EBN Breaking News: Fort Troy Resistance

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Earlier today Fort Troy was blindsided by a surprisingly fierce robot attack. Though small in number, the attacking robots were quite resilient and exhibited what the CDF has described as "alarmingly intelligent behavioral characteristics".

Colonial militia forces are engaged in ongoing skirmishes with robots in the immediate Fort Troy area, primarily to the north. Reports of increased CDF Combat Tokens in circulation hint at how seriously CDF High Command are regarding this latest robot incursion.

Originally Posted Here

Is this what you left me fooooooooooor

Anyone have any more details about "alarmingly intelligent behavioral characteristics"?

They're spamming the global chat with "Buying sweat 1ped/k" and "Free armor colouring!"

That is disturbingly intelligent. Just imagine what happens when they up the offer to 2.5/k?

There was a mob with an icon of mouse cursor and text "User controlled".

OMG!!!:eyecrazy: They are calling themselves "alarmingly intelligent behavioral characteristics"

Hopefully they will drop some of those Omegaton scopes with the buff, rather than more UL guns and armor.

To make it clear, this mob's behavior didn't stand out, but it just had that icon. So, it didn't revive kill you or kill steal...
Oh, so stey still can't do what every entropian can do with one arm tied behind back?
That's a good news, i feel relieved.

Watching some players fighting this shared robots through the Twitch Tv...

Close to desktop like every 30 minutes or so. I wonder why MindArk insists in this kind of events when we all know that is impossible to stay online on a server together with 50 + players at same time!

Is this on purpose? :scratch2:

No, they hope for 1 000 000 chinese people to come play the game, so they are just running tests.

And about the intelligent behavior... These machines have names.

So far, 3 purgers have disappeared due to server resets.
1. 15% hp left
2. 75% hp left
3. 35% hp left

At roughly 5k ped to kill, that is 8,750 ped lost due to server crashes.

That is UNACCEPTABLE, MA. Completely unacceptable.

Anyone affected, please make support cases.

So far, 3 purgers have disappeared due to server resets.
1. 15% hp left
2. 75% hp left
3. 35% hp left

At roughly 5k ped to kill, that is 8,750 ped lost due to server crashes.

That is UNACCEPTABLE, MA. Completely unacceptable.

Anyone affected, please make support cases.

that must be reason we get Boost weekend :wise:

After very positive experiences with Ark events decided to try Caly event again.
No changes for me, still CTD after every 10 shots, so the event is basically off limits for me.

OK, what to do next? I'm in the middle of a good loot period so i decide to shoot some small spiders. Loot is indeed fine, many globals decent return... but about 3-4 hours before ATH the loot suddenly disappears. Not a single global, 1000 ped ammo, 500 ped TT loot back. And then i see the ATH. So that's why.

Yes u can say too small sample size, loot swings, and whatnot.
It was too obvious to be just a coincidence, althou i know i can't prove anything.
There's no need either, if the right person reads it he gets the message, and maybe just maybe he thinks about it for a second.

So, PC team seems to believe the team events are the right thing, teamplay, fun and path to the bright future.
The code and servers, however, are too broken/unoptimized to support those events on the "massive scale".
In this situation redirecting loot to the event to promote it is unacceptable.

Thank you for reading.

Oh, so stey still can't do what every entropian can do with one arm tied behind back?
That's a good news, i feel relieved.

Umm.. have you ever been in a service center that has been overran with robots? They will form a circle around the revive terminal and kill everybody reviving, no user control needed.

As for the Purger that had no loot.....

"Thank you very much for the detailed information. Please accept our truthful apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. Unfortunately, I must inform you that due to technical reasons both unexpected and unavoidable issues that affect the performance of the system do occasionally occur and, according to the EULA § 5 and § 6, we do not compensate for losses in such cases."

MA paid us back on the Huusk....

As for the Purger that had no loot.....

"Thank you very much for the detailed information. Please accept our truthful apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. Unfortunately, I must inform you that due to technical reasons both unexpected and unavoidable issues that affect the performance of the system do occasionally occur and, according to the EULA § 5 and § 6, we do not compensate for losses in such cases."

MA paid us back on the Huusk....

Well, I don't do business with hippocrates, so good bye, MA, you just lost my depo's for good. Selling everything. Again.

Ops sry that we took your money, now go out and hunt U shouldnt be sad. Next time we might not chrash and U might get loot. :wtg:

Pretty pathetic that they can't compensate 30 usd to someone that has deposit 10k usd into their company... What a bunch of assholes they are.

After reading the comments from paying customers who were actually there, I am soooo happy that I did not attend/participate at all in yet another shameless PED grab from MA/Calypso.

It's funny how most Calypso people are not out here hunting these robots...after everyone realized this event is a trap! :)

its_a_trap.jpg

It's about 22.30 (time) purger

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Loots are not created and logged until you have got it safe over to your inventory (when your loot window is shown). If the loot is not getting created for some reason, either there is nothing to loot on that creature or it is lost due to technical issues. If loot is lost due to technical issues and its existence cannot be verified we cannot compensate for that (as stated in the Entropia Universe Terms of Use). Please rest assured that we will certainly investigate this matter further, try to locate the cause and take all reasonable efforts in order to prevent this from happening again.

We apologize for the inconveniences this caused and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hope you have a nice day!

hehe, drop more esi so it's easier to chip out

It's about 22.30 (time) purger

hehe, drop more esi so it's easier to chip out

Strange that it's a different reply than I received.
That purger was killed and looted but didn't give any loot nor did anyone get a no loot message. It laid on the ground for the normal amount of time after looting.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the detailed information. Please accept our truthful apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. Unfortunately, I must inform you that due to technical reasons both unexpected and unavoidable issues that affect the performance of the system do occasionally occur and, according to the EULA § 5 and § 6, we do not compensate for losses in such cases.

Please rest assured that we will certainly investigate this matter further, try to locate the cause and take all reasonable efforts in order to prevent this from happening again.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Strange that it's a different reply than I received.
That purger was killed and looted but didn't give any loot nor did anyone get a no loot message. It laid on the ground for the normal amount of time after looting.

How do you know that someone didn't loot an item but not tell anyone?

Back