EBN: The Animal Kingdom

Sooooo... Is the event still going on or did MA switch off the spawns to give the servers a little breather? ;-)

Still a nice experiment though. I hope MA used this to find out where the bottlenecks were. I know I was lagging as hell because EU started eating my memory (only 1Gb present, 1.4Gb used), which is understandable. I can also imagine that the servers were coping pretty good CPU wise, but had some issues with all network communications.

Anyway, I'll leave that to MA, I just hope they used this event to their advantage.

Sooooo... Is the event still going on or did MA switch off the spawns to give the servers a little breather? ;-)

still going, loads of amrax still at CC

@ rig loads of warlock10 and various other mobs no eomons there (at least before I left for work)

After all, a nice Event, even for me!

But, like already mentioned, MA should check their compasses:

- not really east of PA, more south-west by Chugs
- nothing spacial south of CC, but a few steps east of CC
- south-east of TP was right, but no info about the rig
(well, skilled players are there and others just avoid the rig; never mind)

If it was worse during bot wars do you mean you waited 15-20 minuts before respawning and got 1 frame per 10 sec's?

Well, I only died a couple of times at CC but I had no problem respawning. And I've never seen so many green and red dots on radar even during any of the bot invasions.

In some of the bigger bot invasions, yes, I was lucky if I was getting 1 frame per 10 secs and lucky to stay online for more than a few minutes. But like I say, that may have been due to my own hardware. On my upgraded machine FPS was a little low at CC yesterday but it was playable, and I crashed out only once in two hours.

get sum dam loot in the mobs

and remov the dam loot lag i think i lost abudt1k peds last night on mobs ther cant be loot just aling around to ther disepare

that is not fun

Well, this server test was overall fun from my point of view, once I gave up any thoughts of actually participating in the hunting or getting any loot and settled for just watching the slaughter :laugh: (my sympathies however to all who suffered so much lag that nothing worked, avi already logged in 'feature', pilots stuck on planet while ship was on cnd etc)

Hadn't seen this notice on forum at first, but saw globals on eomon popping up, so asked a wise one when they came back? Wandered over to the rig revive area to do a spot a mining and see what was up, got caught in the lag party there and tped out a bit north, only to land a nice safe distance away from a lovely spawn of eomon, with no green dots in sight so I passed the coords on to some who could eat them for lunch.

Next (after reading this story on forum) I hung around doing my hunting/mining in the corinth area to see what happened there, and was later rewarded with seeing two different spawn areas, and the hilarious sight of hundreds of armax and mini boorums eating up hundreds of green dots. The best bit though was when the respawns happened and it was literally raining boorums, segs, warlocks etc from the sky, that was a sight worth seeing :eek: The occasional eomon got thrown into the mix as well.

After experiencing far too much in the lag and malfunction area to be patient with it anymore I logged out for the night, only to find that all the screenies I had been snapping did not exist as fraps was not turned on :ahh:

Not sure if the server test event is still ongoing, guess I will pop in to check it out and see if my friends are still logged in as zombies :rolleyes:

Hunting Eomon at Twin

Early in the morning we managed to get a pretty big and strong team together. Several high armored people and at one point at least 3 V1's blasting. Pretty fun hunt, but only 2 globals. This one the first:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Thanx all for an exiting night!

Early in the morning we managed to get a pretty big and strong team together. Several high armored people and at one point at least 3 V1's blasting. Pretty fun hunt, but only 2 globals. This one the first:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Thanx all for an exiting night!

My team had ~4-5 globals and a 2.6k HoF after I logged on and I still lost about 700 ped on those damn Eomon. I also heard that the Eomon loot changed a bit after a certain point...Certain items that were being looted earlier in the day ceased to drop.

My team had ~4-5 globals and a 2.6k HoF after I logged on and I still lost about 700 ped on those damn Eomon. I also heard that the Eomon loot changed a bit after a certain point...Certain items that were being looted earlier in the day ceased to drop.

what items they drop(beside that plasma crap gun ) ? :whisper:

what items they drop(beside that plasma crap gun ) ? :whisper:

Marber Bravo
Martial Arms and Thighs
Isis BL1450
Advanced Strategic Combat Processors
Frean Beta and that plasma gun
no sign of Eon looted yet

hehe.. 3 steps EAST of cape corinth, you had about a gazzillion of armaxes...

MA should check their compasses:
- not really east of PA, more south-west by Chugs
- nothing special south of CC, but a few steps east of CC
- south-east of TP was right, but no info about the rig

So that would explain why I was yesterday running over 3 hours all around SOUTH of Cape Corinth as a total idiot and missed the whole event :banghead:

EFBanner_154680.jpg

Great Fun, crappy hunt lol.....

Having been in a team SE of Twin with a constant rotation of 10 players and hunting eamon for about 6 hours, we must surely have been the only team to only global ONCE the entire time... (and reached new heights of skill in PED Burner profession)!

We were hunting all maturities Young - Guardian, i lost count of the number we killed and the loot was worse than Diabolical (including a number of no loots from olds etc). We watched as 2/3 mobs that were stolen after tagging from at least 3 on our team were globalled on by other parties which added to the frustration...

The lag was awful, the loot was awful, but the team spirit (and novelty) was the only thing that kept us going. So i'd like to say a big thanks to the guys & gals that at some point teamed with us (too many to name all) for some great fun - tho I cant say a great hunt.

:scratch2::yay:

Best item in loot throughout - 3x heart oil (in global).

rofl - its dynamic

(ooo ive gone from EF young to mature on this post aswell - perhaps im complaining more now im getting older lol)

I didnt even try hunting the big stuff last nite, I took chance at having a few hours in CP dome4 where I was the only person there :) sheer bliss :)

I'll be kicking some silly big mob ass 2nite tho ;)

So that would explain why I was yesterday running over 3 hours all around SOUTH of Cape Corinth as a total idiot and missed the whole event :banghead:

EFBanner_154680.jpg

If it makes you feel better, you could stand at the TP and only notice a few green dots on radar, once you went a few metres east it became obvious gradually but going south wouldn't give you a clue ...I did that at first and someone kindly put me right on the location.
Suggestion...participant content sandwich boards in game ? :laugh:

t

Marber Bravo
Martial Arms and Thighs
Isis BL1450
Advanced Strategic Combat Processors
Frean Beta and that plasma gun
no sign of Eon looted yet

I guess u want to add a L specialy to Isis BL1450, or else that would be a pretty uber loot , best gun after Teminator maybe :D

i hate these events.. coz all the other mobs im hunting wont loot coz all the loot are on eomons and ofcourse i cant kill those :CCCC

i hate these events.. coz all the other mobs im hunting wont loot coz all the loot are on eomons and ofcourse i cant kill those :CCCC

eomon are not a profitable mob unless u get some items...

eomon are not a profitable mob unless u get some items...

probly but it still seems that those are the only mobs that are being globalled from :F

probly but it still seems that those are the only mobs that are being globalled from :F

My friend hunted those and got 3 HOFs and 7 Globals and still was 300 PED down.

STOP WHINGING!!!!!!!!!

If I remember correctly, your red rep Is from whinging. AND you have had a 13k HOF on CP. And you still whinge!

Some people :rolleyes:

Infact:

My whining days are over..

From your 13k thread. What happened to that, eh ???

well, basically that is because they where hunted CRAPLOADS. and anything that gets killed alot in short time is bound to global, especially this kind of mob. imagine everyone hunting snables, your bound to get a ton of hofs from even those mobs then

If, like some folks think, this has been server testing, then thank you. :)

BTW The Chosen Few had a GREAT (and yes profitable :)) time at Corinth. Love the herd!

Very fun!

Last edited:
Hi Sir,

Sry Sir:

well, basically that is because they where hunted CRAPLOADS. and anything that gets killed alot in short time is bound to global, especially this kind of mob. imagine everyone hunting snables, your bound to get a ton of hofs from even those mobs then

Sir, was at Chucks this morning, Sir. Craploads of big exaro there, Sir, and some ppl busy exterminating 'em, Sir. Sry, Sir, no more elites, "Special Mobs" for unwashed masses was there (Chuck's and Corinth) for just very short time, then just usual mobs in bigger spawn - possible that these might have taken away loot of our well known most beloved Ubers, Sir.

So me was killing at Chuck's like robot on steroids in slaughterhouse, and, Sir, many was with me doing same. Exaro fell like rotten trees in the wind, and respawned in same speed. Very small place, Sir, so we all could see each other - did we see a single swirly? No, Sir, no!

But we read a lot of HoF on Eomon, Big Bulk and these. Exaro fell, many many a minute, but not a single global. Even not a single "better loot" I had gotten or some other had announced, Sir. But we all were very happy to see the many "phat loots" others had on mobs we'll never be able to handle, Sir.

Sir, I've never ever seen such many mobs slaughtered in such short time, Sir. And I've never ever seen this lack of a global, Sir - I was sure there must have been one out there, so I alone destroyed 5 2x0, 2 Honors, 5K of light cells, 5K of medium cells (add amps) in a rather short time, Sir. Others did according. The money went to our well known most beloved Ubers, Sir, which made all of us out there very happy.

Yessir, I know that I'm stupid, Sir.

event is not over, but the mobs moved?

so whats up stiLL with PORT ATLANTIS?

didnt read ONE post that there is some fun for us noobs too :mad:

tu miss for yar report i will add that the queen is very pleased with yar performance...tu kindly for spending yar peds....and tu for participating in the event miss;)

no really the intententions where nice besides all the server problems ... and yes even our more mundane folk could have gotten to the bigger loots
what i did miss but ,this was near to inpossible (due to server lagggg)
was a sort off lets do it all together spirit ...i watched for quit a long time and observed (as long as server cq ma permitted)

to the slaughter i saw loads a peeps trying to join teams and were simply not allowed in if it where a real invasion..lol or was it...wed been slaughtered

it was great funn to watch but too be able too participate would have been better and i did with a few .. albeigh it due to the servers or connections and revival time ..
The lack off teams coordinating their efforts most times seemed very feeble..

i saw 3 -4 very good teams clearing most ...its about time i did a huge deposit lol
so i can become uber as well..:)
just hope i dont lose/use? :D my ill help ya when i can attitude

i do think a lot off the lesser players could have joined if it was just possible to form teams and communication could have been less laggy ..at the respawn

i think a lot off the frustration .. is due to that

for the rest ... ma do more stuff like this please ...it enhances the game and lets all spew the frustrations ..the amount off armors and famous peeps i sa where even better then the eons ...the ammo burn was high as i ever cn

:wtg:

I bet any frustration felt by us normal folk is minor compared to the regulars at the rig who have been evicted by mobs (with uber loot) in such numbers that they may be there this time in 2008 :)

t

I bet any frustration felt by us normal folk is minor compared to the regulars at the rig who have been evicted by mobs (with uber loot) in such numbers that they may be there this time in 2008 :)

t

Hehe, lol. They'd better skill up then!

Has anyone spotted where the Eomon and Exa herds have moved to?

Back