Dynamic? I swear it's personal!

There are universal factors and personal ones, so "yes and no". :laugh:

I like the way you phrased it there. That's kind of how I see it too, but I don't know how well we would agree about which factors fall into which categories. :laugh:

Personally I think of it as a random number generator that has bonuses (or penalties) applied for certain tasks... I seem to get higher loot from mobs if I kill them with my Riker 2, rather than my Justifier...

I also believe that there's always a mob in each spawn programmed to give at least a global, but when and where is cannot really be determined... You just have to be there at the right place and time, as I was with my most recent global.

- Nightwolf

I also believe that there's always a mob in each spawn programmed to give at least a global, but when and where is cannot really be determined...

Not sure about that. Sometimes if I woke up early (I'm in MA+4 timezone) I hunt argos N of TP or feffs E of Phoenix at 2:00-4:00am @ MA, I'm usually absolutely alone there at that time, clearing out one spawn after another, and often spend 2 hours in a row without even a mini, not saying of globals.

There are universal factors and personal ones, so "yes and no". :laugh:

I like the way you phrased it there. That's kind of how I see it too, but I don't know how well we would agree about which factors fall into which categories. :laugh:

absolutely agreed.

universal factors would be, imo, a specific area, mob, time, etc.. where loot is generally good/ok/bad for most players hunting there. also, at certain times, MA activates eco-mode (for instance, for financial reasons, lack of deposits) and loot sucks everywhere :)

personal factors would be your personal loot cycle. how that works is still a mistery, but i have not the slightest doubt that it exists. i also think that this personal loot cycle behaves like a skill, with a wave-like behavior, and the amplitude of this wave increases with your avatar "evolution" (it could be total skills, profession level, i don't know). so, the more higher level your avatar is, the higher the loss/gains cycles are.

another personal factor is the way the system keeps you into certain limits of tt-return for your activities.

then, you mix all factors, and there you go. a system that looks like a total random chaos, but it is far far from there.

personal and place no doubt

if everyone else logs off for 25 hours i guarantee you'll be the only person to hof

If everyone logged off for 25 hours i think MA would adjust their loot, especially if we all did it more than once:D

If everyone logged off for 25 hours who will feed the lootpool? :). I bet that after first 2-3 hours there won't be neither hofs nor globals. E.g. at 2-4am @ MA (Europe sleeps, America works) sometimes there are no globals in the public chat for 15 mins in a row (until Aussies fills the lootpool a bit :laugh:).

Loot is a statical function that creates "dynamics", but like many things ingame it is bugged :D

No really, tt return is static like a rock. I bet if we would see the source code we wouldn't even believe what we see.
It is a unwritten law that when you are inside a system you cannot analyse it (or very difficult atleast), it's like a "mal du siecle" but then a "mal d'universe"

Back