Dragon - Bring the fire, make me come alive!

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
To make my creature I started with my own experience of hunting and what I would really like to hunt. This led me to the Dragon, the more I thought about it the more i liked the idea. A full flying, fire shooting monster in proper 3d graphics really bringing the game alive. I'd love to stand in front of it take it down while getting roasted in full flames. Would be quite an experience.
Plus a Dragon is featured in most cultures eastern and western. Something of a must for a fantasy game really imho.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

ok so my drawing skills suck but hopefully you can tell what it is ;)

Creature name: Dragon

Creature description:
A biologically engineered animal of unknown origin. Rumours has it this animal was engineered in the same laboratory as the furor.
For what purpose this was created has not been established. If it was created to exterminate the population of Calypso then it can be viewed as a success because this creature has been hugely popular with all cultures on Calypso. Especially colonists of western and eastern origin on old earth, who liken this creature to their mythical dragon on old earth.
Many warriors venture forth to battle the dragon to show their bravery, sadly not many return back alive.

Maturity names:
Young
Mature
Old
Provider
Guardian
Dominant
Alpha
Old Alpha
Prowler
Stalker

Suggested stats and parameters:
Maturity class: Developed Mutant
Damage types: Burn 100% (Fire - Truly bringing you the fire, make you come alive ;) )
Movement: Flying
Combat: Distance
Range: within most handgun 30m?
Aggression: moderate
Tameable: Yes
Sweatable: No

Professions:
Defensive: Evader
Scanning: Mutant investigator

For some reason, I like this mob...

Great idea. One defensive weapon which is a must in order to take down the critter: water cannon!:cool:

Yeah bring on the dragons!! :yay:

would be great if the stalker dragon was so big that it creates shadow on land when it fly over you and then u know its time to go....:D

would be great if the stalker dragon was so big that it creates shadow on land when it fly over you and then u know its time to go....:D

So... you're saying that Dragon Shadows should have a larger presence on Calypso? I couldn't have said it better myself... though I might has shifted the position of one letter... ;)

I like the idea of a Dragon. It would be great if you had to venture on a long journey to find them up in the mountains, through an area where tp chips dont work (still have revivals in the area though) so you really have to set out on an epic adventure to go slay the Dragon. Maybe every dragon drops some form of Trophy to take home and put in your apartment.

For a Dragon to have any sense of realism they would need to be killed without dying, ie regen mob that by the time you run back from Revive it is always regenerated. This would force skilling up, good equipment or teams to go out to get them. They should be rare and hard to find though, maybe the area has other unique mobs acting as guardians, ghoul, troll type nasty beasts.

Dragons seem so obvious I am surprised they are not already there. The graphics would be better than a repesilex! And, as someone said, put them in mountains a long way from a tp so people will have to trek to get there. (Noobs will want to go see them of course)

Dragon does sound cool, Spoken like a true knight Sir Skywalker ! ;)
Produced from reptilian dna fragments of forms I would gather.

Sadly, this idea is gonna fail on originality, isn't it? And copyright issues (ya can't really copyright a dragon can you? Shoulda made it a particular , unique, type of dragon, perhaps?)

I'd like to see dragons on Calypso too.

Sadly, this idea is gonna fail on originality, isn't it? And copyright issues (ya can't really copyright a dragon can you? Shoulda made it a particular , unique, type of dragon, perhaps?)

I'd like to see dragons on Calypso too.

Originality wise, yes i agree with you. However, I was taking the perspective of what I would personally like to hunt. If it fails for this competition so be it. (There is a saying though, "the best ideas are the simple ones" and quite fitting here.) At least the message will get across to MA and maybe they will put a dragon in game of their own accord. Which would still be nice I'll get to hunt dragons :)

As for copyright that's meant for the artwork drawn. No one really has a copyright on the concept of a dragon and everyone can use it. MA are welcome to use my artwork - though it is not very good in my case and I'm sure they can do a better job also high quality artwork not really necessary imho. A concept drawing is just that a rough sketch to convey an idea and doesn't need to be computer modelled or skillfully drawn.

In my mind what really matters is what mob you would like to hunt? For me it's most definately a Dragon :) just imagine the awesome graphics of a dragon in Cryengine with fire...totally awesome :)

I like the idea of a Dragon. It would be great if you had to venture on a long journey to find them up in the mountains, through an area where tp chips dont work (still have revivals in the area though) so you really have to set out on an epic adventure to go slay the Dragon. Maybe every dragon drops some form of Trophy to take home and put in your apartment.

For a Dragon to have any sense of realism they would need to be killed without dying, ie regen mob that by the time you run back from Revive it is always regenerated. This would force skilling up, good equipment or teams to go out to get them. They should be rare and hard to find though, maybe the area has other unique mobs acting as guardians, ghoul, troll type nasty beasts.

There is certainly scope for using dragons in many ways. The competition limited words and to be fair to MA I think totally necessary, they have to rread all that and if everyone wrote essays on their idea it would be a mountain of a task for them. So I kept my entry to suit their requirements.

Also from their competition description seemed to me they may want a player mob fo only a limited amount of time in game. Perhaps they will have more than one player mob or change their initial idea.

The quest and dragons and mountains etc would be quite an interesting element in the game. One that most players in an mmorpg enjoy. However we don't know what their plan is for the revamp of in game events and quests. MA have said they are going to make developments in that area but we don't know their priority or timescale.

For the competition they may just be looking for a traditional mob which rruns and attacks i.e. typical grinding. Easier for them to implement that. Having said that with this idea they don't have to have everything in one go. Could have the mob in place but develop the event/quest system at a later time.

George and the Dragon, eh..? ;)

This is a cool idea, and if i recall correctly from my D&D days, you can even have several different Types of Dragon, all with a different breath weapon, which would fit nicely with the Acid, Cold, Electric and Burn damage types.

George and the Dragon, eh..? ;)

This is a cool idea, and if i recall correctly from my D&D days, you can even have several different Types of Dragon, all with a different breath weapon, which would fit nicely with the Acid, Cold, Electric and Burn damage types.

Yup quite befitting for me to slay the Dragon.

How can George be George without slaying his dragon? Give us Dragons MA :yay:

Good work Ace, I'm sure Da and Arokh would like to have them around too ;) I agree, a fire breathing dragon that can fly in cry2 would be awesome.

Back