EBN: Shelly Nakajima rescued!

Why not just FAP her?

LOL!!!

I think Major Jenny Carramone is responsible for all of this mess with the robots and mutants.. She is the one passing the information off to the menace. :eek:

I have to agree... from what I've read it seems she has another agenda...

All in all, I have to agree with the general sentiment of this thread.

MA: I do not deny your ongoing efforts to make sure things are running smoothly, and to make sure enough new things come along to retain your customers. However, a genuine, impassioned effort at making this Universe exciting would do everyone, including yourselves, a lot of good. It would make it an even better place to be, and that could not possibly hurt your bottom line. We're all here for a good time, and we feel ripped off when it's clear that your hearts aren't in it.

MA: I do not deny your ongoing efforts to make sure things are running smoothly, and to make sure enough new things come along to retain your customers. However, a genuine, impassioned effort at making this Universe exciting would do everyone, including yourselves, a lot of good. It would make it an even better place to be, and that could not possibly hurt your bottom line. We're all here for a good time, and we feel ripped off when it's clear that your hearts aren't in it.

absolutely. i think that all the "bashing" to MA in this thread is constructive, and many good suggestions have been made.

i could add, for instance, that giving clues about the plot in the EU client loader only, is definitely pretty lame. we have video screens, right? why not use them to make shelly send recorded footage to us fellow colonists? shelly could have given un clues about where she was kept captive through video recordings, not in plain text !! :laugh:

i don't like or trust Major Jenny Carramone.

absolutely. i think that all the "bashing" to MA in this thread is constructive, and many good suggestions have been made.

i could add, for instance, that giving clues about the plot in the EU client loader only, is definitely pretty lame. we have video screens, right? why not use them to make shelly send recorded footage to us fellow colonists? shelly could have given un clues about where she was kept captive through video recordings, not in plain text !! :laugh:

I guess that would also make people look to those video screens more often ;)

I vote for MA giving out reporter licences and ingame cameras and Jamhot sending live on ingame TV :yay:
There would be no risk for external content on that ingame displays that could violate the EULA as the reports would be made ingame about the content provided by MA. All it would take is an datastream from the location and direction of the ingame camera to the displays.

EBN: Shelly Nakajima rescued!
Feb 03 2009

In a press conference this morning in response to the allegations of the so-called "mutant menace", CDF high commander, Major Jenny Carramone, stated that the mutants have never posed a threat to Calypsian society. Although there were mutants in Hadesheim and some colonists were hurt, the only people in real danger were "irresponsible daredevils who ignored CDF warnings and went into the wilderness on their own".

In related news, EBN reporter Shelly Nakajima was rescued late Sunday by CDF. In what is described as a brilliantly executed search-and-rescue operation, Special Forces and rescue paramedics located and extracted Ms Nakajima. She was immediately taken to the hospital in Hadesheim. Her condition is serious but stable, mostly from malnutrition and dehydration.

Ms Nakajima has not been available for any comments as yet.

Originally Posted Here

Are you trying to tell me that CDF Rescue Paramedics do not have FAPs or Heal Chips to use? And how can she be Malnourished/Dehydrated? There hasn't been food or drink in the game.. EVER!

But honestly...MA never said a word about us having to save Shelly...that was Skam...:D

But honestly...MA never said a word about us having to save Shelly...that was Skam...:D

Agreed i thought this had to do more with the orbs and the notes and logs from ducsve(or however you spell his name) at least that is what shelly was hinting at anyway.. :)

Also Marco said a few months ago that in the fall(robot attack) and beginning of the year(now) we would see all the conclusions to the story lines.. So everyone stop bitching casue this is what everyone was asking for.:) Also as he stated also this is only part one..

If people are getting let down on this one and the robots.. I will very much hate to see the out cry of hatred when the conclusion of the "EGG" happens.. There is no way possible MA or FPC can come up to the expections of everyone having waited 2 years.. lol It is going to be a scary place on the forum..

Agreed i thought this had to do more with the orbs and the notes and logs from ducsve(or however you spell his name) at least that is what shelly was hinting at anyway.. :)

Also Marco said a few months ago that in the fall(robot attack) and beginning of the year(now) we would see all the conclusions to the story lines.. So everyone stop bitching casue this is what everyone was asking for.:) Also as he stated also this is only part one..

If people are getting let down on this one and the robots.. I will very much hate to see the out cry of hatred when the conclusion of the "EGG" happens.. There is no way possible MA or FPC can come up to the expections of everyone having waited 2 years.. lol It is going to be a scary place on the forum..

I don't think anyone is bitching my friend ... but rather expressing their disappointment with how this Shelly story played out. Regardless of how many parts or seeming conclusions there are to any of the ongoing stories, the ending of this escapade was flat at best. Perhaps it was Skam who led the story in the direction it went with regard to saving Shelly, but that plays wonderfully in the entire scenario surrounding this storyline, and MA should have run with it and really engaged the community from a more interactive perspective.

Also ... many of our fellow Entropians are quite enthusiastic when it comes to engaging in these types of storylines, and IMO, deserve to at least be an integral part of how it plays out, rather than simply reading something in print to the effect that someone all of a sudden was rescued by CDF Forces we've never seen before, and is recovering in the Hades Hospital that truly is not functional in any way.

I applaud MA/FPC for ... at least getting back into the ring with storylines, and respect the fact that they are busy with CE2 and planet partners, etc., but I also think it would be prudent not to forsake the player community by just giving us filler with increased skilling and something in print that has no relevance to our real capability of being interactive and a part of the ongoing stories. If all it continues to be is just something in print with an unrelated side-event, then we can read a book, but ... don't get the community hyped up and excited about a storyline and then leave us flat.

I'm Glad

I hope the fellow I met running around the Mono orb shouting 'SHELLY!' while I go owned by non cold mobs has got some sleep.

Some people were actually looking for her :D

I agree with the positive posts here. In a bunch of other entertainment titles you get some actors playing out the story line before you take on the next stage. I couldn't hurt to allow the creative people involved in EU to provide some of this content or get it organised by MA.

I would have loved it if Shelly had appeared with other civilians, trapped at one of the event spaces and could be rescued by Avatars for a global reward of some kind.

maybe next time eh... :cool:
Arto

Like others I'm a bit disappointed by all of this. Not just the ending, I never really engaged with this mutant event.

But I suppose the FPC event team need to clear up the mess that's been left over from older events and plotlines, which obviously hadn't been fully thought through, before they can get on with creating some new and original story.

I hope so anyway :)

This is probably the lamest ending they could have come up with, that's not including the infamous egg.

This is probably the lamest ending they could have come up with, that's not including the infamous egg.

How did egg story end? I must have missed it :)

How did egg story end? I must have missed it :)

You didn't miss anything Sweetie ... the egg is still in limbo somewhere in the vast universe like an orbiting space probe. :silly:

Back