Driving skills, stunt bonus

DeadShawn

Dominant
I think there should be some sort of skills given for driving. Jumps / flips / crazy stunts should give some sort of skill.

Now, I know what you're thinking, "But then people will just do the same jump over and over again all day for the skills!"

Exactly. Why is that a bad thing? They burn fuel, crash and need to repair, and are given a small amount of skills to keep them at it! Also, it's fun to do crazy flips off of mountains. Maybe a "Stunt Driver" skill? For flying "near misses" could be a similar thing. Flying close to buildings, through loops, around cliffs, all without making contact. Seeing how long you can fly within 1/2 meter of the ground without hitting or moving too far away? Again, people will burn oil and crash from time to time. The faster you're traveling the more xp? If you go too slowly it stops the run. This would work great with the energized fuel idea (sweat+oil).

I haven't been playing much lately because I find the activities either too expensive or too repetitive. Grinding argo's all day gets boring. A lot of the quests are fun, but they're mostly grinding quests. I think adding more variety of gameplay is important.. which they have been doing! Space / space mobs / traveling.. all that is awesome!

Players did all sorts of things with vehicles when they were first introduced but now that you can be brought to a dead stop from hitting what appears to be nothing.

I've found a few hills on Calypso and on Ark where you can get some serious air and won't take much damage on the landing but i think the vehicle physics needs improving and the collision detection improved or atleast dialled back a bit.

Nothing worse than maxing out your speed on a hill getting to the jump, then hitting a nonexistant rock and spinning out :mad:

Or like GTA where there are jumps that give a reward for landing it correctly but only once.

keep going

I think it would be important to be able to keep jumping over and over again and keep getting skills.

It's true people, including myself, went a little crazy on their buggies when the system was first introduced. But so many of us stopped. It's still fun, but there isn't any kind of reward for it now.. And Entropia, to many people, is a game of progressing.

Also, nice avatar :wtg:

The reward of driving off a cliff... You get engineering skills from repairing it!!

The reward of driving off a cliff... You get engineering skills from repairing it!!
Exactly

Not if you land it ;)
And then you get the satisfaction of doing a nice jump, that's not enough? when in rl I get a perfect skid with my car during winter all I get is the satisfaction of success (not skills as I'm not a rally driver just ordinary driver having fun sometimes)

If you want skills getting from A to B, use a Teleportation chip or Wormhole Chip

Driving is it's own reward. :cool:

But, rather than stunt skills, I would suggest this:

Driving missions - specifically courses set up with sufficient waypoints to prevent short-cutting/tp-ing and you receive an achievement based on reaching the goal (at all, or in time). Should be repeatable missions with top times posted, etc, perhaps modest rewards (like a little oil).

There are numerous roads and trails all over Calypso that are challenging and fun (off-road is cool, too) where these standing challenges could be setup. This would let drivers share feats, and compete with themselves and each other on their own schedules.

Now I love user-created and run races - I compete whenever I can - but having something that driving enthusiasts could do at any time would a nice sources of cheap yet decay-inducing fun, and a way put some remotes locations into play.

An all out stunt track for tricks like the OP loves could be constructed as well, but that would likely require custom development, where missions/achievements could be created now using existing systems and use the current landscape.

I am opposed to driving skills that improve vehicle performance though - having equal vehicles perform the same makes racing fun for all. Now a Vehicle Dodge skill (avoiding mob hits) would be cool.

:beerchug:
Miles

Back