, choose mobs with high MU items, adequate HP level (according to your dps) and hunt them for a long time.
Yes!

everything else is gamble.. and thast fine ppl like to gamble :D tt everything and bitch game sux...
reagrding youtube.. not sure i found any good videos out there...

Yes!

everything else is gamble.. and thast fine ppl like to gamble :D tt everything and bitch game sux...
reagrding youtube.. not sure i found any good videos out there...
for example, this video.

50 seconds to kill one mob. looks like a joke and wasting of peds, but I'm sure that guy knew what he was doing.

P. S. still can not find how to edit article title :(

Yo !

Guess it depends of the kind of person you are, if you play with your Head or with your Heart.

The Data Scientists of this forum will tell a "Low Level like me should hunt Puny mobs for months", and you know what ? I don't even doubt the Math behind their reasoning...

But the only problem is i am not the kind of person who can do that... i would have left Entropia Day 1 if i had to do that.

I need to feel Excitement and Adrenaline (like in my RL) and not a Long and Boring Grind... let's kill the 5000th Exarosaur Young Yeaaaaaaahhh ! :loco:

Then... Everyone their own style of play, but pretty sure i wouldn't have got my 2 Hofs of 7700p+ total if i had stayed on Puny mobs :king:

for example, this video.

50 seconds to kill one mob. looks like a joke and wasting of peds, but I'm sure that guy knew what he was doing.

P. S. still can not find how to edit article title :(
u will need to ask them instead of making up a forum thread,, sorry might be harsh but how u expect forum to answer on some one elses actions.... If u hunt above your lvl and abouve your ped card.. its gamble.. basicly have that" oh i hit big mindset" and then life will be amazing those are usualy EP4 crafters :D

i have a video as well where i drop lvl 13 amp and huge hoff :D

also that video is pre 2.0 loot.. also ... fefox sux for mu... higher ones might drop some brain oil ...
i wont expain how loot 2.0 works but armor decay is paid back in loot now...

As sub zeo said.. loot 2.0 .. new meta is TT LOSS!!!

Yo !

Guess it depends of the kind of person you are, if you play with your Head or with your Heart.

The Data Scientists of this forum will tell a "Low Level like me should hunt Puny mobs for months", and you know what ? I don't even doubt the Math behind their reasoning...

But the only problem is i am not the kind of person who can do that... i would have left Entropia Day 1 if i had to do that.

I need to feel Excitement and Adrenaline (like in my RL) and not a Long and Boring Grind... let's kill the 5000th Exarosaur Young Yeaaaaaaahhh ! :loco:

Then... Everyone their own style of play, but pretty sure i wouldn't have got my 2 Hofs of 7700p+ total if i had stayed on Puny mobs :king:
for one to get 2 x7500 hoff needs to lose 2x 10k ;) welcome to loot 2.0

most people do stupid things.

This is a strategy that can work , and those killing larger mobs are basically attempting the same but at scale.

The difference is at a higher ped input , the scale increases at output as well , though I would not advise it until you have the proper equipment and pedcard.

And knowledge as to how large numbers work in this game.

Hello,

I watched many youtube videos and streams where people were hunting tough and high level mobs and fire about 30-40 shots before killing the mob.

I can not understand, why they prefer to spent such amount of ammo instead of hunting creatures of the same level firing only 5-7 times per kill.
Is this a real strategy? Won't they spend all their peds hunting such way?
Do they expect to loot something valuable or receive more valuable global than they can receive on mobs of the same level?
Do they rely on good armor and evade skills in this case?

I will be very grateful for the answer.

Cheers

I guess it depends on the goals of the hunter. Some people play with higher risk for greater reward. This happens in all three main professions. If they can manage their bankroll hunting large HP mobs then I don't see an issue. Depending on the mob there might be a chance to get a nice loot so there is incentive to hunt certain mobs for a chance to do so.

Many people bounce around between high risk to lower risk hunting depending on what they want to achieve per session. I sometimes sign on and just chase codex and other times I will hunt specific mobs because of the resources they drop and then I will throw caution to the wind and hunt something just for fun that more than likely won't result in a good return but might pop a really nice sized loot or item.

Some people's common hunting strategy falls into really high level mobs due to their skills and equipment. I've been able to move up to higher levels recently and it can be fun but I do tend to scale back to something more manageable when I've abused my PED card to much.

In short, because the multiplication depends on the HP of the mob. And the weapon you choose will spend X ped for an hour. If you consider these two things, the results are better.

The hunter who has shown himself not only to hunt with more shoots, but also his armor is one of the most common... thus reducing his losses per hour, which increases his chances of profit.

Here is a similar example of how to choose your weapon depending on the mob you want to hunt. I like to give examples with 100, because it is the equivalent of 100% and they are easier to understand. So keep that in mind to use it for a mob you prefer to hunt.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...f-using-a-finisher-weapon.286305/post-3804946

Back